Red shirts blocking roads on the 31st?

beej

I mean my dad is one of the "Red Shirts" people :shock: :roll:

he hates the new PM and his party.....and I saw my dad tried on a red scarf that he got lol

Oh well, good on him, nice that he cares about his country, I hope he knows not to go too far though if things get bad again.

he wasn't the kind that join in the mob though....he just stay where he is...work as usual but his "heart" is with the Red Shirts

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far the red shirts don't seem as tactically savvy or well organized as the yellow shirts were.

i suspect that in order to pull off the airport stunt, there would have had to have been significant police/military factions offering tacit approval.

wonder what Frank's next move will be. it's a little bit difficult to do a coup long distance.

so far the red shirts don't seem as tactically savvy or well organized as the yellow shirts were.

wonder what Frank's next move will be. it's a little bit difficult to do a coup long distance.

Give them time, the PAD had more time to prepare and previous experience. I suspect that the 'true believers' in the DAAD is fairly low esp. compared to the PAD but if the money starts flowing numbers will be bused in.

All the talk by PT (ex PPP pollies) of org. 20K of supporters per province seems quite empty given the low numbers of the last two days. After everyone is tanked up and recharged from NYs festivities upcountry, then we may see some pretty good numbers when parliament resumes on the 7th.

This is when round 3 will start to kick in. However, word from some quarters seems to be that the fire is not in the belly right now and that there are not enough funds forthcoming to fund DAAD supporters 'appearance fees' and an ongoing campaign - money tied up here & in the UK. We'll see how true this is in the coming weeks.

Credit to the govt and police in pursuing all options to avoid confrontation and violence in the last two days. Pity that was not the case on 7 Oct.

Dec31chrono.jpg

After everyone is tanked up and recharged from NYs festivities upcountry, then we may see some pretty good numbers when parliament resumes on the 7th.

This is when round 3 will start to kick in. However, word from some quarters seems to be that the fire is not in the belly right now and that there are not enough funds forthcoming to fund DAAD supporters 'appearance fees' and an ongoing campaign - money tied up here & in the UK. We'll see how true this is in the coming weeks.

Based on this morning report, either Frank is not providing the funds or too many red shirts are still recovering from a long NYs hangover;

Some 30 red-shirted people protest at Government House, The Nation breaking news

Some 30 red-shirted protesters rallied outside the Government House Wednesday morning to demand Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to dissolve the House and resign.

The protesters began the rally at 9 am at the Chamai Maruchet Bridge outside Gate 1 of the Government House. They hurled abusive words at the government House and demanded Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya to resign.

After everyone is tanked up and recharged from NYs festivities upcountry, then we may see some pretty good numbers when parliament resumes on the 7th.

Based on this morning report, either Frank is not providing the funds or too many red shirts are still recovering from a long NYs hangover;

Some 30 red-shirted people protest at Government House, The Nation breaking news

Some 30 red-shirted protesters rallied outside the Government House Wednesday morning to demand Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to dissolve the House and resign.

The protesters began the rally at 9 am at the Chamai Maruchet Bridge outside Gate 1 of the Government House. They hurled abusive words at the government House and demanded Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya to resign.

I read something about this too. That the red-shirted idiots were complaining that they weren't receiving enough money, food and entertainment. I guess the yellow-shirt sponsors were deep-pocketed enough to keep the juice running the whole time.

Just in case you thought the explosive devices would stop!

Bomb explodes at Govt House By: BangkokPost.com Published: 8/01/2009 at 04:51 PM

A bomb exploded at the Government House on Thursday, when Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was chairing a meeting. Police suspected that the small device was placed near the Thai Ku Fah building, which is located in the Government House compound, when the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) occupied the complex in August last year to oust the government led by the dissolved People Power party.

The explosion happened in the afternoon, when Mr Abhisit was holding a national security meeting with Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, Army Chief Anupong Paojinda and National Police Chief Patcharawat Wongsuwan. It did not cause any injuries.

According to police, the bomb went off when a worker was closing a manhole during security checks at the building in preparation for Children's Day celebration to be held there on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Special Branch Police chief Thiradej Rodphothong said he has assigned police to inspect the complex carefully Thursday and Friday to ensure safety for children who will come to visit the Government House on Children's Day celebration. "There will be lots of children coming to the Government House, so we need to make sure it is safe for them," he said.

Just in case you thought the explosive devices would stop!
Bomb explodes at Govt House By: BangkokPost.com Published: 8/01/2009 at 04:51 PM

A bomb exploded at the Government House on Thursday, when Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was chairing a meeting. Police suspected that the small device was placed near the Thai Ku Fah building, which is located in the Government House compound, when the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) occupied the complex in August last year to oust the government led by the dissolved People Power party.

The explosion happened in the afternoon, when Mr Abhisit was holding a national security meeting with Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, Army Chief Anupong Paojinda and National Police Chief Patcharawat Wongsuwan. It did not cause any injuries.

According to police, the bomb went off when a worker was closing a manhole during security checks at the building in preparation for Children's Day celebration to be held there on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Special Branch Police chief Thiradej Rodphothong said he has assigned police to inspect the complex carefully Thursday and Friday to ensure safety for children who will come to visit the Government House on Children's Day celebration. "There will be lots of children coming to the Government House, so we need to make sure it is safe for them," he said.

the report i read said it was a "ping pong" bomb left over from the pad.

Well that is possible but it would suggest that the big security sweep and cleaning up of govt house and the adjoining areas was not so thorough. Not a nice prospect for the parents taking their kids there on Childrens Day.

Hard to imagine a Thai gov't not being "thorough" in maintaining safety of others... :roll:

Well that is possible but it would suggest that the big security sweep and cleaning up of govt house and the adjoining areas was not so thorough. Not a nice prospect for the parents taking their kids there on Childrens Day.

Hard to imagine a Thai gov't not being "thorough" in maintaining safety of others... :roll:

Hi Matt, good thought! I've also noticed that Thai guys are becoming more and more aggressive to foreigners too.

If the last paragraph is true, it's just about the most despicable thing I've read about being committed by either the red or yellow shirts.

Granny Niam dies minutes from home

By: THAWEESAK BUTCHAN and MANOP THIP-OSOD

UBON RATCHATHANI : The woman who came to public prominence after presenting Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva with a gold ring as a token of fellowship between him and the Isan people has passed away.

Grandma Niam Panmanee, a former mor lam singer, died yesterday morning aged 84. She had earlier been diagnosed as having cancer.

Grandma Niam's relatives discharged her from hospital so she could die at home in the company of family members but she died en route a kilometre from her home in Muang Samsip district.

She leapt to prominence on Dec 17 last year when, in a televised speech after being sworn in, Mr Abhisit displayed the gold ring he had received from her during a visit to Ubon Ratchathani on Aug 8 last year.

"Grandma gave me this ring and said I was now engaged to Northeasterners," Mr Abhisit said.

Grandma Niam's stay at Sappasitprasong hospital was disturbed by red-shirted protesters flocking to the hospital in wait for Mr Abhisit, who reportedly had planned to visit her on Wednesday.

Mr Abhisit said he had phoned Grandma Niam and her relatives yesterday morning to wish them well.

"The last thing I said to her was that the tie between her family and I will stay forever," he said. "I am now checking my schedule, intending to attend her funeral service".

The funeral rites will be held over seven days at Wat Ban None Koh, with the Democrat party the sole sponsor. Red-clad members are said to be preparing to "welcome" Mr Abhisit to the funeral ceremony.

Social Development and Human Security Minister Witoon Nambutr yesterday condemned the anti-government protesters who stormed the hospital, burst into the intensive care unit and verbally assaulted the ailing grandmother."Grandma Niam could not talk or defend herself. She just cried," Mr Witoon said. "I understand that a few hundred red-shirted people do not represent the feeling of all Ubon Ratchathani residents."

***Should they attack the PM or anyone else at the funeral, or disrupt it in any way, then the red shirts will be showing their true colors. I hope Thaksin is proud of his underlings.***

Social Development and Human Security Minister Witoon Nambutr yesterday condemned the anti-government protesters who stormed the hospital, burst into the intensive care unit and verbally assaulted the ailing grandmother."Grandma Niam could not talk or defend herself. She just cried," Mr Witoon said. "I understand that a few hundred red-shirted people do not represent the feeling of all Ubon Ratchathani residents."

Oh **** me... That's terrible... Nothing like stooping to new sub-human lows.

Oh f*ck me... That's terrible... Nothing like stooping to new sub-human lows.

******* insane.

also shows the difference between the red clapper dipshits and the yellow clapper dipshits: the yellow ones were a brainwashed paramilitary organization, the reds are a ******* uncontrollable mob.

[

I hope the backers of PAD, the big Thai military and otherwise run companies are proud of their underlings.

ehhhhhhhh .... that means it was a bomb left behind from an attack ON PAD ... at least try and understand before u post !!!

well, actually i dont' think it wasn't meant to bomb the office. these are like home made grenades you would throw at either police or red shirts storming the place.

but, yeah...

at least they were picking on someone their own size...

or at least someone who wasn't already so far along on their death bed that they were past even being able to talk. single most disgusting episode in this whole trajesty IMO.

bombing political offices is so much more dignified that scaring old ladies to death.

Except for all the old ladies working in the political office for free whilst the male office bearers are off being entertained by young things at lunch.

Oh f*ck me... That's terrible... Nothing like stooping to new sub-human lows.

f*cking insane.

also shows the difference between the red clapper dipshits and the yellow clapper dipshits: the yellow ones were a brainwashed paramilitary organization, the reds are a f*cking uncontrollable mob.

Quite an unbelievable act of utterly complete insensitively. A precursor of what to expect in the next few months?