What Day Is Today ?

SweetieBabie

Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries every year. This date is Spring in the Northern Hemisphere and Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. The United Nations celebrates an Earth Day each year on the March equinox, which is often March 20, a tradition which was founded by peace activist John McConnell in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

earthday.jpg

Çѹ¤ØéäÃçâÅ¡ (Earth Day) ¶×Ãà»ç¹ÇѹÊӤѭ¢Ã§¢ºÇ¹Ã¹ØÃÑ¡Éì¸ÃÃêҵԷÑèÇâÅ¡ µÃ§¡ÑºÇѹ·Õè 22 àÃÉÒ¹ ¢Ã§·Ø¡»Õ

ÊÓËÃѺ»ÃÃà·Èä·ÂàÃÔèþٴ¶Ö§Çѹ¤ØéäÃçâÅ¡¤ÃÑé§áá àÃ×èÃ»Õ 2533 ¶×Ãà»ç¹¡ÒÃàÃÔèõ鹢çÊѧ¤Ãä·ÂÂؤà¾×èÃÊÔè§áÇ´ÅéÃà â´Â੾ÒÃËÅѧ¨Ò¡Ê׺ ¹Ò¤ÃàʶÕÂà ËÑÇ˹éÒࢵÃÑ¡ÉҾѹ¸ØìÊѵÇì»èÒËéÇ¢Òá¢é§¡Ã÷ÓÃѵÇÔ¹ÔºÒµ¡ÃÃà áÅÃàÃ×èÃÃÒ¨ÒÃÂìáÅùѡÈÖ¡ÉÒÃèÇáѹ 16 ʶҺѹä´é¨Ñ´§Ò¹Çѹ¤ØéäÃçâÅ¡¢Öé¹à¾×èÃóç¤ìãË餹ä·ÂàË繤ÇÒÃÊӤѭ¢Ã§»èÒ Ã¹ØÃÑ¡Éì áÅõÃÃ˹ѡ¶Ö§Çԡĵ¡Ò÷ÓÅÒÂÊѵÇì»èÒáÅûèÒäÃé»ÃÃà·Èä·Â 儤ÃÕ¡ÒèѴ§Ò¹à¾×èÃËҷعà¢éÒÃÙŹԸÔÊ׺¹Ò¤ÃàʶÕÂà à¾×èÃãªé㹡Òû¡»éçÃÑ¡ÉÒ¼×¹»èÒ ·Õèà»ç¹Ãô¡¢Ã§âÅ¡ÃÕ¡´éÇÂ

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the stock market stay green on earth day.

The only positive on the globall recession and falling stock market may well be that this period gives Mother Earth a little bit of temporary breathing space from the endemic, rampant consumption and destruction of the earth that we have all been engaging in these last decades?

Guest PMike
I will save water and pee in the shower today.

you should be doing that everyday... not just today.

But make sure to pee at the very beginning of the shower so that it get flushed properly...just doing my part to save the world!

good point, and as a note be careful when your partner is in there with you..

Earth Day in Thailand, began around 1990, the raise of environmental awareness in Thai society since Suuep Nakasathien, Huey Kha Khang forestry and wild life conservation department chief officer, committed suicide on September 1st 1990. Teachers and students from 16 universities, schools had formed an official Earth day to remind the significant of Thai forest and to conserve endangered species, there Suuep Nakasatien Foundation was founded.

Guest PMike
Earth Day in Thailand, began around 1990, the raise of environmental awareness in Thai society since Suuep Nakasathien, Huey Kha Khang forestry and wild life conservation department chief officer, committed suicide on September 1st 1990. Teachers and students from 16 universities, schools had formed an official Earth day to remind the significant of Thai forest and to conserve endangered species, there Suuep Nakasatien Foundation was founded.

how about just clean up the trash?

Teach people to use a garbage can.

I never understand why I as a farang put trash in the trash can and I see so many thais just drop it anyplace?

How about national clean up day?

that would be a better start

Why? Why??

The only positive on the globall recession and falling stock market may well be that this period gives Mother Earth a little bit of temporary breathing space from the endemic, rampant consumption and destruction of the earth that we have all been engaging in these last decades?

as in 'let's use the more expensive energy sources even though there's a recession'?

Administrative Professionals Day (North America)

formerly known as Secretary's Day, was created in 1952 through the work of Harry F. Klemfuss of Young and Rubicam. Klemfuss recognized the importance and value of the position to a company or business. His goal was to encourage more women to become secretaries, is an unofficial secular holiday observed in the United States on the Wednesday of the last full week of April, to recognize the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists, and other administrative support professionals.

Happy secretaries 8)

pwo0117l.jpg

World Book and Copyright Day - April 23

23 April: a symbolic date for world literature for on this date and in the same year of 1616, Cervantes, Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega all died. It is also the date of birth or death of other prominent authors such as Maurice Druon, K.Laxness, Vladimir Nabokov, Josep Pla and Manuel Mejía Vallejo. It was a natural choice for UNESCO's General Conference to pay a world-wide tribute to books and authors on this date, encouraging everyone, and in particular young people, to discover the pleasure of reading and gain a renewed respect for the irreplaceable contributions of those who have furthered the social and cultural progress of humanity.

The idea for this celebration originated in Catalonia where on 23 April, Saint George's Day, a rose is traditionally given as a gift for each book sold. The success of the World Book and Copyright Day will depend primarily on the support received from all parties concerned (authors, publishers, teachers, librarians, public and private institutions, humanitarian NGOs and the mass media), who have been mobilized in each country by UNESCO National Commissions, UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations, Associated Schools and Libraries, and by all those who feel motivated to work together in this world celebration of books and authors.

610x.jpg

a day for England...

and Aragon, Catalonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, and Russia.

Lot's of p*ssed up Englishmen in football tops shouting racist chants at immigrants while celebrating a Roman/Turkish soldier

Funnily enough, he is also the patron saint of skin disease sufferers and people with syphilis.

:D

a day for England...

and Aragon, Catalonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, and Russia.

Lot's of p*ssed up Englishmen in football tops shouting racist chants at immigrants while celebrating a Roman/Turkish soldier

Funnily enough, he is also the patron saint of skin disease sufferers and people with syphilis.

Now there's a wall we didn't build high enough, back in ya basket Scotsman.. :!:

a day for England...

Now there's a wall we didn't build high enough, back in ya basket Scotsman.. :!:

YOU didn't build??

Sorry, I never realised that there were Ancient Romans as members on TF!!!

And, just for historical accuracy, the wall wasn't built to keep the Scots out; that would have been a few centuries too early!! It may be the Picts you are thinking about... :wink:

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman are walking along the beach one day and come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it."I give you each one wish, that's three wishes in total", says the Genie.

The Irishman says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity, so that Ireland will never starve again." So, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlKaZoom" the oceans were teaming with fish.

The Englishman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that nothing will get in for all eternity. Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlkaZoom - POOF" there was a huge wall around England.

The Scotsman asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."

The Scotsman says, "Please fill it up with water."

YOU didn't build??

Sorry, I never realised that there were Ancient Romans as members on TF!!!

And, just for historical accuracy, the wall wasn't built to keep the Scots out; that would have been a few centuries too early!! It may be the Picts you are thinking about... :wink:

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman are walking along the beach one day and come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it."I give you each one wish, that's three wishes in total", says the Genie.

The Irishman says, "I am a fisherman, my Dad's a fisherman, his Dad was a fisherman and my son will be one too. I want all the oceans full of fish for all eternity, so that Ireland will never starve again." So, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlKaZoom" the oceans were teaming with fish.

The Englishman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around England, protecting her, so that nothing will get in for all eternity. Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye "AlkaZoom - POOF" there was a huge wall around England.

The Scotsman asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick, protecting England so that nothing can get in or out."

The Scotsman says, "Please fill it up with water."

Well i'm sure they shagged enough of us, and to be honest my nose is a little on the large side. However, i checked the family shrubbery and no Brians :D