Stramash

Who will win the Premiership  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premiership

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a career ending injury. I hope he recovers and his injuries are not too 'life changing' as described in the papers. He should start thinking about his career after football though.

I think its in players contracts that they are not allowed to ride motorbikes , if this is the case then Spurs may be able to take legal action if they wished. Shepherd when he was at Newcastle had clauses in all the players contracts that they were not allowed to ride motorbikes, go skiing etc. Steve Harper was not allowed to play Sunday cricket!

Not sure if you mean he was warming the bench at Spurs but he has not been at Spurs for 5 seasons, he was at Chelsea for 10 years before signing for Spurs warming their bench nicely.

Tottenham in legal dilemma over Carlo Cudicini crash

Spurs are facing a legal dilemma as it emerged Carlo Cudicini was defying his contract to ride the motorbike he crashed on yesterday.

The 36-year-old former Chelsea keeper suffered two broken wrists and a fractured pelvis in an east London smash.

But Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp was unaware - as were some of Cudicini's team-mates - that he even HAD a motorcycle, even though the Italian was on his way into training.

Cudicini's contract, like those of all professional footballers, precludes them from bring involved in any action that could affect their ability to train or play.

The rules ? agreed by the FA, the Premier League and the Professional Football Association - means technically Cudicini had broken club rules and Spurs are within their rights to take action against him.

Those considerations were far from the minds of staff and players last night.

Cudicini was signed by Redknapp on a free transfer last season and has made eight appearances standing in for the injured Heurelho Gomes this campaign, but his contract runs out at the end of this season.

He previously spent nearly 10 years at Chelsea after spells at AC Milan and Lazio.

• 2 weeks later...

A stunning display of clinical finishing! Could easily have been double figures if not for Kirkland.

Lennon showed how important he is to Spurs with a goal and 3 assists. Everyone knows about his speed but it looks like his decision making and his final ball has also improved immensely. Quite possibly the best right sided midfielder/winger in the premiership.

Defoe...I don' think anything needs to be said. 5 goals says it all.

Woeful Wigan!! i went to teh currant bun to see what headline they had dreamed up for the absolute battering of Wigan but got distracted by:

Sleep-kill hubby: Wife’s forgiven me in a dream...

DEVASTATED Brian Thomas has revealed how the wife he strangled in his sleep returned to him in a dream - and assured him: "It's not your fault."

I'd love to see how that gets a run in court! :shock:

Wigan have done the right thing by stating they will refund the ticket price for any supporter who attended sundays match.

I think Spurs were robbed insofar as the sole Wigan goal came from a blatant handball. They could be sharing the EPL scoring record with Ferg U. Though it mattered not to the outcome of the game, seems yet another reason to have some post match sanction for players who don't own up to the ref.

• 2 weeks later...

Big test for both Liverpool and Arsenal tomorrow night. Can it be as good as the last EPL game at Anfield? (See the russian commentary version on the Guardian link below)

The Guardian as a few classic A v L games in their weekly roundup of sporting youtubes

Some classic commentary from the

, "as for members of the crowd there were ina fearful state of frenzy", followed by a comment about a relaxed copper. Not the near mistake in the handing out of medals and who spots it.

I can't see what all the complaining is about! We were outplayed period! The 2nd half was a joke and players just quit...How much longer can those 2 ******* idiotic owners keep this piece of **** manager around!! I am getting sick and tired of hearing everyone make excuses for this idiot!!The bottom line is ..even fully fit we are mid table crap at this point and Benitez needs to be fired and taken out have the **** kicked out of him..... It's beyond frustrating.

There.. I have vented... whew.. feel better now...

^Good to vent and frankly I am glad it is you and not all of us Gunner supporters this week. Finally, Wenger gave a half time blast and shock up the team from their 1st half slumber.

Howver, the really interesting event on the weekend was watching Fergie go into a meltdown on the sidelines as time ran out near the end of the Villa game. Only 3 mins was added for the 2nd half , instead of the usual 10 mins for United to win a game when behind, and now Fergie is quoted as saying that time keeping should be taken out of the ref's hands.

All very interesting when one relfects on the Man City game and our subsequent discussion.

Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised the lack of injury time in Manchester United's loss to Aston Villa and said his side missed an opportunity at Old Trafford.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/13/ferguson-oneill-manchester-united-villa

interesting afternoon;

Man U utterly humiliated by a Fulham side flying high, not to mention a resurgent Danny Murphy and a consistent Zamora (a good bet for fantasy teams)

Meanwhile, Murphy's old team see any hope of a title surge disappear as they lose to bottom of the table Portsmouth.

City scrape a 4-3 win over Sunderland but how many would bet on Hughes surviving the season or even the festive season.

Gunners 2-0 up at the moment, so all eyes will be on Chelski to cement their grip at the top, or drop ground to Arsenal.

:D

if anyone was betting on Hughes surviving the night, let alone the season: you lost.

it's Mancini now. funny on BBC forum how everyone's howling what an "outrage" it is that Hughes was treated so shabbily...

how many managers in ANY non-inept organization can get away with agreeing on performance targets with their boss, then missing the targets by a few light years? if they're going to pull the plug, why wait until yet another season is squandered? there's a transfer window coming up and they have a few billions of the money that went into people's gas tanks to spend...

if anyone was betting on Hughes surviving the night, let alone the season: you lost.

it's Mancini now. funny on BBC forum how everyone's howling what an "outrage" it is that Hughes was treated so shabbily...

how many managers in ANY non-inept organization can get away with agreeing on performance targets with their boss, then missing the targets by a few light years? if they're going to pull the plug, why wait until yet another season is squandered? there's a transfer window coming up and they have a few billions of the money that went into people's gas tanks to spend...

sheesh!!! Was pretty sure he would be gone by the New Year, but that IS fast!!

Be interesting to see, as ZBH points out, how many more millions are spent come January!!

:D

and also;

has to be Benitez as next favourite for the chop?

not that fast considering he was in place when the sheikh bought the club and they gave him 18 months and 200 million to spend.

Rafa would have (and should have) been gone a long time ago IMO if the ownership of 'pool weren't so dysfunctional. Kaldoon et al are being criticized by the forum monkeys for running the club like a business... hmmmmm exactly what Liverpool *didn't* do... and why they can't afford to fire Rafa...

contrary to the opinion of many Arse supporters i think Wenger is safe (and rightly so).

Nice to see Pool sticking by their manager, you don't often see it these days, with only a handfull of clubs having the same manager for the past 5 years.

Even nicer to see Man U get f*cked by Fulham though!

it's good to see Pool stick by him ... because they'll do f**k all in the premiership as long as he stays there !!!!!!!!!!!

and yep ... was great to see man ure get f**ked ... it's gonna be a funny and interesting season this one !!!

Nice to see Pool sticking by their manager, you don't often see it these days, with only a handfull of clubs having the same manager for the past 5 years.

I think that will last until/if/when/who knows/fairies at the bottom of the garden this rumoured/gossiped/semi mythical Arab investment happens/doesn't happen/oh look there's a ufo. Then he'll be out on his ass.

Anyone want a wager, say 1000 baht (to go to charity of admin's choice in case this falls foul of Thai gambling laws) that Klinsmann is in charge by start of next season??

:twisted:

I think that will last until/if/when/who knows/fairies at the bottom of the garden this rumoured/gossiped/semi mythical Arab investment happens/doesn't happen/oh look there's a ufo. Then he'll be out on his a*s.

Anyone want a wager, say 1000 baht (to go to charity of admin's choice in case this falls foul of Thai gambling laws) that Klinsmann is in charge by start of next season??

Hmmmm I'll check my bank account to see if i can get in on that (JOKES).....it seems like that the EPL and England are falling in luv with Italian coaches. So you never know......

I think that will last until/if/when/who knows/fairies at the bottom of the garden this rumoured/gossiped/semi mythical Arab investment happens/doesn't happen/oh look there's a ufo. Then he'll be out on his a*s.

Hmmmm I'll check my bank account to see if i can get in on that (JOKES).....it seems like that the EPL and England are falling in luv with Italian coaches. So you never know......

that may be so, but last time I looked, Klinsmann was German...

:wink:

...who could dive like only Italians can do...

or whatever they call folks from the Ivory Coast!! :twisted:

or whatever they call folks from the Ivory Coast!! :twisted:

Not a chance...Drogba drops with the grace and amateurism of a wet sack of rice. He's nowhere near the shear dramatics of a Rossi or Totti.

I give him credit though for keeping trying. :roll:

Ian..I'll take the wager...

Talk about going from **** to worse! Klinsman was a joke at Bayern. The fat piece of trash needs to go for sure but we don't need Klinsey... Gus would be a good choice but he is locked up with Russia.. I'll settle for Frank Rijkaard right now. The financial anchor that keeps the fat piece of **** as manager is just more proof that moron americans have no clue as to what they are doing. They have now destroyed teams in 3 countries! We can only hope that their plane goes down on the next trip over.

not that fast considering he was in place when the sheikh bought the club and they gave him 18 months and 200 million to spend.

Rafa would have (and should have) been gone a long time ago IMO if the ownership of 'pool weren't so dysfunctional. Kaldoon et al are being criticized by the forum monkeys for running the club like a business... hmmmmm exactly what Liverpool *didn't* do... and why they can't afford to fire Rafa...

contrary to the opinion of many Arse supporters i think Wenger is safe (and rightly so).

hughes really didn't do enough at citeh .... midfield and forwards r ok, but his defence is shite ... wayne bridge highest paid left back in the premiership, lescott 24 million and now injured, toure looking well of the pace .... wonder how dunne is getting on at villa !!!! selling him looks like his worst bit of business !!!!