EURO 2008

CiaranM

if you told me before the tournament that you'd seen the future, and SPAIN would survive a shootout with italy, i doubt i'd have believed it. however, in retrospect it makes some sense--they're well suited to PKs, with Casillas and a bunch of finishers.

as shootouts go this was a fun one--italy players can put away a penalty, and IMO Buffon and Casillas are the two best goalies in the world right now.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, no thread about Euro 2008 *Hangs head in shame* ....

Euro2008 without England is like,

Bread without butter...Tea without milk...fish without chips...

It simply is NOT the same.... :cry:

OK, being a Liverpool fan, there is only one way I'm going to vote....Spain.

Spain_flag_large.png

They are my team for the finals, always under-achieve at all the major competitions....not this year.... :D

:D

Spain vs Russia.

I cant say about who will play the final: Turkey-Spain?

Spain won with good luck and very good goalkeeper: Casillas...

England will be happy; Fabregas played very, very good, and The Kid Torres were OK....

If some spanish football men play in the Premier...the premier will be the best league of the world...

It is very good for football that Spain plays semi-finals...It is a good show...

And dont forget: Spain is England this Eurocup.

Spain then! bye bye Italy!

I think Russia will beat Spain, so probably Spain will win that game, because I am not the good one in predicting nowadays

salient detail:

after this championship, do you know what will be the first opponent for Holland in the World Championship qualifications?

?

?

?

Russia!!!!

agree that france have the talent to perform much better, but they have Domenech, France's answer to Steve McLaren. there have also been rumors for quite some time that the players don't get along with each other. next manager (Domenech WILL be fired) should do some house cleaning and emphasize younger talent. and the best back four that are available, regardless of personality. if they're dipshits and can't get along, well... France just need a manager who will beat them mercilessly, until they learn to behave like human beings who happen to be part of a team (as opposed to 11 guys running around hoping for a photo op).

Italy won over France but that match was nothing exciting... To me Italy didnt show their best yet... I have seen they played better. So no surprise that they lost to Spain first time in 40 years (I heard it was since 1966 but pls correct me if Im wrong)! Even though lost in penalty..

Now I started thinking how come Croatia missed again and again in penalty.. unbelieveable!!! We will see if Turkey can beat German!

I go back to sleep now... hang over hang over!!!

Italy won over France but that match was nothing exciting... To me Italy didnt show their best yet... I have seen they played better. So no surprise that they lost to Spain first time in 40 years (I heard it was since 1966 but pls correct me if Im wrong)! Even though lost in penalty..

Now I started thinking how come Croatia missed again and again in penalty.. unbelieveable!!! We will see if Turkey can beat German!

It was more than 84 yrs ago Spain could win a match against Italy in an official match. Here they said the last won from Italy in 1924 in Antwerp, Belgium.

Russia-Spain was the most boring game I have seen yet in this euro.

Good thing is that you could do many thing at the same time, not had to fear that something would happen :)

I took the time to dream about a great Cyprus - San Marino game :D ...which helped me to be patient enough to see the match until the end.

I heard on TV yesterday that Spain didn't beat Italy in an official game in the last 88 years.

Glad for them they did it, at least they tried to play !

Gonna be an exciting Russia - Spain :)

It was more than 84 yrs ago Spain could win a match against Italy in an official match. Here they said the last won from Italy in 1924 in Antwerp, Belgium.

84 years.... thats a very long time ago...

Good morning,

so I am supposed to have mega Panda eyes due to watching football a n d drinking every night for more than two weeks now :lol:

But what the heck. There are only two more matches and first of all we will see off Turkey. Among the last four teams they might have shown the best fighting spirit, but the worst football. In addition good luck is like a diamond - rare - and they have used it all up in the last matches. It takes more than just luck to beat us.

We are hoping that it will be a peaceful football party no matter how the result will be. We all hope that the turkish people in Germany will keep djai jen jen (although they are djai ron maak maak by nature) and practise graeng djai. After all it is only football. Leave em knives and bats back home when you go out..

Good morning,

so I am supposed to have mega Panda eyes due to watching football a n d drinking every night for more than two weeks now :lol:

But what the heck. There are only two more matches and first of all we will see off Turkey. Among the last four teams they might have shown the best fighting spirit, but the worst football. In addition good luck is like a diamond - rare - and they have used it all up in the last matches. It takes more than just luck to beat us.

We are hoping that it will be a peaceful football party no matter how the result will be. We all hope that the turkish people in Germany will keep djai jen jen (although they are djai ron maak maak by nature) and practise graeng djai. After all it is only football. Leave em knives and bats back home when you go out..

In Holland we always say; Soccer is played with 22 players and in the end Germany wins. That is probably what's going to happen in the two remaining matches, but again... I would like to see Turkey move on the finals and AGAIN no offense ;) It's just that Germany has won the cup 3 times already and it's getting dull :)

Good morning,

Because of course it is never the case that Turkish people are attacked/stabbed/firebombed/killed by Germans!!! :twisted:

Watched the game between Russia vs Nederland, Russia did pretty okay though. Also watched Italy vs Spain last night, such a waste of time really!!

There is a chance that Germany is going to win, but who knows eh?!?!

I hope Spain wins this time. It's the only team overleft who plays with fantasy and creativity. All the others are just what I call work football, very athletic but no nice ball touch. I'd would still make an exception for Russia, strong and sometimes flashes that made you wonder.