Man Utd vs Arsenal

funky_house

Maybe time to stock up on Brits. Man U has more British players then the other top 4 teams. I remember the days when Arsenal was a British football club :wink:

Arsenal is/was an english football club not british. Man U is now american owned, Chelski russian owned, Liverpool american owned, Villa american owned, West Ham owned by a bankrupt icelandic guy .... not many english/british clubs left in the premiership these days Neo !!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor,rumor:

Wenger want to buy Matuidi(defensive medfield)and he is also looking for Edin Dzeko.

Matuidi is the priority of Wenger and it think he gonna have him.The guy is real good and will be a damm good recrue for team.I dont know Edin Dzeko but i hope for the best.

think we should wait and see how the Madrid rumours pan out before anything.

About the only thing that's looking almost certain is Adebayor's departure.

:roll:

when you talk about Madrid rumor,you talk about Fabregas and Wenger?

Well, primarily Wenger. If he goes, so will Cesc. If he stays, so will Cesc. Cause and effect Nico, cause and effect.

:)

A sign of the times? I took this at Central World yesterday;

SANY0761.jpg

A sign of the times? I took this at Central World yesterday;

SANY0761.jpg

probably getting rid of this years kit, ready for the f**king rip off ... i mean launch of next seasons new strip. selling for about 50 quid or 2,500 baht !!!

which will probably be available in MBK for around 350 baht before the arsenal shop in central world has it !!

Rumor,rumor:

Wenger want to buy Matuidi(defensive medfield)and he is also looking for Edin Dzeko.

Matuidi is the priority of Wenger and it think he gonna have him.The guy is real good and will be a damm good recrue for team.I dont know Edin Dzeko but i hope for the best.

think we should wait and see how the Madrid rumours pan out before anything.

About the only thing that's looking almost certain is Adebayor's departure.

:roll:

just about every website i've seen it the last few days is quoting Arsene's "war chest" for new signings as 13-15 million quid plus whatever he raises through sales :!: :!: :roll: :roll:

some have even said wage increases will also have to come from this budget !! :( :cry:

with that f**king level of investment we'll be lucky to hold onto a top 4 place !!

thing is Ciaran mate, all these reports in papers and on websites are 100% speculation!! The official line from the chairman and the board is that he will have whatever funds Wenger deems necessary to improve the squad over the summer, but they refuse to disclose how much!!

So, without a real figure, all these ar*sehole journos are sitting in offices and working out what the average transfer kitty blah blah blah is....

In other word, we wont know how much he has had to spend till the window shuts and we see how much he has spent!!!

(if he's not at Madrid by then) :wink:

• 3 months later...
Gunners revenge coming tonight! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm nervous about this one... not a convincing start to the season for Man Utd, although the Wigan result was a relief.

Still, Arsenal's not without their problems. And Liverpool have demonstrated that you can never take anything for granted... (actually Burnley also demonstrated that!)

Every year I read the same headlines - "Man Utd's worst start to the season.", "Is it all over for Fergie?"

Remember last year? TERRIBLE START! I felt like we'd finish outside the top 5 after the first few weeks.

Fergie's genius has always been to build a team from the players he has. He can combine players into winning partnerships. Hopefully he can do it again this year!

Losing referees Riley and Styles worse than losing Ronaldo, says Ferguson

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed that recently retired referees Mike Riley and Rob Styles are a bigger loss to his team than departed Cristiano Ronaldo.

United stuttered through an unconvincing 1-0 opening day victory against Premier League new-boys Birmingham City, and Ferguson?s men were clearly missing the threat normally posed by compliant match officials.

Despite a win secured by a Wayne Rooney goal, Ferguson was less than pleased with how his team had coped with the new refereeing roster.

?A win is a win, but the nature of the victory was more than a little concerning,? said Ferguson in the post-match press conference.

?People will point to the 20-odd goals you could expect from Cristiano, but nobody ever mentions the sterling work done by Riley and Styles in creating those goals.?

?Those guys were real team players, the unsung heroes of much of our success.?

?They would contribute all over the pitch, not just with favourable penalty decisions in both areas, but with 50/50 challenges all over the pitch,?

?There is also the awarding of free-kicks in shooting range and the numerous goal line clearances.?

?But most of all, I think we?ll miss their uncanny ability to make the game seem longer than it?s meant to be when we really, really needed it.?

Referees

A Premier League official has reacted to Sir Alex?s claims by leaping to the defence of the new referees.

?They?re just learning the ropes, and obviously don?t yet know the Premier League hierarchy that?s currently in place.?

?But we?ve invested heavily in their development and they?ll be up to speed soon enough, it?s just a matter of gaining the right experience.?

?And nothing gives you that experience like being subjected to a 96th minute spittle-infused rant from Sir Alex.?

?After that, I am sure they will be significantly more compliant.?

:lol:

Hmmm I don't know how I feel...

I'm glad of the win, obviously.

But we were hardly convincing. The first half belonged to Arsenal. MOST of the second half belonged to United.

How about the goals?

Arshavin - brilliant... a wonder goal.

Penalty? Hmmm I suppose so... technically. But Rooney was looking for that foul all the way into the box. Not really in the spirit of the game.

Own goal? Well, that was a gift! No way should that have happened. He was under no pressure and had acres of space. Big shock and gratefully received.

Offside decision at the end? Again... technically Gallas was offside when the first ball was played in. I didn't see it until the replays.

But when the ball went in, I was resigned... "Oh well, Arsenal deserve at least a point." The offside decision was another surprise.

In the 30 minutes United dominated (except for that disallowed goal), but missed at least TWO easy shots - one from Berbatov (which I expect) and one from Nani (which I don't).

Conclusion - as a Man U supporter, I'm happy with the win. Commiserations to Arsenal who deserved better. And fingers crossed we play better in future!

Hmmm I don't know how I feel...

I'm glad of the win, obviously.

But we were hardly convincing. The first half belonged to Arsenal. MOST of the second half belonged to United.

How about the goals?

Arshavin - brilliant... a wonder goal.

Penalty? Hmmm I suppose so... technically. But Rooney was looking for that foul all the way into the box. Not really in the spirit of the game.

Own goal? Well, that was a gift! No way should that have happened. He was under no pressure and had acres of space. Big shock and gratefully received.

Offside decision at the end? Again... technically Gallas was offside when the first ball was played in. I didn't see it until the replays.

But when the ball went in, I was resigned... "Oh well, Arsenal deserve at least a point." The offside decision was another surprise.

In the 30 minutes United dominated (except for that disallowed goal), but missed at least TWO easy shots - one from Berbatov (which I expect) and one from Nani (which I don't).

Conclusion - as a Man U supporter, I'm happy with the win. Commiserations to Arsenal who deserved better. And fingers crossed we play better in future!

very fair summary mate. penalty was a penalty, and we can hardly complain after Eduardo's theatrics the other night.

Diaby? Said it before, I'll say it again; he's a liability and a less than average player.

Offside? Hm, yes Gallas was, but seen similar incidents passed by.

Do think if Fabregas had been involved, it may have been a different story, but life is full of might have beens.

It's the difference between champions and also rans sometimes; that little twist of fate and luck.

:(

Four years ago I watched the FA cup final against Arsenal. We played them off the field for 2 hours (extra time) and had a perfectly good Rio Ferdinand goal disallowed (and those are like rocking horse ****!)

Then we lost 5-4 on penalties.

There was a braying Arsenal supporter who had spent the previous 2 hours with his head in his hands bemoaning his team's performance.

After Arsenal STOLE the cup from us in the worst way possible he stood in the pub jeering and taunting Man U supporters. I had a huge internal struggle not to give in to violence (difficult to understand the frustration if you're not a supporter).

Eventually I didn't stomp him into the ground, but I hated Arsenal for that one guy's attitude.

Tonight's result doesn't make up for that. But part of me is hoping he was watching and crying into his beer....

Now I'm mature, I can say things like - "To the decent, mature Arsenal supporters, I wish 'Better luck next time'." - but I'd have given a lot to be in HIS bar tonight and dancing round him with my 'bird' fingers up saying, "Remember Gulliver's 2005, a**hole?"

Ciaran and Iain - your guys deserved better tonight. Of course I wanted to win, but a penalty and an own goal is like the consolation prize in an inner-city church tombola.... better luck next time.

After Arsenal STOLE the cup from us in the worst way possible he stood in the pub jeering and taunting Man U supporters. I had a huge internal struggle not to give in to violence (difficult to understand the frustration if you're not a supporter).

Eventually I didn't stomp him into the ground, but I hated Arsenal for that one guy's attitude.

Tonight's result doesn't make up for that. But part of me is hoping he was watching and crying into his beer....

Now I'm mature, I can say things like - "To the decent, mature Arsenal supporters, I wish 'Better luck next time'." - but I'd have given a lot to be in HIS bar tonight and dancing round him with my 'bird' fingers up saying, "Remember Gulliver's 2005, a**hole?".

A 'mature football supporter' is an oxymoran whatever your code or where ever you cheer. Supporting a football team does strange things to even the most mature, enlightened and mentally stable person.

It would be nice to support a team that does not have a bunch of wanker supporters but perhaps that only exists in Singapore!

Old Trafford deluxe last night huh!

Great finish but pity the script didnt play out for the Gunners. Wenger played his role to perfection to the end.

hahaha they made him go stand in the crowd..... what the f*ck were they doing?

I had the impression that the ref said to him that he should go and translate his French swearing to some of the scum supporters in the stands.

What was the ref thinking given that there was only a few seconds left in the game? I think Wenger did well by acting/being confused and thus highlight the sending off as a bit of a silly farce.