physical fight

hbkbkk

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hit down last night by some man at late night club. My friend asked me to tell the man that she is not interested in his advances. From the first sentence I got beaten and I dont even know who he was. So it was not really a "fight" as I did not even realise what hit me. . . . . .Welcome to Thailand

Was hit down last night by some man at late night club. My friend asked me to tell the man that she is not interested in his advances. From the first sentence I got beaten and I dont even know who he was. So it was not really a "fight" as I did not even realise what hit me. . . . . .Welcome to Thailand

Lesson learned for you I hope. I find its often best to ignore someone and leave or ask the owner of the bar to deal with it. If a woman insists I defend her honor I would question her sanity. Of course it depends on the situation but people drinking alcohol are volatile.

I didn't manage to read all 13 pages, only a few... So, if my post is out of the topic, my apologies.

My last (and 2d in my life) physical fight was 3.5 years ago. In a park a few hundred meters away from my home. Nothing special, a guy wanted to take my bag, I thought that isn't a good idea because I had only some little cash which might disappoint him and my UBS credit card (diving the fact I'm just 3 min by a relaxing jogging on high heels from home, I would closedown it in less than 5 min if still alive) i nicely offered him all the cash, my earrings and my mobile phone (without sim-card). My offer didn't excite him and he hit me. In my face. His fault. Can't stand when a guy touches my face without my permission. I wont go into details, they are ugly.

The result: i came back home with my bag, cash, cards, wallet and all the rest. Oh, and with broken nails, a broken heel on my right boot and some bruises on my face. Not sure if any of the poor robber rib's was broken but if so I believe that wasn't my fault - he had to ask if i ever attended one of Self Defence classes. Because I did.

However, what I wanted to ask you hot sailors... Don't you think that physical fights look good only in a movie but not in real life? Honestly?

in a perfect world, yes...

Fighting is for morons. If you can't settle your differences verbally, then you shouldn't be talking anyway. Leave it, and maybe revisit it another day when tempers have subsided.

where did you grow up? disneyland? most of us were brought up in the real world...

and how many of those 'real world' fights were life-or-death situations? any? if not, you don't have much of a point there, ace.

i think i have a damn good point, z...it a person hasn't walked in my shoes how can he comment on my situation...you seem to do a lot of that...

I guess it's like asking why some people sky-dive, bungee jump or enter the UFC ring.

Some people like that stuff. Some people get off on the adrenaline rush.

I've skydived and bungee jumped. (I liked the first but not the second)

I scuba dive, jet ski and studied martial arts.

However, lots of people wouldn't go on a roller coaster - are they the smart ones? Or are they missing out?

And people who've never had a fight - congratulations. But it's like anything, there are two sides to the coin. Sure there's a danger you will get hurt. But there's also the possibility you will win. And you never know, maybe you'll like it.

Those guys winning boxing matches and UFC matches sure look happy. There must be a thrill in it for so many people to do it.

Certainly when I was doing karate four times a week and training hard, I felt great. Lots of energy, lots of confidence.

Yes, you can walk away from a fight. But sometimes you don't feel like it. Sometimes you want the OTHER guy to walk away.

I guess it's like asking why some people sky-dive, bungee jump or enter the UFC ring.

Some people like that stuff. Some people get off on the adrenaline rush.

I've skydived and bungee jumped. (I liked the first but not the second)

I scuba dive, jet ski and studied martial arts.

However, lots of people wouldn't go on a roller coaster - are they the smart ones? Or are they missing out?

And people who've never had a fight - congratulations. But it's like anything, there are two sides to the coin. Sure there's a danger you will get hurt. But there's also the possibility you will win. And you never know, maybe you'll like it.

Those guys winning boxing matches and UFC matches sure look happy. There must be a thrill in it for so many people to do it.

Certainly when I was doing karate four times a week and training hard, I felt great. Lots of energy, lots of confidence.

Yes, you can walk away from a fight. But sometimes you don't feel like it. Sometimes you want the OTHER guy to walk away.

like your post and agree with it...

Sheesh...I hope the girl at least brought you home and took care of you!

last week. i know am to old to fight but the pick really pissed me off and my training kicked in.

damage was a black eye, busted nose and lips. the damage on me was a little soreness on my fist and knees. its amazing how some people will hit your fist and knees repeatedly with their face.

girl friend of 4 months was shocked. she knew i studied martial arts but had never seen me lose my temper. people really need to be careful with who they mess with when they dont know who they are. am always very carefull since i know their is always some one that is faster and stronger then me that could hurt me.

yes i know i am to old to fight in bars and no for those that know me i was not drinking am still sobber. damm that

last week. i know am to old to fight but the pick really pissed me off and my training kicked in.

damage was a black eye, busted nose and lips. the damage on me was a little soreness on my fist and knees. its amazing how some people will hit your fist and knees repeatedly with their face.

girl friend of 4 months was shocked. she knew i studied martial arts but had never seen me lose my temper. people really need to be careful with who they mess with when they dont know who they are. am always very carefull since i know their is always some one that is faster and stronger then me that could hurt me.

yes i know i am to old to fight in bars and no for those that know me i was not drinking am still sobber. damm that

You sound real tuff.

I had a friend years ago who defended his friends wife's honor in a bar fight. John was 45 at the time a mechanic at a car lot I was working at. I was a youngster of 18 who just moved to florida to hang for awhile. John had bowling balls for arms being from California and a weight lifter for years. I saw him when he came home as I was sleeping on his families porch helping watch his 4 kids for him and his wife. He was hurting bad and feeling down. So I asked him "john what happened" He said the guy wouldn't stay down ,dam why. The guy was really rude to another friends wife and John decided to get in the guys face about it. They fought and punched each other for a long long time till they were both exhausted. He was shocked that the guy kept getting up for more. Well My friend won the fight technically but he was humiliated and felt sick as if he had lost. I've seen often in bar fights that no one wins.............

I had a friend years ago who defended his friends wife's honor in a bar fight. John was 45 at the time a mechanic at a car lot I was working at. I was a youngster of 18 who just moved to florida to hang for awhile. John had bowling balls for arms being from California and a weight lifter for years. I saw him when he came home as I was sleeping on his families porch helping watch his 4 kids for him and his wife. He was hurting bad and feeling down. So I asked him "john what happened" He said the guy wouldn't stay down ,dam why. The guy was really rude to another friends wife and John decided to get in the guys face about it. They fought and punched each other for a long long time till they were both exhausted. He was shocked that the guy kept getting up for more. Well My friend won the fight technically but he was humiliated and felt sick as if he had lost. I've seen often in bar fights that no one wins.............

and i have a good friend who was released from prison for manslaughter and serving 13 years for a bar fight where the other guy fell and hit his head and died. this buddy missed 15 years of his life, graduate school, and now has a convicted felon record.

and i have a good friend who was released from prison for manslaughter and serving 13 years for a bar fight where the other guy fell and hit his head and died. this buddy missed 15 years of his life, graduate school, and now has a convicted felon record.

There was a case locally the 2 good friends fought in a bar. One hit the other and he fell back and swallowed his tongue dying in front of everyone.

I've seen more than my fair share of these too.

**** that ****, there is very little worth physically fighting for.

but on every level of civilization, there is always someone willing to fight. those are the folks who survive and create empires out of the old empires which no longer have the desire or will to fight and/or defend themselves. when the majority feel as does beej, western civilization falls to the "barbarians." As have all civilizations before us...

good or bad? i suppose that depends on your perspective. look around the world and see who IS willing to fight.

they will be the new lords and create the new worlds as the old grow soft and unwilling

such has always been the way of the world

but on every level of civilization, there is always someone willing to fight. those are the folks who survive and create empires out of the old empires which no longer have the desire or will to fight and/or defend themselves. when the majority feel as does beej, western civilization falls to the "barbarians." As have all civilizations before us...

good or bad? i suppose that depends on your perspective. look around the world and see who IS willing to fight.

they will be the new lords and create the new worlds as the old grow soft and unwilling

You don't half talk some dog ****.

Are you saying that every man woman and child on this planet has to be up for a ******* fight, be willing to shoot and kick someone elses head in for freedom?

You're a nationalistic flag waving gun toting puppet.

New lords and new worlds, just listen to your self, its not 1162 Ghengis Khan isn't riding around taking over the place for shits and giggles.

I would physically defend myself/loved ones if I had to, but only if we were in danger. Bullshit bar fights are for brick headed morons with nothing better to do.

You don't half talk some dog sh*t.

Are you saying that every man woman and child on this planet has to be up for a f*cking fight, be willing to shoot and kick someone elses head in for freedom?

New lords and new worlds, just listen to your self, its not 1162 Ghengis Khan isn't riding around taking over the place for sh*ts and giggles.

I would physically defend myself/loved ones if I had to, but only if we were in danger. Bullshit bar fights are for brick headed morons with nothing better to do.

obviously.

there are neanthertals among us.

You don't half talk some dog sh*t.

Are you saying that every man woman and child on this planet has to be up for a f*cking fight, be willing to shoot and kick someone elses head in for freedom?

New lords and new worlds, just listen to your self, its not 1162 Ghengis Khan isn't riding around taking over the place for sh*ts and giggles.

No, I'm not saying that. That has rarely been the case. However, someone must be willing to fight. Usually, it's those same "brick headed morons" that you love to hate. Because, folks like you are never willing. When the majority of a civilization is unwilling or unable to fight, another will come along that is willing and able and conquer that civilization.

for a pacifist,you certainly are an angry sob...lol Off the meds again? You ******* crack me up. ; ) But you certainly are a bad ass on the internet. woo woo wooooooooooooooo yee haw! rotfl

I doubt that you know the first thing about defending anything. It's not something one simply picks up when the need arises. These are skills that must be practiced. Skills that must be honed.

Parts of the world are exactly like the days of Genghis Khan. Apparently, you don't watch the news.

Empires rise and fall. Civilization reached magnificent heights under the Roman Empire. They too thought that theirs would last forever. It did not. Once Rome did fall, the world descended into chaos. Do you truly believe that this is not now possible. It has happened time and again. But beej insists that humanity is beyond such things. That is incredibly naive and tragically hilarious.

P.S. I agree with Dave (EB).

Parts of the world are exactly like the days of Genghis Khan. Apparently, you don't watch the news.

I get your point. In a bar it can get confusing right or wrong especially when everyones half drunk or wasted.

In the modern world arena it gets confusing because the powers that be are so full of **** with secret agendas real people taking the fall.

So is the micro- macro comparison the drunk factor. Drunk on alcohol or drunk on power.?