Are you a Christian?

Deester

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the american Indian spirituality which believes there is spirit in all things and we should respect Nature as it nutures us. Respect the hand that feeds us and the earth we live on.

Also Budhism with its self awareness stuff and the personal responsabilty and karma thing. Together they support the self and the environment. I do believe in Jesus but Christianity is in my opinion a twisted manipulative version of anything he said.........

cos im not religious ..

i dont believe god created us :twisted:

Then who created us?

i am not christian. i was not raised christian either.

i do not believe God created us either. i believe that we are a byproduct of a natural process, for which there is a LOT of physical evidence in the world.

i think it is fair to say that i am an agnostic, as i think it's plausible that God in some sense wrote the rulebook for this natural process.

i think the bible, read as a work of literature of great historical importance, is an interesting book (yeah, i read it).

I do believe in God I know God created us there are so many religions in the world is very hard to doubt.

If evolution were true and we evolved from apes why is it than when you go to the museum you see dinosaur skeletons and no half man half monkey skeletons are they still frozen in the ice? im yet to see one.

I have had some experience with a few religions and looking at some of the religions in the world it's easy to see that they are all different because of mans intervention evolving to suit the religions own benefits.

I guess a lot of people don't have a religion or believe in God because of this.

I really did not want to put this up as religious conversations always seem to end up in some sort of argument.

I could say a lot more but simply yes.

If evolution were true and we evolved from apes why is it than when you go to the museum you see dinosaur skeletons and no half man half monkey skeletons are they still frozen in the ice?

Its nonsense like this..and the medieval clap trap the creationists want to preach that is holding mankind back in the dark ages..

The sooner the world can get over the idea of a ''creator'' and stop arguing over a fairy story the better.....just look at current conflicts and ask yourself what are they arguing about....

BTW....I'm not a Christian..self belief is all you need...

Note: I don't group Bhuddism or Hinduism or Daoism in with the Judeo/Christian/Islamic claptrap...

If evolution were true and we evolved from apes why is it than when you go to the museum you see dinosaur skeletons and no half man half monkey skeletons are they still frozen in the ice? im yet to see one.

congratulations on raising the single stupidest argument against evolution i've ever seen. i can't believe you can sit there and type that without anticipating being laughed at.

but feel free to spew nonsense about something you know nothing about and pull "facts" out of your ass, it's standard procedure here on TF. :roll:

i'm a non-practising catholic

and i'm interested in the sociological and historical role of religion in our societies

by the way,with more than 29 000 members, can TF be considered as a new religion (or a sect) ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

non practicing cathoic , is that a confession :P

If evolution were true and we evolved from apes why is it than when you go to the museum you see dinosaur skeletons and no half man half monkey skeletons are they still frozen in the ice?

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Apparently, this guy's never been to a TF Party! There he can see half-man/half-monkeys drinking beer... ;)

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Apparently, this guy's never been to a TF Party! There he can see half-man/half-monkeys drinking beer... ;)

Don't talk about the girls like that.