is soccer boring?

johnno

is soccer the most boring game on the planet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. is soccer the most boring game on the planet?

• yes
    • of course
    • no, i think darts and snooker and snail racing are

take your bat and ball and slink off and take dave dave dave with you. .

and i see the latest result to the poll is 46% say it boring.. 6% say...of course its boring. 46% like it as much as watching snooker and darts and snail racing. the figures speak for themselves.

if u r trying to use those figures to prove anything (other than how f**king dumb ur poll actually is) u really r a lost cause !! :roll: :roll:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Brit friends may well criticise their own country, but I dare you to show them this forum... It's one thing for us to do it, and quite another for someone to post offensive rants against another country.

and therein lies the pproblem. i'm from ...... and i say its football, not soccer. i'm british and i say .........if anyone dares to disagree with you, then they are automatically open to flaming. it's a TF disease and have a look here at who's doing the flaming. usually you (TF flamers) can get away with it cos the person slinks back into their corner. did you go to school davedavedave or am i asuming too much again. remember the school bullies?

SOCCER IS BORING (my opinion). did i ask you to come here and attacck me? no, all you had to do is give an answer and back up your thoughts. end of posting.

Option C is just not funny... it's incomplete because you didn't add a punchline (I read it - it's weak). Maybe that's what passes for humour in your neck of the woods, but on this site you're going to have to try a lot harder if you're trying to be funny.

sorry, illl run everything past you. oh, i said this before. sorry mr. school yard bully

One thing I love about cyber-warriors (and this is true of every debate I've ever been in), is that as soon as they run out of valid points, they start making assumptions

i assumed? remember your dig about pects and beer guts? who assumed first. remember you said i wouldn't be game to face you or anyone else. name the place. i'll be there around 12th june. don't assume cos it makes an ASS out of you and ME. didn't you learn this when you were at school. or were you too busy in the school yard picking wings from flies?

Football is not boring... YOU think it's boring

i think this is the name of this journal thread

I didn't make any assumptions - you've posted photos.

School yard bully? Hardly... just being patriotic.

So 12th June.... think carefully about this... you want to meet me face to face and insult my country? You want to repeat the things you've said online in person?

'Ass out of you and me'? Yes, I learnt that in My Big Book of Tired Cliches.

So 12th June.... think carefully about this... you want to meet me face to face and insult my country? You want to repeat the things you've said online in person?

'a*s out of you and me'? Yes, I learnt that in My Big Book of Tired Cliches.

I'll tell you on Cinco de Mayo that Old England sucks!!

(over a jose cuervo of course)

I'll tell you on Cinco de Mayo that Old England sucks!!

(over a jose cuervo of course)

A half-priced Jose Cuervo no less!

perv

so was i

why would i say name the place if i was chicken to meet you? brits (your countrymen) are saying this thing about their own country. have you seen sky news today? see that lady giving gordon brown an earbashing?

ok, so don't assume that i am dumb or scared or fat or anything else.

and as to your comment that no one else is sticking up for me here about this soccer/football thing, i don't need anyone running up to look after me. its only you and stramash doing the flaming. teddy wants to join in but doesn't know how to. ciaranm is after a free beer and he thinks he can get one from you. i will give ciaranm free beer and bushmills or jameson. see who's side he is on now 8)

i will give ciaranm free beer and bushmills or jameson. see who's side he is on now 8)

i'm not on anybody's side ... but a little bit of what appeared to be playful banter seemed to go downhill veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fast !!!

but having seen the offer of free beer .... soccer is boring as f**k and only played by pommie girls !!! :D:D

teddy wants to join in but doesn't know how to.

First off British people making fun of their own country is fine, as is anyone else and their home country. Its banter between people and their home country but they don’t mean it with any venom, whereas you have across different on here.

If you think its ok to join just because they are doing it, would you go up to a group of black people who call each other “nigga†and use that term freely? I don’t think you would.

Secondly you say these people you work with who can afford to live out of the UK. Well, think about it, homeowners here can afford to live out of the UK also. All we have to do is sell up and then that will cover the cost of a house elsewhere (not everywhere, but some places). People stay here because they want to. Its different strokes for different folks. Just like this website, it takes a lot of different people to make it go round.

Thirdly as for your take on football, I liken to my opinion of The Beatles. I personally don’t like them, and think they are overrated, but I think of the millions and millions who have bought and enjoy their records. I don’t think all of those people could be wrong.

Once again, it’s just a case of opinion against opinion.

I was trying to keep it jovial not join in.

This is all I have to say on this already heavily drawn out bore fest of a thread.

Admin……Smite this thread!

First off British people making fun of their own country is fine, as is anyone else and their home country. Its banter between people and their home country but they don’t mean it with any venom, whereas you have across different on here.

If you think its ok to join just because they are doing it, would you go up to a group of black people who call each other “nigga†and use that term freely? I don’t think you would.

sorry for including you like that teddy. just trying to get across to davedavedave that it was only stramash and davedavedave that were doing the flaming.

this is the comment from my scottish mate that really wound me up and its a scot commenting on things that happened in australia hundreds of years ago.

Lovely aboriginals? What you finally appreciate them after years and years of slowly destroying their culture and their dignity? What % of alcoholics and drug addicts are of aboriginal roots? Well done, take a bow, you should be f*cking proud mate.

it was the english governors of the australian states that led the killing and harrassment of the aboriginals. tarring me with the same brush of racist bigots is a hard comment for me to swallow. especially as i have a tiny bit of aboriginal blood in my family heritage. i am of the mindset that the best form of defence is attack.

last nite before going to bed, i did some channel shuffling looking for something boring to put me to sleep. ah ha, soccer (football) on tv, that should do it. but it was highlites of brazilian games from the previous week. i saw a young 18 year old playing for corinthians, i think it was. he's a stricker and wow, he made ronaldo (portugese one) look lame. i think his name was neima or something similar to that. keep an eye out for this guy. i don't know how he'd perform in a league out of brazil, but he looks mighty special.

This banter is getting more boring than watching women's soccer. I'd rather drink lumpy diarrhea with a straw than read more of this babbling.

Please talk about how boring or exciting soccer is or just stay away from this thread completely.

or how about just locking it Rob???

+1