manU

stegee

Soccer or "Football" as you call it. Is an entertaining sport, but the one peeve i have about it, the one thing i can't STAND about it, is that when 2 players make contact, even just a tiny little touch, they both fall to the ground like a sack of ****.

This sport is becoming embarrassing to watch because a mentally challenged person with no legs could stand up better then these guys when someone brushes up against them.

The main reason is because contact usually results in a penalty.....

Why doesn't anyone here watch Hockey? It's a sport where men can beat the living **** out of each other and not a single penalty be called. A guy gets punched in the face and he gets back up and starts throwing more punches.

None of this "oh my god he hit me.. wahhhhhhhh ... refffffffffffffff" bullshit

<---- I think i know why it isn't allowed on Thai TV now...

When the club was first founded, Newton Heath played their home games on a small field on North Road in Newton Heath, near to where Manchester Piccadilly Station is currently located. However, visiting teams often complained about the state of the pitch, which was "a bog at one end and rocky as a quarry at the other". The changing rooms were also nothing to be proud of, being located ten minutes walk away at the Three Crowns pub on Oldham Road. They were later moved to the Shears Hotel, another pub on Oldham Road, but a change was needed if the club was to continue in the Football League.

My earliest memories were of living on Oldham Road, corner of Thorpe Road, Newton Heath.

The houses have long since gone now of course.

bet you loved it when 'sharp' were sponsoring us!!

used to live the other side of the train lines off lightbowne road!!

small world!! :roll:

Soccer or "Football" as you call it. Is an entertaining sport, but the one peeve i have about it, the one thing i can't STAND about it, is that when 2 players make contact, even just a tiny little touch, they both fall to the ground like a sack of sh*t.

This sport is becoming embarrassing to watch because a mentally challenged person with no legs could stand up better then these guys when someone brushes up against them.

Why doesn't anyone here watch Hockey? It's a sport where men can beat the living sh*t out of each other and not a single penalty be called. A guy gets punched in the face and he gets back up and starts throwing more punches.

i think he means ice hockey!!

if you want to watch fighting go to a boxing match!! :?: :?:

Soccer or "Football" as you call it. Is an entertaining sport, but the one peeve i have about it, the one thing i can't STAND about it, is that when 2 players make contact, even just a tiny little touch, they both fall to the ground like a sack of sh*t.

Why doesn't anyone here watch Hockey? It's a sport where men can beat the living sh*t out of each other and not a single penalty be called. A guy gets punched in the face and he gets back up and starts throwing more punches.

i think he means ice hockey!!

if you want to watch fighting go to a boxing match!! :?: :?:

nu uh! I you want to watch fighting watch K1 or MMA

Soccer or "Football" as you call it.

....er?.........It's called football gOmer...that's it's name....

...it's been given the bastardised name of 'soccer' in the U.S because of the NFL...

...American Football....where only one players feet actually kick the ball.

:):)

...let me re-phrase that for you..

....."Football"...or 'Soccer' as we call it."

..that's better....

...just like 'Sports'...or "Pumped up men on steroids" as you call it.

..:):)

...it's been given the bastardised name of 'soccer' in the U.S because of the NFL...

some pom you turn out to be.

*you* lot came up with the term "soccer." it's a slang term, a contraction of "association football," a name given to distinguish it from *other* forms of football (rugby for example).

makes for a mighty stupid-looking rant when you get all self-righteous and can't even get the most basic facts straight. that said, it's generally called "football" everywhere, because Rugby isn't called football anymore, and hardly anyone outside the US gives a **** about NFL football.

...er.....not quite Zeusy....may have to get up a bit earlier than that.

...I said it

it has been given the name soccer in the U.S....

...there's no mention of any christening

...You tell me one English person who calls 'football'... 'soccer'....and i'll apologise for calling you a petty fool trying to trip anyone up .....

...:)

And if you noticed, my main point of the argument was how diving in soccer is ruining the sport, don't start with the "its official name is Football" stuff, guess what. There is more then 1 place in the world, there is more then 1 nationality in the world.

I am NOT from America and I was raised with everyone around me calling it SOCCER. Deal with it. Not "you are wrong, I am right"

grow up.

And if you noticed, my main point of the argument was how diving in soccer is ruining the sport, don't start with the "its official name is Football" stuff, guess what. There is more then 1 place in the world, there is more then 1 nationality in the world.

I am NOT from America and I was raised with everyone around me calling it SOCCER. Deal with it. Not "you are wrong, I am right"

grow up.

...grow up? are you kidding me?

..No i didn't notice your main point because you generally can't string more than three words together and it's more than likely shite....

..yes there is more than one country in the world that calls it "soccer"...Australia, New Zealand, Canada...places that have a great history with the game.....

...It's called football as far as i'm concerned and if anyone wants to keep with the century old name of soccer then that's fine...but I'll pull them up on it...because the name was invented by an idiot who contracted eveything he said...regardless of his nationality.....and it continues to be used by people of the like.

.....and i had some smiley faces at the end of my post......not some little prick telling me to grow up.

..ok..

....Both of you are as bad as each other.........waiting around for a chance to be "clever".....

...well done gOmer...you did well with your assertiveness....

...I couldn't give a shite about what you think about what i've written, but I am a bit pissed off that you feel the need to "try and chop me down"...

...when clearly my post had no mal intent and was sprinkled with happy faces...

...do you know what they mean? :) things like that..? do you??

...No you don't because you are more concerned about picking up on loose ends and figuring a way to get your head out of your arse...

:)

manU!! :twisted:

I think they deserved to win the league, certainly been the best team this year.

What a player Ronaldo has become. I remember when he first started playing for manu he was ridiculed for his 'stepover, fall over' football, and I thought he was all tricks and no end result, but with 39 (40?) goals this year, he's showing his ability now.

I don't really support a team, (my local team being Grimsby...!!) but I'd like to see Liverpool win the league. I think they have the players, but can't win consistently, which is what chelsea and manu do so well.

So, what your CL final prediction? I think it will be a very tight game. In my opinion manu are the better attacking side, but chelsea better defensively. It's a hard one to call....

lol try to chop you down?

Please point out where I once called you out in my post.

I am talking in generalizations. I told you to grow up because your acting like a kid on the playground that feels the need to defend his toys. I am not trying to steal your "Football".

Please don't feel threatened by my text in the future, it will only cause you harm, not me.

If "grow up" really hurts you that bad you might want to look at the posts above and just see who is the one trying to "chop down"

Please don't talk about my sentence layout, when i read yours i get the feeling that you have stutter or are like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman.

Pausing at the end of ever 5 words and rocking back and forth.

some pom you turn out to be.

*you* lot came up with the term "soccer." it's a slang term, a contraction of "association football," a name given to distinguish it from *other* forms of football (rugby for example).

makes for a mighty stupid-looking rant when you get all self-righteous and can't even get the most basic facts straight. that said, it's generally called "football" everywhere, because Rugby isn't called football anymore, and hardly anyone outside the US gives a sh*t about NFL football.

Only by the English upper-classes for a short while. The name never caught on in the UK.

Australia and Japan have recently changed their "Soccer" governing bodies

names to football and Canada are in the process of doing the same.

The world-wide accepted name of Football is Football and only a few countries now hang on to "Soccer"

I took this from Wiki....

Below is a list of countries or territories who hold the English language as an official or de facto official language and the name given to this sport. Included in the list also are places which have some level of autonomy in the sport and their own separate federation but are not actually independent countries: for example with the United Kingdom, the constituent countries and some overseas territories each have their own federation and national team. Not included are places such as Cyprus for example, where English is widely spoken on the ground but is not amongst the countries specifically stated official languages.

Country or territory Association Common name Population

India All India Football Federation Football 1,103,600,000

United States United States Soccer Federation Soccer 300,007,997

Pakistan Pakistan Football Federation Football 162,419,946

Nigeria Nigeria Football Association Football 128,771,988

Philippines Philippine Football Federation Football 87,857,473

England The Football Association Football 50,996,731 [1][2]

South Africa South African Football Association Disputed (officially Football) 44,344,136 [3]

Sudan Sudan Football Association Football 36,992,490

Kenya Kenya Football Federation Football 33,829,590

Canada Canadian Soccer Association Soccer 32,300,000

Uganda Federation of Uganda Football Associations Football 27,269,482

Ghana Ghana Football Association Football 21,029,853

Australia Football Federation Australia Soccer (officially Football) 20,800,000 [4]

Madagascar Fédération Malagasy de Football Football 19,280,000

Cameroon Fédération Camerounaise de Football Football 16,380,005

Zimbabwe Zimbabwe Football Association Football 12,746,990

Malawi Football Association of Malawi Football 12,158,924

Zambia Football Association of Zambia Football 11,261,795

Rwanda Fédération Rwandaise de Football Amateur Football 8,440,820

Hong Kong The Hong Kong Football Association Football 6,963,100

Sierra Leone Sierra Leone Football Association Football 6,017,643

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea Football Association Football 5,545,268

Scotland Scottish Football Association Football 5,116,900 [5]

Singapore Football Association of Singapore Football 4,425,720

Republic of Ireland Football Association of Ireland Disputed (officially Football) 4,130,700

New Zealand New Zealand Football Soccer (officially Football) 4,108,561 [6]

Puerto Rico Federación Puertorriqueña de Fútbol Football 3,994,259 [7]

Liberia Liberia Football Association Football 3,482,211

Wales Football Association of Wales Football 2,958,600 [8]

Jamaica Jamaica Football Federation Football 2,731,832

Namibia Namibia Football Association Football 2,030,692

Lesotho Lesotho Football Association Football 1,867,035

Northern Ireland Irish Football Association Football 1,710,300 [9]

Botswana Botswana Football Association Football 1,640,115

The Gambia Gambia Football Association Football 1,593,256

Mauritius Mauritius Football Association Football 1,230,602

Swaziland National Football Association of Swaziland Football 1,173,900

Trinidad and Tobago Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Football

Fiji Fiji Football Association Football 893,354

Guyana Guyana Football Federation Football 765,283

Solomon Islands Solomon Islands Football Federation Football 538,032

Malta Malta Football Association Football 398,534

The Bahamas Bahamas Football Association Football 301,790

Belize Football Federation of Belize Football 279,457

Barbados Barbados Football Association Football 279,254

Vanuatu Vanuatu Football Federation Football 205,754

Guam Guam Football Association Football 173,456 [7]

Saint Lucia St. Lucia Football Association Football 166,312

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines SVG Football Federation Football 117,534

United States Virgin Islands USVI Soccer Federation Soccer 108,448 [7]

Micronesia FS of Micronesia Football Association Football 108,105

Kiribati Kiribati Football Association Football 103,092 [10]

Grenada Grenada Football Association Football 89,502

Northern Mariana Islands NMI Football Association Football 84,546 [11]

Seychelles Seychelles Football Federation Football 81,188

Dominica Dominica Football Association Football 69,029

Antigua and Barbuda Antigua and Barbuda Football Association Football

Bermuda Bermuda Football Association Football 66,163 [12]

Marshall Islands Marshall Islands Soccer Association Soccer 59,071 [10]

American Samoa American Samoa Football Association Football 57,663 [7]

Cayman Islands Cayman Islands Football Association Football 45,017 [12]

Saint Kitts and Nevis St. Kitts and Nevis Football Association Football 38,958

Nunavut Nunavut Soccer Association Soccer 31,127 [13][10]

Gozo Gozo Football Association Football 31,000 [14][10]

Gibraltar Gibraltar Football Association Football 28,875 [15]

British Virgin Islands British Virgin Islands Football Association Football 22,016

[12]

Turks and Caicos Islands Turks and Caicos Islands Football Association Football

21,746 [12]

Palau Palau Football Association Football 20,303 [10]

Cook Islands Cook Islands Football Association Football 18,700

Nauru Nauru Amateur Soccer Association Soccer 13,528 [10]

Anguilla Anguilla Football Association Football 13,477 [12]

Montserrat Montserrat Football Association Football 4,488 [12]

Falkland Islands Falkland Island Football League Football 3,060 [15]

Christmas Island Christmas Island Soccer Association Soccer 1,493 [16] [10]

Cocos (Keeling) Islands Football Association of the CKI Football 628 [16] [10]