World Cup 2010.....

beej

Think the English press are pushing it a bit here- is this how we can get over England's World Cup exit:

HOME Counties tennis maestro Andy Murray lifted England's sporting gloom last night as he stormed into the Wimbledon semi-finals.

Days after the nation's footballers crashed disastrously out of the World Cup, the Surrey-based Brit smashed his way to a mouth-watering last-four showdown with World Number One Rafael Nadal.

If he beats the Spaniard tomorrow, he will become the first home player to reach a Wimbledon final since Bunny Austin in 1938.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3036778/Hurray-for-Andy-Murray-from-Surrey.html#ixzz0sOpCpqhj

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the English press are pushing it a bit here- is this how we can get over England's World Cup exit:

HOME Counties tennis maestro Andy Murray lifted England's sporting gloom last night as he stormed into the Wimbledon semi-finals.

Days after the nation's footballers crashed disastrously out of the World Cup, the Surrey-based Brit smashed his way to a mouth-watering last-four showdown with World Number One Rafael Nadal.

If he beats the Spaniard tomorrow, he will become the first home player to reach a Wimbledon final since Bunny Austin in 1938.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3036778/Hurray-for-Andy-Murray-from-Surrey.html#ixzz0sOpCpqhj

yeah but if Nadal beats him the sun will have him back to being a Scottish/Jock bottler !!!!

yeah but if Nadal beats him the sun will have him back to being a Scottish/Jock bottler !!!!

I watched his game against Tsonga last night on a live internet feed from ESPN US......they had him down as England and Britain's Andy Murray :roll:

Did anyone else here about Steven Gerrard knocking up his Wife's sister last month, is there a gagging order on the press about it or something?

He was supposed to have knocked up a 15/16 year old schoolgirl by all accounts and a Derby County Scottish International player was shagging his missus.

ALLEGEDLY !

Did anyone else here about Steven Gerrard knocking up his Wife's sister last month, is there a gagging order on the press about it or something?

I think the story is older than that and there was a gag order placed until after the World Cup. Supposedly, this was one of the reasons that John Terry was so pissed about Gerrard becoming captain after Ferdinand was injured.

it's a pity those useless ***** aren't as good at football as they r at knocking off dodgy tarts !!!!!

if there was a world cup for that England would be world f**king champions !!! :D:D

I think the story is older than that and there was a gag order placed until after the World Cup. Supposedly, this was one of the reasons that John Terry was so pissed about Gerrard becoming captain after Ferdinand was injured.

Thought so, ******* sad state of affairs really.

Thought so, f*cking sad state of affairs really.

Steven shags his wife's sister and gets her pregnant. Steven discovers this news only days before receiving a job promotion. Two of his predecessors had left for 'personal reasons' and his employer decides it would be unwise to lose his another important member of staff and they decide to bury Steven's problem.

Not long after, Steven's colleague John discovers what's been going on and is furious about the preferential treatment received by Steven. So disappointed by his employer, John decides to tell all his workmates about the shenanigans and backed by his best buddy Frank and Wayne who have nothing better to do, opinion is quickly divided. Productivity suffers considerably and the general morale is so low the boss decides a company jolly and a few beers on a work night might help lift spirits. They all return to work the next day and there is a notable improvement in work ethic, this does not last.

Customers are furious and start to vent their frustrations. John decides enough is enough and, being a vindictive man, he tells all to the local media. His employer quickly finds out and chastises John for his actions but in an attempt to rebuild a little unity within the company he gives a unanimous backing to all his employees.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world ... England take to the pitch in Bloemfontein. Performances from messrs Terry, Lampard and Gerrard are unforgivable and the team are unceremoniously dumped out of the World Cup to arch rivals Germany in a humiliating 4-1 defeat.

:lol:

After Nigeria's poor performance in the World Cup, the Nigerian president has banned them from playing international matches for 2 years.

Nigeria's goal keeper is so distraught that the team played so badly, he's decided to personally refund the costs of all fans who travelled.

He's asked fans to forward him their account number, sort code and mothers maiden name.

:twisted:

FLOP Ashley Cole sent a disgraceful message to pals days before flying out to the World Cup - snarling: "I hate England and the f***ing people!"

The Chelsea defender shared the astonishing insult with pals using his BlackBerry hours before he boarded a flight to England's pre-World Cup training camp in Austria.

He posted it as his status message, allowing all those designated as his friends to see it.

The jibe appeared under a picture of Cole, 29, sunning himself with his shirt off and a towel over his head.

As he aired his crude views, millions of England supporters were rallying behind Cole and his team-mates - and thousands were spending hard-earned savings to fly to South Africa to cheer them on.

The news of Cole's contempt and lack of commitment will add insult to injury for fans fuming over the abject World Cup performance.

Cole yesterday insisted he WAS totally dedicated to England. He said: "I always try my hardest for England and Chelsea but the intrusion and pressure I feel is making my life hell."

Cole, dumped by ex-wife Cheryl after repeatedly cheating on her and sex-texting women - posted his BlackBerry rant shortly after he started seeing ex-lapdancer Sarah Purnell.

As Cole arrived back in the UK with the rest of the England squad yesterday, Sarah was waiting to see if their relationship will go into extra time.

The mum of one, from Dudley, West Mids, said Cole had texted her from South Africa.

She said: "We said we'll meet when he gets back, but I'm not putting pressure on him."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3035256/Ashley-Cole-I-hate-England.html

No idea...im just saying the rumour is bullshit.

What about the one about it being a schoolgirl he got up the duff and his missus with the Derby player??

That one might be true, it certainly has more credibility.

Who knows....something is definitely not right and i'm sure it will come out eventually.