Train in Thailand

hienz

Question

16 answers to this question

Second Class Air Con, bottom bunk, mai mee bon haa, book at least a week in advance :)

and wear a mask...I took the train ride up to chiang mai from BKK about 5 years ago (before I knew how cheap airasia was), and my nose was filled with black gunk because everyone along the entire route seems to be a pyromaniac.

:roll:

First Class - secure, private, more spacious, VERY cold aircon, quiet(er), chance of sleep, able to **** in the room (close curtains in case you are still doing it when you pull into a station)

Second Class - easy to rob, noisy, cramped, vendors every couple of minutes, no chance even for a sly wank.

Both very slow and boring scenery.

Aeroplane - fast, clean, sleek... absolutely worth the extra cash.

Geesh guys, where is your sense of adventure? I don't know when you last used the trains here in Thailand but I've never had any hassles from vendors coming through...or smelly...or noisy...or cramped...or being robbed...tststs. :roll:

I'll take the trains again going to Ubon on Monday and looking forward to it.

Btw, doing naughty things in 1st class sleeper is no challenge really. We had some hanky-panky in a 2nd class sleeper lower bunk whilst her kid slept in the top one. GF is going to kill me for this but I just thought I raise the bar a bit. :twisted:

8)

First Class - secure, private, more spacious, VERY cold aircon, quiet(er), chance of sleep, able to f*ck in the room (close curtains in case you are still doing it when you pull into a station)

Second Class - easy to rob, noisy, cramped, vendors every couple of minutes, no chance even for a sly wank.

Both very slow and boring scenery.

Aeroplane - fast, clean, sleek... absolutely worth the extra cash.

But no way to shag on a flight...errr...I did it once, but it was not domestic :P

Ladies, sorry for my French.

It depends on what you want. To get quick to the wanted place and dondt care for to be 2 hours before flying on the airport "enjoying" all the controls and waiting, waiting,waiting and accept the narroww seats you shouldt choose the plane.

If you want to enjoy the beautifull scenery of the Thailand landscapes, sitting comfortabel and travel relaxed take the railway, 1st or 2nd class.

I went from Hua Hin to Surat Thani and enjoyed it really.

It depends on what you want. To get quick to the wanted place and dondt care for to be 2 hours before flying on the airport "enjoying" all the controls and waiting, waiting,waiting and accept the narroww seats you shouldt choose the plane.

If you want to enjoy the beautifull scenery of the Thailand landscapes, sitting comfortabel and travel relaxed take the railway, 1st or 2nd class.

I went from Hua Hin to Surat Thani and enjoyed it really.

Yes indeed, Pluggy , you are right:

I once took the Sprinter from Hadyai to BKK and it was very comfortable.

I once took the night train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. sleeper 2nd class. The air con was running high all night and it was freeeeezing.... !

I ask for extra blanket but never got any, untill I finally got up and found where they were keeping bed sheets and blankets and got myself one. Of course I catched a cold... I would also recommand you bring something to eat. Everything else was very good.