is soccer boring?

johnno

is soccer the most boring game on the planet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. is soccer the most boring game on the planet?

• yes
    • of course
    • no, i think darts and snooker and snail racing are

Is it boring? There is no precise answer on this question!

We are all different people with differnt opinion and that`s all.

Stramash wrote 'football is the MOST watched sport in the world'! It mean that football isn`t boring for MOST people in the world!

very true, football is exciting. but my jock mate is saying SOCCER is FOOTBALL. not so, soccer is soccer and football is ULARG

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well is it?l

Football is only sport game that I follow and know rules better than other sports. I was even a player (of the community for some fun sharity event) when i was young ) :-)

what did you play Kus? rugby league, union, aussie rules or gridiron? :lol:

My village league 8)

By sheer numbers, football is loved by billions of people across the globe... way more than any other sport.

quite right, millions watch gridiron in USA, millions watch union/league/aussie rules. probably billions watch SOCCER. why? cos they need something to help them sleep. :roll:

This thread is going nowhere - you think football is boring... but most of the rest of the world don't.

no, SOCCER is boring. i think football (ULARG) is exciting :shock:

to quote my jock mate, is this your opinion or fact? opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them and they all stink. :lol:

By sheer numbers, football is loved by billions of people across the globe... way more than any other sport.

quite right, millions watch gridiron in USA, millions watch union/league/aussie rules. probably billions watch SOCCER. why? cos they need something to help them sleep. :roll:

This thread is going nowhere - you think football is boring... but most of the rest of the world don't.

no, SOCCER is boring. i think football (ULARG) is exciting :shock:

to quote my jock mate, is this your opinion or fact? opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them and they all stink. :lol:

Darnn.. can I pull my comments posted back.. :x

Despite soccer being a fun game, it is watched by billions because of the sheer economics of it. You only need a makeshift ball and a field and you can play.

Once you play the sport, you can enjoy watching others play it too. On the other end there are games like ice hockey which require a lot more equipment (and ice) to play. You don't see many brazilians out there cheering on that great sport :)

I am an AFL fan myself (aussie rules) don't mind soccer (oops I mean football) when two really good teams are playing!!! World Cup EPL etc etc!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: Go Saints!!!!!

well gaelic football would be my number one sport, but also enjoy watching football (soccer), aussie rules, rugby, boxing ..... in fact sitting with a cold beer in hand i can watch most sports !!! :D

ok, so the premises seems to be; YOU find football boring. Fair enough, that's YOUR opinion, but does not mean it is FACT.

Personally I think that gay rugby game the yanks call football is mind numbingly suicide inspiringly boring, but it doesn't make it fact.

did i say football is boring???? NO!!!!!!! just soccer 8)

is this your opinion or fact?? ho hum. boring just like watching a game of soccer. what gay rugby game do yanks play? gridiron (american football)? wow, i don't think they will appreciate you calling it rugby.

soccer IS football, was called that before 'gridiron' came along. And after all, there really is quite a minimum amount of time where 'foot' and 'ball' actually come into contact in 'gridiron'

soccer IS football. American football, IS football. rugby, too, IS football. gridiron? what's that? you mean "gridiron football"? it was called 'football' since its inception. as were rugby football and association football. oh and the only people who call it "gridiron" are you, and a couple other dozen pompous brits (the entire non-immigrant population of the British Isles). the only reason anyone bothers with the word 'gridiron' are times like now, where one wants to make clear what kind of football is being talked about. oh and ah... that "soccer" word? the English came up with that. short for "association." they used it so they would be able to tell they weren't talking about rugby Football.

as for the foot contacting the ball, etymology is far from a precise science but it has been suggested by many scholars, including those on the wrong side of the Atlantic (your side) that "football"refers to sports played ON foot (as in, by peasants) as opposed to the more gentlemanly sports like polo which are played on horseback by the mercifully dwindling population of upper class twits.

Plus, within FIFA, there are 45 affiliates who are English speaking countries. Of these, only 3 (USA, Canada and Samoa) call it soccer. Therefore, by majority, the correct terminology for English speakers is simply 'football' or 'association football'.

logic isn't your strength is it? so um.. there are more people in the US than in the UK. therefroe, by majority, the correct term for a unit in a multi-unit dwelling is "apartment" and not "flat."

hey i have an idea. you are SCOTTISH. so MIND YOUR OWN ******* BUSINESS. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PUNY COUNTRY CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR MUCH OF ANYTHING ELSE, BECAUSE NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE **** YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING ANYWAY.

get with the proper order of things while we're on correctness. "UK" means places like Scotland are the lapdog of England. the UK is the lapdog and/or prison wife of the USA. therefore, the chances of anyone outside of Scotland giving a sideways, runny turd in the gutter about your majority are about up there with your chances of getting struck by lighting 30 times in the next ten minutes. you guys should stick to making Scotch. keep doing that and we might not nuke you. no wait, that would be a waste of a perfectly good missile that could be used on an important country like Panama (money laundering bastards) or Tuvalu (just because if we Americans can't find it on a map then we ought to have it ******* removed anyway).

and why would people get upset about comparing/calling 'gridiron' (to) rugby?

That is where the game's origins lie, except they added helmets, padding and long intervals of nothingness

correct. but um... rugby was called football at one time, too, scholar... same time as association football actually...

also, that nothingness? it's called "commercial breaks." these are very important because the commercials are usually a lot more entertaining than the game itself (especially the "Super"bowl)....

ok, so the premises seems to be; YOU find football boring. Fair enough, that's YOUR opinion, but does not mean it is FACT.

Personally I think that gay rugby game the yanks call football is mind numbingly suicide inspiringly boring, but it doesn't make it fact.

is this your opinion or fact?? ho hum. boring just like watching a game of soccer. what gay rugby game do yanks play? gridiron (american football)? wow, i don't think they will appreciate you calling it rugby.

soccer IS football, was called that before 'gridiron' came along. And after all, there really is quite a minimum amount of time where 'foot' and 'ball' actually come into contact in 'gridiron'

soccer IS football. American football, IS football. rugby, too, IS football. gridiron? what's that? you mean "gridiron football"? it was called 'football' since its inception. as were rugby football and association football. oh and the only people who call it "gridiron" are you, and a couple other dozen pompous brits (the entire non-immigrant population of the British Isles). the only reason anyone bothers with the word 'gridiron' are times like now, where one wants to make clear what kind of football is being talked about. oh and ah... that "soccer" word? the English came up with that. short for "association." they used it so they would be able to tell they weren't talking about rugby Football.

as for the foot contacting the ball, etymology is far from a precise science but it has been suggested by many scholars, including those on the wrong side of the Atlantic (your side) that "football"refers to sports played ON foot (as in, by peasants) as opposed to the more gentlemanly sports like polo which are played on horseback by the mercifully dwindling population of upper class twits.

Plus, within FIFA, there are 45 affiliates who are English speaking countries. Of these, only 3 (USA, Canada and Samoa) call it soccer. Therefore, by majority, the correct terminology for English speakers is simply 'football' or 'association football'.

logic isn't your strength is it? so um.. there are more people in the US than in the UK. therefroe, by majority, the correct term for a unit in a multi-unit dwelling is "apartment" and not "flat."

hey i have an idea. you are SCOTTISH. so MIND YOUR OWN f*cking BUSINESS. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PUNY COUNTRY CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR MUCH OF ANYTHING ELSE, BECAUSE NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE f*ck YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING ANYWAY.

get with the proper order of things while we're on correctness. "UK" means places like Scotland are the lapdog of England. the UK is the lapdog and/or prison wife of the USA. therefore, the chances of anyone outside of Scotland giving a sideways, runny turd in the gutter about your majority are about up there with your chances of getting struck by lighting 30 times in the next ten minutes. you guys should stick to making Scotch. keep doing that and we might not nuke you. no wait, that would be a waste of a perfectly good missile that could be used on an important country like Panama (money laundering bastards) or Tuvalu (just because if we Americans can't find it on a map then we ought to have it f*cking removed anyway).

that's one hell of a f**king rant for a monday afternoon !! :roll: :roll: :roll:

hey i have an idea. you are SCOTTISH. so MIND YOUR OWN f*cking BUSINESS. NO ONE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PUNY COUNTRY CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR MUCH OF ANYTHING ELSE, BECAUSE NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE f*ck YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING ANYWAY.

get with the proper order of things while we're on correctness. "UK" means places like Scotland are the lapdog of England. the UK is the lapdog and/or prison wife of the USA. therefore, the chances of anyone outside of Scotland giving a sideways, runny turd in the gutter about your majority are about up there with your chances of getting struck by lighting 30 times in the next ten minutes. you guys should stick to making Scotch. keep doing that and we might not nuke you. no wait, that would be a waste of a perfectly good missile that could be used on an important country like Panama (money laundering bastards) or Tuvalu (just because if we Americans can't find it on a map then we ought to have it f*cking removed anyway).

That is where the game's origins lie, except they added helmets, padding and long intervals of nothingness

correct. but um... rugby was called football at one time, too, scholar... same time as association football actually...

also, that nothingness? it's called "commercial breaks." these are very important because the commercials are usually a lot more entertaining than the game itself (especially the "Super"bowl)....

I'm with Ciaran; a hell of a rant, and, frankly, 24 hours too late. It was Sunday afternoon, I was hungover, there were no VBrokers or Allseasonmen about and I fancied a good old fashioned TF wind up/debate. So myself and Johnno spent a harmless couple of hours arguing over something completely pointless.

We managed to do it without resorting to cheap and tawdry insults, but as usual in comes ZBH on his white horse, the intellectual (ha) film school idiot who can't just leave it at whether the ******* game should be called soccer or football, but has to get all insulting with it (something that had generally been avoided to this point).

I really don't give a flying crock of **** what the game is called. Johnno calls it soccer and finds it boring, I call it football and find it exciting. End of story.

So please, dismount the tall horse and chill the f*ck out. The party was already over and guess what, you weren't invited.

And yes, rugby was also called football, hence the correct term for round ball football is 'association football', to differentiate it from the other forms at the time.

But since you are obviously in the middle of the male equivalent of riding the cotton pony, your transgressions, on this occasion, will be overlooked.

:lol:

While I appreciate and concede that some of the former colonies and cultural backwaters have developed their own games which have come to be labelled 'football'. Even the word 'soccer' itself is derived from the 'association' part of 'association football'.

now THAT is hypocrisy taken to obscene extremes... Scots calling *anyone* else a 'cultural backwater.' what? we're talking about Australia? oh. never mind.

I'm with Ciaran; a hell of a rant, and, frankly, 24 hours too late. It was Sunday afternoon, I was hungover, there were no VBrokers or Allseasonmen about and I fancied a good old fashioned TF wind up/debate. So myself and Johnno spent a harmless couple of hours arguing over something completely pointless.

We managed to do it without resorting to cheap and tawdry insults, but as usual in comes ZBH on his white horse, the intellectual (ha) film school idiot who can't just leave it at whether the f*cking game should be called soccer or football, but has to get all insulting with it (something that had generally been avoided to this point).

I really don't give a flying crock of sh*t what the game is called. Johnno calls it soccer and finds it boring, I call it football and find it exciting. End of story.

So please, dismount the tall horse and chill the f*ck out. The party was already over and guess what, you weren't invited.

And yes, rugby was also called football, hence the correct term for round ball football is 'association football', to differentiate it from the other forms at the time.

But since you are obviously in the middle of the male equivalent of riding the cotton pony, your transgressions, on this occasion, will be overlooked.

i guess you guys really are too pigshit-thick to be able to tell when something is tongue in cheek. and there's you calling me an idiot? you, sir are not only a douchebag but a whiny one.

We managed to do it without resorting to cheap and tawdry insults, but as usual in comes ZBH on his white horse, the intellectual (ha) film school idiot who can't just leave it at whether the f*cking game should be called soccer or football, but has to get all insulting with it (something that had generally been avoided to this point).

I really don't give a flying crock of sh*t what the game is called. Johnno calls it soccer and finds it boring, I call it football and find it exciting. End of story.

i guess you guys really are too pigshit-thick to be able to tell when something is tongue in cheek. and there's you calling me an idiot? you, sir are not only a douchebag but a whiny one.

Handbags at dawn *****...

Handbags at dawn b*tch...

only if you promise to stop crying like a schoolgirl, hussy.

Handbags at dawn b*tch...

only if you promise to stop crying like a schoolgirl, hussy.

from someone who will be crying like a baby when I smack them with my genuine fake LV shoulder bag, that's damn rich!