wierd thai behaviour in TF events ??

marco_funny

<<<we interrupt this riveting discussion to bring you a TF public service announcement>>>

POPCORN, CHOC ICES AND DRINKS ARE NOW BEING SERVED IN THE FOYER

:D

Cheers mate, I am SO loving this thread :twisted:

Just wondering what the bottomline would be like :wink:

Sorry, go on :lol:

someone will post something shiny, everyone will go oooooooooh and we won't return to this until someone "loved" gets a card...

in the mean time we'll all post like it matters ... more wine vicar!

Hey look, something shiny!

Shay_Laren_undies.gif

I want that body!!

Sorry ........ off the bloody topic again :oops: Go on!!

Chez I think good if you can show like this on charity open mic...hehehhehe

Tookkae is the most intelligent forum poster on TF.....nobody else counts....

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I comments here... I really don't get it... even got some explaination from p'Nicky, and some PMs... I still don't get it.

All I can say is... I prefer the way TF forum was. Sarcastism, bitting, fighting, they are charming.

Believe me not many girls on TF got attack from the guys here... It's only me, I think, I'm not that sensitive. If that I wouldn't survive on the cruel world.

There's lots of things in the outside world... TF is just a part of it.

Pls correct me if I got it wrong.

After I comments here... I really don't get it... even got some explaination from p'Nicky, and some PMs... I still don't get it.

All I can say is... I prefer the way TF forum was. Sarcastism, bitting, fighting, they are charming.

Believe me not many girls on TF got attack from the guys here... It's only me, I think, I'm not that sensitive. If that I wouldn't survive on the cruel world.

Could this possibly mean that Thais AREN'T offended by the goings on in the forums? Could this possibly mean that the "We need to clean up the forums because the Thais are afraid to venture in there" line is a warm pile of patronizing bullshit? The "cleaning up" of the forums IS having an effect. Probably NOT the one that's intended though.

There is a fairly consistent theme in your responses which feels both patronising and condesending. This is a shame given that someone with your experience could actually perhaps be more constructive in this discussion and without also projecting a certain 'I know it all' disposition.

Though you have responded to a few specifics with some topical reflection, you seem more concerned with labelling everyone in a fairly negative manner. This is confusing to me when there is such a diverse bunch on TF with a even wider range of interests and motivations for being part of the TF community.

Dude you've got it all out of context. 2unique is a funny easy going guy who was having a laugh as usual. Please jai yen yen and relax before posting. And to all the Thai people who missed what happened here... sometimes even us farangs completely misunderstand each other's posts.

Now maybe I missed the point and *you're* actually just taking the piss :roll:

There is no right or wrong Khun Neung and as a regular contributor your views are important.

There is a fairly consistent theme in your responses which feels both patronising and condesending. This is a shame given that someone with your experience could actually perhaps be more constructive in this discussion and without also projecting a certain 'I know it all' disposition.

Though you have responded to a few specifics with some topical reflection, you seem more concerned with labelling everyone in a fairly negative manner. This is confusing to me when there is such a diverse bunch on TF with a even wider range of interests and motivations for being part of the TF community.

Dude you've got it all out of context. 2unique is a funny easy going guy who was having a laugh as usual. Please jai yen yen and relax before posting. And to all the Thai people who missed what happened here... sometimes even us farangs completely misunderstand each other's posts.

but the Jay i know can be patronising and condescending ..... when the need arises !!! :D:D:D:D

Yes well I am not unknown to miss a lot but I don't see how anything I have written suggests that Jay is anything but am easy going guy. However, if your suggesting that his half a dozen posts of lengthy response is all about having a laugh then it would suggest a pretty sad situation where someone in numerous responses is just winding up people who are trying to discuss a concern about the site. Whilst being Australian inherently means that my english skills are poor and thus I can easily misunderstand others posts I cannot imagine someone would be so consistently disrespectful to others.

However, if Jay is just having a laugh and I am not getting it, then how does that tactic help all those for whom english is a second language follow the discussion? Seems pretty selfish and exclusive. I don't perceive that Jay is like that at all but you obviously know him. But it is not about him or me or you but about having a discussion regarding the changes on the site. Surely, we would all wish to ensure that others can participate by expressing genuine views in such a manner that limits misunderstandings for those you may wish to contribute but feel a little hestitant?

There is a fairly consistent theme in your responses which feels both patronising and condesending. This is a shame given that someone with your experience could actually perhaps be more constructive in this discussion and without also projecting a certain 'I know it all' disposition

well for that I apologize as it's probably born of seeing it all before and advocating the same on countless occasion. just because I debate a point of view doesn't mean it's my own particularly when its a mod v member topic. I prefer all points tobebrought up and usually I will tell my viewpoint rather than have it implied for me.

Yes I can understand if you have been down this road before. Such issues will always arise in cycles and we should all perhaps be open to hearing others as someone (not me) may actualy say something pertinent or orgininal. I don't see it as mod v member dynamic at all. Apart from the original yellow card to Piant, I expressed a concern about the general temperment leading to self censorship that has been developing without framing it in terms of mods v members or referring to indiviual mods.

it does annoy me that this topic is never brought up rationally for discussion but only ever in form of a rant which gets backs up and battle lines drawn

Goodness, apart from the abovementioned earlier spat (Piant yellow card) this has been fairly rational compared with many debates. If you feel a member is drawing battle lines then deal with that member and then perhaps distinguish your general notions. I would have thought with some healthy discussion, ideas and responses have been had.

I think you'll find the only consistent theme in my posts are deprecating comments usually about myself! regardless in no way were my comments intentionally patronizing or condescending

Thanks for the apology and I do assume there was no intention. Obviously, I have missed some, but not all, of your patent self depreciating comments but in the context of your numerous posts, again, where does that leave people - particularly thais - with english as a second language?

My 3 Bhats worth.

The forums gone sterile...People are afraid to post because of cards..one member has even done a massive U-turn and now is saying they wish it was like before...after sending me PMs complaining .

I really am sorry some of you feel like this, it's not an easy job and we all make mistakes.

From my point of view.

I do not consider it my day's work to card people. in fact, I would go as far to say, I have probably the lowest card-count on TF of all the Mods. Do I threaten, sometimes! Like I said before, cards will only come if they are deserving. Has the flow of TF been interrupted? I don't know! From my perspective, I see more people now willing to contribute to the threads and surely that can only be a good thing.

A few here feel upset that they cannot fight and argue....You can! Just leave the real abuse and bad personal attacks out of it. Some people of old on TF will remember my sarcasm and love of a good war of words...Nothing has changed.

One thing I know which was aimed at me was, when a member complained that we wont answer to them for Mod decisions. That is still my stance! But I will explain why.

For every time we make a decision, the likelihood is, it effects someone. Sometimes people don't like these decisions and complain. They have the right to a fair hearing....By Admin. By continually bombarding the Mod in question with angry posts and PMs is just going to make things worse and it could escalate. The outcome will just be a stalemate. All the Mods here have a duty to be fair and impartial...but we are only human. We make a mistake, we answer to Rob/Admin, not to you guys. Sorry!

I honestly feel TF is a great site...even unique. We have a lot of freedoms here that you don't get on other Thai boards...I know. I was banned very recently from another very *famous* Thais site for suggesting their recent sponsorship deal with a famous Thai newspaper could only lead to censorship. Within minutes I was proved correct. No way do I want TF like this and I hope it never will be.

First and foremost I am a contributor to TF and then a Mod.

Anyone with any suggestions can contact myself, other Mods or Admin to help maintain what we have here at TF. I value all your opinions and wait with baited breath... :D

dannyboy.

TF Moderator Team.

You know what I find amusing?

The guy who started this 'Wierd (sic) behaviour' thread is the cause of THREE of my yellow cards.

The reason for making the forums more controlled was to attract more Thai girls to contribute?

Is that true? Who said that? Has it worked? Is there a target percentage?

If it fails to attract them, can we go back to the old, interesting forums? Remember them? Where people were entitled to express themselves without fear of being gagged for three days?

It is boring lately but wasn't one of the reasons it was made so more Thai Women would join in with the forums or some equally shite reason?

What is shite to you beej, may not be to others.

What's wrong with attracting a more diverse, active forum? Than having the usual suspects bitching about everything under the sun. Everyone has a place in TF. Not just a chosen few.

The guy who started this 'Wierd (sic) behaviour' thread is the cause of THREE of my yellow cards.

The reason for making the forums more controlled was to attract more Thai girls to contribute?

If it fails to attract them, can we go back to the old, interesting forums? Remember them? Where people were entitled to express themselves without fear of being gagged for three days?

No Bob. You were the cause of your yellow cards.

I don't remember actively trying to encourage Thai girls to participate in the forums. I do remember thinking it would be better if a lot more people would post regardless of what the usual suspects had to say.

So on one hand we have a few members wanting the *good old days* without fear of retribution from Mods no matter what they post and on the other, we have people who agree that the *good old days* were really the *bad old days* and they were in fear of posting because of the amount of flaming they would get.

You can't please all the people all the time.

It is boring lately but wasn't one of the reasons it was made so more Thai Women would join in with the forums or some equally shite reason?

What's wrong with attracting a more diverse, active forum? Than having the usual suspects bitching about everything under the sun. Everyone has a place in TF. Not just a chosen few.

I don't remember actively trying to encourage Thai girls to participate in the forums. I do remember thinking it would be better if a lot more people would post regardless of what the usual suspects had to say.

So on one hand we have a few members wanting the *good old days* without fear of retribution from Mods no matter what they post and on the other, we have people who agree that the *good old days* were really the *bad old days* and they were in fear of posting because of the amount of flaming they would get.

Don't you remember the banter about '' if it was all nice in here '' then more female member would want to join in the forums? Strange.

I'm still laughing at Pam getting carded for calling me gay, and me getting carded for naming and shaming a guy who had already named and shamed himself for not keeping his fingers to himself at TF parties.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, its all yours and if you're happy to turn this place into a bland pile of **** with forums about knitting and baking then thats up to you.

Don't you remember the banter about '' if it was all nice in here '' then more female member would want to join in the forums? Strange.

I'm still laughing at Pam getting carded for calling me gay, and me getting carded for naming and shaming a guy who had already named and shamed himself for not keeping his fingers to himself at TF parties.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, its all yours and if you're happy to turn this place into a bland pile of sh*t with forums about knitting and baking then thats up to you.

Still laughing at Pam getting carded? fcuking Gays in the largest font. Maybe that's ok for you but not for me. I suppose Blacks, kikes, chinks or all other assortment of derogatory terms are fine with you also...Seeing as it's Pam's card and not yours, I should really not comment any more!

Regarding your card, I know nothing about it.

Yes, It is strange. Strange how you think you can whine and whine and whine because you can't get your own way.

Bland pile of ****? I like knitting!..

Remember, Knit one, purl one. Drop one, curl one... :D

I believe that every female member has right to post everything the same way as male members has. Most female members have different interest from you gents. So, what?s wrong with knitting?,

I?m feeling a bit itching because I was the one who post the word ?knitting? on the forum. If you?ve read the post, you will know that in fact, knitting wasn?t the topic.

i dont believe anyone was having a go at your forum or you. In this case, 'knitting' is more a euphemism for boring and predictable.