All English Final

dannyboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my arse was 1 pence 50 pence for the last 10 mins!! :shock:

hoping to see us play you, danny- without a doubt would be the biggest game in the world ever!! :D

and manU will win it!! :lol:

i also predict some pedantic bastard will tell you to get some punctuation in that sentence!! :P

hoping to see us play you, danny- without a doubt would be the biggest game in the world ever!! :D

i also predict some pedantic bastard will tell you to get some punctuation in that sentence!! :P

It looks like a Liverpool Vs Man utd final........ :wink:

Another win for us I think.

(I added a comma, ok?)

Nottingham Forest aren't actually gonna be in it mate.

Though if by "us", you mean "them", sorry mate, it'll be us.

I've been a liverpool fan since i was a young boy, I have the photo's to prove it :D

If i had to support my home team, it would be Notts County, the oldest professional league team in the world. 1862.

Nottingham Forest aren't actually gonna be in it mate.

Though if by "us", you mean "them", sorry mate, it'll be us.

I've been a liverpool fan since i was a young boy, I have the photo's to prove it :D

If i had to support my home team, it would be Notts County, the oldest professional league team in the world. 1862.

i don't think we need to see that picture of you sitting on paisley's knee!!

Now, I know this is a cup final, not the league, and is being played in a foreign land, but I found this little ditty on Football365 that is rather telling.

My prediction, Manchester 'it's nothing more than we deserve' United, at a canter, whoever...

ManYoo Are Kings Of Mini-League

Each year pundits say that you need to be beating the teams around you in order to improve and be classed as the best, with this in mind, and the fact that I have nothing better to do I thought I would look at the Top Four league for the season (given that all four teams have played each other home and away) and I found the following:

In 4th place were Liverpool who won 0, lost 2 and drew 4, scoring 3 goals and conceding 7 to leave them with 4 points and a g/d of -4.

In 3rd place were Arsenal who won 1, lost 2 and drew 3, scoring 7 goals and conceding 8 to leave them with 6 points and a g/d of -1.

In 2nd place were Chelsea who won 2, lost 2 and drew 2, scoring 5 goals and conceding 6 to leave them with 8 points and a g/d of -1.

Top of the league by a good margin are Man United who won 4, lost 1 and drew 1, scoring 11 goals and conceding 5 to leave them with 13 points and a g/d of +6.

You may think this is a waste of time given that it is the real league that matters, but should United go on and win the league, the top four would be in the same order they are here, probably just coincidence, but maybe not!...

Daniel 'Say we are top of the top 4 league..don't think it will catch on' Haines

Now the dust is clearing, the different connotations of this is being realized.

This is without doubt the biggest game in club football WORLD history and we still fully don't know who is there yet.

First of all we have the problem of it being in Russia, there are visa issues which is coming to light on the news now, no way near enough accommodation for the 70,000 + people expected to travel and what there is , is already being reported to be 5x times the original amount.

Then we have the police and the illustrious fans of Locomotive and Spartak Moscow football teams, who's fans will surely have a welcoming of their own for the English supporters. This tie has trouble written all over it.

Then we have Man UTD , If it's Liverpool who join them in Moscow, there will be rioting. Can you imagine who ever wins after the final whistle,there will be blood.The die hard fans HATE each other and would quite happily KILL each other without a moment's notice.

If it's Man Utd Vs Chelsea, then you have the prospect of Chelsea having local support with the Abramovich connection. Many Russians now consider Chelsea THEIR team after their own. All I can see for Man UTD fans is a world of pain.

The more I think about it, the more I think it would be better for U.E.F.A to switch the venue to Wembley Stadium in London, for everyone's safety.

That's not going to happen though with the money and coverage this game is going to generate .

The whole footballing world is watching.....

(I added a comma, ok?)

Your record against us isn't that great. That's why I really don't mind Liverpool winning tonight for a change

Well done Chelsea, deserved it on the night.

Hope you win it.

i actually saw about half the game on rerun this morning, that was some damn fine football all the way around. it was one of those matches you can show the people who don't like football when they're wondering why you bother watching that stuff.

Finally the short sighted Scousers will shut up about Rafa being a master tactician in Europe. His luck ran out and he got found out.

I wanted Pool to lose last night but I can't bring myself to cheer the Chavs of Chelsk! As an Arsenal fan I have "slightly" more respect for ManYoo and wish them luck

Perhaps the first gooner to ever use those words lol!!!

As an Arsenal fan myself, I will be cheering on the referee!!! :twisted:

Anyone know why the 'master tactictian' took boy wonder off when they went 2-1 down....must have been injured surely??

gotta save him for the last two (meaningless) games of the prem season. DUH.

See thats why i never made it as a manager :roll: i take back my slant at his master tacticianiushness....

Finally the short sighted Scousers will shut up about Rafa being a master tactician in Europe. His luck ran out and he got found out.

I wanted Pool to lose last night but I can't bring myself to cheer the Chavs of Chelsk! As an Arsenal fan I have "slightly" more respect for ManYoo and wish them luck

i'm hoping somebody's gonna bomb the f**king stadium as i hate both of them !!!

that might just be Arsenal's only path to winning the prem next year.

well now that there's peace in NI .... most be loads of semtex lying around !!!

well now that there's peace in NI .... most be loads of semtex lying around !!!

is it racial prejudice if he says it?

no, it's post-modern irony.

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester police have just announced, due to the trouble last night with Rangers fans, the giant TV screens planned in Manchester city centre for the Champions' League Final will be scrapped.

Man U fans who haven't got a ticket who planned to go to Manchester city centre to watch the game are going crazy, already calling in to various radio stations in the UK.

Your boys did you proud Stevie..... :(

Here is the quality rag The Sun's story on the violence.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1166626.ece

Some good photo's! Check out the sideshow...