International ''swine flu'' emergency

Count_Jason

ok, let's be controversial for just a minute, and sure I will get flamed for this...

but...

there's too many f**kers on the planet...

man has defeated most of nature's 'culling methods',

so is it any surprise these flu variants keep coming up.

while in principle I don't like the idea of people dying, it has to be considered the whole people vs resources battle. And remember the renaissance may never have had the impact it did, or been as progressive, if plague hadn't wiped out around 50% of Europe's population.

So, resources are growing scarce, many technologies are at their slowest point of progress in years...maybe we need a bit of a die back in order to move forward...

are you still ok with this whole dying off thing if *you* are included in the dying off? just curious. (of course it's easy to *say* you are when your'e not actually staring into the void...)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound paranoid... but there are a few odd things about this virus that are emerging. ..The most alarming is that it appears to have genetic material from avian flu, human flu, and swine flu. ..Since flu viruses do not exchange genetic material during their reproductive cycle, how could this be a natural phenomenon?!

not to sound paranoid... but this is according to what? your "inside info"?

please adjust your tinfoil hat, the transmissions are a bit vague...

Not to sound paranoid... but there are a few odd things about this virus that are emerging. ..The most alarming is that it appears to have genetic material from avian flu, human flu, and swine flu. ..Since flu viruses do not exchange genetic material during their reproductive cycle, how could this be a natural phenomenon?!

Ken Alibek, the head of the Soviet Bio-Weapons program from 1988 to 1992 said in his book "Biohazard" his researchers were working on genetically modifed organisms with a view to weaponize them. That was 17 years ago. I am sure they have done it...

Ken Alibek, the head of the Soviet Bio-Weapons program from 1988 to 1992 said in his book "Biohazard" his researchers were working on genetically modifed organisms with a view to weaponize them. That was 17 years ago. I am sure they have done it...

a) you are a guy who posts links to Alex Jones videos, one of the least credible sources on the planet.

B) haven't you heard? the mere fact that it is possible to do something does not in any way prove they did it. hope you're not a lawyer.

Morning Markets: Swine flu fears spook global markets

Monday 27th April 2009: 08:40

By Hysni Kaso

Airline and travel companies are sliding in London this morning as the suspected Swine Flu pandemic sends shockwaves through global investors.

At 8.20am, the FTSE 100 was down 66.23 points, or 1.59%, to 4089.76.

British Airways was the hardest hit as air travel is seen as the likely spread of the virus, down 8.36% to 150.20p.

Cruise liner Carnival has dived 7.17% to £18, while holiday groups Thomas Cook and TUI Travel have fallen 7.07% to 262.75p and 5.61% to 256.50p respectively.

Best performer this morning is Aviva, after reporting a worldwide sales increase. The insurer is 3.93% higher to 284p. Drug companies are also doing well, as the world waits to see if a vaccine can be rapidly developed.

In Tokyo, the Nikkei was one of the only a few Asian indicies to avoid a sharp decline on Monday, adding 18.35 yen, or 0.21%, to 8,726.34. Hong Kong's Hang Seng was among the losses, down 373.23 points, or 2.45% to 14,885.62.

In the US, stock futures plummeted on Swine Flu fears, with Wall Street braced for a tough start to the week.

http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/public/showPage.html?page=854064

if this is evidence of a conspiracy, then pretty much everything that happens on earth is part of a vast conspiracy. yet strangely, there are a lot of rich people who *won't* get richer from a global pandemic.

and stranger still, global pandemics existed before conspiracies or even H. sapiens.

if i were to resort to logic as tenuous as the average conspiracy enthusiast, then these small facts would be enough to irrefutably prove that conspiracy theories are nothing more than a form of masturbation.

if this is evidence of a conspiracy, then pretty much everything that happens on earth is part of a vast conspiracy. yet strangely, there are a lot of rich people who *won't* get richer from a global pandemic.

and stranger still, global pandemics existed before conspiracies or even H. sapiens.

if i were to resort to logic as tenuous as the average conspiracy enthusiast, then these small facts would be enough to irrefutably prove that conspiracy theories are nothing more than a form of masturbation.

Come on, mate; I'm not going to suspect this flu outbreak is a conspiracy because of that - but I'm obviously interested in who's set to cash in out of it. You read too much into what people say ... or at least you have a few times with me.

Corporate Hog farms have over taken North Carolina in the US and other states and countries as well. Maybe we should all take a good look at the Pork industry which has been out of control for a long time. Money money money ........

Intense farming, feeding them total shite, junking them up with hormones, and cramming them 12 to a cage........ its out own fault this little beauty!

I ate some cracking free range French rare breed pig the other day, wow that sh*ts good.

Mmm. What was the dish?

Corporate Hog farms have over taken North Carolina in the US and other states and countries as well. Maybe we should all take a good look at the Pork industry which has been out of control for a long time. Money money money ........

Intense farming, feeding them total shite, junking them up with hormones, and cramming them 12 to a cage........ its out own fault this little beauty!

I ate some cracking free range French rare breed pig the other day, wow that sh*ts good.

Mmm. What was the dish?

Pork Rinds...Mmmmm!

PorkRinds.jpg

Come on, mate; I'm not going to suspect this flu outbreak is a conspiracy because of that - but I'm obviously interested in who's set to cash in out of it. You read too much into what people say ... or at least you have a few times with me.

i think you're reading too much into what *i* say actually. although it's partially and probably mostly my fault, not yours. so i'll be a little more explicit: i replied to your post but i wasn't talking about you, merely preemptively mowing down the type of conspiracy nut that often gravitate to threads like this.

fwiw if i were talking about you i would refer to you as "you" or by your screen name, not as "the average conspiracy enthusiast". you have shown a keen interest in conspiracy speculation but i haven't seen you post any outrageous claims. also, you didn't seem to be implying that it established a conspiracy, except the conspiracy of vultures circling to pick the bodies over, which i agree is disgusting.

inevitably though when something like a pandemic happens *someone* will insist that scant evidence "proves" something elaborate--my post is directed at the guy who will read your post and say "aha! told you so!" not at you. sorry that wasn't clear.

i think you're reading too much into what *i* say actually. although it's partially and probably mostly my fault, not yours. so i'll be a little more explicit: i replied to your post but i wasn't talking about you, merely preemptively mowing down the type of conspiracy nut that often gravitate to threads like this.

fwiw if i were talking about you i would refer to you as "you" or by your screen name, not as "the average conspiracy enthusiast". you have shown a keen interest in conspiracy speculation but i haven't seen you post any outrageous claims. also, you didn't seem to be implying that it established a conspiracy, except the conspiracy of vultures circling to pick the bodies over, which i agree is disgusting.

inevitably though when something like a pandemic happens *someone* will insist that scant evidence "proves" something elaborate--my post is directed at the guy who will read your post and say "aha! told you so!" not at you. sorry that wasn't clear.

Well, I can also be a bit ambiguous! My apologies for my previous post to you, though, mate. I do think it's likely they get up to some seriously dodgy stuff (there's an awful lot of known microbiologists and other scientists who meet violent and questionable deaths), but intentionally sparking a pandemic with the intent of worldwide genocide (including in their own country/ies) is another thing even in that context.

Mmm. What was the dish?

Pork Rinds...Mmmmm!

PorkRinds.jpg

LOL!

But I'd take those pork rinds. Yum.

A live presser in Mexico on BBC with the Health Minister stating that suspected deaths from swine flu in Mexico is now 149. If I understood the number correctly, that seems a steep rise from todays earlier figure of 110.

On a completely different and tangential note I was wondering on the weekend whether or not the saying, 'you swine!,' will disappear from the polite persons vocab for the near future?

No, but there hasn't been any deaths outside of Mexico. Off the top of my head, there's now about 100-110 reported deaths and 1,500 reported infections there. Those who've caught it in the US and New Zealand aren't seriously ill, as far as I know. I'm guessing it'd be like SARS with the masks.

nothing so much to panic or worry about the spread of the swine flu disease, as long as you have at least 100$ in your pocket,sadly again it s the poor who pay very dearly to the spread of this fatal disease as most pharmaceutical firms still refuses to license third world countries to manufacture the drug.

do the following and put your feet in a cold water and relax.

buy a couple of surgical N95 Masks, watch the news carefully if the pandemic propagates further start wearing the surgical Masks every time you go outdoors.

wash your hands for 5 min with warm water and soup every time you come back home (the viruses doesn't die with the effect of the soup it s only the mechanical action of washing that removes the actual virus particles) , avoid people coughing and avoid touching your nose or mouth with your hands. avoid large crowds and public transportation during the crisis.

you will need to stock pile

2 pills of Tamiflu oseltamivir cost around 30$.

2 pills of zanamivir around 30$.

any ordinary Cold relieve pill.

take 1 pill of each only if you have extremely strong flu symptoms, before you rush to the hospital for further diagnosis. the virus cycle life is very short and taking immediate treatment will limit the damage caused by the viruses to the tissues of the repository system.

apply my Herbal remedy described in detail in my other forum posting.

wash your hands for 5 min with warm water and soup every time you come back home (the viruses doesn't die with the effect of the soup it s only the mechanical action of washing that removes the actual virus particles) , avoid people coughing and avoid touching your nose or mouth with your hands.

I know I shouldn't be getting nervous, but what kind of soup do you mean?

Chicken? Tomato?

I have some cream of mushroom downstairs, but I really don't want to waste that on my hands....god I love that soup.

wash your hands for 5 min with warm water and soup every time you come back home (the viruses doesn't die with the effect of the soup it s only the mechanical action of washing that removes the actual virus particles) , avoid people coughing and avoid touching your nose or mouth with your hands.

I know I shouldn't be getting nervous, but what kind of soup do you mean?

Chicken? Tomato?

I have some cream of mushroom downstairs, but I really don't want to waste that on my hands....god I love that soup.

Don't use the Chicken Soup. Thats only for "Bird Flu". :-)