The Obama Effect??

Stramash

billmaher.jpg

we talking about the same guy?

This Bill Maher?

religulousonesheet.jpg

William "Bill" Maher, Jr. (pronounced /ˈmɑr/; born January 20, 1956) is an American stand-up comedian, television host, social and political commentator, and author. Before his current role as the host of HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, Maher hosted a similar late-night talk show called Politically Incorrect on Comedy Central and later on ABC.

Maher is known for his political satire and sociopolitical commentary. His commentaries target a wide swath of topics: religion, politics, bureaucracies of many kinds, political correctness, the mass media, greed among people and persons in positions of high political and social power, among many others. He supports the legalization of marijuana and gay marriage and serves on the board of PETA.[1] He is also a critic of religion and is an advisory board member of The Reason Project.

Yeah, he's a real righty. He and Pam Anderson would fit right in with Bill 0'Reilly and Sarah Palin. lol The old Guard of the GOP right there. hahahaha :wink:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=59053548

lol moores still out there as well tryn to put in his 2cents on the way we r gettin a giant ceo shaft up the rear

Nice to see someone getting some airtime about how people are getting shafted. Mayer and Moore are about the only ones with some media clout whos voices are heard against the back drop of Political BS.

saw the Family Guy episode where Lois gets a job with Fox News and is tasked to prove that Michael Moore is a homosexual in order to discredit him - she sees Rush Limbaugh leaving Moore's house and tells the Fox editors she has the scoop on them being a couple - of course the Fox editors spike the story as it was ok to discredit Moore but not Limbaugh!!! Then she sneaks into Moores house and sees Limbaugh getting out a Michael Moore costume - the 2 are one and the same!!!!

Now that would be funny!!!

oh and turned out that Limbaugh wasn't really Limbaugh; it was Fred Savage pretending to be both of them!!! :lol:

I think Obama is doing ok.

I'll take a wait and see approach, though,

agree 100 percent so far...

because aside from talking...he's done absolutely nothing. Unless you count TV appearances and speech making as something.

i think he's done things--arguably quite a bit--but the things he's done will take quite a while before we see how they turned out.

i think where he'll get himself in trouble is where he's left room for optimism about the economy. i suppose what he's trying to do there is bootstrap a bit--if optimism catches on it can become a recovery (grossly oversimplified i know, but...) problem is, if the economy doesn't improve it hurts him a lot more than if he stays on message that it is going to suck forever. pessimism would play as realism in my opinion. blaming dubya more often, rightly or wrongly, would be the sensible move politically (blaming the other guy is such a great approach to politics but kinda makes you wonder if these guys ever feel like they need an extra shower doesn't it).

two things make me laugh and/or cry, just in general:

1) politicians really do believe they can steer an economy. i suppose we need them to believe this, as what they do has an effect (for better or worse, but.. meh).

2) whether the Obama presidency turns out well or turns poorly there will be a bunch of ideologues lined up to tell us all how much it proves they were correct. even though the only kind of argument an ideologue can string together is one that's back-engineered from the answer they want to believe.

I can't really disagree with you, Zeus.

That's no f*cking fun!

I am glad to see my covert harmonisation policy started at the beginning of the year is beginning to produce results.

Now all we need is you and Bej snogging and all will be well (if slightly disturbing)

:twisted:

Zeus isn't hard to get along with. He will hack at anyone who he feels is talkin out their butt. And encourages a good debate if he sees some merit......

That's no f*cking fun!

I am glad to see my covert harmonisation policy started at the beginning of the year is beginning to produce results.

Now all we need is you and Bej snogging and all will be well (if slightly disturbing)

There are things that would surprise the devil. lol

That's no f*cking fun!

A disturbing picture.

I suspect there is more chance of Netty and Ahmadinejad having a snog and thereafter openly declaring their love by getting married in a rural Texas catholic church.

That's no f*cking fun!

Now all we need is you and Beej snogging and all will be well (if slightly disturbing)

i just threw up in my mouth.

That's no f*cking fun!

Now all we need is you and Beej snogging and all will be well (if slightly disturbing)

i'm struggling to see how Iain can use the word "slightly" in that comment !!!

That's no f*cking fun!

well the guy had a profile sexchange so...................

That's no f*cking fun!

no, I had a user name change.

and trust me; even if I was the campest, most rainbow loving, Judy Garland record collecting gay man, or the girliest girl, that is one sight that would guarantee abstinence from all forms of sexual action.

and Ciaran, I only used 'slightly' as the first impression would be one of unrestrained mirth at the 2 miost unlikely bum friends in the world getting it on...

:D

To my american friends who arent hypnotised zombies from fox or cnn or aljazeera, msnbc, bbc.... WHATEVER

dont think for one second all the **** goin on in iran cant happen on our front lawn

some times

i kinda wonder why they seem to b cleanin all the guns up in the major cities?

fortifying police stations, national gaurd stations and even fire stations ...

and seem to stop buildin schools .... but everywhere seem to be building new jails, prisons, correctional facilities, n asylums?

and why new legislation is being throw around n ppl care more about, swine flu or some celebs vag on the tv?

To my american friends who arent hypnotised zombies from fox or cnn or aljazeera, msnbc, bbc.... WHATEVER

dont think for one second all the sh*t goin on in iran cant happen on our front lawn

some times

and seem to stop buildin schools .... but everywhere seem to be building new jails, prisons, correctional facilities, n asylums?

and why new legislation is being throw around n ppl care more about, swine flu or some celebs vag on the tv?

shhhh go back to sleep sleep sleep

dont think for one second all the sh*t goin on in iran cant happen on our front lawn

some times

shhhh go back to sleep sleep sleep

Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz .o0O dreamin that America is the best place on earth

ahhhh the dreams

awwww to bad i made my home here in Thailand..... ^^

That's no f*cking fun!

no, I had a user name change.

and trust me; even if I was the campest, most rainbow loving, Judy Garland record collecting gay man, or the girliest girl, that is one sight that would guarantee abstinence from all forms of sexual action.

and Ciaran, I only used 'slightly' as the first impression would be one of unrestrained mirth at the 2 miost unlikely bum friends in the world getting it on...

:D

Why did u change yr name?

• 1 month later...
Confidence in Obama Lifts U.S. Image Around the World

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=264

that's the interesting thing about this guy. like Reagan, he's a great 'image president.' even if you hated Reagan's policies you have to admit the guy inspired confidence.

sure the policies are different but in terms of presentation i suspect Obama cribbed quite a bit from the Reagan playbook. to my eye, it's working fairly well.

that's the interesting thing about this guy. like Reagan, he's a great 'image president.' even if you hated Reagan's policies you have to admit the guy inspired confidence.

sure the policies are different but in terms of presentation i suspect Obama cribbed quite a bit from the Reagan playbook. to my eye, it's working fairly well.

no counter point here zeus I agree....ditto very well said..

The president really is just a representative. He is a public figure intended to keep things positive and in perspective for his/her people.

Obama is doing a great job in that role. Doing the actual work and getting things done is someone else's job.

the president's role extends to choosing the people to manage the actual work...

this is something that some presidents (Reagan, Obama) seem to do well and some definitely have done very poorly (Dubya).

Its possible he read up on Reagan as he is likely well read but I think he possesses a natural charisma as did Reagan.