EURO 2008

CiaranM

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England (Sorry, Spain) 4 - Russia 1

Uhmm...that guy, Villa is a awesome player. Good for the spanish mark of Liverpool and Chelsea...the problem will be quarter (Holland, Italia of France)...the english guy (sorry again, the spanyards ) wish France. Holland played INCREDIBLE...

Greece, very poor...Uhmm....Now I'll bet for Portugal...Holland and the always dangerous Germany.

you guys are firing up too fast, it's just the 1st round, a team can get better bit by bit to kick ass at the end of the tourny, and it's usually better than taking a too great start and then losing it..

See how France did at last world cup, after some messy group matches everyone said Spain will beat them in 1/8th final and offer his jubilee to zidane, but it's France who kicked Spain, then kick Brasil !!! Portugal, and finally draw with Italy and lose it on penalties, in the final of the world cup. Final.. But everyone said they were crappy at first.

Can be same for any team actually, with a good mental and volunteer to work together.

Anyway... after the "first day" I keep one's fingers crossed for Portugal, Holland and certainly Germany. I really enjoy the way they use to play at the moment.

you guys are firing up too fast, it's just the 1st round, a team can get better bit by bit to kick ass at the end of the tourny, and it's usually better than taking a too great start and then losing it..

See how France did at last world cup, after some messy group matches everyone said Spain will beat them in 1/8th final and offer his jubilee to zidane, but it's France who kicked Spain, then kick Brasil !!! Portugal, and finally draw with Italy and lose it on penalties, in the final of the world cup. Final.. But everyone said they were crappy at first.

Can be same for any team actually, with a good mental and volunteer to work together.

it's just the first round, but France were in the toughest group by far this time around ..... germany, portugal, spain and netherlands have all impressed so far ..... it could be a classic tournament as some of the football has been excellent !!!

Please, no thread about Euro 2008 *Hangs head in shame* ....

Euro2008 without England is like,

Bread without butter...Tea without milk...fish without chips...

It simply is NOT the same.... :cry:

OK, being a Liverpool fan, there is only one way I'm going to vote....Spain.

Spain_flag_large.png

They are my team for the finals, always under-achieve at all the major competitions....not this year.... :D

:D

it's just the first round, but France were in the toughest group by far this time around ..... germany, portugal, spain and netherlands have all impressed so far ..... it could be a classic tournament as some of the football has been excellent !!!

Saw Greece against Sweden, it was an awful match. I even switch off the TV. Portugal, Spain, Netherlands were indeed impressive. But I don't like the German way of playing, so sterile without any creativity.

But like someone said once: football is a game with 22 players and at the end Germany wins. :roll:

Hugo wrote
Gary Lineker after Germany's defeat of England in a penalty shoot-out in 1990

No, it was Wolfgang Weber after the final in '66...oh, no it wasn't, was it?

Sorry to interrupt you, gentlemen, may I ask you something? May I? pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

No. :twisted:

see?

Aha :-(

But I'm so curious about football that wanted to ask something ...:cry:

OK! Just this once but don't tell anybody.... :oops:

Thank you Daniel, you're such a sweetheart! ( I sincerelly hope your mates wont kill you (together with me) for letting me open mouth :wink: )

So, gentlemen, can you explain me how CAN you remember all these:

Gerhard Kapl Van Nistelrooy Christian Panucci, who had been injured seconds earlier , quoting article 11.4.1. of the refereeing code and all the Holland attackers onside and inside and back side and Italians and Russians and even those Germans who played in 1966 and 1990 and who went where and how and by who and ect IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO REMEMBER ALL NAMES OF OUR GIRL/FRIENDS THOUGH YOU KNOW/HEAR/MEET THEM EVERYDAY or BRAND NAMES OF BAGS OR SHOES WE WANT or B'DAY OF YOUR MOMS-IN-LAW THOUGH IT HAPPENS MORE OFTEN THAN THAT WORLD or EURO CUP?!

Can anyone explain, please?

I thought it was going to be something serious...

That's easy, you have to prioritise!

Thank you Daniel, you're such a sweetheart! ( I sincerelly hope your mates wont kill you (together with me) for letting me open mouth :wink: )

Gerhard Kapl Van Nistelrooy Christian Panucci, who had been injured seconds earlier , quoting article 11.4.1. of the refereeing code and all the Holland attackers onside and inside and back side and Italians and Russians and even those Germans who played in 1966 and 1990 and who went where and how and by who and ect IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO REMEMBER ALL NAMES OF OUR GIRL/FRIENDS THOUGH YOU KNOW/HEAR/MEET THEM EVERYDAY or BRAND NAMES OF BAGS OR SHOES WE WANT or B'DAY OF YOUR MOMS-IN-LAW THOUGH IT HAPPENS MORE OFTEN THAN THAT WORLD or EURO CUP?!

easy ..... football is more (much more) important !!!

dare i say it- because we care about football!! :wink:

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 3:13 am
***********************BREAKING NEWS**************************

*Big* Phil Scolari just named as New Chelsea boss! Will take over on July1st.

http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/index.html#/page/Homepage/article_1326948

Did anybody miss this? posted last night!....thoughts?

do you think big Phil will be ordering Chritiano Ronaldo to sign for Madrid now??? lol :twisted:

http://www.chelseafc.com/xxchelsea180706/index.html#/page/Homepage/article_1326948

do you think big Phil will be ordering Chritiano Ronaldo to sign for Madrid now??? lol :twisted:

Odd to say the least...His club experience hails from Brazil and the rest is International...NEVER managed in Europe before...bit of a gamble if you ask me.

and I'm not even sure he speaks English.

Odd to say the least...His club experience hails from Brazil and the rest is International...NEVER managed in Europe before...bit of a gamble if you ask me.

and I'm not even sure he speaks English.

he doesnt, but hey neither did Capello!! :twisted:

we're talking euro, not english football 8)

Oi...Moderator....It is Euro football related...wind your troll-like neck in... :evil:

dare i say it- because we care about football!! :wink:

one would have thought that was obvious. women may still be smarter than men... but apparently not ThAT much smarter.

we're talking euro, not english football 8)

Oi...Moderator....It is Euro football related...wind your troll-like neck in... :evil:

so tell me in which group of the Euro 2008 is Chelsea ? :lol:

anyways. hooray Swiss is out :D lol !

Tonight whats the match ? germany ? austria and something... ?

The future boss is currently manager of Portugal, hence the connection. As you know already.

(Where do they come from?)

We watched that match tonight and everybody sat there seeing a german team behaving chickenly like they were in a state of shock from the very beginning after the croatian cat came in the stable. I have been sending SMS to a friend asking him if the complete german team was on valium or any other tranquilizers :cry:

Having seen the first twenty minutes I have often covered my eyes because I had that certain bad feeling, you know. There was no fighting spirit, no technical highlights at all, no good passes, no good corners, hell, we just could not grasp what those millionaires were doing.

If it was for second place in the group, this mathematical games wil alwaysl turn out badly, because it will be Portugal next round. But they have given me the bloody feeling, that there might be Cordoba repeating and they will have to go home after the first leg. F**k, I am feeling pretty muche pis**d seeing such a zero bunch of losers.

By the time writing Poand leads 1:0 vs. Austria and again, I remember Cordoba. Sorry Germany, this has been less than zero. We really dont know what went wrong in this match and there are no excuses. Not even that the referee was even worse than the german team.

Still shaking my head..

Cheers

Ray