EURO 2008

CiaranM

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning,

so I am supposed to have mega Panda eyes due to watching football a n d drinking every night for more than two weeks now :lol:

But what the heck. There are only two more matches and first of all we will see off Turkey. Among the last four teams they might have shown the best fighting spirit, but the worst football. In addition good luck is like a diamond - rare - and they have used it all up in the last matches. It takes more than just luck to beat us.

We are hoping that it will be a peaceful football party no matter how the result will be. We all hope that the turkish people in Germany will keep djai jen jen (although they are djai ron maak maak by nature) and practise graeng djai. After all it is only football. Leave em knives and bats back home when you go out..

Because of course it is never the case that Turkish people are attacked/stabbed/firebombed/killed by Germans!!! :twisted:

You are a constant reader of "The Sun" arent you ? Sorry mate, but I am living here and I have to deal with the very sources and I know what I am writing about. What about you ??

You should have a look at the criminal statistics and realize who is committing what crime and then we might talk about it again. If you have carefully followed the crimes in the last few months and what cruel cases committed by young turks are right at the court at the moment you would not write such a trash !

I have expressed that most of the people I know will stay and watch the match at home in order not to get into trouble.

And I remember very well Italy 1990 when british fans stabbed a german supporter after England - Germany..I have been there . It wasnt vice versa...

well looks like lehman saw casillas' neat little kick saved and tried to copy it... and failed. a bit lucky, but the shot that caused the rebound deserved better than the crossbar so it evens out.

turkey look very attack-minded, compared to sitting back against croatia. no doubt they have enough sense to NOT want to face germany in PKs.

well right now picture's out. so i'm looking at a) the espn live gamecast (stats and commentary) and some guys yammering in thai in front of HP computers.

apparently tech difficulties on the broadcast end as the espn guy was complaining about it.

from what i've seen turkey have been the better side. didn't see germany's second goal but according to the commentator, howling mistake by the keeper. not surprising, with the first choice keeper suspended (still).

picture came back right *after* turkey's equalizer so i didn't get a look at that either. germany look very wobbly in the back this game, but lethal in the attack, he types as they score their third goal.

incidentally i'm not supporting (or against) any of the remaining teams, just expecting to enjoy some interesting football. IMO it's been an exciting tournament so far. very complete, as if all the teams that SHOULD be there, qualified...

oh, and right after the goal, tv's out again.

Yea ironic isnt it... The 1st matcxh we clearly play better than opponents and thats the one we lose. Oh well... such is football. Goalie mistake in 2nd goal and our defender just falls down out of nowhere on 3rd. Congrats germany. You'd better play better than that if you wanna beat Spain or an in-form Russia...

It seemed like a bad copy of the match vs. Croatia and the german team does not seem to like when there is a chain of four players attacking us in our half. It hasnt been a good match - correct. Turkey has played far beyond all expectations.

But we have beaten Turkey following the old Lineker saying, which I have mentioned before - football is a simple game, where 22 players.....and in the end Germany wins. And we have exactly done what the Turkish team was famous for - a goal in the very last minute :wink:

Yea ironic isnt it... The 1st matcxh we clearly play better than opponents and thats the one we lose. Oh well... such is football. Goalie mistake in 2nd goal and our defender just falls down out of nowhere on 3rd. Congrats germany. You'd better play better than that if you wanna beat Spain or an in-form Russia...

would almost be easy to believe turkey have to be the 2nd best team on the pitch to win :wink:

i think the suspension of their best keeper, volkan, is what cost them the game. germany might have won anyway, and volkan might have made mistakes too, but odds are he wouldn't have spotted them a freebie goal like the klose goal (apparently) was.

yeah the technical problem was worldwide lol...

So it's 3-2

Well, so the team which plays the better... loses... hate these kinda matches lol.

Hope Russia will win Euro :P

you have always been wrong with your predictions, remember ?

i'm also interested to see what Croatia can do. they're my pick for dark horse. the winner will probably be Germany, with Italy the eternal tournament pest having the next best shot IMO.

i shoulda picked turkey for dark horse...

i could still end up looking pretty good though. given the way Germany looked tonight, i'm not necessarily holding my breath, though.

yeah the technical problem was worldwide lol...

So it's 3-2

Well, so the team which plays the better... loses... hate these kinda matches lol.

Hope Russia will win Euro :P

you have always been wrong with your predictions, remember ?

What's that supposed to mean ? i'm not predicting, i'm hoping.

And don't tell me Germany played better than Turkey tonight..... :roll:

No, I wont tell you anything, because you just wont listen to anybody here and because you have shown a strange opinion throughout the entire tournament. How many times did the turks play worse and won in the end ?

Needless to mention that it was a clear penalty and that Semih should have red carded..but I guess you are blind on this one eye...

yeah right, you say blabla when i say there was a hand by the dutch vs France etc... you all were blind too. so now don't cry for a penalty which isn;t one.

the foul was committed out of the box on Lahm, and yes there was a foul, my guess is the referee didn't whistle cause he couldn't see if it was in or out of the box.

By the way, i'm not having a strange opinion, i'm just not on the english/german/dutch side like a big half of people here

Haha, how blind are you - a foul on the line is a penalty, you bad loser

TV commentators said it's OUT

OK, I dont hear any commentators :cry:

And now the "German" Kicker say also it was out :!:

I believe :!: :!:

But from my view it was IN :!: :!:

And I am not the German group here :!: :!:

But what kind of group you are :?: :?:

in the last 2 weeks I only have seen that you write sometings AND every time you get some negatives back :!:

You the only right people here, that I know now for sure :wink: :wink:

Have fun with the last 2 games :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers

Andy

yeah i got negatives back cause i supported Greece :oops: :lol: and tried to make excuses (i admit) for a helluva-badly coached / tired from the season / wrong players selected.. french team :lol:

as well sorry if sometimes it's harsh fight (but it was from both sides), but it's reality i'm like one of the rare latins on this site facing many many anglo-saxons (this is what i mean by the english/german/dutch group of people and you can see it well on this thread, the teams which are supported etc...)

And yeah, this site is a reflect of bangkok nowdays, there IS many of them in Bangkok, which even get thai girls to think farang = english / americans / germans /dutch... and they love you all ;)

i would almost not be a farang if i'm latin culture. well i'm out of topic here :D

As for my wish about russia team, it's just coz i have to make a choice among those left (well i can actually just watch as neutral too), and i like Guus Hiddink, and the teamplay he developps in the teams he goes by. Good to watch :D

MAN! shut the **** up! How stupid is you? Nobody is against you because you are not white, you being mediterranean got **** to do with the reactions you get. You're just a little girl who wants to be a minority, you think it makes you look cool. Why don't you pick up your profile and move from this site to something like www.littlebitches.com sites like that would be a much better place for you. You're just a retard, a big one BUT still a little ***** as well.

yep... please stop whining gregos... you're kinda annoying.

in many of your posts you argue like a kid would do...

Anyway... kinda funny... the first time turkey outclass his oppenent... but lost the match.

btw.... SCHLAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD ;-)

looking forward to a germany - spain final

yeah i got negatives back cause i supported Greece :oops: :lol:and tried to make excuses (i admit) for a helluva-badly coached / tired from the season / wrong players selected.. french team :lol:

IMO was more the bolded part that 'got negatives back'. not the french part... or the greek part.... or persecution by the dutch and/or german mafia...

As for my wish about russia team, it's just coz i have to make a choice among those left (well i can actually just watch as neutral too), and i like Guus Hiddink, and the teamplay he developps in the teams he goes by. Good to watch :D

the next two matches should be fun to watch. russia are skillful and attack minded, and they won't dare sit back and wait for PKs, after spain pummeled the italians at their own game, the PK shootout. (my favorite part of the tournament, really. italy usually piss me off coz they play such negative, ugly football. i kinda admire 'em for it in a way, though. materazzi's trash talking zidane into disgrace was a masterpiece).

spain and germany are both attack-minded teams, prone to lapses in the back. and both are lethal in PKs. casillas is amazing but if the back line screw up he may be caught out and scored against through no fault of his own. Akfineev's a pretty strong keeper in his own right though.

i'd really like russia to do it. i like hiddink (or admire him, anyway, i hear he's an arrogant prick) and i'm a big fan of Arshavin and and a bit of a fan of Akfineev.... but i guess i'll stick with my germany to win pick since that's what i said at the start of the tournament...

although correctly picking germany to win a euro tournament hardly makes one a genius pundit, does it.

for pre-tournament picks, of the people still in it: if i get it right, i'm not too stupid.

if dannyboy gets it right, and spain win: he's pretty clever.

if marty gets it right and russia win, he's a freakin' genius (as opposed to merely a freakin' mancunian).

My decent booze, Gregos, will be on Sunday. At the moment I am not sure what to buy- a bottle of Stolicnaya wodka or my favourite Barrique Don Fadrique red wine ? Or should I have some white beer, dunno yet.

As far as I have read from the press it has been a rather peaceful night. There have been fights and smaller riots in Dresden and Chemnitz cause by some neo nazis. 20 people rampaged a Kebab shop, another shop was damaged.

In Hannover 20 neo nazis have been arrested for chanting nazi paroles in the streets.

But on the other hand more than half a million people have been peacefully watching the match in Berlin without any incident. Football doesnt divide, it unites people.

We stumbled unexpectedly vs. Croatia, we were fighting when we were supposed to play brillantly vs Austria, we were playing great footie when we were supposed to fight vs Portugal. So the team never did what we all expected..same yesterday, not nice to watch, but thrilling.

At least the goals have been nicely scored. After this tournament I know why they sacked Lehmann in England. You can never, ever compare him to former goalie Kahn. Kahn had a body language, Lehmann looked like a wimp again. The final will be his last match for Germany. Hopefully...

Chapeau bas Turkey. For almost a decade they have managed to keep the team performance on a high level and they have earned every respect.