Man Utd vs Arsenal

funky_house

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ,wait and see ,but i can allready tell that we will not have a new goalkeeper.Even with more money,a top world keeper will be too expensive for us.I think Wenger gonna focus on the defender and midback(i miss Flamini).But who know,he like to surprise people.

Well ,wait and see ,but i can allready tell that we will not have a new goalkeeper.Even with more money,a top world keeper will be too expensive for us.I think Wenger gonna focus on the defender and midback(i miss Flamini).But who know,he like to surprise people.

Oh I agree that a new keeper is unlikely, unless Kroenk surprises us all, takes over and injects a nice 100 mill for a budget (we can all dream). Never mind Flamini, he was inconsistent a lot of the time; what we need is another Viera.

The midfielder and defender is absolute priority (ideally we need 2 top defenders). But yes, we will wait and see. But...if nothing happens by August, then that's us f**ked till the January window, by which time it is too late.

Do we agree that Wenger, and the board, have one more season to succeed? Surely 5 trophyless seasons would be too miuch even for the most optimistic Gooner.

p.s Why is Chris so quiet? Thought he would have been on for a rant, or maybe he's had a Drogba style hissy fit (3 game ban minimum from UEFA methinks)

:D

Are the referee blind in Europe?

Yep they are.

Chelsea VS Barca... referee won the match.

Tom Ovrebo is a very nice man... :lol::lol:

Iain i support Barca too.. but not this way.

At least no "A legparnas hajom tele van angolnakkal" in the final. ;-)

Are the referee blind in Europe?

Yep they are.

Chelsea VS Barca... referee won the match.

Tom Ovrebo is a very nice man... :lol::lol:

Iain i support Barca too.. but not this way.

At least no "A legparnas hajom tele van angolnakkal" in the final. ;-)

what goes around comes around; with all the cheating, histrionics, academy award nominated dives etc from Chelski over the years, it was good to see decisions go against them. To quote the bible, 'tough sh*t'.

and how in the name of all that's holy could a hovercraft full of eels get into the CL final???? :shock: :? :roll:

Don't cry at least you get a european cup final not a english league match lol

that's what CL is made for, opposition between teams from different leagues.

And well, Chelsea had a little hope for the win cause they defended a lot and strictly applied Hiddink's methods, but with their arrogance Man U will play their own style, not defend as much, while Barca will keep the ball with a possession of 70% and stretch the defense by placing forwarders along the lines, and with talented players like Messi that's how ManU will lose

The best team won in both games

Karma.. Play **** football and u get **** luck

Couldn't wait till the ManU Barce game last CL but it was f**ked by tactics over 2 legs.

This time 1 game 1 winner... decider of the best team in the world and best footballer in the world

Now just to wait for the anticlimax

always fun to see the people change always about the team who have to play the final , for me what i saw this year , is barcelona the best team , they didnt play that well this game but as chelsea play and they have to play the final it will be very boring , very brave to play the 2 games with 9 people very defence , but yeah with a coach like hiddink , what can you expect , congratulations to barcelona to win the game

What I actually said was that Arsenal fans being happy with 4th place and reaching semi-finals is a reflection of mediocre expectations and that sort of mediocrity has no place at Ashburton Grove.

Iain usually ur do talk sense ... but now u r just talking absolute f**king bollocks !!! while i am NOT happy with ONLY being 4th in the premiership and reaching the semi finals of the CL to describe that as mediocre is f**king laughable. there's 16 clubs in the premiership and god knows how many in europe would love to be able to acheive that season after season after season !!!

Ciaran mate, we've had this argument before so no point doing it again. I agree totally that Wenger is one of the best managers we have had. And putting transfers in aside, a bone of contention I have had with him has been the '32' rule where he offloads players he sees as past their sell by date. Too many experienced players have left without replacements.

And saying people who call for his head should f*ck off and support someone else is anal and petulant. Are the fans not meant to criticise or something? Grow up mate. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how many of the fans back him; it is whoever controls the boardroom and, should Kroenke get that 1.7% of shares he needs to trigger an automatic takeover bid, I feel he might be looking at a new manager.

I more suggest that if you cannot handle dissent amongst the clubs support, perhaps you should be the one to f*ck off and support someone else!! :wink:

IF we were fighting relegation or treading water in mid table every season ... then i could understand, although not necessarily support, ppl having a pop at arsene ....but we r in the top f**king 4 every season, qualifying for the champions league knock out stages every season !!

ppl need to f**king wise up and realise we don't have any god given right to win silverware every season ... but at least we r challenging for it every season !! look at the money spent by spurs, man city, sunderland and even newcastle FFS !!!

supporters r meant to support their team through thick and thin .... not start whinging like spolit f**king brats because they have a few tough seasons !!

Ok, you stick with your favourite words being 'nearly' and 'almost. The rest of us will aim a bit higher...

:)

i must re-read my posts .... can't recall using the words 'nearly' and/or 'almost' that often !!! :roll:

sorry Nico, but b0llox. Those sort of mediocre expectations are all fine and well for mid table clubs, but not for a team with ambitions like Arsenal.

Maybe where we do need the change is in the boardroom, and maybe someone like Kroenke will inject the funds to match those ambitions. I don't want to end up like Chelski with the sign 3, hope 1 turns out good policy, nor do I want to see the ridiculous levels of debt Man Utd have. But this continual talk of not being able to afford better players is nonsense, especially when you look at the transfer balances over the last 5 years.

As I said to Ciaran, if you are happy with 4th in the league and with semi finals, then fine, but don't get all upset when fans who want to see the club grow complain about that mediocrity. :)

u know Iain for me u r part of what is so wrong with football nowadays .... so u don't want to do the chelski sign 3 and get 1 good 1 .... u don't want man ure's ridiculous levels of debt .... but u want us to go out and sign 2 or 3 proven, experienced top level players .... now just where the f**k is that money gonna come from !!! my understanding is that arsenal r currently around 200/300 million in debt from building the new stadium .... so where r all these f**king millions that arsene is refusing to spend !!!

article from 2006 ... the guardian's man U number 1 fan !! who now thinks fergie can walk on water !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/jul/31/sport.comment

It was John Cleese, in Clockwise, who said: "I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." Manchester United fans would beg to differ. Usually, the best thing about pre-season is the hope: reality's incisors have yet to pierce the gums of optimism, and fans can live off the balmy, often barmy belief that this is their year. For supporters of most of the other 91 English clubs, that's the mood right now. For United fans? Forget it. After three seasons of papering over the cracks, it seems most United fans are awaiting the moment that the fault lines tracing a veiny path across Old Trafford are exposed.

Almost everything about the club reeks of disarray. Owned by the Glazers, who push buttons from a remote hideaway like Dr Evil; run by a manager who shreds his legacy at every turn; almost exclusively represented by the inadequate (Darren Fletcher and Kieran Richardson) and the odious (Rio Ferdinand); unable to close a deal for West Brom's reserve keeper, never mind the new Roy Keane. The signing of Michael Carrick, a Pirlo when a Gattuso was needed, is a band aid for a bullet wound, and a ludicrously expensive one at that.

If anything, it's a surprise that United have bought anyone at all. This summer, they have been like a pathetic drunk lumbering across a dancefloor at 1.45am, trying to get off with everything that moves. No matter how many people they move in for - and if reports are to be believed, United have made offers for dozens of players - nobody wants to go near them. And the one person who surely would, Damien Duff, was allowed to slip into the arms of Newcastle for less than United paid for Patrice Evra. You couldn't make it up. You don't have to.

United finished second last season, but that as much about the deficiency of the Premiership as their own quality. Arsenal will surely not have a four-month blind spot this season, while all evidence suggests that Liverpool's gradient will continue on its upward trajectory. With Tottenham getting stronger, even with the loss of Carrick, it is conceivable that, if they start slowly and get significant injuries, United could finish fifth; in today's environment, that would be disastrous.

The problems are so obvious, so fundamental, as to be beggar belief that they have not been addressed. Just as the glory years of 1992 to 2001 will only fully be appreciated in 20 years' time, so will Ferguson's subsequent failure. It is particularly bewildering that a man who once exerted such an unyielding grip on every single aspect of the club that he had to be virtually coerced into delegating has let things slip to this extent. Take the Cristiano Ronaldo situation: Ferguson said recently that he had not even spoken to Ronaldo since the World Cup, a dereliction of duty that is in total contrast to the us-against-the-world protection that he gave to David Beckham - and for which, for a time, he was so thrillingly rewarded - in 1998.

Once upon a time Ferguson could play 'who blinks first' with fate and win every time, his iron will shaping his destiny exactly as he wanted. Now he is reduced to uttering garbage like "it's like having a new signing" of Paul Scholes, Ole Solskjaer, Gabriel Heinze and Alan Smith, the irrational if-I-say-it-enough-it-might-happen gibberish you'd associate with a serial loser like Kevin Keegan. These days, the man they call The Hairdryer is full of nothing but hot air.

Ferguson's squad, once so taut, is a baggy mess of has-beens, never-will-bes and Liam Miller. The simple repetition of 4-4-2, of Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Beckham, Cole and Yorke, has given way to myriad tactical and personnel changes, to a ruinous obsession with utility players and tinkering. It's a truly appalling fact that, with Ruud van Nistelrooy gone, none of United's outfield players have played in only one position at the club. A nadir was reached in the FA Cup game at Wolves last season, when nearly £60m of defensive and attacking talent (Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney) was used in the centre of midfield.

It is an increasingly inescapable conclusion that, unwittingly or otherwise, Ferguson is winding down, a prizefighter who no longer has the stomach or the wit for an admittedly enormous challenge which, once upon a time, he would have fervently inhaled. Like he did with Liverpool. Ferguson's almost maniacal yearning to "knock Liverpool off their ******* perch" was arguably the single most important factor in United's 1990s renaissance. It makes it all the more vicious an irony that, 10 years later, he should knock United off the perch he had made for them through increasingly rank mismanagement.

Indeed, it must irk him beyond belief that United are making exactly the same mistakes that Liverpool did: lack of pheromones in the transfer market; laughable, fall-back signings at suspicious and ridiculous prices; deluded ramblings ("we are as good as Chelsea, no question") - and, worst of all, a dressing-room where playing the field seems as important as playing the game. Liverpool's Spice Boys were bad, but they have nothing on Merk Berks like Ferdinand, Richardson and Wes Brown.

Ferguson has taken this end-of-an-empire template and, incredibly, managed to develop it: he's added a sprawling, outsized squad chock-full of obscenely well-paid deadwood; insultingly obvious spin that a two-year-old could see through (the Van Nistelrooy saga); economy with the truth (Ferguson ridiculed a journalist for saying that Paul Scholes had been scouting for United; a few days later Scholes confirmed the story); a coaching set-up that had Wayne Rooney playing wide for a season and turned Ronaldo from the world's most thrilling off-the-wall talent into a run-of-the-mill winger when he plays for United, as was confirmed by his liberated displays for Portugal at the World Cup.

Ferguson, an essentially honourable man, is partly suffering because of the impossibly high standards he set, and he carries the fatigued incomprehension of a man who is out of time. When he cites his favourite United team it is not the Treble-winners of 1999, but the Double-winners of 1994: Schmeichel, Bruce, Pallister, Ince, Keane, Hughes, Cantona, Robson - a team that dripped masculinity, who bonded over blockbusting Saturday-night sessions, who embodied the old-school values to which Ferguson can relate. Real men. The gentrification generation - sarong-wearing, pink champagne-swigging metrosexuals - are entirely beyond his comprehension. He could handle one, David Beckham, for a time before eventually giving up on him. Now he has a pack of them, for whom the hairdryer means only one thing - a trip to Toni & Guy. It is a different world. Ferguson probably doesn't even know what 'merk' means.

Everywhere, principles are being sacrificed. In years gone by Ferdinand - who for all his irrefutable ability is the type of character whose presence in a United shirt symbolises much of what has gone wrong with the club - would've been out the door faster than Paul Ince could say 'big-time Charlie', but now Ferguson can't afford to lose his only world-class defender. In years gone by he wouldn't have considered signing someone like Patrick Vieira, on grounds of age or character, but now he is left looking for someone, anyone, to appease the fans. In years gone by he would never have given a game to someone like John O'Shea, whose sole use is to put the podge in a hodgepodge midfield, or someone as meek as Darren Fletcher. In years gone by, he would never have sanctioned the mediocre football that, except for a few giddy weeks in the spring of 2003, United have played ever since Carlos Queiroz arrived in 2002 spouting gobbledygook disguised as continental sophistication.

And the thing is, it is only going to get worse: Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham have all made shrewd, cheap signings and are going in one direction. United are going the other way: they are hugely dependent on Ferdinand and Rooney, but no number of Carling Cup medals is going to sate their ambition. Then there is the Glazer factor, the full, inevitable horror of which is only just beginning to emerge. United fans think this season is going to be bad. It hasn't even started

well played Ciaran. i thought it well worth bringing up, that. didn't have links to specific articles saved (i only read about rags when i want to be in a bad mood on purpose; most of the time my bad moods come naturally so i don't bother).

but yeh they went through the same ****. a few breaks may well be all that separate a brilliant season from a crap one. and Arsene has made a few crap decisions, but he's also made some good ones (does no one but me rate Arshavin as an arse player?).. and then there are those breaks. what might have happened had Eduardo kept his leg (and mullet) intact? (not to mention cesc "i might be healthy for the last few games" fabregas).

in order to win trophies you have to be in a position to, and not Wenger, not Fergie, not the Special One, not van Gaal, not Hiddink--NO ONE--can guarantee trophies. (speaking of van Gaal, look how many times his Alkmaar side collapsed before winning the dutch league, and this is a guy who has won the cup with big ears).

up at the top of the table even when the teams may *seem* light years apart, a few small changes

fair enough to those who want to criticize Wenger, as there are a lot of things he got wrong in the last few seasons. fair enough also to those like Iaiaiaian who want him out, but honestly... WHO WOULD YOU HAVE INSTEAD????*

*if you want to swap wenger for mark hughes i suspect that can be worked out.

well played Ciaran. i thought it well worth bringing up, that. didn't have links to specific articles saved (i only read about rags when i want to be in a bad mood on purpose; most of the time my bad moods come naturally so i don't bother).

it was actually linked on a blog on the guardian yesterday .... bit off luck that !!

but yeh they went through the same sh*t. a few breaks may well be all that separate a brilliant season from a crap one. and Arsene has made a few crap decisions, but he's also made some good ones (does no one but me rate Arshavin as an arse player?).. and then there are those breaks. what might have happened had Eduardo kept his leg (and mullet) intact? (not to mention cesc "i might be healthy for the last few games" fabregas).

in order to win trophies you have to be in a position to, and not Wenger, not Fergie, not the Special One, not van Gaal, not Hiddink--NO ONE--can guarantee trophies. (speaking of van Gaal, look how many times his Alkmaar side collapsed before winning the dutch league, and this is a guy who has won the cup with big ears).

up at the top of the table even when the teams may *seem* light years apart, a few small changes

fair enough to those who want to criticize Wenger, as there are a lot of things he got wrong in the last few seasons. fair enough also to those like Iaiaiaian who want him out, but honestly... WHO WOULD YOU HAVE INSTEAD????*

*if you want to swap wenger for mark hughes i suspect that can be worked out.

well i think Iain may have mentioned jose's name once or twice, but i'm not sure he's the man for arsenal and i'm definitely NOT convinced anybody could have done any better than wenger working under the constraints he's had !!

but then again what would i know ... look how f**king how well spuds, man city, newcastle, sunderland etc have done chopping and changing managers !!!

Guest marty
have you actually been to watch arsenal? indeed have you been to london?

gloryseeker

Ciaran mate, we've had this argument before so no point doing it again. I agree totally that Wenger is one of the best managers we have had. And putting transfers in aside, a bone of contention I have had with him has been the '32' rule where he offloads players he sees as past their sell by date. Too many experienced players have left without replacements.

And saying people who call for his head should f*ck off and support someone else is anal and petulant. Are the fans not meant to criticise or something? Grow up mate. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how many of the fans back him; it is whoever controls the boardroom and, should Kroenke get that 1.7% of shares he needs to trigger an automatic takeover bid, I feel he might be looking at a new manager.

I more suggest that if you cannot handle dissent amongst the clubs support, perhaps you should be the one to f*ck off and support someone else!! :wink:

IF we were fighting relegation or treading water in mid table every season ... then i could understand, although not necessarily support, ppl having a pop at arsene ....but we r in the top f**king 4 every season, qualifying for the champions league knock out stages every season !!

ppl need to f**king wise up and realise we don't have any god given right to win silverware every season ... but at least we r challenging for it every season !! look at the money spent by spurs, man city, sunderland and even newcastle FFS !!!

supporters r meant to support their team through thick and thin .... not start whinging like spolit f**king brats because they have a few tough seasons !!

Agree,

Why asking the head of the coach when the team is still doing pretty well?

Going into the semifimal 2 time in 3 years is still pretty awsome,and when you look at the barclays leagues ,we are not doing to bad either.Yes we are trophy less,but when we look at the squad,it sound logical,and i cannot really blam Wenger for that.

Yes we need more money,but Wenger is not the one with the deep pocket.

sorry Nico, but b0llox. Those sort of mediocre expectations are all fine and well for mid table clubs, but not for a team with ambitions like Arsenal.

Maybe where we do need the change is in the boardroom, and maybe someone like Kroenke will inject the funds to match those ambitions. I don't want to end up like Chelski with the sign 3, hope 1 turns out good policy, nor do I want to see the ridiculous levels of debt Man Utd have. But this continual talk of not being able to afford better players is nonsense, especially when you look at the transfer balances over the last 5 years.

As I said to Ciaran, if you are happy with 4th in the league and with semi finals, then fine, but don't get all upset when fans who want to see the club grow complain about that mediocrity. :)

mate, before you open your mouth and spout sh*t, check facts first. Yes, I have been to see Arsenal, at both Highbury and the Emirates. First time was when I was 9 years old, so I think a 34 year history of attending matches and slighly longer supporting, gives me the right to express an opinion. ****.

:evil:

****? how charming. you have no class and you are sounding more ridicolous with every post. you are also becoming more isolated.

arsenal have no devine right to win anything, or to occupy a champions league spot every season. your arrogance overwhelms me. you sound just like a manchester united fan. glory glory. noone else can come in to your elite little band of four.

so you've been twice. big deal. you are going to look very stupid when wenger turns it around. the problems at arsenal are all in the boardroom. there is a power struggle and there are opposite factions. this is not good. there is also a new stadium to be paid for. these two factors override any silly knee-jerk reaction that you are proposing. evidence suggests it is better to stick with what you have got. wenger is a great manager and he WILL turn it around.

look at the money that has been spent elsewhere. it doesn't guarantee success (city, spuds, leeds, liverpool, et al)

you have a right to voice an opinion but yours your opinion neans nothing. nothing at all. because clearly you do not know what you are talking about.

with respect - you have a nice day up there in glasgow, iain.

marty

feck's sake we should rename this website "arsenal friends" or som'n.

www.dryyoureyesfriends.com

ah sorry didn't know there already was an arsenalfriends.

ZBH sorry but some of us follow clubs with a passion...unlike you who just follow the Toxic hero and supports the clubs he's affiliated with....maybe Deportivo Walter Ferretti rather than Man City next season???

B) well my, my my. that toxin line was a cheap shot. i'm a no fan of toxin, i've always made that clear, and YOU. KNEW. THAT. is this cheap shot a demonstration of your "passion"? great demonstration of character, that. hopefully your mommy will be by to pick up your toys for your next demonstration of character. given the sophistication demonstrated in your last post, you're probably unaware that the club wont' consult you personally if someone wants to buy arsenal either. if karma really works... and in the astronomically unlikely event that your "passion" matters... you lot will finally have a transfer budget next year--when Kim Jong-Il buys your club.

I did wonder about that myself. Couldn't recall any glowing posts from you re Toxin, and could not see you as a closet supporter.

Kim Jong Il?? Hmmm, could work, just fire some missiles at the opposition's bus and win by default.

most likely Lizardo intended the toxin line as banter rather than as a cheap shot, but i do feel a need to make it perfectly clear that it is coloring WAY outside the lines.

now i suppose "glory hunter" might be a fairer accusation from anyone but a United supporter--although i have a hard time imagining a universe where cheering Stuart Pearce's squad on as they fight relegation counts as glory hunting.

propers to English Bob btw as he seems to be the one of the few (percentage-wise) United supporters who consistently knows when the club he supports have a match on (typical "supporters" can be found proudly wearing the shirt while shopping at tesco--during a United match, which they are blissfully unaware is even happening.)

perhaps 'glory hole hunter' would have been more of a barb? :wink:

Dear Zeus...twas merely a little jibe to rattle your cage...break your balls...etc etc...i in no way meant to suggest that you still claim Toxin as the saviour and spiritual leader of your people.

Dear Zeus...twas merely a little jibe to rattle your cage...break your balls...etc etc...i in no way meant to suggest that you still claim Toxin as the saviour and spiritual leader of your people.

if by "savior and spiritual leader" you mean "sugar daddy" then yeh whatever. we gots us a better one now.

face it pro sports clubs are *all* gold-digging sluts. by golly it's the system and it's working (in my favor at the moment).

Ciaran - you maybe right. I do get rather carried away when it comes to the Gooners. As I'm sure you can, I remember the times when we were pretty boll0cks and not winning too much, then Wenger came along and transformed not only our fortunes but also our style of play (see, I do like the dour French b*stard really).

Now I know what you're saying about total debt but much of that debt with regard to the Emirates is long term fixed rate bonds and, with our matchday income, is reckoned to be cleared by 2030. Our debt also includes the bank loans for redeveloping Highbury into housing. Granted, the speed with which we will see returns on that has been affected by the recession, but most of the development has been sold to overseas parties who see it as buy to let investments so there is no real problem with the cash flow on that aspect.

But I have never said I expected a huge transfer budget while we adjust; but you have to admit that Wenger has left some money unspent each year; even if he had bought 2 players at say 20 mill each over the last 4 years (the strong midfielder and centre back that is often bandied about) our finances could have coped.

But I have calmed down from my initial rants after the loss on Tuesday. I do think money will be released over the summer, no matter what happens in the potential takeover, and I think Wenger has accepted that players have to come in. I also accept that we would be hard pressed to find a tactician and talent spotter as good as Arsene is. (though off at a tangent, and I address this question to you Ciaran; is it only me that sometimes find his choice of leaving substitutions to very late in the game frustrating sometimes?)

So I will shut up about getting rid of Arsene, at least until this time next year, though hope you would concede that should we find ourselves in the same position 12 months from now, you might start thinking even slightly differently.

Marty - firstly, an apology for the **** comment. It was rude and rudeness has no place on TF. However, I do get annoyed when people make assumptions and statements without knowing all the facts.

Even in your reply you go 'so you've been twice, big deal'. Mate I don't have to list every game I have attended. Sure, it's a bit more difficult to do from Glasgow, but was in Hull for 3 years prior to this which made regular home and aways a lot more easy. Given I can get the occasional (around 3 or 4 a season) free tickets and will try and do as many of the northern away games as I can (basically anywhere north of Manchester) then I feel I do a lot better than many 'distance' fans.

I would also disagree with you that my views are becoming more isolated and ridiculous - surf any of the Arsenal related message boards and you will sense a growing tide of discontent.

You are completely right; we, or for that matter any other team, have no divine right to win or to qualify for Europe...but it is expected from the current 'top 4'. I say current because I feel that over the coming few years that 'Top 4' group will be severely challenged. More and more foreign investment will eventually close the gap between the other 16 teams in the premiership and the 4 'elite' clubs of the moment.So we should be seeking glory every year especially as it is only going to get more difficult as time passes.

Hey, if Wenger turns it around then I don't mind looking stupid, but I still feel the only way he CAN turn it around is by spending money. Other than his sometimes bizarre substitution habits, I highly rate Wenger as a tactician and as a developer of talent. And as I have said to Ciaran I have not been advocating spending silly money, but some transfer kitty has remained unspent over the last few years. At no pint (other than a dream aside regarding Kroenke injecting a 100 mill transfer kitty) have I advocated a silly season on transfers at Ashburton Grove. But gaps need to be plugged and that costs money.

I don't see the boardroom as being a current problem as far as the team are concerned. It seems pretty bloody obvious that Kroenke will reach the 30% required to trigger an automatic takeover attempt. Usmanov seems to have lost a little bit of steam over the last 2 years since his last shares spree, while Kroenke has gathered steam. Most of the major shareholders seem to be in favour of Kroenke so I predict that the takeover will be pretty much a bloodless coup.(mind you with Russian billionaires, predicting their behaviour can be risky!)

Of course all these words are pointless since I clearly don't know what I am talking about, well according to you. Sorry mate, but I think I do, at least to an extent. I may not know every figure on our balance books and every thought in Wenger's head, but I have one hell of a passion for my team, and granted, sometimes that passion makes me rant a little bit, but surely that passion is an integral part of the game?

But i feel as a lifelong fan I am entitled to those rants and opinions. Trust me, if Wenger buys some players and goes out and wins 2 trophies next season, I will be one of the first to shout his name from the rooftops. He transformed us as a team and I hope that this time next year I am posting on here about how great his tactics were in winning a CL semi final.

And I do think injuries really harmed our league prospects this year, but those injuries highlighted the lack of depth that is often our undoing. Perhaps if we had not had so many injuries to so many major players, the league table might read a bit differently. But if life was made of ifs and maybes...

oh, and if Kroenke does get in, can he bring back David Dein?? :)

face it pro sports clubs are *all* gold-digging sluts. by golly it's the system and it's working (in my favor at the moment).

i've always been a gold-digging slut ... but it's never worked in my favour !! :roll:

that's because you're ugly.

see, it works for football clubs because football is "the beautiful game." or at least because a lot of filthy rich people bought that line. how a game with Rooney, Tevez and Ribery can be called "beautiful" is beyond me and more than a little alarming.

...However, I do get annoyed when people make assumptions and statements without knowing all the facts.

seeing how often you log onto TF, you must be the biggest f*ckin' masochist on the planet.

yip. That statement was almost as ironic as me saying rudeness had no place on TF...

...However, I do get annoyed when people make assumptions and statements without knowing all the facts.

seeing how often you log onto TF, you must be the biggest f*ckin' masochist on the planet.

yip. That statement was almost as ironic as me saying rudeness had no place on TF...

i just wanted to highlight it in a quotebox as it's one of the most outlandish things ever said on TF.