Shooting's too good for 'em!

English_Bob

Question

There have been a few rants recently... Bodai's boss, Rob's wasted afternoon.

I also vent my spleen about assholes on a regular basis (but usually face to face or in the forums!)

The last few days I ran into a handful of people who deliberately pissed me off and almost turned me back to the Dark Side.

So, who pisses you off? No need to name names. Not intended for 'I hate poofs' or 'Can't stand Arabs'... this is about individuals who you want to vent about...

Shooting's too good for 'em...

som nam naa!

I know a place where G+T costs 120 baht. And the Mexican food is awesome. AND the boss can get you into Bed Supperclub too!

And the staff don't ask you for cigarettes! (WTF?)

haha! I know!

You already know we planned to go to the place you're talking about.....(heh)

Will definitely check it out soon (probably next week) I'm seriously intrigued!!

On the other side of the coin...

Last night I took a (hot) "date" to a Thai place & the waitress was looking at me as if she was madly in love!!

When I was placing my order her face was soooo close to mine (& the way she was looking), my "date" was like "I was getting excited, Looked like there was gonna be some girl on girl action there" LMAAOOOO!

It was definitely entertaining. :lol:

som nam naa!

I know a place where G+T costs 120 baht. And the Mexican food is awesome. AND the boss can get you into Bed Supperclub too!

And the staff don't ask you for cigarettes! (WTF?)

Is it Coyote you run?

I had my leaving do at the Hong Kong Branch, was excellent, party was about 30 people and we didnt even have to pre-order. Don't think there was a single mistake with the order and not one complaint (apart from one guy who decided to put the hottest tobasco he could find on his food).

Wrong thread i know but thought i'd share.

Is it Coyote you run?

I had my leaving do at the Hong Kong Branch, was excellent, party was about 30 people and we didnt even have to pre-order. Don't think there was a single mistake with the order and not one complaint (apart from one guy who decided to put the hottest tobasco he could find on his food).

Wrong thread i know but thought i'd share.

No... Coyotes in Thailand don't sell Mexican food.

No... Coyotes in Thailand don't sell Mexican food.

I must admit when i saw the neon lit 'Coyote' sign in Hong Kong it was a bit of an anti-climax when i found out it was a restaurant. It was on Lockhart road after all!

So where is your place?

P.S. The Coyote on Samui sells Mexican food!

As an American ex-pat who has had plenty of good authentic Mexican food, my wife and I found this place below average on taste. Taco Loco's and Sunrise Tacos deliver better tasting food. We don't mind paying the price for good food but this place doesn't live up to it's above average price tag. The Nacho Supreme was bland only containing nachos, cheese and meat. While the ingredients were fresh and of high quality, the taste was just not there. Usually nachos of this caliber should also have lettuce, fresh tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno peppers! Also, they only gave enough salsa for half the order and then charged us 50 baht (nearly 2 USD) for extra salsa to finish the dish! Even the salsa itself is bland so it wasn't helpful in augmenting the taste anyways. The chips and salsa and hard tacos that we also ordered were ok. Edible, but we won't be returning to this restaurant until improvements are made to the food's taste. Maybe we're just not fans of "Tex-Mex" but more fans of authentic Mexican...

As an American ex-pat who has had plenty of good authentic Mexican food, my wife and I found this place below average on taste. Taco Loco's and Sunrise Tacos deliver better tasting food. We don't mind paying the price for good food but this place doesn't live up to it's above average price tag. The Nacho Supreme was bland only containing nachos, cheese and meat. While the ingredients were fresh and of high quality, the taste was just not there. Usually nachos of this caliber should also have lettuce, fresh tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno peppers! Also, they only gave enough salsa for half the order and then charged us 50 baht (nearly 2 USD) for extra salsa to finish the dish! Even the salsa itself is bland so it wasn't helpful in augmenting the taste anyways. The chips and salsa and hard tacos that we also ordered were ok. Edible, but we won't be returning to this restaurant until improvements are made to the food's taste. Maybe we're just not fans of "Tex-Mex" but more fans of authentic Mexican...

Before my time... 2007?

Iain when did you become a Yank....? oh I see you were just yanking TF...go back to yanking yourself ;)

Edited by DANNO

I will have to check this place out the next time I am in Thailand. I am in Singapore most of the time though.

& just to be fair there is a different taste between authentic Mexican food and Tex Mex. Just as there is a difference between Thai food in Thailand and for the most part the tastes of Thai food served in other parts of the world.

IMO food in restaurants no matter what the ethnicity. I find tend to have the tastes of where they are located. Otherwise the locals may not revisit, find it appealing or tasty and not want to eat it again.

How does this happen? Well, your average Joe or Jill goes into the restaurant eats the food and the manager comes out and says how was everything and the customer says so n so dish was great but it wasn't spicy enough or had to much salt etc. This is why good restuarants always at the end of every meal always asks. How was everything? Looking for feedback and really taking it seriously. Also who is in the kitchen? The chef's cooking the food has a lot to do with it as well. What is his or her interpretation of how the food should taste.

I am sure that Coyotes is covering a much needed food niche in Thailand. I have yet to find a good Mexican food joint there. I also have troubles finding a good Italian pizza pie joint as well. Besides PizzaHut of course. Looking at the website and photos the place looks like a lotta fun and seems like it would have a great atmosphere.

I won't say anything much as avoid to boost up the manager's ego... the place were packed last night , luckily we reserved the table.

Thanks Kusuma - on Fridays and Saturdays (and some Tuesdays), I sometimes have to tell people to wait for a table. We've been doing very well for about 18 months now. The soi is turning into a little food paradise - soon there will be a French restaurant, a fish and chip shop and a seafood place.

One thing about restaurants I've found is that sometimes it's quiet for no reason. Occasionally, I'll have a night that seems completely dead. But the night before and the night after are busy. I stopped trying to work out the reason. I only worry about the total for the month - not individual nights.

On topic....

Thai polcemen - Shooting's too good for 'em.

Not all of them. I've got a couple of buddies I can call on for a favour if need be. But like every country, the traffic police are scumbags.

To go to work, I need to use a small sub-soi onto Sukhumvit. That enables me to merge to the 'odd' side of Sukhumvit and get to work. However, that road is closed for repairs. To legally get to the other side of the road, I would have to drive for 45 minutes (or more depending on traffic). I know lots of people commute for 45 minutes, but I'm only talking about from Soi 4 to Soi 11.

I can't turn right out of Soi 4. I can't go to the other side of Sukhumvit from Soi 4. After Soi 1, Sukhumvit is a no through road.

Legally, I need to go via Petchaburi Road/Suk Soi 3 or Rama IV/Asoke... Both of them are HUGE diversions.

But obviously people don't want to do that. And the police know there are hundreds of drivers trying to get from Soi 4 to the 'odd' side and have put up a trap to catch them. Rather than helping them by making a proper diversion or changing the lights at Soi 4, they've turned it into a money-making scheme.

They must be coining in 50k or more per day at that one junction. They're ******* bandits!

Shooting's too good for 'em.

I have another one... I should make a list.

I was riding down my soi today when I saw a very tall ladyboy in a tight red dress about to cross the road ahead. She was accompanied by a fat guy in his mid-thirties. They wandered into the road and the ladyboy realised I was coming down the road. She took two quick steps and skipped out of the way.

The farang guy didn't though. He stopped and raised his hand. He held it out and turned around slowly like he thought he was ******* Magneto or something. A bunch of cars stopped behind me waiting for this guy to amble across the road, but he stood there eyeballing us all.

WTF? Get out the ******* road! A Thai guy once offered me a gun. I turned it down because I know at that moment I'd have been reaching for it.

But shooting's too good for him.