KingLing

The INSULT issued against THAILAND was

e]

Ms Professor Sue<

I am sorry tr chance.

Sincerely,

King

i didnt see ya get down on yr knees :lol:

Thank you Mr KingLing. There is no necessity to address me anything other than Sue. There is no necessity for any implied "down on knees", I accept this virtual hand-shake for which I virtually and invisibly extend. :lol:

I am sorry when I brought family issues into this thread.

I sincerely hope that all members will help to close this subject .

Best Regards

Sue :lol:

Your words are accepted.

Have a nice day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bizarre for a wind up.

Too bizarre? Interesting..

What would you expect from half-educated air-bag?

Don't over sell yourself, Sue...

Address this simple question...

What is your point?

1) Everyone is wrong and Thai people readily apologise?

or

2) Farangs should not point out that Thai people don't apologise?

I think it's number two. I think if a bunch of Thai people were sitting in your lounge and said, "You know, we Thais don't really apologise much, you'd agree."

BUT because it's a bunch of white guys saying the same thing, you've got your nationalistic knickers in a twist... "How dare they say that?"

Then you go off on some rant about cockneys, 9/11, opium and colonisation.

So which is it Sue?

1 or 2?

We're wrong or we don't have the right to criticise?

Good ! thanks for understanding and response to us politely. For us Thais here, its good to be sometimes come out stand the points defending back. If not, sooner or later some farangs who live in our country would say to us that 'SIT ! I TELL YOU SIT'

(Would it be true to say that the only other people's in recent times to tell the Thais to "SIT" were the Japanese when they occupied the country during WWII? They killed over a hundred thousand thais but I am yet to see a memorial to those thais or hear the Japanese govt apologise to the Thai people (maybe they did decades ago?).)

Khun Kus, I do also believe it is good to respond but perhaps there should be some more self reflection given the underlying cultural issues and complexities intersecting this thread.

I must say I do find that it is sort of interesting that some Thais worry about "farangs" playing such a role - and I am sure that some idiot farang do think that way - when in 'egalitarian Thailand' the pooyai, high-so & Bangkok elite have been doing it for a long time and will fight tooth and nail to maintain their dominant position status quo. (Clearly Thailand is not the only country in the world with such a hierarchy but it is very pronounced here).

IS it ok for Thais to treat other Thais similar to slaves?! (To say nothing about how many Burmese & Cambodian migrant workers are treated by some Thai bosses in an almost slave like manner in some contexts).

And equality before the law for all Thais only exists in theory if the concept of equality can be applied at all in such a hierarchical country. Maybe when these structural and cultural issues improve for the better for the majority of Thais you can worry about those 'fearful foreigners' who want to take over Thailand.

Just be careful though......they may not come from the west, they may come from the east.

I would love to see a Thailand were equality and opportunity between all Thais prevails regardless of their enthic background, sex, skin colour, sexual orientation social status or family background. There are some good laws and institutions in Thailand in this regard and the situation is slowly improving due to the many fantastic Thai NGOs and Thai academics working hard to change the status quo.

However, that day seems a long way off.

(BTW, we can discuss any other country for comparison purposes if it is suitable).

Ahem.. *cough.. cough* i have no idea where this thread going now but I must post mine :D

Khun LG, sorry late reply. I am at work and its not good example at all to surf dating website during office hours :lol:. Hope I can well understand your comment due to my lack of English, please feel free to correct me if I missed something.

Honestly, I have no worry about farangs role the country because i know its impossible.

Actaully, I have already washed my hands in the golden sink (quit / give up) to discuss about Thai politic / social here TF. Because I think farangs here are minor group which mostly have been spoiled from their thai gf until now they become over-confidence, stubborn and err sometimes ass ( and as said my limited of english frustrated me too )

Anyway, can you give me A name of country that has completed equality, USA ? UK ? France ?. I have often heard about the whitie bosses treat their asian staff like dogs, cheat their ex-bg wife to a lazy idiot university student. For the imigrant laborers in Thailand, Its not ok to treat anyone like a slave wherever, whenever Its kind of out date doing like that. *sigh* But I hope you also know that they have both good one bad one and its individual way to treat and be treated, allow me to show example from myself treat. At the gas station, I filled gas 300b but I asked a staff (imigrant) that if I could have a bottle of water which give away promotion for customer who buy 500b gas. He said 'mai dai' , I said 'pls, you can add my bill to someone's 200b bill' he smiled and repeated 'mai dai'. I know that he cant talk (thai) much or do anything beyond the authority granted by their thai boss. But I just make a conversation to cheer them up (while the ex-(farang)bf sat next to me said 'why waste time a bottle of water cost you only 5b. I said I just want to make a little smile out from their long day).

In my theory, once you born as a human, everybody is equal.

seems we got a farang hater here. One of Kus' proteges perhaps?

*gigling* :oops: bah.. I working all here 'one man show'.. and who said I hate farang.., opposite, I obviously love SOME.

Good ! thanks for understanding and response to us politely. For us Thais here, its good to be sometimes come out stand the points defending back. If not, sooner or later some farangs who live in our country would say to us that 'SIT ! I TELL YOU SIT'

I like Kus... I think she's smart and opinionated and brave to argue in a second language against native speakers. Also I have never seen her post any "Go home, Whitey." posts.

But she might send one to me any minute....

Dear Kus,

How about if we consider Thailand to be a business... a huge company that works on profit and loss?

Think about how well this company has been managed for the past... oooh let's say 100 years. Do you think the managers have done a good job? I mean Thailand PLC has a lot of natural resources and great potential for tourism, but do you feel it's fulfilling its potential?

Do you feel the training department (education) has been performing well over last century?

And maintenance? Well, I think they could do better on the roads and railways etc...

How about the accounting department? Hmm they seem to be letting a lot of money disappear into private bank accounts.

And the security office... how are they doing? They seem to be fighting amongst each other most of the time or replacing the CEO with one or another of their friends...

So how about this.... a fresh new team come in? Ones with a proven track record of running a company of this size... This team would have to be professional and efficient and honest beyond reproach.... they would need good marketing skills to promote the country well and great diplomatic talent...

...but it's clear we can't find those individuals in Thailand... I mean we haven't found them in the past 100 years...

Sooooo....

.... let's say the Swiss. No-one hates the Swiss. They've got great financial acumen and experience running a big company.

What would happen if the whole Thai government was replace by a team of Swiss managers for five years? Do you think things would get better or worse?

I mean, it doesn't have to be a Swiss team... it could be Germans, or Brits, Americans, Japanese, Canadians, French, Spanish or even Norwegians... In fact a trouble-shooting team of international experts might JUST be what Thailand needs...

Does that sound like a good idea? Would things improve? Within 5 years?

Would it be worth the loss of face for 5 years to say, "OK, we could do with some outside foreign experts to help." if it made your schools, roads, hospitals, tax system, telecommunications, armed forces and police departments better within only 5 years?

At the gas station, I filled gas 300b but I asked a staff (imigrant) that if I could have a bottle of water which give away promotion for customer who buy 500b gas. He said 'mai dai' , I said 'pls, you can add my bill to someone's 200b bill' he smiled and repeated 'mai dai'. I know that he cant talk (thai) much or do anything beyond the authority granted by their thai boss. But I just make a conversation to cheer them up (while the ex-(farang)bf sat next to me said 'why waste time a bottle of water cost you only 5b. I said I just want to make a little smile out from their long day).

In my theory, once you born as a human, everybody is equal.

nice one Kus ... :thumbleft:

...but it's clear we can't find those individuals in Thailand... I mean we haven't found them in the past 100 years...

Sooooo....

.... let's say the Swiss. No-one hates the Swiss. They've got great financial acumen and experience running a big company.

What would happen if the whole Thai government was replace by a team of Swiss managers for five years? Do you think things would get better or worse?

I mean, it doesn't have to be a Swiss team... it could be Germans, or Brits, Americans, Japanese, Canadians, French, Spanish or even Norwegians... In fact a trouble-shooting team of international experts might JUST be what Thailand needs...

Would it be worth the loss of face for 5 years to say, "OK, we could do with some outside foreign experts to help." if it made your schools, roads, hospitals, tax system, telecommunications, armed forces and police departments better within only 5 years?

different countries have developed at different paces for a variety of reasons. europe was lucky for lots of reasons (read guns germs and steel for some insight). i think it's a bit unfair to project our values onto a country we r a guest in ... although i'm as guilty as anybody about having a moan from time to time. thailand will advance, grow and develop .... might not happen as fast as we or some thais would want it to happen, but it will !!

and let's be honest about it ... although thailand has it's faults it's not the worst place in the world to be living !!! :D:D

*gigling* :oops: bah.. I working all here 'one man show'.. and who said I hate farang.., opposite, I obviously love SOME.

I like Kus... I think she's smart and opinionated and brave to argue in a second language against native speakers. Also I have never seen her post any "Go home, Whitey." posts.

Dear Kus,

How about if we consider Thailand to be a business... a huge company that works on profit and loss?

Think about how well this company has been managed for the past... oooh let's say 100 years. Do you think the managers have done a good job? I mean Thailand PLC has a lot of natural resources and great potential for tourism, but do you feel it's fulfilling its potential?

Do you feel the training department (education) has been performing well over last century?

And maintenance? Well, I think they could do better on the roads and railways etc...

How about the accounting department? Hmm they seem to be letting a lot of money disappear into private bank accounts.

And the security office... how are they doing? They seem to be fighting amongst each other most of the time or replacing the CEO with one or another of their friends...

So how about this.... a fresh new team come in? Ones with a proven track record of running a company of this size... This team would have to be professional and efficient and honest beyond reproach.... they would need good marketing skills to promote the country well and great diplomatic talent...

Sooooo....

I like Englis_Bob, he knows how to write 'diplomatic' English in easy way to non-speaking english people (me) to understand :D ... But..

Dear Dave,

My head hurt reading your comment reply to my post. I think you go too far and so detailed and maybe mistaken my point.

95% of contacts of the company I work for now are with foreigners, asians, europeans, americans and others, without them my company would not have business to do and I would be a jobless. :(

...time to go home, its Friday's night .. my friends know that its my ... night :oops:

will come back for more tonight if i m not too drunk ..

different countries have developed at different paces for a variety of reasons. europe was lucky for lots of reasons (read guns germs and steel for some insight). i think it's a bit unfair to project our values onto a country we r a guest in ... although i'm as guilty as anybody about having a moan from time to time. thailand will advance, grow and develop .... might not happen as fast as we or some thais would want it to happen, but it will !!

and let's be honest about it ... although thailand has it's faults it's not the worst place in the world to be living !!! :D:D

We share technical knowledge - left to their own devices, there are plenty of countries who would be without cars, trains, planes, TVs computers and phones.

We share entertainment - movies, music, art.

We share medical expertise - vaccines, cures, cutting edge treatment.

Why not share political advances?

I think Thais who have seen education in action abroad would be the first to say, "I wish our education system was better."

Ditto, roads, railways, army, navy, police, healthcare, welfare, elections, taxation, telecommunications etc

If the government can't deliver (through incompetence, corruption, laziness or unwillingness), would Thai people be able to swallow national pride and accept that the Swiss (or whoever) could do it better....?

Dear Kus,

Sooooo....

I like Englis_Bob, he knows how to write 'diplomatic' English in easy way to non-speaking english people (me) to understand :D ... But..

Dear Dave,

My head hurt reading your comment reply to my post. I think you go too far and so detailed and maybe mistaken my point.

95% of contacts of the company I work for now are with foreigners, asians, europeans, americans and others, without them my company would not have business to do and I would be a jobless. :(

...time to go home, its Friday's night .. my friends know that its my ... night :oops:

LOLROF :)

Dear Dave,

Sorry Kus... you missed one sentence which would make more sense...

'Imagine Thailand is a company...'

How would you feel about replacing your Thai government for 5 years with a bunch of foreigners?

Foreigners who could do the job better and address all the country's problems without having 'bad history' between 'old families' etc?

The INSULT issued against THAILAND was

e]

Ms Professor Sue<

I am sorry tr chance.

Sincerely,

King

i didnt see ya get down on yr knees :lol:

Thank you Mr KingLing.

I sincerely hope that all members will help to close this subject .

Best Regards

Sue :lol:

Your words are accepted.

Have a nice day

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There was some hidden truth in the ending episode..... now unfolding...

Honestly, I wrote a personal message to KingLing appealing him to write the three words to me in this forum to allow me to close the whole episode. He wrote more than that.

I truly appreciate that though our forum replies were rather hot, he accepted my humble appeal.

KingLing, may I take this humble opportunity to thank you on your gallantry.

Best Regards

Sue

Dear Dave,

Sorry Kus... you missed one sentence which would make more sense...

'Imagine Thailand is a company...'

How would you feel about replacing your Thai government for 5 years with a bunch of foreigners?

Foreigners who could do the job better and address all the country's problems without having 'bad history' between 'old families' etc?

No ******* way......

If company offered me a sly back hander of a 20,000,000 baht house in Phuket, and a bag of gold to give them a road contract I'd take it!

If a company offered me a house in the mountains + a new Merc every year for life if I buy 1000 un wanted, un needed airport x-ray machines with the governments money..... I'd do it....

We share technical knowledge - left to their own devices, there are plenty of countries who would be without cars, trains, planes, TVs computers and phones.

We share entertainment - movies, music, art.

We share medical expertise - vaccines, cures, cutting edge treatment.

Why not share political advances?

Dave, SORRY to parse your point but...

I would not say we were "sharing" ---- selling ---- you buy it

and we will share it.

And I am not sure (I will do some reading someday) how Thailand managed to stay out of London's idea of shared "political advances"aka THE empire...

now there was a benevolent idea...

(oh we yanks have done it too with the once mighty dollar)

21st century new opportunities....

a country's people do have the right to choose what they want to allow in

(or out)....IMHO