Stramash

Who will win the Premiership  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premiership

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know why I like supporting United? I love tuning in every week and watching quality football time after time. Of course we feel cheated when we lose... We're not used to it - unlike every other club.

And I love listening to Man U haters finding any excuse to hate them... Other than the fact Man U beat them more often than any other team.

We'll settle for just one crappy trophy this year and I look forward to next season when I'm sure we'll regain form.

(as long as we put Berbatov in his correct position - car park attendant).

Looking forward already to next season following the World Cup celebration.

I am hopeful Chelsea will let go of the Coles and Anelka, and despite what Gourlay says bring in one of the following: Higuain, Pato, Aguero, Tevez or Torres. Also, it would be a coup to pick up Neymar and groom him another 2-3 years. In midfield, I'd rather have Javi Martinez stay at Athletic Bilbao, but if he has to go then let him go to Chelsea. I think it would be a mistake to pick up Gerrard. Let him go to Manchester City.

Speaking of which, 2010-11 should see the full emergence of Citeh. I think this development will be very healthy for the Premiership.

Finally, it would be very nice if a money partner enters Tottenham. The current structure does not seem to give Harry enough budget to step up to the Champions League.

I'd like to keep the Coles if they are happy to stay, especially Ashley, he's a massive **** but playing his best football in years.

Torres for me is too injury prone and I don't know how he'd fit in with Drogba.

Personally I'd keep the whole squad with the exception of Balack, Carvalho and Deco.

Will watch the world cup and see who's looking good for the Ruski check book, we need one world class striker and a little more youth.

And I love listening to Man U haters finding any excuse to hate them... .

Alex Ferguson

Paul Scholes

The Glaziers

I'll give you the Glaziers... but only cos they're Americans.

Ferguson? He's a ******* legend... in years to come they'll be talking about him in the same breath as Shankley and Busby.

Scholes? He's fantastic... can't run, can't tackle, can't pass... but every time we need a late goal, he's there. There's something inevitable about his red cards... and his tackles are so comically late, I can't believe anyone gets caught by him anymore... surely they've got plenty of time to book a ticket out of there?

And I love listening to Man U haters finding any excuse to hate them... Other than the fact Man U beat them more often than any other team.

excuse? dearie, manure hardly ever even *play* Ajax.

i don't need an excuse, the moaning, crying, excuse-making spoled-brat supporters' behavior is more than enough, thanks. you're a higher class united supporter. you moan just as much and posture just as much, but you actually know the names of more than 2 players and are even aware of when United have a match.

(as long as we put Berbatov in his correct position - car park attendant).
nah he wouldn't pay any attention and it would be chaos. put him in a black turtleneck and fifi beret, give him a cup of coffee, and loan him out to a poetry reading.

I think it would be a mistake to pick up Gerrard. Let him go to Manchester City.
i think Lampard's doing an adequate job and has been MUCH better than Gerrard in terms of fantasy football points.
Speaking of which, 2010-11 should see the full emergence of Citeh. I think this development will be very healthy for the Premiership.

i think it will take a few years for their 'full emergence'. they will likely land in the top 4 sooner rather than later even with minimal strengthening as their current squad will gel better next season (they spent this season learning each other's names).

Finally, it would be very nice if a money partner enters Tottenham. The current structure does not seem to give Harry enough budget to step up to the Champions League.
more teams with more money would spice things up a bit, yeh. the financial chasm between the bottom and the middle is almost as worrisome as the chasm between the middle and the 1337z0rs. speaking of the middle, it would be nice to see Fulham come back with a cup.

Ol' Arry Rednapp don't need no money, he's got shackles and magic beans.

Really happy for Tottenham, and you will never hear me say that ever again.

I agree...

I think Tottenham deserved their 4th... some great results this season. In fact I think they have a good chance of knocking Arsenal out of the top 4... and so do City...

Can't see the Arsenal faithful standing behind Wenger if they finish 5th next year.

Just thought... didn't Chelsea have ANOTHER dodgy goal allowed against United in November? John Terry that time...

Still (just to be fair and give Zeus some ammo he missed) I'd like to thank all the teams that scored own goals for us this year, realising that they would have to make up for Berbatov's lack of skill, drive, determination and effort.

Can't see the Arsenal faithful standing behind Wenger if they finish 5th next year.

or even 4th this year...

TIME FOR CHANGE!!

(shut the f*ck up Ciaran) :wink:

I'm all for the miserable ***** Wenger, but he has to learn how to spend money. He throws his money around about as much as a Scotsman with no arms.

or even 3rd this year...

TIME FOR CHANGE!!

(shut the f*ck up Ciaran) :wink:

I'm all for the miserable c*nt Wenger, but he has to learn how to spend money. He throws his money around about as much as a Scotsman with no arms.

Wenger is an amazing tactician, and has certainly developed some of the most exciting young players around.

And I can appreciate not going down the road of heavy heavy debt (a la Glazers) but the gap between ourselves and the top 2 is widening.

We need an Abrhamovich style injection of cash.

2 options for this; Kroenke or Usminov.

I would say that at a conservative estimate, we need to spend around the 100 million mark in the close season to bridge the gap.

I don't think Wenger would spend that type of cash even if it was available. He has often left money in the pot even when players were really needed.

So...we need a manager with a little bit of arrogant pzazz.

Perhaps a manager who has managed to reach the CL Final this year but is not hugely happy being in the league he is in.

And already been shot down in a couple of Gunners forums for this suggestion, but given a Kroenke/Mourinho combination, I would wager the CL would come to the Emirates within 3 years maximum.

I just can't see that happening with Wenger.

I would say that at a conservative estimate, we need to spend around the 100 million mark in the close season to bridge the gap.

I don't think Wenger would spend that type of cash even if it was available. He has often left money in the pot even when players were really needed.

So...we need a manager with a little bit of arrogant pzazz.

Perhaps a manager who has managed to reach the CL Final this year but is not hugely happy being in the league he is in.

And already been shot down in a couple of Gunners forums for this suggestion, but given a Kroenke/Mourinho combination, I would wager the CL would come to the Emirates within 3 years maximum.

I just can't see that happening with Wenger.

Iain u do talk some complete bollocks sometimes .... what chance is there of arsenal having a net spend of 100 million this year ?? how many clubs in the premiership have ever had a net spend of 100 million in a season ... bar perhaps citeh ?? arsene and arsenal have repeatedly said there was NO f**king money available to spend until the debt was paid off or brought down to serviceable levels !!

if arsene was spending millions every year and still winning nothing .... then after 5 years .... yeah it would be time to go .... but we've moved to a 60,000 plus stadium .... kept our debt under control .... and finished 4th or better every season in the premiership. it's not what we all want ... we want to win stuff ... but at what cost .... just take a look at pompey ... the scousers ... and west ham .... is that what u want for the club !!!!

and i would hate to see Mourinho at the emirates .... his teams may win, but r cheating, dirty, diving ***** ... would hate to see arsenal play that way !!!

there's lots of teams would love to see the CL within 3 years .... but given the money i wager Wenger would have just as much chance of bringing it to the emirates as any other manager .... and given backing in the transfer market i'd rather have him than Morinho any day !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/11/arsene-wenger-arsenal-funds

from todays guardian ...

The Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, has emphasised that a takeover of the club is not imminent and that Arsène Wenger will have funds this summer to boost the playing staff.

Wenger is set to strengthen his squad with at least three additions and Gazidis said the cash will be there when the French manager requires it. Arsenal finished third in the Premier League after losing their way in the final weeks of the season but Wenger's desire to rebuild will be backed by the board.

"I am often asked what our financial resources are," Gazidis said. "Arsène has done a terrific job in managing responsibly through a period of dramatic change for the club and the English game.

"Arsenal have not had access to the deep pockets of a wealthy investor and we have focused on a path of independence underpinned by a sustainable business model for long-term success.

"With Highbury Square coming to completion and some of our other property developments bearing fruit, we're now coming to a period where the financial health of the club is secure. That does not mean we have unlimited resources but it does mean we have sufficient funds to invest.

"One or two players are coming to the end of their contracts, William Gallas for example. Whatever happens, Arsène has identified the fact the defence has been an issue for us this year so it's not difficult to imagine that that's an area we're focused on in this transfer window."

Wenger will be offered a contract extension and, although talks have not reached a detailed stage, Gazidis is confident the coach, whose deal expires next year, will commit himself to the club once more.

"I think everybody knows that the board has always backed Arsène and believes in him totally," he added. "Arsène in return has a great love for the club. There's no dimming in his desire and I've no doubt that we'll extend his contract but we'll do that very quietly and with the minimum of fuss. When it is appropriate to make an announcement we will do so."

Gazidis said a takeover was not imminent despite Stan Kroenke now being able to save £87m on any formal bid. Takeover rules dictate that once the 30% threshold is reached, a formal offer for all remaining shares must be made at the highest price paid in the previous 12 months.

That figure stood at £10,500 each after Kroenke bought a large chunk of shares from his fellow board member Danny Fiszman in May 2009 but that anniversary has now passed. It means the American, who holds a 29.9% stake, would be obliged to offer only £8,500 per share. Kroenke's decision to buy the St Louis Rams suggested no move was imminent and Gazidis said the club remains committed to its present business model.

"Although there have been some share purchases here or there and probably will be going forward, there's been no substantive change," said Gazidis, who answered questions at a meeting with the Arsenal Supporters' Trust last night.

"The club is very comfortable with its multi-ownership model. We have four major shareholders who embrace that model and are supportive of what we are trying to do. For the foreseeable future, the multi-ownership model is providing us with a great base from which to develop the club. The atmosphere has been very healthy – the manager and the board have been very closely aligned and that is a fruitful environment in which to make progress."