What a nice girl should be?

Chatty

:?

I have been thinking about this question for an ages. From my observation, I think Thai people like someone who are not "talkative" or if they talkative... they like to speak of something fun and non sense... I didn't say I didn't like that way... I talked idiot and stupid so many times, and I think people like me that way, but when I start talking serious and give comments about politics, education, moral. They don't like it... only my dad and mom and some of my friends who have same ideal.

Yesterday, I went to cinema, while I was in que to buy popcorn and soda, a girl came from no where tried to cut the que in front of me but I didn't let her do that. What if she asked me that she was hurry I might let her, but she called me ***** and walked away.

When I see someone.... no matter what my friends or my relatives did something I thought it was wrong and I disagree, I just told them... they always angry me.

So my questions are...

1. Do you think nice people should be quiet, and do as they've been told?

2. If someone insist to do what they think it's right, they are *****?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Thai people like someone who are not "talkative" or if they talkative... they like to speak of something fun and non sense... I didn't say I didn't like that way... I talked idiot and stupid so many times, and I think people like me that way, but when I start talking serious and give comments about politics, education, moral. They don't like it.

I have disagreed with you on some subjects quite strongly but that doesn't mean I don't like you speaking up. On the contrary, I wish more Thai women would follow your example. I respect you for the ability and will to do so.

Those who say you should just be quiet or talk nonsense tend to see women as something for decorational and recreational purposes only. It may be more common in Asia than it is in the west, I'm not really sure.

In general it is not difficult to find men anywhere in the world who are intimidated by intelligent and outspoken women. Their male ego cannot handle the fact that a woman might be intellectually superior to them. I find an intelligent, outspoken and opinionated woman very appealing. I can't stand being with a submissive bimbo, in lack of a better expression.

Yesterday, I went to cinema, while I was in que to buy popcorn and soda, a girl came from no where tried to cut the que in front of me but I didn't let her do that. What if she asked me that she was hurry I might let her, but she called me b*tch and walked away.

I'm happy to hear you spoke up and I dearly wish more Thai people would follow your principle. People keep doing bad things because they can get away with it. The Asian principle of non-confrontation doesn't really help in this context. She probably considered herself to be of superior social status to everyone else in the queue and couldn't fathom someone daring to stand up to her. I'm glad you did. Maybe she'll think twice before doing it again.

When I see someone.... no matter what my friends or my relatives did something I thought it was wrong and I disagree, I just told them... they always angry me.

I hope you will not take disagreement with your opinions as a sign of disagreeing with you voicing your opinions. Like I said, if more Thai women would participate as actively as you do here, this place would definitely have a lot more interesting and educating discussions.

As to your questions, I don't think being nice has anything to do with being silent and/or submissive. IMO it is utter nonsense to claim they are interconnected. Just another way to try to suppress a woman. Chauvinistic attitude.

2. The ***** was that girl cutting the queue, not you. People do not like to be publicly confronted and challenged about their wrongdoings, particulary here in Asia. But if people never tackle such issues, things will never change and the wrongdoers will continue to do so with impunity.

Well done bCool

Because b*tchy in my term means people who speak out their thought, confident and no hesitate to do the right things ( sometimes sexy too )

Really ? I would say a ***** is someone with little or no regard to others, who tends to flaunt her selfishness and ignorance and takes pride in it. Someone who thinks the whole world revolves around her and doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything except herself.

Without exception they tend to think they are the ultimate prize any man can win and that every man is just dying to be with them.

Plenty of girls like that to be found if someone goes through some profiles even just here on TF.

I don't want to get personal so I'm not going to post any examples though.

2. If someone insist to do what they think it's right, they are b*tch?

Yes, they are.. :wink:

Because b*tchy in my term means people who speak out their thought, confident and no hesitate to do the right things ( sometimes sexy too )..

"bitchy" means a person does not hesitate to do the right thing?

So my questions are...

1. Do you think nice people should be quiet, and do as they've been told?

2. If someone insist to do what they think it's right, they are b*tch?

1. I think everyone has a right to express their opinion whether they are nice or not and we're not supposed to do what people tell us if we dont want to or against our will :wink:

2. No, they are not b*tch, they are people who have their own principles in life and know exactly what they do unlike some people :roll:

I would say

W, your redin a whole lot more into it than it is!

See urban dic above. this is an accurate description.....

Naturally you will disagree with me. I would expect nothing less from you.

However you may want to note that I was giving my impression of a *****, just like BigKus was giving hers.

I don't need a dictionary to tell me how I feel or think about something.

I think the key element here is 'tact';

You are entitled to your opinion as are others, however, it may be the way the opinion is delivered that could give people the wrong impression. If we attempt to force our opinions on others when they haven't asked for them we may get a negative response.

In regards to the girl jumping the line, I think we would all agree her response was extreme. But at the same time, why did you feel the need to be the one to correct her? It's a lazy Sunday at the cinema and a girl has jumped the queue - did she really deserve a public scolding? Did it make such a dynamic difference to the end result or did you still get the cinema seat you wanted? The girl knew what she was doing, she knew it wasn't right but she thought the act harmless, which ultimately it was. It was only the act of correcting her which made the situation uncomfortable not only for her, but also for you and most likely others.

Sometimes we are perceived as being 'bitchy' or 'nasty' not so much as for what we say but rather why we have chosen to say it and they way which we deliver it.

Chose your fights carefully and don't sweat the small stuff... this could be the key to a longer more fulfilling life! :wink:

--------------------------------------------------

An adjective that's supposed to be used to describe someone irritable, moody and whiny. Even if a person is not bitchy but rather, honest or blunt, a stupid person may use "bitchy" to describe that person. Bitchy is the creative limit when it comes to insults coming from the same stupid people.

1. Did you hear that? We were talking for the past hour about me and she just told me to SHUT UP! Out of nowhere! Geez, she's bitchy today!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

W, your redin a whole lot more into it than it is!

See urban dic above. this is an accurate description.....

Good Day!

i don't think i'd use the urban dic as my reference book on life !!

I think Thai people like someone who are not "talkative" or if they talkative... they like to speak of something fun and non sense... I didn't say I didn't like that way... I talked idiot and stupid so many times, and I think people like me that way, but when I start talking serious and give comments about politics, education, moral. They don't like it.

I have disagreed with you on some subjects quite strongly but that doesn't mean I don't like you speaking up. On the contrary, I wish more Thai women would follow your example. I respect you for the ability and will to do so.

Those who say you should just be quiet or talk nonsense tend to see women as something for decorational and recreational purposes only. It may be more common in Asia than it is in the west, I'm not really sure.

In general it is not difficult to find men anywhere in the world who are intimidated by intelligent and outspoken women. Their male ego cannot handle the fact that a woman might be intellectually superior to them. I find an intelligent, outspoken and opinionated woman very appealing. I can't stand being with a submissive bimbo, in lack of a better expression.

Yesterday, I went to cinema, while I was in que to buy popcorn and soda, a girl came from no where tried to cut the que in front of me but I didn't let her do that. What if she asked me that she was hurry I might let her, but she called me b*tch and walked away.

I'm happy to hear you spoke up and I dearly wish more Thai people would follow your principle. People keep doing bad things because they can get away with it. The Asian principle of non-confrontation doesn't really help in this context. She probably considered herself to be of superior social status to everyone else in the queue and couldn't fathom someone daring to stand up to her. I'm glad you did. Maybe she'll think twice before doing it again.

I hope you will not take disagreement with your opinions as a sign of disagreeing with you voicing your opinions. Like I said, if more Thai women would participate as actively as you do here, this place would definitely have a lot more interesting and educating discussions.

As to your questions, I don't think being nice has anything to do with being silent and/or submissive. IMO it is utter nonsense to claim they are interconnected. Just another way to try to suppress a woman. Chauvinistic attitude.

2. The b*tch was that girl cutting the queue, not you. People do not like to be publicly confronted and challenged about their wrongdoings, particulary here in Asia. But if people never tackle such issues, things will never change and the wrongdoers will continue to do so with impunity.

Well done bCool

Couldn't agree more... If more people spoke up when the thoughtless selfish brigade did whatever suited them Thailand (and the World) would be a better place.. Queue jumpers, people using mobile in Cinema's, Twa*s riding bikes on the wrong side of the road and inconsiderate a**holes with dogs would all know to behave better..

keep it up BC !

We don't suppposed to call anyone "*****" well, not in front of that person at least, unless, you want to get in trouble. :twisted:

She was rude since the moment she cut the line so you shouldn't be surprised that she was rude again. You should not let her go but give her a lesson and that she'd be very ashamed of what she did to you.

Once I was about to buy a bottle of whiskey at a superstore and I was in my last minute 13.59 (alcoholic stuff selling during 1100-1400 and 1700-2400) when I ran to the cashier I asked the first 2 ladies who were in a queue if they could let me pay first and they let me. I said thank you again before I leave. I didnt call anyone ***** and no one call me so that day.. 8)

I sometime love to get myself in a trouble but sometime I can be very cute :lol:

This reminds me of an incident at Carrefour when standing in queue with a few people behind me. I was there with my shopping cart and a slightly intoxicated Thai man came to hang around my cart and the conveyer belt. I kept staring at him and sure enough when the previous customer moved forward, he pushed my cart aside and tried to squeeze himself in front of me.

I didn't budge and asked him in Thai where he thinks he was going. No reply. Asked him again in Thai did he not see me and everyone else standing in line.

This time he started to get a bit aggressive but a Thai man shouted something to him I could not understand but it sure wasn't friendly and the man walked away.

The Thai man who interfered was apologizing for the behavior of his fellow countryman to me and was visibly annoyed.

I have been in similar situations many times before but this was the first time a Thai person publicly supported the action of preventing someone cutting in queue.

I wish it would happen more often. I don't want confrontation any more than anyone else but I don't want to just stand idly by when people walk all over me.