is soccer boring?

johnno

is soccer the most boring game on the planet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. is soccer the most boring game on the planet?

• yes
    • of course
    • no, i think darts and snooker and snail racing are

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... it's the beautiful game.

If you have a team, it brings you soaring joy one week and despondent gloom the next. It gives you a passion for a sport that no other sport can bring. It's superbly exciting and soul destroying all at the same time...

Just look at the crowds... see if they think it's boring.

Well... not Brighton crowds obviously.

no football is not boring - there are no lengthy stops in play while another part of your team comes on, the game flows rather than constantly stopping and starting. It lasts the 90 minutes (or thereabouts) it is meant to, rather than 3 hours. You can watch a game that varies from moments of sublime skill to moments of almost donkey like, but amusing, grace.

:)

did you guys know that you just described an acid trip. drugs are boring. i rest my case.

not really much of a case, more of a throwaway plastic bag...

like an acid trip?

how many acid trips have you had?

ok, so the premises seems to be; YOU find football boring. Fair enough, that's YOUR opinion, but does not mean it is FACT.

Personally I think that gay rugby game the yanks call football is mind numbingly suicide inspiringly boring, but it doesn't make it fact.

ok, so the premises seems to be; YOU find football boring. Fair enough, that's YOUR opinion, but does not mean it is FACT.

Personally I think that gay rugby game the yanks call football is mind numbingly suicide inspiringly boring, but it doesn't make it fact.

did i say football is boring???? NO!!!!!!! just soccer 8)

is this your opinion or fact?? ho hum. boring just like watching a game of soccer. what gay rugby game do yanks play? gridiron (american football)? wow, i don't think they will appreciate you calling it rugby.

YOU find football boring. Fair enough, that's YOUR opinion, but does not mean it is FACT.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

You can't argue than anyone elses opinion is otherwise.

did i say football is boring???? NO!!!!!!! just soccer 8)

is this your opinion or fact?? ho hum. boring just like watching a game of soccer. what gay rugby game do yanks play? gridiron (american football)? wow, i don't think they will appreciate you calling it rugby.

soccer IS football, was called that before 'gridiron' came along. And after all, there really is quite a minimum amount of time where 'foot' and 'ball' actually come into contact in 'gridiron'

Plus, within FIFA, there are 45 affiliates who are English speaking countries. Of these, only 3 (USA, Canada and Samoa) call it soccer. Therefore, by majority, the correct terminology for English speakers is simply 'football' or 'association football'.

and why would people get upset about comparing/calling 'gridiron' (to) rugby?

That is where the game's origins lie, except they added helmets, padding and long intervals of nothingness

:twisted:

YOU find football boring. Fair enough, that's YOUR opinion, but does not mean it is FACT.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

Yes I can.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

Yes I can.

****. I gotta be more careful.

Ok you can big nose.

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

Yes I can.

****. I gotta be more careful.

Ok you can big nose.

Thanks tinytodge...

But I think you mistook me for someone who gave a **** whether I had your permission or not...

:wink:

That is where the game's origins lie, except they added helmets, padding and long intervals of nothingness

don't know why you keep referring to gridiron. its boring also, but not as boring as soccer. at least they have dancing girls. do you have any in soccer in UK?

Plus, within FIFA, there are 45 affiliates who are English speaking countries. Of these, only 3 (USA, Canada and Samoa) call it soccer. Therefore, by majority, the correct terminology for English speakers is simply 'football' or 'association football'.

i think you can safely add australia and new zealand. we speak english there also and we call soccer soccer. in australia, football can be rugby league or union or australian rules. in new zealand, its union or league.

don't know why you keep referring to gridiron. its boring also, but not as boring as soccer. at least they have dancing girls. do you have any in soccer in UK?

i think you can safely add australia and new zealand. we speak english there also and we call soccer soccer. in australia, football can be rugby league or union or australian rules. in new zealand, its union or league.

they NEED the dancing girls cos it takes so freaking long to play the game.

Only using 'gridiron' as I presumed that was you were referring to as 'football'.

So what sport do you mean by the term 'football' then?

And actually, yes, some of the big clubs in the UK do have 'dancing girls' before the game.

And in both Australia and NZ, the governing bodies use the term association football, NOT soccer.

:)

Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the governing body for the sport of football (soccer) in Australia. Before 1 January 2005, it was known as the Australian Soccer Association (ASA), which succeeded Soccer Australia in this role in 2003. Ben Buckley is currently the CEO of the FFA and Frank Lowy is the chairman.[1]

Among other duties, the FFA oversees Australia's national football teams (including the Socceroos (men), the Matildas (women), the Olyroos and other various youth teams); national coaching programmes; coordination with the various state and territory governing bodies; and the national club competition. Until 2004 the national competition was the National Soccer League; the FFA launched a new national league in 2005, the A-League.

from wikipedia. can you count how many times the term "soccer" is used here? 8)

Football Federation Australia (FFA) is the governing body for the sport of football (soccer) in Australia. Before 1 January 2005, it was known as the Australian Soccer Association (ASA), which succeeded Soccer Australia in this role in 2003. Ben Buckley is currently the CEO of the FFA and Frank Lowy is the chairman.[1]

Among other duties, the FFA oversees Australia's national football teams (including the Socceroos (men), the Matildas (women), the Olyroos and other various youth teams); national coaching programmes; coordination with the various state and territory governing bodies; and the national club competition. Until 2004 the national competition was the National Soccer League; the FFA launched a new national league in 2005, the A-League.

from wikipedia. can you count how many times the term "soccer" is used here? 8)

he Australia national football team represents Australia in international association football competitions. Its official nickname is the "Socceroos". The team is controlled by Football Federation Australia (FFA), which is currently a member of the Asian Football Confederation and also an invitee member of the ASEAN Football Federation since 2006.

Australia is a four-time Oceania Football Confederation champion and has been represented at two FIFA World Cup tournaments, in 1974 and 2006. 14th is Australia's highest ever FIFA World Ranking since the rankings were introduced in 1992. Australia topped their group in the 2010 World Cup qualification and became one of the first nations to qualify for the finals tournament without losing a match and only conceding one goal.

World Cup qualification in 2005 has seen Australian association football increase considerably in domestic popularity and in international competitiveness.

from wikipedia. can you count how many times the term "football" is used here?

:lol: