TF Fantasy Football 2009/10

Stramash

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sh*t week...

The only consolation is that the Gooners got D I C K E D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

cock.

But...utterly spanked; The Gunners lacked any physical threat to Chelski whatsoever. League pretty much put paid to, again, and all the Arsenal fans will be wondering if there will be any January purchases to at least ensure a Top 4 finish.

:cry:

Couldn't argue with Peter Gill on 365 this week as he made virtually every point i made to the wife this morning in the car and by SMS to mates all night.

Is everyone fighting for 2nd pre-f*cking-christmas!!

Argument number one: Time's up for Arsene's way...

kitty must have really enjoyed the trip this morning !!! :D:D

where the f**k is the money ?? we must have got close to 40 million for toure and adebayor, but only spent 10 million on Vermaelen .... so a team that didn't even come close to competing for the title last season, sells a top class striker and centre half and buys a top class centre half. how the f**k is that gonna help close the gap !!! every season since we moved to the emirates we have been selling one of ur best players and not replacing them !! a blind man can see we need a tony adams/martin keown type centre half and a patrick viera type midfielder ... but do we have the money to buy them ??

* As a tactician, Wenger continues to fall short. Sir Alex Ferguson revealed the way to stop Chelsea at the start of the month when he deployed a five-man midfield and instructed Antonio Valencia to curb Ashley Cole. Wenger failed his team by failing to heed the lesson, and, in the mistaken belief that Chelsea would change their formation to counter Arsenal's, had to watch his side being undone by two first-half goals assisted by the liberated Cole.

and here was me thinking chelski beat man ure that day !! :shock: :shock:

the phrase 'I told you so' springs to mind, but it was 'No, no, Arsene will deliver this season...'

:(

i don't think so Iain .... i was always worried we would struggle again this year. didn't see how we could hope to challenge with (essentially) the same squad as last year.

what we disagreed on was whether or not arsene actually had any money available to spend !! from what i've read and seen quoted in the past it would appear that NO there isn't money available ... if there is then YES we should have been strenghtening the team/squad !!

the phrase 'I told you so' springs to mind, but it was 'No, no, Arsene will deliver this season...'

i don't think so Iain .... i was always worried we would struggle again this year. didn't see how we could hope to challenge with (essentially) the same squad as last year.

what we disagreed on was whether or not arsene actually had any money available to spend !! from what i've read and seen quoted in the past it would appear that NO there isn't money available ... if there is then YES we should have been strenghtening the team/squad !!

surely at the very least, Arsene should abandon his phobia of older players and get Viera's arse back to London in January??

And should Kroenke launch a takeover and pump some cash in?

surely at the very least, Arsene should abandon his phobia of older players and get Viera's arse back to London in January??

with Viera it's hard to know Iain ... he's getting no game time at Inter and seems to be increasingly injury prone .... which i think tony adams suggested might happen to him because of his style of play and running (not sure how he f**king figured that one out !!!). but how we could do with a younger version of Paddy ... again rumour has it we were after essien, but once chelski came in we just couldn't compete financially !!!! now what kind of difference would he make to our team !! :roll: :roll:

i don't mind somebody pumping cash in, but hopefully we don't go down the Man U / Liverpool route of loading the club with massive debts. Man U seem to be coping OK, but Liverpool looks like an accident waiting to happen !!!

with Viera it's hard to know Iain ... he's getting no game time at Inter and seems to be increasingly injury prone .... which i think tony adams suggested might happen to him because of his style of play and running (not sure how he f**king figured that one out !!!). but how we could do with a younger version of Paddy ... again rumour has it we were after essien, but once chelski came in we just couldn't compete financially !!!! now what kind of difference would he make to our team !! :roll: :roll:

i don't mind somebody pumping cash in, but hopefully we don't go down the Man U / Liverpool route of loading the club with massive debts. Man U seem to be coping OK, but Liverpool looks like an accident waiting to happen !!!

It is interesting reading the Gill article and the well known comments of the problems with Arsenal vis-a-vis youth and the lack of pruchases of experienced players.

Priot to 2 weeks ago I watched Football Focus, read articles in the Guardian and english press all of which waxed lyrical with awe at the football the Gunners had been playing and their range of attacking options. More than a few football journos stated that the Gunners were playing the best football around. Many did referred to defensive problems, weakness at corners and of course the issue of the goal keeper.

I defer to you guys as your more knowlegdeable than me on the Gunners and football in general. But I didn't expect we would win the Chelski game with all the players out injured. The defence was looking frail and a 1 goal loss or a draw would have been excellent in the circumstances. Face it, everyone that should have stood up in that game didn't, most were out to lunch yet we still had a few chances.

The Sunderland game was a huge one to lose but assuming we don't have a long run of injuries the team still looks good to finish 2nd or 3rd in the EPL, make the Carling Cup final, do well in the FA and still play better in Europe with a semi a good chance. We are not doing a Liverpool are imploding. I still think we are doing well, another experienced defender is clearly needed in Jan, but the next 2 games against Liverpool and Man City in the Cup will tell.

make the Carling Cup final.

this one I highly doubt; Wenger will, as usual, stick with his stated Carling Cup policy of playing the younger players with only a couple of seniors like Silvestre to beef the squad out. It is a good policy for blooding the youngsters, but tonight they will come up against a Man Shitty squad which will in all likelihood be around 90% first team. The new owners want a chance at silverware to justify the expenditure.

:)

this one I highly doubt; Wenger will, as usual, stick with his stated Carling Cup policy of playing the younger players with only a couple of seniors like Silvestre to beef the squad out. It is a good policy for blooding the youngsters, but tonight they will come up against a Man sh*tty squad which will in all likelihood be around 90% first team. The new owners want a chance at silverware to justify the expenditure.

no one is fooled by Carling Cup glory! I would like to win it with the kids but i bet no one bet on us not going out last night

yeh last night's result was about as tough to predict as liverpool v. city.

this one I highly doubt; Wenger will, as usual, stick with his stated Carling Cup policy of playing the younger players with only a couple of seniors like Silvestre to beef the squad out. It is a good policy for blooding the youngsters, but tonight they will come up against a Man sh*tty squad which will in all likelihood be around 90% first team. The new owners want a chance at silverware to justify the expenditure.

no one is fooled by Carling Cup glory! I would like to win it with the kids but i bet no one bet on us not going out last night

yeh last night's result was about as tough to predict as liverpool v. city.

There never was a single doubt, except perhaps in the bizarre universe known as Wengerworld. What was disappointing was the throwing of the dolly from the pram at the end as Wenger refused to shake hands with Mark 'when do I get my P45?' Hughes.

What ole garlic breath forgets is that there is no rule to say you have to play your youth players in the Carling Cup. While his policy is admirable, and the youngsters need to taste defeat and disappointment (to prepare them for when they graduate to the first team), it does not win trophies. It was always obvious Shitty would play a full strength side; their side of expensive flops have disappointed this season, and the Sheikhs must be getting itchy sandals at their form, pictures of a trophy will look great in Sandland.

Wenger should have matched Shitty with his team choice, but Wenger's huge problem is he is a stubborn old French b*stard, and is not prepared to reflect on where his policies and tactics are flawed.

Sack the b*stard. (or move him upstairs to 'technical dirctor')

:twisted:

They were shocking! A defeat to Liverpool this weekend will all but seal a crisis in the club. I also bet no one saw Chelske getting beat.

What ole garlic breath

Bravo!!! clap clap

You did your best on this one, just 100 % pure racist and anti french.I know you like to have fun and make some french jokes once in a while(acctually it s quite often), but this one is probably your best work again Wenger and the french comunity in general.

I do not know if i am a nice guy or not but i am bore of your racisme again the French and you reach my limit(yes even a french men can have his limit), so i will really advice you to not come to my party this december because it will may not end well for you.And do not call it a joke,calling Wenger a ole garlic breath is just not right,it is offensive and unfunny.

There never was a single doubt, except perhaps in the bizarre universe known as Wengerworld. What was disappointing was the throwing of the dolly from the pram at the end as Wenger refused to shake hands with Mark 'when do I get my P45?' Hughes.

What ole garlic breath forgets is that there is no rule to say you have to play your youth players in the Carling Cup. While his policy is admirable, and the youngsters need to taste defeat and disappointment (to prepare them for when they graduate to the first team), it does not win trophies. It was always obvious sh*tty would play a full strength side; their side of expensive flops have disappointed this season, and the Sheikhs must be getting itchy sandals at their form, pictures of a trophy will look great in Sandland.

Wenger should have matched sh*tty with his team choice, but Wenger's huge problem is he is a stubborn old French b*stard, and is not prepared to reflect on where his policies and tactics are flawed.

Sack the b*stard. (or move him upstairs to 'technical dirctor')

Wegner is not the only manager who plays a weekened team in the Carling Cup and with the injuries we already have risking more first team players in this nothing competition would have been madness !! who the hell really cares about the Carling Cup anyway !!

i was disappointed at Wenger's refusal to shake hands with Hughes, but who really knows what went on between them on the night or in the past !! also i would suggest it is a sign that he really is feeling the pressure at the moment !!

yeah let's sack him .... who the f**k else is gonna take on a job like that with no f**king money to spend and still have numpties f**king moaning !!

What ole garlic breath

Bravo!!! clap clap

You did your best on this one, just 100 % pure racist and anti french.I know you like to have fun and make some french jokes once in a while(acctually it s quite often), but this one is probably your best work again Wenger and the french comunity in general.

I do not know if i am a nice guy or not but i am bore of your racisme again the French and you reach my limit(yes even a french men can have his limit), so i will really advice you to not come to my party this december because it will may not end well for you.And do not call it a joke,calling Wenger a ole garlic breath is just not right,it is offensive and unfunny.

Called me a Jock **** once too......just wait till i see him !!

What was disappointing was the throwing of the dolly from the pram at the end as Wenger refused to shake hands with Mark 'when do I get my P45?' Hughes.

apparently Wenger didn't shake hands with Hughes because of the verbal abuse he was given during the game .... fair enough i would say.

i wouldn't shake hands with an abusive **** .... or cheating ***** after a game either !!!

What ole garlic breath

Bravo!!! clap clap

#

Just pissed off with Wenger Nico. Was not aimed at you. You know my anti French jibes are meant in jest. You think it's bad on here? One of my best friends is a 'Thierry' and he just rolls his eyes every time I start! He just ignores me now cos he knows there is no point in responding. I should not have called Arsene 'garlic breath'. He does in fact prefer his snails without garlic so it was untrue as well. :wink:

What ole garlic breath

Bravo!!! clap clap

#

Just pissed off with Wenger Nico. Was not aimed at you. You know my anti French jibes are meant in jest. You think it's bad on here? One of my best friends is a 'Thierry' and he just rolls his eyes every time I start! He just ignores me now cos he knows there is no point in responding. I should not have called Arsene 'garlic breath'. He does in fact prefer his snails without garlic so it was untrue as well. :wink:

You racist, skirt swearing, smelly haggis munching Scot!

Next, you'll be saying something disparaging about the English! :lol: