NBA? hoops fans?

zeusbheld

...Kobe couldnt buy a bucket last night.

credit where due, Doc Rivers' defensive schemes. Kobe gets the ball, he gets swarmed. Rivers drew a line in the sand; someone besides Kobe will have to beat the Celtics.

The Celtics have a much better balanced team and a deeper bench.

they match up particularly well against the lakers too.

interesting thing about the deep bench, is Rivers never settled into a rotation, he has used the entire bench throughout most of the playoffs. that flies in the face of conventional wisdom. had the celts flamed out before the finals, he would have been pilloried in the press for that. as it is, he looks like a genius (and mostly would still look pretty damn genius-y even if the celtics somehow collapse, although the collapse would certainly overshadow everything else).

And what about Sam Casells? I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw him on the court and then play so well in game 4. He must be like 40 years old. I had no idea he still played pro ball. good for him. And I guess I dont get to see enough NBA over here.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics.

They played a great season and a great champion well deserved.

Great team work and team defense !!!!!

King

mmm. I thought someone said LA was gonna win CAUSE THEY PLAY DEFENSE. or was that just a bad dream?

Yes, I did say that but apparently the Celtics played it better in the championship series.

There could be many things being adjusted by the Lakers but that didn't happen and the better team won this year.

There is no shame in being the loser. The better team won.

Again, congratulations to the Boston Celtics

King

...Kobe couldnt buy a bucket last night.

credit where due, Doc Rivers' defensive schemes. Kobe gets the ball, he gets swarmed. Rivers drew a line in the sand; someone besides Kobe will have to beat the Celtics.

The Celtics have a much better balanced team and a deeper bench.

they match up particularly well against the lakers too.

interesting thing about the deep bench, is Rivers never settled into a rotation, he has used the entire bench throughout most of the playoffs. that flies in the face of conventional wisdom. had the celts flamed out before the finals, he would have been pilloried in the press for that. as it is, he looks like a genius (and mostly would still look pretty damn genius-y even if the celtics somehow collapse, although the collapse would certainly overshadow everything else).

And what about Sam Casells? I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw him on the court and then play so well in game 4. He must be like 40 years old. I had no idea he still played pro ball. good for him. And I guess I dont get to see enough NBA over here.

he's 38, probably still got a few good years left in him. retire when he's 65 and can collect social security, apparently.

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics.

They played a great season and a great champion well deserved.

Great team work and team defense !!!!!

King

mmm. I thought someone said LA was gonna win CAUSE THEY PLAY DEFENSE. or was that just a bad dream?

Yes, I did say that but apparently the Celtics played it better in the championship series.

There could be many things being adjusted by the Lakers but that didn't happen and the better team won this year.

There is no shame in being the loser. The better team won.

Again, congratulations to the Boston Celtics

King

if you were betting on a team because of defense, there *were* subtle hints that the Celts may have been the better defensive team... such as the fact that they played better defense all year, and were in fact the number 1 defensive team.

KG got his RING!!!

(and a lot of other players did too, but i've been waiting on KG, my favorite player, for a while.

next year expect the lakers to be a lot better, if healthy. Odom will still be erratic and Gasol will still be soft, but Bynum should be healthy. and time and experience help a young team like the lakers. still, i'm hoping the Celts can keep it going, even though the big three are nearly as old as Sam Cassell.

Happy for KG?? Okay that's fine . . . but how about happy for Paul Pierce who has been the mainstay for Boston for many years.

you had to read the non-green part:

KG got his RING!!!

(and a lot of other players did too, but i've been waiting on KG, my favorite player, for a while.

that said, Pierce was hands down the best player in the series and deserved the finals MVP, no question about it. and as you say, he put his time in the woodshed to get there.

It was a great season for all and proves that basketball is a true "Team" sport.

YEP.

my favorite of NBA news lately, though, has more to do with who is NOT going to the NBA this year:

Lawson, Ellington, Green all pulled out of the draft..

Hansbrough coming back for senior year, too.

that means (according to pundits, not just die-hard Tarheel loyaliist/alumni like me) that the Tarheels will almost certainly be going into the season #1, with the expectation being they'll go wire-to-wire #1.

the NCAA tournament is single elimination--anything can happen--but a final-four team returning intact? yikes. glad they're *my* team. right about now, it must SUCK being the other guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Grongratulation to Boston and good luck for next yea rcause LA gonna be huge with the return of Bynum.I cant wait to see the next season starting and see how larry brown gonna use the young roster of the bobcats(the team i cheer for).He is old and maybe old fashion,but he has something to prove to the NBA fan since the New York upset,and i really hope he will succed.

• 1 month later...

Don't you know that I heard through the grapevine that there will be a new champ this year? The Celts won the last year, RIGHTFULLY SO and I was thrilled the East kicked in the west and hope this will keep happening for at least the next ten seasons. Gotta luv the Celts even if it's just the fact they turned my 10 bucks into 60 WHOOHOO! but this year wil bring another Champ a younger one, one who runs fast and will rule supreme in blocked shots AND might I add it's my favourite team, I am of course talking trash about the sixers. I think the sixers will pull it off this year and I'll be putting my 60 bucks on them any day now. I suggest you do the same ....na

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Il liked how the Celtics defense played last night against the Cleveland Cavaliers. The addition of Sheed Wallace fits in nicely too. Hoops fans you out there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yesh all one of us is out here.

didn't see any ball yet coz i haven't got cable yet. i think Radish will prove a good addition; you guys' season will be all about whether your oldies can stay healthy.

not sure at all about this Shaqsqatch to Cleveland deal. Shaq's older than most head coaches at this point, and not nearly as mobile as uh... Grant Hill (37).

speaking of oldies, Spurs made some moves too didn't they.

... and Orlando may have just gotten better. a lot better... with the addition of Vince Carter (for Hedo Turkoglu more or less). it's an ideal setup for Vinnie and he's just what the team needs, gonna be tough to get past them this year.

ok, it's not basketball, but the 'Hoops' is another name for the original Celtic, (Glasgow Celtic) and for once in their miserable lives my crap Scottish team actually played some football and knocked the Hoops out the cup last night at Parkhead. Good times. (Getting beaten in the semi by someone **** - back to bad times)

:)

ok, it's not basketball, but the 'Hoops' is another name for the original Celtic, (Glasgow Celtic) and for once in their miserable lives my crap Scottish team actually played some football and knocked the Hoops out the cup last night at Parkhead. Good times. (Getting beaten in the semi by someone sh*t - back to bad times)

u a f**king jambo ?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

ok, it's not basketball, but the 'Hoops' is another name for the original Celtic, (Glasgow Celtic) and for once in their miserable lives my crap Scottish team actually played some football and knocked the Hoops out the cup last night at Parkhead. Good times. (Getting beaten in the semi by someone sh*t - back to bad times)

u a f**king jambo ?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gooner first. Jambo second. :D

• 1 month later...
Jarrett Jack ties shoes during live play in Saturday's Raptors - Bulls game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Jack-ties-shoelace-during-live-play-Bulls-watch?urn=nba,206950

Bulls just twiddled their thumbs..nobody tried to steal the ball or nothing that was just classic....lol

That's hilarious.. more like something you might see at a Harlem Globetrotters show!! LOL.. hell even on the playground we wouldn't give him the slack do that crap!! D up!! ... on a related topic.. what a bust Jack has been. I used to love watchin him at G-tech. I thought he was gonna be a much better pro.