WTF?--- News hot off the press that makes you say--- WTF?

GoodKarma

Wikipedia plans to take its English-language site offline on Wednesday as part of protests against proposed anti-piracy laws in the US.

The user-generated news site Reddit and the blog Boing Boing have also said they will take part in the "blackout".

The sites' webmasters are opposed to the Stop Online Piracy Act (Sopa) and Protect Intellectual Property Act (Pipa) being debated by Congress.

However, Twitter has declined to take part in the shutdown.

Wikipedia's founder, Jimmy Wales, told the BBC: "Proponents of Sopa have characterised the opposition as being people who want to enable piracy or defend piracy.

"But that's not really the point. The point is the bill is so over broad and so badly written that it's going to impact all kinds of things that, you know, don't have anything to do with stopping piracy."

More here...

Now I know where the word foxhole comes from:

Foxes are dying to keep your vagina warm, apparently.

NYC-based salon Completely Bare, have announced they will now offer ‘Foxy Bikini Waxes’. What is a foxy bikini wax I hear you cry? Well, for the uneducated among us, this basically translates as the same painful hair-ripping treatment of a traditional wax but as opposed to leaving you bald-as-a-coot, your pubic hair is replaced with neon-dyed real fox fur. No, really.

I’m not even where to start on this one - but let’s think this through, are there seriously any women out there who think that spending $200 on getting their human hair traded in for animal fur (or feathers, as pictured), is a good idea? And more importantly what will men think? Can you honestly imagine the utter horror that will befall on a man when he realises he is about to go to bed with Big Bird from Sesame Street.

All I can conclude is that the ‘Foxy Bikini Wax’ certainly has all the makings for a very awkward PETA protest...

http://style.uk.msn.com/blog/style-counsel-blogpost.aspx?post=bdd65788-40fa-4759-b0e4-449e9bed7f4f

chicken.jpg

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-food-item-this-is/

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald’s-food-item-this-is/

Well, US food might be like this. I remember having lobster with the US forces in Afghanistan back in 2002, where the lobster was plastic and the lobster meat was stuffed into that. I also recall that the "steak" in US combat ratioons was minced meat put together with some organic glue (actually quite common nowadays).

We all have this with McD all over the world with Chicken Nuggets.

Actually, I think that at least in Europe, you won't find a completely smashed chicken in a "chicken burger" or let alone "chicken breast". Those who are overdoing it are everywhere. But still, I saw a documentary about how fish fingers are done (in Central Europe) and this one told me some good things. Bad thing is that already in Italy (which is not so far away from Central Europe), Fish Fingers consist of the rest of what is left of commercially using fish. Great!

This compendium, Bill, is an excellent thing. Problem is that it does not compare to anything. So the fact that more than 50% of Indian population (ooohhh! - really???, I mean, they are about 1,2 billion....) got their mobile stolen does not relate to, let's say, 70% of unused cell phones in Australia. What the heck is the whole thing about???

Saudi Arabian women are banned from driving. One woman defies the law, gets in an accident, and kills her companion.

image.jpg

"

A Saudi woman who defied a driving ban in the kingdom was injured and her companion killed when their car overturned in the northern Hael province, a police spokesman said on Monday.

"One woman was immediately killed and her companion who was driving the car was hospitalised after she suffered several injuries" when their four-wheel-drive vehicle overturned late on Saturday, said police spokesman Abdulaziz al-Zunaidi.

Ultra-conservative Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where women are not allowed to drive.

However, they get behind the wheel in desert regions away from the capital.

There have been several incidents reported in recent years of women being killed in accidents while driving despite the ban, one of a host of restrictions imposed on women in the kingdom.

In November 2010, a Saudi who defied the driving ban was killed along with three of her 10 female passengers when her car overturned in a crash.

A group of activists launched an Internet campaign last year urging Saudi women to defy the ban on driving.

The icon of the campaign, Manal al-Sherif, a 32-year-old computer security consultant, was arrested on May 22 and detained for 10

days after posting on YouTube a video of herself driving her car around the eastern city of Khobar.

Since then, women regularly get behind the wheels of their cars, according to the activists.

Five Saudi women were arrested while driving in late June in Jeddah.

Women in the kingdom who have the means hire drivers while others must depend on the goodwill of male relatives.

They are also obliged to be veiled in public, and cannot travel unless accompanied by their husbands or a close male relative."

Rob...Looks like he's beaten your record. :-)

Thai thief caught with 10,000 pairs of women's underwear

BANGKOK, January 25, 2012 (AFP) - Police in Thailand said Wednesday that they had apprehended a thief with more than a thousand pairs of women's underwear in the trunk of his car.

Police also found more than ten thousand pairs at the house of the 48-year-old Thai suspect, who was arrested late Tuesday with an accomplice after breaking into a building in Bangkok's Chinatown.

They said the man admitted to stealing and collecting women's underwear since the age of 18.

"He smelled them all the time even while driving," said police Major General Saroj Promcharoen.

The suspect will be charged with stealing property, though not the underwear for now because there is no plaintiff, police said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/528686-thai-thief-caught-with-10000-pairs-of-womens-underwear/

As long as they are confined to their veil, I think it's a good reason for not allowing them to drive. I've seen that in Kuwait some years ago and they are going like tank drivers with hatch closed - simply because they don't see anything.

But I'm afraid the "real reason" is somehow different...

BANGKOK, January 25, 2012 (AFP) - Police in Thailand said Wednesday that they had apprehended a thief with more than a thousand pairs of women's underwear in the trunk of his car.

Police also found more than ten thousand pairs at the house of the 48-year-old Thai suspect, who was arrested late Tuesday with an accomplice after breaking into a building in Bangkok's Chinatown.

They said the man admitted to stealing and collecting women's underwear since the age of 18.

"He smelled them all the time even while driving," said police Major General Saroj Promcharoen.

The suspect will be charged with stealing property, though not the underwear for now because there is no plaintiff, police said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/528686-thai-thief-caught-with-10000-pairs-of-womens-underwear/

Will he also be charged for driving while being distracted?

I've stolen well over 10,000 pairs of underwear...He doesn't beat me there.

However, I smell them less than half of the time while driving. I cannot compare to his sniff n' drive skills. He is a legend.

@DANNO

I agree Yosemite is truely a great place. You know what completely blows me away is the milkyway it's so much dayum light in the cities this is one of the few places that you can actually see stars. Another Awesome place in the US is the Grand Canyon. The North Rim in particular.

yes I went again to both last March... the night sky was not visible because of snowstorms in the area(s) -had blizzards at both Parks --- but got lucky with some bright days too...

That kind of nightsky I can remember skiing around Durrango, Colorado and Jackson Hole, Wy.

Fear Factor episode: Donkey Semen & a glass of urine for good measure. WTF? TMZ article

0126-fearfactor-ex-tmz-01.jpg

"Fear Factor" producers' plans to serve fresh glasses of donkey semen to contestants on the next episode had NBC execs so concerned ... they gave serious thought to killing the stunt, TMZ has learned.

Sources involved in the production tell us the stomach-churning stunt was shot last summer -- but NBC honchos were having a tough time swallowing this one as the air date approached.

We're told the challenge involved teams of twins drinking the full glass of donkey semen -- with a glass of urine thrown in for good measure. Contestants had to drain both glasses in order to move on to the next round.

Our sources say NBC execs had multiple pow-wows in the months after the stunt was shot ... but eventually gave FF producers the thumbs up.

Calls to NBC were not immediately returned.

The episode airs this coming Monday -- and yes, we're told multiple contestants actually do (gulp) drink up.

So that's what they mean by donkey punch.