Bangkok Mar 12-14

bigKus

I just watched the Red shirts arriving down Sukhumvit...

So much for peaceful - there was a group of 10 young red-shirted guys outside Dasa Bookshop trying to get a farang outside for a beating... I'm guessing the farang showed he didn't approve of the Red Shirts, so a pack descended on the shop waving sticks.

When a policeman approached, they backed away and took photos of the shop...

This doesn't bode well.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hobbled into a taxi and went down to central Chidlom only to realise I was wearing my reddest polo shirt..... doh.

Same happened to me today, LOL

A TF-friend from Australia came to visit me at home this morning,i was showing him and his friend the surroundings and we were in a steak restaurant for lunch....

I was wearing my reddest polo shirt... ...by accident

:shock:

You know what, point of this tread is about protest today... I don't know why peeMarc raise this issue up?

Nong Neung I think you will get an education from P'Marc now for sure :)

Bring it on!! It's not my website, I don't care about it.

I have seen peeMarc post about his negative attitude in this country too long.. so let's say.... he doesn't like Thai politic system, he doesn't like Thai culture...

Now I'm wondering why, I'm feeling like he agree with Tuxin who is Thailand criminal?

Settle down dear.... how about something as simple as... I wrote a few lines to stir things up and get some more interesting comments and banter going on here. Thats was all I was doing. I dont really have any wish to lecture or even presume to know or understand more than educated Thai people do. Honestly, I just live and work here, most of my friends are Thai here and, like most of us, I just get on with my business and life and try to stay out of trouble.

If red-shirts or yellow-shirts, they must be so stupid because they dondt take care about the welfare of their own country.

Last time the tourism has decreased up to 50 %. Now the tourists are comming

normal, but only until now. The most goverments - i know it exactly about

the German goverment - have given out travelling warnings, not to fly to BKK from the 12th of March on.

Happy Thailand

If red-shirts or yellow-shirts, they must be so stupid because they dondt take care about the welfare of their own country.

normal, but only until now. The most goverments - i know it exactly about

the German goverment - have given out travelling warnings, not to fly to BKK from the 12th of March on.

Happy Thailand

Well i am reading the major German newspapers every day - i have not read anything about Thailand since weeks - especially about any travel warnings published.

:roll:

normal, but only until now.

Sorry Pluggy but this sentence is patently incorrect and also difficult to understand without knowing when "Last time" was? Last Songkran, late Nov/early Dec 08, Sept 07, Aug 08??

Tourism arrivals in Thailand decreased in 09 by 3% compared with 08 according to figures released by TAT in late Jan/early Feb. The decrease was in line with a world wide decline in tourism due to the GFC, Thailand did better than most markets. The Thai tourist market is very durable given how diverse it is and the challenges faced over the last 7 years from SARS to political protests.

Also, tourism is not some sacred cow in Thailand, it accounts for only 7% of GDP. Ignorant alarmists were stating on TF in late 08 that Tourism would be dead after the airport shutdown of late 08 but that did not occur. Of more economic concern arising from these rallies is the dampening effect on domestic expenditure at a time of economic recovery.

Here we go again mr.allseason... big yawning!!! lazy to read what he post, can someone sum it up for me?

Yes - he says I'm cherry picking, but refuses to address any points. He ignores human rights' violations, murder, theft, and vote rigging.

Every point against UDD is dismissed as propaganda.

He read a book once.

(He should read biographies of the UDD leaders.)

Thank so much p'Dave.... no surprise then... good that i didn't read it.

I think his brain system is crashed, or his morality was destroyed...

As always attack the poster and not the post.

Well that's ok really. I regard you as politically illiterate so little schoolgirl insults are pretty pointless and self defeating.

Essentially you are clueless and unable to think for yourself that it is comical for you to bother with such empty comments.

You have every right to be churlish and ignorant but it changes nothing.

Great observation bCool!

I do clearly remember Mr allseasons advsing us in Bkk on the political situation in the middle of the airport shutdown (late Nov 08) from his home in Dublin when he had only been to Thailand once for 2 weeks! He then advised that Thailand was on the "verge of civil war" and everyone should avoid the country. It was all a bit funny if not dangerous at the time.

I hope he has been to Thailand a few more times since then and now has the grace to accept that though whilst having a analysis from the outside is important, it should be an informed perspective and one should always respect the observations of those living in the location/situation.

Based on the above post it seems that not much has changed.

I bet it will not reach 100,000 people.

OK I'll take that bet... 5000 baht.

Anyone else?

I am in on the 'donation' to our favourite charity.

UDD and PT will easily get over 100K people given that delayed the rally for 2 weeks to organise more thoroughly as they did not have the numbers.

Remember each PT member is being asked to get 5000 people seperate from UDD/DAAD provincal groups and a lot of money is being thrown around.......though not as much as they would like so they will not be able to sustain a ongoing presence.

Also, remember that in a city of 10 million there are easily 100 000 supporters in BKK who will attend, the numbers are not just contingent on those from up country. I noted this morning that many of the motor cycle taxi guys near my condo are missing today and I know most of them support Taksin.

My guess is that at the lower end they will get 250 000 and the upper end 400 000 so I guess I have to settle for about 325 000.

Anyone else?

UDD and PT will easily get over 100K people given that delayed the rally for 2 weeks to organise more thoroughly as they did not have the numbers.

Remember each PT member is being asked to get 5000 people seperate from UDD/DAAD provincal groups and a lot of money is being thrown around.......though not as much as they would like so they will not be able to sustain a ongoing presence.

Also, remember that in a city of 10 million there are easily 100 000 supporters in BKK who will attend, the numbers are not just contingent on those from up country. I noted this morning that many of the motor cycle taxi guys near my condo are missing today and I know most of them support Taksin.

My guess is that at the lower end they will get 250 000 and the upper end 400 000 so I guess I have to settle for about 325 000.

So i might heard something wrong, my friend read news from SMS UDD came 6,500 ppl. and another friend passed Lumpini Park by skytrain.. he didn't see many ppl there.

Anyone else?

So i might heard something wrong, my friend read news from SMS UDD came 6,500 ppl. and another friend passed Lumpini Park by skytrain.. he didn't see many ppl there.

I am sure your hearing is fine Khun bCool :wink: . I thought we are discussing numbers for Sundays rally in Sanum Luang and other rally points around BKK?

Today and tomorrow will just be a matter of building up the numbers and causing traffic chaos as more people arrive.

Anyone else?

I am sure your hearing is fine Khun bCool :wink: . I thought we are discussing numbers for Sundays rally in Sanum Luang and other rally points around BKK?

Today and tomorrow will just be a matter of building up the numbers and causing traffic chaos as more people arrive.

hmm today / Saturday / Sunday...

100,000 ppl each day?

I couldn't believe they will go home at 5pm.

I thought they will stay overnight. no??

I just watched the Red shirts arriving down Sukhumvit...

So much for peaceful - there was a group of 10 young red-shirted guys outside Dasa Bookshop trying to get a farang outside for a beating... I'm guessing the farang showed he didn't approve of the Red Shirts, so a pack descended on the shop waving sticks.

When a policeman approached, they backed away and took photos of the shop...

This doesn't bode well.

This guy??

They shout "F*CK YOU American No GOOD" I got this pic from pantip.com

P8977716-10.jpg

Exactly... I was there. But that wasn't the guy - he was taller, mid fifties.

He looked like a grumpy farang guy who probably gestured his disapproval at the impending demonstrations. The traffic stopped, guys leapt off motorbikes and pick-ups and started calling the guy out of the shop. They looked like a pack of dogs snapping.

I got my phone out and started to video, just in case. But then someone shouted, "Police are coming." and they jumped back on their vehicles.

I couldn't believe they will go home at 5pm.

bNueng, you have to understand, the weather is so hot, on the way back home (boss allowed us to leave at 15.00 :D now im home with couple bottles chilling in fridge ) I saw one frontier red shirt warrior biking down the soi back home sweaty, then dropped under shade sip water from bottle he brings. I felt bad for him and all the red shirts in the marches why they have to come across this tough life just for something selfish greedy while at mall near house are crowded with parents and kids go out shopping and laisure..

Just heard from radio news report that TS's has been complainted from everyon in his twitters from this event

Exactly... I was there. But that wasn't the guy - he was taller, mid fifties.

He looked like a grumpy farang guy who probably gestured his disapproval at the impending demonstrations. The traffic stopped, guys leapt off motorbikes and pick-ups and started calling the guy out of the shop. They looked like a pack of dogs snapping.

I got my phone out and started to video, just in case. But then someone shouted, "Police are coming." and they jumped back on their vehicles.

hmm you are too slow then. Another video.

http://76.nationchannel.com/playvideo.php?id=84246

Here we go again mr.allseason... big yawning!!! lazy to read what he post, can someone sum it up for me?

Yes - he says I'm cherry picking, but refuses to address any points. He ignores human rights' violations, murder, theft, and vote rigging.

Every point against UDD is dismissed as propaganda.

He read a book once.

(He should read biographies of the UDD leaders.)

Thank so much p'Dave.... no surprise then... good that i didn't read it.

I think his brain system is crashed, or his morality was destroyed...

As always attack the poster and not the post.

Well that's ok really. I regard you as politically illiterate so little schoolgirl insults are pretty pointless and self defeating.

Essentially you are clueless and unable to think for yourself that it is comical for you to bother with such empty comments.

You have every right to be churlish and ignorant but it changes nothing.

Great observation bCool!

I do clearly remember Mr allseasons advsing us in Bkk on the political situation in the middle of the airport shutdown (late Nov 08) from his home in Dublin when he had only been to Thailand once for 2 weeks! He then advised that Thailand was on the "verge of civil war" and everyone should avoid the country. It was all a bit funny if not dangerous at the time.

I hope he has been to Thailand a few more times since then and now has the grace to accept that though whilst having a analysis from the outside is important, it should be an informed perspective and one should always respect the observations of those living in the location/situation.

Based on the above post it seems that not much has changed.

Another serious of stupid and ignorant comment.

You like lies and misrepresentation clearly.

You really are quite clueless! Now see where such a discourse gets us, back to your arena of choice no doubt.