All about f#ck!!!

The Punisher

Since we today we have already talked about the versatility of the Thai word 'kee' (respect bcool!), I thought I would return the favour to all you Thai learners of English, and enlighten you in some of the many meanings of the word '****'.

Now I won't bore you you with the history of the word ****, I will leave that to those with more time on their hands than I. The word **** however, if used correctly, and in appropriate company (grandmothers are always inappropriate company for example), can add colour and variety to otherwise lifeless language and prose. There are many more examples otther than those below, but I have listed the most common ones. And so let us begin...

**** off = go away (no 'please')

**** you = expresses strong displeasure with an individual.

**** up (1) = mistake.

**** up (2) = shut up.

**** that = I am not doing that.

What the ****? = expresses surprise or shock.

******* hell = expresses surprise or shock.

**** me (1) = also expresses suprise or shock.

**** me (2) = literally, **** me.

**** yes = definately.

**** no = definately not.

**** all = very little/ not a lot

f**ked in the head = completely crazy.

**** it = what the heck, I'll do it.

f**ked on = treated badly e.g. he has been f**ked on by his friends.

f**ked over = ripped off or cheated.

I don't give a **** = I don't care.

I'm f**ked (1) = very drunk/stoned/wasted.

I'm f**ked (2) = in a lot of trouble.

In the above examples you can change the pronoun depending on who you are describing (e.g. He's f**ked, They're f**ked, We're all f**ked etc).

Where there are 2 usages, context is also very important. For example, exclaiming '**** me' out of surpise when accidentally spilling a drink on yourself in a bar playing YMCA that is frequented by men in fish-net singlets may actually result in an all together different outcome than that desired.

Moving on to the word '*******'. This '-ing' form of the word **** is used before many adjectives and serves as a more expressive version of the adverb 'very'. As so...

'**** me, it's ******* hot today' = 'Wow, it is very hot today'

Other examples include, but are by no means limited to...

******* fat

******* ugly (often abbreviated as 'fugly')

******* awful

******* fast

******* rich

******* excellent

As you can see, the word **** is much more than a common 4 letter obscenity; it is a word rich with meaning and passion.

As always, so that you get the most out of what you learnt here today, I recommend that you start using your new language skills as soon and as often as possible. However in this case discretion is advised, as incorrect usage could result in loss of friends, income, law suits, or large hospital bills.

I hope you enjoyed today's lesson. If you didn't, well I don't give a....

I think that word gets used enough here by girls and I dont think it needs to be encouraged, especially when it comes to learning a new language.

I know enough Thai to get though everyday life in BKK, and I hope to be fluent someday in the future, but I've never even asked what the swear words are in Thai. I dont see any need to curse in a second language.

I was going to post this as seperate topic, but I'll use this time to address it now.

I was kinda freaked out with the use of curse words around some of the girls i met at an event.One in my party, was by no means fluent in english, but used F*** as an adjective for almost anything in sight.By no means am I a prude.I was a Teamster for almost 6 years, hearing curses was as normal as breathing air.I've just been taken aback by how often I hear it, see it written profiles, testimonals..etc.Example;

'Hey girl...where u F'in been..ive been so f'in busy lately...studying f'in sux...yaddi yaddi...

And this is not a gender issue.If I hear a guy say it in a locker room...5 x before he has even anything to say, it speaks volumes.

Just think if I spoke the same way in Thai.Not knowing me, how classy would I appear to you?

f*ck off = go away (no 'please')

f*ck you = expresses strong displeasure with an individual.

f*ck up (1) = mistake.

f*ck up (2) = shut up.

f*ck that = I am not doing that.

What the f*ck? = expresses surprise or shock.

f*cking hell = expresses surprise or shock.

f*ck me (1) = also expresses suprise or shock.

f*ck me (2) = literally, f*ck me.

f*ck yes = definately.

f*ck no = definately not.

f*ck all = very little/ not a lot

f*ck it = what the heck, I'll do it.

I don't give a f*ck = I don't care.

'f*ck me, it's f*cking hot today' = 'Wow, it is very hot today'

f*cking fat

f*cking ugly (often abbreviated as 'fugly')

f*cking awful

f*cking fast

f*cking rich

f*cking excellent

Wahhh.... I got many fcuk today, might be good day for me. :roll:

Great f*cking summary punisher.

Really not too many differences between Brit and American usage either when I look at it. I guess Americans wouldn't say "f*ck all".

You should consider posting this on Wikipedia.

actually "f*ck all" is part of my daily vocabulary. an example would be "so you know f*ck all about americans", right? :wink:

Great f*cking summary punisher.

Really not too many differences between Brit and American usage either when I look at it. I guess Americans wouldn't say "f*ck all".

You should consider posting this on Wikipedia.

Hmmm, you can actually post your own stuff there? Interesting.

Some fucker will probably steal it within a day or two anyway and claim it as his/her own.

If used excessively, I?d say it loses it effect.

But for every rule there is an exception

Anyone old enough to remember, or with a strange sense of humour, might enjoy listening to these albums from Derek and Clive (Dudley Moore and Peter Cook)

On second thoughts, as this is the English Speaking Forum, I?ll post the links in a Journal.

It is certainly not intended as a guide to the English language!

I give you fair warning, the swearing is excessive in parts even by today?s standards and full of political incorrectness but in my opinion, comic genius

I think that word gets used enough here by girls and I dont think it needs to be encouraged, especially when it comes to learning a new language.

I know enough Thai to get though everyday life in BKK, and I hope to be fluent someday in the future, but I've never even asked what the swear words are in Thai. I dont see any need to curse in a second language.

I was going to post this as seperate topic, but I'll use this time to address it now.

I was kinda freaked out with the use of curse words around some of the girls i met at an event.One in my party, was by no means fluent in english, but used F*** as an adjective for almost anything in sight.By no means am I a prude.I was a Teamster for almost 6 years, hearing curses was as normal as breathing air.I've just been taken aback by how often I hear it, see it written profiles, testimonals..etc.Example;

'Hey girl...where u F'in been..ive been so f'in busy lately...studying f'in sux...yaddi yaddi...

And this is not a gender issue.If I hear a guy say it in a locker room...5 x before he has even anything to say, it speaks volumes.

Just think if I spoke the same way in Thai.Not knowing me, how classy would I appear to you?

Exactly! u shouldnt learn swear words before you became good in second language.. but I've already learnt these all now... :lol: (blame thePunisher pls.)

when my auntie, uncle and cousin Sonja were here, could be my fault or Thai TV or anyone that we say "arai wah" very often and so Sonja has learnt, remembered and started saying "arai wah" a lot, I dont think it's cute.

I couldn't really describe why she shouldn't but I tried. Luckily, she knows when she should say that and she said it only when we 4 were together, never said that word with our uncles, aunties....

but Sonja said that i also say "oh sh!t" too.. her turn! pffffhh

Since we today we have already talked about the versatility of the Thai word 'kee' (respect bcool!), I thought I would return the favour to all you Thai learners of English, and enlighten you in some of the many meanings of the word 'f*ck'.

Now I won't bore you you with the history of the word f*ck, I will leave that to those with more time on their hands than I. The word f*ck however, if used correctly, and in appropriate company (grandmothers are always inappropriate company for example), can add colour and variety to otherwise lifeless language and prose. There are many more examples otther than those below, but I have listed the most common ones. And so let us begin...

f*ck off = go away (no 'please')

f*ck you = expresses strong displeasure with an individual.

f*ck up (1) = mistake.

f*ck up (2) = shut up.

f*ck that = I am not doing that.

What the f*ck? = expresses surprise or shock.

f*cking hell = expresses surprise or shock.

f*ck me (1) = also expresses suprise or shock.

f*ck me (2) = literally, f*ck me.

f*ck yes = definately.

f*ck no = definately not.

f*ck all = very little/ not a lot

f*ck it = what the heck, I'll do it.

I don't give a f*ck = I don't care.

In the above examples you can change the pronoun depending on who you are describing (e.g. He's f**ked, They're f**ked, We're all f**ked etc).

Where there are 2 usages, context is also very important. For example, exclaiming 'f*ck me' out of surpise when accidentally spilling a drink on yourself in a bar playing YMCA that is frequented by men in fish-net singlets may actually result in an all together different outcome than that desired.

Moving on to the word 'f*cking'. This '-ing' form of the word f*ck is used before many adjectives and serves as a more expressive version of the adverb 'very'. As so...

'f*ck me, it's f*cking hot today' = 'Wow, it is very hot today'

f*cking fat

f*cking ugly (often abbreviated as 'fugly')

f*cking awful

f*cking fast

f*cking rich

f*cking excellent

As you can see, the word f*ck is much more than a common 4 letter obscenity; it is a word rich with meaning and passion.

As always, so that you get the most out of what you learnt here today, I recommend that you start using your new language skills as soon and as often as possible. However in this case discretion is advised, as incorrect usage could result in loss of friends, income, law suits, or large hospital bills.

I hope you enjoyed today's lesson. If you didn't, well I don't give a....

Yup. All valid. :) You forgot some classics though -

F#ck me dead - expression of disbelief

F#ck me/you backwards/sideways/down - to inflict pysical harm

F#ck my old boots - to express surprise

One of my favourite usages is when it's used as the first word in a sentance to get the attention of listeners eg - 'f#ckin' ... you never guess what!?'

Of course, I never swear - I think it's vulgar. I just hear this stuff.