Bangkok Mar 12-14

bigKus

Thus, I assume now might be the time to start retaking some of the affected areas with few red shirts whilst leaving Ratchprason intact to avoid the main crowd? Siam and Phan Fa could be a good start if hardly anyone is there?

Will head down there again about 5pm to take a look.

the thai police and military r a f**king joke !!! at least when the yellow shirts took over the airport it was a surpise .... the red shirts f**king tell them where they r going and they still can't stop them !! absolutely pathetic !!!

i think they must have been adivised on the strategic withdrawal (retreat) by the italian army !!!

Tear gas and water cannons were used, but the reds easily took over Thaicom's satellite station.

Next time they should use ****!! ppl will step away believe me...

People get warning before they shooting tear gas na ja... damn it... Red shirts request no double standard why didn't they use one standard as tear gas in 7 Oct. Just kidding sorry... hate to see more blood.

I think soldiers wanted to open the door for the protesters to be inside cleary... with free cold drinking water...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, I assume now might be the time to start retaking some of the affected areas with few red shirts whilst leaving Ratchprason intact to avoid the main crowd? Siam and Phan Fa could be a good start if hardly anyone is there?

Will head down there again about 5pm to take a look.

the thai police and military r a f**king joke !!! at least when the yellow shirts took over the airport it was a surpise .... the red shirts f**king tell them where they r going and they still can't stop them !! absolutely pathetic !!!

i think they must have been adivised on the strategic withdrawal (retreat) by the italian army !!!

Tear gas and water cannons were used, but the reds easily took over Thaicom's satellite station.

they took it over easily because the guys guarding it were useless dicks !!!

i mean i'm not advocating using violence unduly but at least they should stand their f**king ground !!

Thailand really needs to send its riot police to learn how to control riots from either the UK/French/German police.

Do you think it can help?

Many police are red shirt supporters...

You're trained to do your job, if you don't do it, then you lose your job.

Simple.

Thailand really needs to send its riot police to learn how to control riots from either the UK/French/German police.

Simple.

That's so true, but ***, Thai police system is a mystery....

Simple.

That's so true, but TIT, Thai police system is a mystery....

From a Thai's mouth at that! *applause*

"The Red Shirts at Rajprasong area confronted the police in front of Monks Hospital near Rajprasong intersection.

There was a brief skirmish and the police in riot gears retreated into the National Police Office's compound nearby to avoid untoward incident."

http://bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/174184/police-red-shirts-briefly-skirmish

Were they trained by the French?!!

I've been to some of the confrontations... the security personnel I saw were very disciplined. They had batons, but no-one drew one. No-one threw a punch - obviously under strict orders.

The Red Shits know this, so they are unconcerned about charging into a barney with an impotent force.

The Reds will continue to push and push until someone gives the order... batons and rubber bullets will come out. Skulls will get cracked and blood will flow. I hope it's the motorbike and taxi drivers who get it - arrogant bastards. I wanna hear their complaining whining when they face a bunch of guys who hit back... "Owww... police brutality! Ohhh not fair... we are a peaceful demonstration."

It didn't look very peaceful to me. Looked like they were breaking the law and running amok. You know, there's only so far you can push. They're like little kids aggravating their big brother... eventually he's gonna give them a slap and then they'll be running to Mummy in tears.

I'm surprised there haven't been any local groups handing out a bit of Bangkok justice to these guys.

Wouldn't the best time to clear these goons be 4am.

No Public, No sight seers, everyones sleepy and off guard, harder for them to get their sh*t together.

Should we do it? Get a bunch of hard hitting pipe-wielding white thugs to wander up there at 4 am and batter a few taxi drivers? I must say it's tempting!

I quite fancy taking a baseball bat onto on of the motorbiker sois and playing softball with his head when he's driving down with his red bandana on beebing his horn!

It is so entertaining to observe this thread now.

We have the ever articulate CIARAN use every expletive you can think of. His charming turn of phrase being along the lines of; "he is a ****" "*****" fuc this or fuc that plus fucing etc etc

Meanwhile good old Engish_Bob [an embarrassment to the many fantastic English people on this site who are civil and balanced] has solved the whole politcal problem of Thailand by declaring to us all. "FUCEM!" Fucem all!

Ah the unselfish and objective voices of rational and considered thought! NOT!

Anyway back to the real world and some informed and thoughtful reflections on the situation in Thailand - see below.

Oh and Id leave it to the twit who noted that I had coped and pasted a cnn article on a previous post to quote the source of this piece! As if it mattered on a bloody forum like this. I think the use of blue and black in the text is enough to let people know which is my comment and which is NOT!

Abhisit's dilemma

Caving in to protesters looks weak; dispersing them by force looks worse

EMERGENCY is becoming almost routine in Bangkok. On April 7th Abhisit Vejjajiva, the prime minister, put the Thai capital and some other parts of the country under a state of emergency for the fourth time in two years. This came after four weeks of street protest by anti-government “red shirts†demanding an early election. Both sides seem to have been trying to provoke the other into extreme action—a dangerous game of chicken that may well end in tears and perhaps even bloodshed.

The government had already invoked special powers under its Internal Security Act. The escalation to a full-blown state of emergency followed a shift in tactics by the protesters. On April 3rd they moved their encampment, a largely good-humoured carnival of songs, speeches and big red clappers, from the government quarter to one of Bangkok’s main shopping districts. This caused some glitzy malls to close and vexed shoppers. Then they briefly stormed the election commission, and, in the final straw on April 7th, the compound around parliament. No one was hurt, but some MPs scurried for safety over the back wall. A few were rescued by helicopter.

The emergency decree bans gatherings of more than five people, and gives the government sweeping powers to detain protest leaders and to censor the press. One of its first uses was to block a television station that supports Thaksin Shinawatra, a self-exiled former prime minister, whom many red shirts support. Another was to set up checkpoints on roads around Bangkok, to stop people joining a big rally called for April 9th in defiance of emergency rule.

The protesters, many from the poor north-east of Thailand, regard Mr Abhisit’s government as an illegitimate front for a commercial, aristocratic and military elite that has repeatedly refused to accept the electoral decision of the people. It took power in December 2008 by cobbling together a parliamentary majority. Protests by yellow-shirted “royalists†and court rulings had toppled an elected government loyal to Mr Thaksin.

Mr Abhisit has said he might dissolve parliament in December (a year before he has to), but not earlier. Now he faces criticism from some of his own middle-class supporters. His failure to keep the shopping malls open riles an elite contemptuous of the red shirts, whom they regard as an uneducated rabble paid by Mr Thaksin to stir up trouble. After the emergency decree, red shirts claimed that soldiers were massing in a skyscraper overlooking their demonstration, and at Bangkok’s international airport.

The crowd of red shirts in the shopping district was reported to have fallen to 2,000-3,000, from perhaps ten times that number, and as many as 150,000 at the big rally on March 14th that launched the protests. But it still included whole families. Mr Abhisit, who came to international prominence as a courageous opposition spokesman after an army massacre of civilians in Bangkok in 1992, seemed loth to risk bloodshed. The army commander, General Anupong Paochinda, was also reported to oppose the use of force, prompting red shirts to speculate about rifts in military ranks. The government hoped that Songkran, the Thai new year holiday on April 13th, might draw protesters back to their homes. But it knows that will not end the cycle of confrontation that began when Mr Thaksin was toppled in a coup in 2006.

On April 8th Mr Abhisit cancelled a scheduled trip to Hanoi for a summit of the Association of South-East Asian Nations. It was preoccupied with the Myanmar junta’s farcical plans for an election this year. At least it has plans, however.

Another curious little point made elsewhere.

theboiler wrote:

Apr 9th 2010 12:08 GMT

Well getting rid of a democratically elected government because they don't like his electoral methods or his nepostic practices should be done through the ballot box. However the usual problem is here. The country is divided into the haves and have-nots and the have-nots found a leader in Thaksin which the Bangkok elite don't like because they cant beat him fairly and have used the King and the media (how ironic) to overthrow him.

Lets be honest, the King maybe a symbol of continuity but certainly not stability.

How many coups is that now? How many states of emergency?

Though I have not been here long, I have seen your posts Allseasonman. You have amazed me with being able to master the fine art of copy and paste. If you bumb up the curve a little you might even learn to think for yourself. Secondly, you talk of the others English Bob Ciaran, you I would say are the one who should be embarrassed, at least they write in their own words and they dp not think some newspaper or magazine will be honest of what it says. You are obviously brainwashed. Also when you talkl of the British (which I am not but know many who are) you may say you are in Dublin, though it is very easy to set and bounce an IP address to anywhere. your words and grammar are of someone who has obviously studied English under the American English system and if I were to guess I would say somewhere along the east coast.

Still not reading - just posting...

Beware TFers... there is a troll around. He will tell you he knows more about a Thailand and its politics than everyone on here.

Do not believe him.

He has only access to third hand reports. He has no experience of living through these demonstrations. He collates other people's work and claims this as knowledge.

He does not see the gangs of drunk motorbike riders wearing red bandannas, zipping through the streets without helmets, safe in the knowledge that because their gang is 10,000 strong they don't need to obey the rules.

He will write a post that evades the pertinent. For example, for months he wrote about PAD occupying the airport. I bet he ignores this current action by the Red Shirts....

He is unable to feel the mood of Bangkok because he cannot speak to any inhabitants.

We are sick to the back ******* teeth of a diminishing mob of thugs acting like a bunch of spoiled kids stamping their feet when they can't get their way. They know the army is unable to respond with force so they can push them around with impunity...

But pretty soon they're going to reap what they've been sowing...

And if he's reading this - **** him too.

à¢Ò¤Ô´ÇèÒ¤¹·Õè¡Ãا෾à â§èÃÒ¡ áµè¤ÇÒèÃÔ§àÃÒ·ÃÒºÇèÒ ¡ÅØèä¹àÊ×éÃá´§à»ç¹µÑÇàªÔ´¢Ã§·Ñ¡ÉÔ³

¡ÃسÒÃÂèÒá»Å - à¢ÒÃÔ¨©ÒÃÒ¡

Though I have not been here long, I have seen your posts Allseasonman. You have amazed me with being able to master the fine art of copy and paste. If you bumb up the curve a little you might even learn to think for yourself. Secondly, you talk of the others English Bob Ciaran, you I would say are the one who should be embarrassed, at least they write in their own words and they dp not think some newspaper or magazine will be honest of what it says. You are obviously brainwashed. Also when you talkl of the British (which I am not but know many who are) you may say you are in Dublin, though it is very easy to set and bounce an IP address to anywhere. your words and grammar are of someone who has obviously studied English under the American English system and if I were to guess I would say somewhere along the east coast.

And if you were paying attention then you would have seen that I wrote and posted reams and reams of MY VIEWS and perspectives on Thai politics.

For doing so I was repeatedly subject to ignorant and often narrow minded snide comments from people who are actually furious at the idea that someone NOT AMONG THEM can refute much of the nonsense and shortsighted views they spew out here.

I have simply also pointed out that in the case of some of these we see fuc this or fuc that and plenty of profanity which clearly is a substitute for their inability to put forward coherent points of view that are rational and in any way persuasive

One of the key points as to why I copy and paste so much material is that so much of it happens to back up my views and perspectives. Of course others are free to do the same, but the point is that they will find it harder to find informed and expert political comment that fit in well with their smallminded and reflexive comments.

As for your other frankly stupid comments concerning ip address - british - american - dublin ???

They are just plain silly.

Still not reading - just posting...

Beware TFers... there is a troll around. He will tell you he knows more about a Thailand and its politics than everyone on here.

Do not believe him.

He has only access to third hand reports. He has no experience of living through these demonstrations. He collates other people's work and claims this as knowledge.

He does not see the gangs of drunk motorbike riders wearing red bandannas, zipping through the streets without helmets, safe in the knowledge that because their gang is 10,000 strong they don't need to obey the rules.

He will write a post that evades the pertinent. For example, for months he wrote about PAD occupying the airport. I bet he ignores this current action by the Red Shirts....

He is unable to feel the mood of Bangkok because he cannot speak to any inhabitants.

We are sick to the back f*cking teeth of a diminishing mob of thugs acting like a bunch of spoiled kids stamping their feet when they can't get their way. They know the army is unable to respond with force so they can push them around with impunity...

But pretty soon they're going to reap what they've been sowing...

And if he's reading this - f*ck him too.

à¢Ò¤Ô´ÇèÒ¤¹·Õè¡Ãا෾à â§èÃÒ¡ áµè¤ÇÒèÃÔ§àÃÒ·ÃÒºÇèÒ ¡ÅØèä¹àÊ×éÃá´§à»ç¹µÑÇàªÔ´¢Ã§·Ñ¡ÉÔ³

¡ÃسÒÃÂèÒá»Å - à¢ÒÃÔ¨©ÒÃÒ¡

And yet again you can not avod using more profanity!

IT WAS YOU WHO WROTE "FUCEM" and showed your real face. Name calling is pointless really and if I have to choose between believing YOU or Dan Rivers for my reports of developments in Thailand then sorry mate I will go with Dan every-time.

When you can not find fault with the views I have expressed through logical and informed [relevant] counter argument you keep playing the "I LIVE HERE" argument which as I mentioned already many pages back is a dead end point designed to prevent others having an opinion as soon as they don't concur with your views.

I think you are typical of certain kind of ex pat who clearly feels so threatened by a farang not as you keep saying even living there. You even made a point of telling us all here about how much fun you were having with women [a korean] in Thailand. What a gentleman!

I know your type all too well but I say each to their own and merely note that when it comes to Thai Politics your about the last person I would be consulting.

There have been some insightful and informative comments from many others on here [ many I also would disagree with about plenty of things] but yourself and Ciaran just happen to strike me as the least worthwhile and most ignorant and vulgar [ beej is the same]

Trolll? Hardly, even you are not a troll. Just someone with plenty of opinions THAT YOUR NOT ABLE TO SUPPORT WITH good argument or points.

I am just someone who to your eternal frustration is able to offer support to my opinions. Unlike you I am open to other peoples perspectives and I dont care who the people are, just so long as they make sense.

Invariably you don't!