2009/10 Premiership

Stramash

Who will win the Premiership  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premiership

I hope Wenger could find some new player and build them like he build Anelka, Pires or Henry.....and then they will leave us like the other.....*sigh* :sweatdrop:

Wenger bought Anelka, Pires and Henry .... i've no problem with his genius at finding and developing raw talent, but IF we do have money available let's buy a top class keeper and a big ugly thug of a centre-half !!

Why? You fancy a career change as a centre-half? :P :wink:

:twisted:

I agree with Ciaran but don't even think about career change!!! please? :twisted:

i might be ugly enough, but i ain't young enough, big enough or good enough to solve arsenal's CH or DM weaknesses !!!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Wenger could find some new player and build them like he build Anelka, Pires or Henry.....and then they will leave us like the other.....*sigh* :sweatdrop:

Wenger bought Anelka, Pires and Henry .... i've no problem with his genius at finding and developing raw talent, but IF we do have money available let's buy a top class keeper and a big ugly thug of a centre-half !!

Why? You fancy a career change as a centre-half? :P :wink:

I agree with Ciaran but don't even think about career change!!! please? :twisted:

i might be ugly enough, but i ain't young enough, big enough or good enough to solve arsenal's CH or DM weaknesses !!!

thank the gods, goddesses and other assorted deities...

though you do make Tony Adams look pretty!!

• 3 weeks later...
I have been thinking for a few weeks now that Man U will not win one single trophy this year. They don't just seem to be the team of the last few seasons.

Wouldn't that be nice....... :D

Yes, but still long way to go. I would still have Chelsea as favourites just now - other teams showing the odd frailty. Think we may see an 'underdog' lifting at least one cup this season, but come the end of season, could still be one of three teams...

:)

I have been thinking for a few weeks now that Man U will not win one single trophy this year. They don't just seem to be the team of the last few seasons.

Yes, but still long way to go. I would still have Chelsea as favourites just now - other teams showing the odd frailty. Think we may see an 'underdog' lifting at least one cup this season, but come the end of season, could still be one of three teams...

One of the three being Arsenal, the Gunners or Wengers young guns! :wink:

Barnsley v MU about to start. An upset to come?

One of the three being Arsenal, the Gunners or Wengers young guns! :wink:

Barnsley v MU about to start. An upset to come?

much as would like to say yes, I meant Chelski, Man U and Arsenal (but only if we can sort our defensive frailties - we are playing the best attacking football in the league but are **** at the back)

Barnsley to win 2-1

(since Sir Dourbastard will play his kids)

:D

january could be an interesting month. IF we r still in touch, especially as we have sold Toure and Adebayor !!

Chelsea will be unable to call on Drogba, Salomon Kalou, John Obi Mikel and Michael Essien during the Africa Cup of Nations that kicks off in January in Angola.

Drogba and Essien will be massive losses for Chelski !!

and north of the border a rare win at Parkhead for the only team in the world to share their name with a literary masterpiece! :D

who wrote "jambo *****" ???? :roll: :roll:

the same guy who wrote 'greetin faced fenian tattie howkers' :twisted:

jeffery archer ?? john grisham ??

you arsebiscuit...

Heart of Midlothian by Sir Walter Scott.

Marlon King - 18 months in jail for being a woman beating sex case.

Is it enough?

Wigan have sacked him...

But should he be banned from football for life?

It may not relate to the King case which I don't know anything about but you might be interested in this article Iain on the general issue of masculine sporting culture and violence against women after a very disturbing incident last week involving young Aussie footballers;

http://www.theage.com.au/national/going-beyond-the-boundary-20091030-hpw9.html

While only anecdotal evidence exists in Australia, Flood cites persuasive US research into men-only college fraternities and military and sporting institutions that shows risk factors for violence against women arising from a cocktail of factors. They include a combination of macho attitudes, social opportunities for intense male bonding and, inevitably, the disinhibiting presence of alcohol and drugs.

here you go

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8332029.stm

what makes it worse was that he was out celebrating his wife's pregnancy.

And he has previous convictions for similar offences.

If footballers are meant to be role models, do the FA not have a responsibility to send a message?

If drug cheats or users can be banned for life, should this bastard not be too?

Beckham to perform sexually for wives of 2018 World Cup panel

The Football Association has come under fire after offering the sexual services of David Beckham to the wives of all 25 members of FIFA?s 2018 World Cup committee.

After securing twenty-five extremely rare Mulberry handbags for the wives of the committee members voting on the host of the 2018 World Cup, it has been decided that Beckham?s sexual services could be the ace in the pack.

?What do women want more than a really expensive, yet not entirely practical, handbag? That?s right, a night of raw monkey sex with David Beckham.? said England?s bid Chief Executive Andy Anson.

?Fortunately David is a true professional and will take this all in his stride, I?m sure.?

Gifts

England are already playing catch-up after Australia and Qatar - the other nations bidding to hold the 2018 World Cup - gave FIFA delegates a branded goody bag at a conference last month.

?We sought volunteers from the current squad, but the only person who seemed even remotely interested in sleeping with a number of old women from around the world was Wayne Rooney - but we?re not sure that?s the image we?re after.?

?If Wayne tries to seduce them then the chances are we?d be moved lower than Burkino Faso in the hosting pecking order.?

When questioned about how the FA would ensure Beckham agrees to undertake such a potentially unpleasant assignment, Anson said it would be easy.

?We?ll tell him it?s a sponsorship assignment, he?ll do absolutely anything if you put a big enough check in front of him.?

(na) :twisted:

Marlon King - 18 months in jail for being a woman beating sex case.

Is it enough?

Wigan have sacked him...

But should he be banned from football for life?

It may not relate to the King case which I don't know anything about but you might be interested in this article Iain on the general issue of masculine sporting culture and violence against women after a very disturbing incident last week involving young Aussie footballers;

http://www.theage.com.au/national/going-beyond-the-boundary-20091030-hpw9.html

While only anecdotal evidence exists in Australia, Flood cites persuasive US research into men-only college fraternities and military and sporting institutions that shows risk factors for violence against women arising from a cocktail of factors. They include a combination of macho attitudes, social opportunities for intense male bonding and, inevitably, the disinhibiting presence of alcohol and drugs.

Yeah def worrying signs here in Oz and its across all codes of footy!

here you go

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8332029.stm

what makes it worse was that he was out celebrating his wife's pregnancy.

And he has previous convictions for similar offences.

If footballers are meant to be role models, do the FA not have a responsibility to send a message?

If drug cheats or users can be banned for life, should this bastard not be too?

first off, footballers *aren't* meant to be role models. they're meant to play football, to expect more of them than that is stupid and/or delusional.

secondly, i don't see any reason why he should be shunned from football any more than he would any other profession that deals with the public. that said, like any other ex con who justly got sent up river, i won't be crying a tear for the a**hole when he can't find a decent paycheck because no team wants to associate their name with a convicted sex offender.

in short no, i don't think there should be any sort of mandatory ban, but i think this dickcheese is in for a hard road anyway, and deservedly so. hope he makes some happy lifer a good wife in prison.