Would you marry an (ex) prostitute?

R.Win

At the end of the day we all want to shag a pretty girl. Some of us don't do it because she's a hooker and there's no emotional connection. Some don't want to pay, they get plenty anyway. Some shag and pay them happily, never looking back. Business is business.

Some shag them but need a 'noble cause' to justify their actions to themselves.

IMO the last group has the potential for greatest damage.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i see is people reacting to those not just saying they would not but adding some hacks at the girls for working. No matter what we say here a cute girl can get a husband. She can always not tell him what she did if honesty doesn't work for her. The double standard one way or the other will always be there.

I think there is much confusion in this thread because we weren't able even to define what prostitution was. Also I don't know whether we may consider prostitution as any other regular job. I don't think so but some may disagree.

A girl may work as a prostitute and consider it her profession and she may feel it is OK to do so. On the other hand it may be the only way for her to support her family. Then again girl may be forced into prostitution by any form of coercion or enslavement. Also there seems to be Thai curiosity that some girls join profession in order to find farang husband (it sounds odd but I think somebody mentioned it). There are probably many other reasons, just too many to be discussed.

And finally there are ex-prostitutes. Some may be hiding what they were doing not because they mind it but because they are hiding it before their husbands. Others may deeply regret what they were doing.

From my perspective they all don't seem as ideal group to find a wife. Girls who used to be prostitutes but regret that and are willing to admit their past to theit partner are in my opinion no more ex-prostitutes - they have changed and moved forward (but I wonder how many people like this are there). On the other hand those who are hiding it are the worst possible option. They may be pretty as you mention but they are like that only on the outside. Then there are girls who take prostitution as their profession so they are generally OK and somebody may find them a good match, but to me it feels like too much baggage. And finally there are many women who are in this business because they were coerced and I think we all feel that they should be set free and helped somehow. Somebody may feel that marrying such girl is a great gift to her but I disagree - I feel that is an egoistic and selfish point of view. Marriage is union of two equal persons, not relation between self-conceited man who gives money for sex to a woman that is deeply hurt.

no one seems confused about what a prostitute is just some were hacking hard on the ones that are as far as them retiring and being worthy of marraige. It is up to the idividual in that case...........

There's no such thing as a EX - hooker. Once the damage is done, it's permanent. Everyone must have heard this old saying

" You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl "

Friends yes, GF or wife, no way. Tried it 2x as a GF, against all odds they failed. Go figure.

that is such bullshit. just cause you failed doesn;t make it a rule for the rest of us :roll:

Go and marry a hooker then fly boy

I'm incredibly far from being a prude

lies. you got all shy when i told ordered to put on the bunny suit. to your credit you did look cute in it though.

Having seen many return to the bar for no other reason than they feel unaccepted when their new Knight thrusts them into a "real" job and/or they miss their comfort zone or the "multiple" cases of love, affection and finance I'm one of those that believe you cannot take the bar out of the girl.

Last week I watched a newly wed head straight back to the bar to show her wedding photos to her friendship pod. The other girls tried to set her up with one of her old flings. She was obviously keeping her options open. This scenario is all too common.

yet the white knights tilt on, clinging to the long odds that now and then one *might* turn out differently.

Having seen many return to the bar for no other reason than they feel unaccepted when their new Knight thrusts them into a "real" job and/or they miss their comfort zone or the "multiple" cases of love, affection and finance I'm one of those that believe you cannot take the bar out of the girl.

Last week I watched a newly wed head straight back to the bar to show her wedding photos to her friendship pod. The other girls tried to set her up with one of her old flings. She was obviously keeping her options open. This scenario is all too common.

yet the white knights tilt on, clinging to the long odds that now and then one *might* turn out differently.

i think "some" might turn out differently, but not very many.

when u think of the divorce rate among ppl from their own race and cultures, it doesn't bode well for a marriage to an ex-hooker from a completely different race and culture. it's a real long shot and not one that i'd be tempted to ever back !!!

when u think of the divorce rate among ppl from their own race and cultures, it doesn't bode well for a marriage to an ex-hooker from a completely different race and culture.

Good point. Still while I agree that hooker from a different race does not garantee a successful marriage, I don't think it applies to race.

when u think of the divorce rate among ppl from their own race and cultures, it doesn't bode well for a marriage to an ex-hooker from a completely different race and culture.

Good point. Still while I agree that hooker from a different race does not garantee a successful marriage, I don't think it applies to race.

it might not apply to race .... but it certainly doesn't make the chances of it being successful any better !!

when u think of the divorce rate among ppl from their own race and cultures, it doesn't bode well for a marriage to an ex-hooker from a completely different race and culture. it's a real long shot and not one that i'd be tempted to ever back !!!

when you consider how bad the odds are marrying someone you have a lot in common with culturally....

well, i'd like to see some comparative stats on marrying hookers that's all. for example, stats on US citizens marrying US hookers vs US citizens marrying Thai or, say, Ukranian hookers.

taht way them that intend to marry hookers can choose more carefullly...

when you consider how bad the odds are marrying someone you have a lot in common with culturally....

well, i'd like to see some comparative stats on marrying hookers that's all. for example, stats on US citizens marrying US hookers vs US citizens marrying Thai or, say, Ukranian hookers.

i just hope those guys appreciate all that we r doing for them !!!

i just hope those guys appreciate all that we r doing for them !!!

wasn't volunteering to compile those stats. the sort of guys who would take that risk would be unlikely to be influenced by nuisances like poor odds or anything else relating to reality...

I dont mean to split hairs 'admin' but it seems that prostution is actually a 'job'. A 'service' is just a type of job.

JOB ? noun

a piece of work, esp. a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price.

JOB  - 1557, in phrase jobbe of worke "piece of work" (contrasted with continuous labor), perhaps a variant of gobbe "mass, lump" (c.1400, see gob). Sense of "work done for pay" first recorded 1660. Slang meaning "specimen, thing, person" is from 1927. The verb is attested from 1670. On the job "hard at work" is from 1882. Jobber "one who does odd jobs" is from 1706. Job lot is from obsolete sense of "cartload, lump," which may also be ult. from gob.

1. If we are talking glogally, then prostitution has been around since before biblical times. I am sure there is much evidence of successful marriages to ex-hookers over the past couple of thousand years.

2. If we are talking about a man looking to find a wife or a life partner, then it makes logical sense that he would need to find someone he could wholly trust with his life, his future and everything in it. The degree to which they can trust each other is one of the foundations for the success and longevity of their relationship.

3. Prostitution usually relies heavily on illusion, fantasy and deception (also on the part of the man - his fantasies, delusions, needs etc) for it to be a successful transaction.

4. It also makes logical sense that if looking for a competely trustworthy wife or life partner, prostitutes (or ex-prostitutes) would NOT be high on the list of likely people from which to find such a person. Neither would pychiatric wards, high security prisons or drug rehab centres. This is not to say its not possible to find a trustworthy soul there. It just lowers the odds considerably.

5. Successful marriages and partnerships usually require shared values and interests. Most protitutes need to discard or twist many important life values in order to do or maintain their job with any success.

6. I do personally know a few cases of successsful marriages (of more than 10 years) with an ex-hooker, both on Thailand and in Western countries. But in my experience they are rare cases. Very rare.

7. Even if the marriage or partnership is a success in the beginning, they are not going to live in isolation. This would mean that the people around them - friends, family, their children, work associates, neighbours and society in general would play a part in, and have some influence on the relationship. This poses more problems in itself and lowers the odds even more of it being a success and lasting.

8. For someone to say they would marry an ex-prostitute would need to take the above (and more) into consideration. If they still wanted to go ahead and choose to ignore the far greater pool of likely brides available to them, then I would question their sanity or intelligence.

I'm not a virgin. I've had lots and lots of sex with many partners sometimes more than one at a time. Should I expect the same indictment just coz I didn't get paid for it?

i want my money back ... u told me u were a virgin !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

So that was YOUR 20 baht lying on the side in the morning?

geeezzz ... u had another customer .... mine was the 10 baht coin ... and i'm still waiting for my change !!!

Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light

Those days are over

You don't have to sell your body to the night

Roxanne, you don't have to wear that dress tonight

Walk the streets for money

You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Put on the red light, put on the red light

Put on the red light, oh

I loved you since I knew ya

I wouldn't talk down to ya

I have to tell you just how I feel

I won't share you with another boy

I know my mind is made up

So put away your make up

Told you once I won't tell you again it's a bad way

You don't have to put on the red light

....I think somebody is holding out on us here, well mister Sting? Don't pretend you've got anything better to do than reading the topics here

:roll: :roll:

Apart from the risk of HIV I remain unconcerned by how many partners a woman has had. I have a problem with common ground (other than we're not virgins) and trust and how much of what WE would have would be real

You've mentioned medical history and HIV. I'm not endorsing marrying an ex-prostitute or not, but as far as this aspect of it goes, it's not exactly a secret that there are very reliable tests for this, and there have been for many years now.

If a person goes through the proper series of tests, they can be certain whether they are infected or not. (A proper series means retesting to eliminate false negatives or positives) So if the prospective ex-prostitute fiancee has done this and tested negative, this isn't a real concern.

Apart from the risk of HIV I remain unconcerned by how many partners a woman has had. I have a problem with common ground (other than we're not virgins) and trust and how much of what WE would have would be real

You've mentioned medical history and HIV. I'm not endorsing marrying an ex-prostitute or not, but as far as this aspect of it goes, it's not exactly a secret that there are very reliable tests for this, and there have been for many years now.

If a person goes through the proper series of tests, they can be certain whether they are infected or not. (A proper series means retesting to eliminate false negatives or positives) So if the prospective ex-prostitute fiancee has done this and tested negative, this isn't a real concern.

it's only a real concern if she's still working at the time you pop the question.