is soccer boring?

johnno

is soccer the most boring game on the planet?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. is soccer the most boring game on the planet?

• yes
    • of course
    • no, i think darts and snooker and snail racing are

Cochroach racing anyone? :wink: http://www.cockroachraces.com.au/

trust the f*ckin aussies...

:lol:

Ahem! Let's be a bit more specific pls; f*ckin Queenlanders! :roll:

From memory they have cane toad races, dung bettle races and basically anything that may crawl, waddle or walk. Any excuse to get drunk and gamble.

Australian equivalent of Kentuckians then??

:lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo, whats this about greece and their footballing prowess? Ive missed a few pages, is this topic still on football or has it gone off the topic of football? :wink:

m just following wherever the kilted one is taking me. whatever he wants to talk about, i'll talk. greece used to play soccer. i don't think they can afford the balls now

Soccer? What the hell is soccer? :wink: :lol:

Sooooo, whats this about greece and their footballing prowess? Ive missed a few pages, is this topic still on football or has it gone off the topic of football? :wink:

m just following wherever the kilted one is taking me. whatever he wants to talk about, i'll talk. greece used to play soccer. i don't think they can afford the balls now

noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Can't you read the sign???

Don't feed the chimpanzee!!

:twisted:

noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Can't you read the sign???

Don't feed the chimpanzee!!

:twisted:

The gate was wiiide open (so was the bottle according to japam) lol.

Good night all.

ONLY single malt whisky?? Again, you make statements which have no basis in fact (as you have been doing nearly all weekend - even when there were facts - in the water thread - you kept saying the same thing again and again as if that was the only answer - here you were wrong too)...

sorry, you are correct. what i meant to write was crappy tasting single malt whisky. give me a smooth irish whisky anyday. stick your peat where it fits....in your case i think your mouth might be a better fit than your arse.

As the inventors of golf, we have some of the best courses in the world.That is of course if you like a real challenge (just try playing one of the links courses on Islay) rather than playing child level courses.

yeah, i love playing in the rain and sleet and 40 knot winds. mmmmmmm. great when you can't find your ball cos its stuck in the heather or some grouse bush. wonderful. i love playing golf when you can't feel your fingers. but of course, this is what this wonderful game is all about. people just line up to play golf when the weather and the course are both crappy.

Lovely aboriginals? What you finally appreciate them after years and years of slowly destroying their culture and their dignity? What % of alcoholics and drug addicts are of aboriginal roots? Well done, take a bow, you should be f*cking proud mate.

again, yoou are soooooo correct. i did all this. i feel very ashamed now that you have come out and named me as the culprit. mea culpa. so sorry jock the c*^k

Oh and the weather is wonderful, true, except of course when it is so f*cking hot that you stand and watch your neighbourhood burn to the ground. Wheeee!

if its too hot for you, go to tasmania. you'd love it there. people with 2 heads. oh right, you're from scotland. you see that every day.

And yes, we do have wind (weather) lots of it, and rocks and sea, all 3 of which give us the potential to supply around 20% of Europe's energy needs from renewable sources...so we know there is a huge future market in this area. May take a few years to develop, but we will perhaps reap the benefits from these energy sources that we never got from the oil.

and now they have you also. so much air.

Or how your house prices and cost of living are increasing rapidly.

yeah, in another 20 years, we might catch up to UK

Or indeed how high your current account deficit is, or how it is likely to keep on growing. Remember, you lack any sort of international competitiveness (except at rugby and cricket and that I don't mind if you keep beating England), rely to a bigger extent than nearly all nations on imports, and have a virtually negligible export market.

blah blah blah. don't you know how economies work? money comes in and it goes out. not rocket science you rocket head.

Yeah, the future is bright down under...

thank you for recognising this.

Mock the effects of the recession in Europe if you want. You are mocking your own future.

who cares? china is looking bright.

And I nearly forgot; that really really irritating high pitched nasal whine you end all your sentences with. It is so f*cking annoying...

i hate how jock c*^ks finish every sentence with "aye" can you please stop talking like that. oh i forgot, thats how you bunch of c*^ks talk normally.

one thing you can't change is that soccer is boring. see how i can stay on topic you boring shite head

Jonno... what IS this topic?

Seriously... do you have any idea where this is going?

You don't like football... fine.

And now you don't like Scotland or Scottish people... fine.

But it's not really a forum, is it? Doesn't this belong in your journal... Things I don't like'?

I have to say, honestly... you're coming across pretty badly in this - stubborn, racist and a bit simple... maybe it's time to let it lie and come back later when people have forgotten.

Dr Lowlife managed it... he came back reborn and he's almost acceptable. Piant did it many times. Loburt, Zeus, Iain, Heretic and myself have all gone through some tough forums and are still here.

Jonno... you're coming across pretty badly in this - stubborn, racist and a bit simple...

Have to agree, so much in fact that I am not going to respond to his posts anymore. It has gone from fairly harmless banter to J spouting vitriolic nonsense, so at this point I walk away.

:roll:

oh jock, come on. who took the topic off topic? its about IS SOCCER BORING? who started throwing the first stone? i said soccer, you said football. you then made it into a racist thing with your cultural backwater throw away line. go back and read it. hows the british empire going? you guys have such great people skills its no wonder your country is slowly sinking. and who was it that tried to wipe out the aboriginals? think about it. UK migrants. we didn't have any "australians" then. the country was still run by english governers. scared of the poor old black man cos he looked different and didn't do what english people do. how dare they not cut down all the trees and plant crops and stick sheep everywhere.

take your bat and ball and slink off and take dave dave dave with you. .

and i see the latest result to the poll is 46% say it boring.. 6% say...of course its boring. 46% like it as much as watching snooker and darts and snail racing. the figures speak for themselves.

just a quick one jock, why have you got a pic of that great welsh comedian tommy cooper as your profile pic? whats wrong with your brilliant countryman billy connelly? is he too funny for you?

oh jock, come on. who took the topic off topic? its about IS SOCCER BORING? who started throwing the first stone? i said soccer, you said football. you then made it into a racist thing with your cultural backwater throw away line. go back and read it. hows the british empire going? you guys have such great people skills its no wonder your country is slowly sinking. and who was it that tried to wipe out the aboriginals? think about it. UK migrants. we didn't have any "australians" then. the country was still run by english governers. scared of the poor old black man cos he looked different and didn't do what english people do. how dare they not cut down all the trees and plant crops and stick sheep everywhere.

take your bat and ball and slink off and take dave dave dave with you. .

and i see the latest result to the poll is 46% say it boring.. 6% say...of course its boring. 46% like it as much as watching snooker and darts and snail racing. the figures speak for themselves.

just a quick one jock, why have you got a pic of that great welsh comedian tommy cooper as your profile pic? whats wrong with your brilliant countryman billy connelly? is he too funny for you?

Yeah... you should have stopped.

Now you're looking like an a**hole and you picked on the wrong guy. The stuff you wrote is ridiculously biased and inaccurate. And totally unrelated to the whole subject.

Your so-called poll is based on how many people? 15? 16? What kind of 'proof' is that? The proof is all around you... the WORLD loves football.... it's the favourite sport by far.... your ridiculous comparisons between Aussie Rules and American Football are baseless... those are the tiddlywinks of sport. Football is the king of sport... financially, popularity and excitement.

Want real proof? The World Cup. The whole ******* globe shuts down... entire countries stop work to watch... billions and billions are made and lost on those days. People weep when their team wins... or loses.

Frankly this thread is an embarrassment to you... I'm not sure what you hoped to achieve - some kind of notoriety or attention seeking. But you've just made yourself look stupid... seriously, trying to argue that football is boring, despite its immense popularity is a troll's game.

Sincerely yours

Dave Dave Dave

Yeah... you should have stopped.

Now you're looking like an a**hole and you picked on the wrong guy.

who's the wrong guy? you or stramash? i'm packin **** here now.

Want real proof? The World Cup. The whole f*cking globe shuts down... entire countries stop work to watch... billions and billions are made and lost on those days. People weep when their team wins... or loses.

billions stop to watch one game, the final. a few (million) might watch the semi's. i can't see millions watching nigeria playing ghana. its still going to be boring. even watching australia is going to be boring. ok, i'll give you the world cup might be exciting in small doses. so what happens for the next 4 years. yawn.

Frankly this thread is an embarrassment to you... I'm not sure what you hoped to achieve

did you read the title? do you know why people run polls? do you know what a poll is? question - is soccer boring. 46% say yes, 6% say of course, 46% say its the same as blah blah blah. gee, if i had known you and stramash were this sensitive, i would have run more of these.

cheers davedavedave

from me (another wrong guy)

I'm the wrong guy... you're on the site spouting bollocks about crap. I offered you a bit of friendly advice - you should have taken it.

You may think football is boring - and I'm not in the slightest bit interested in what you think it should be called - but you are in a minority. A tiny minority. Football is the world's most watched sport. The English Premier league covers the entire globe. 'Manchester United' is as recognisable as 'Coke'...

So instead of keeping it light-hearted and jocular, knowing that it was a bullshit subject from the start, you started getting nasty.

You should have stopped...

You have an opinion - that's fine. But by trying to present your opinion as a fact is a waste of time and plainly stupid. It's especially stupid when the weight of all evidence is against your point.

Here's my second piece of advice and you should take this one too....

Write something like, "Well, you guys are obviously too dense to understand my point, so I'm not going to discuss this further."

Then you can walk away from this train-wreck of a thread and convince yourself you scored a victory. Maybe later, when the world is glued to their TV sets watching their national teams, you can look at the billions watching and say, "Look at those idiots... watching a boring sport like football.... if only they knew what I know...."

I'm the wrong guy...

ah ha. the enforcer. sorry, i'll run everything thru you for your approval next time.

So instead of keeping it light-hearted and jocular, knowing that it was a bullshit subject from the start, you started getting nasty.

no, my mate stramash started with the "funny australian jokes" cultural backwater? if you can't take it, you shouldn't dish it out. i didn't see anything where i was resorting to cultural jokes to make my point before he came along. did you notice the poll questions? too subtle for you? this is/was a pisstake. i couldn't give a rats ass (arse for you) about soccer. its boring, my opinion. i never asked you to agree. the question was "is soccer boring"? could you "football lovers" keep to the subject and try to convince me its not????? of course not. i asked the question. why should you just answer the question. lets be funny and start flaming. he thought i was american at the start and started bashing gridiron. hahaha. so funny. lets start cultural bashing. i know billions watch it. does that make it not boring? nooooooo. 'its not soccer, its football" WHO CARES? 7 pages of "its football" .soccer is the name of the game. any sport that you use a ball and a foot is football. soccer is played with a round ball. geeeeeeee

You should have stopped...

yes sir

You have an opinion - that's fine.

thanks

Here's my second piece of advice and you should take this one too....

Write something like, "Well, you guys are obviously too dense to understand my point, so I'm not going to discuss this further."

and what would i do for fun then?

and just for some background for my mate stramash and his enforcer, i work in saudi for a british company. i didn't invent the term "poverty rock". this is what most brits here call UK.

my mate stramash stated that only 10% of UK live as ex-pats. in the company i work for, make that roughly 50%. why is this figure so high here? cos they can afford to go live anywhere except UK. why do they live as ex-pats in countries such as spain, malta, thailand, malaysia, australia. cos of the tax that they get slugged with, cos of all the illegal immigrants, cos of labor government. lots of reasons, but the bottom line is cos they can afford to live somewhere else. how many people would leave UK if they could afford to go.

i know this isn't about soccer, its just backing up some of my claims that you (E-B and jock) say is me being nasty.

Well - you see - ****-for-brains, your joke doesn't work.

Because your poll question is incomplete. Option C isn't finished. Scroll to the top of the page Mr Funnyman and see why your 7 pages of crap failed to raise a laugh. You have no punchline....

'Cos you f**ked it up, dumbass.

So then to turn this around and make it an anti UK thing was stupid. You could have lightened up pages ago, instead of banging on about Brits etc. You see the problem is this... you are a cyber-warrior. All talk and no walk. You feel confident to slag people off from the safety of your room, because you know there are no repercussions. I know you wouldn't walk into your room full of Brits and let them know how much disdain you have for their country.

I find a lot of washed-up guys like you, trolling on the net. Maybe they used to be a bit of a hardman. Maybe 15-20 years ago, they'd have been tough enough to say this stuff face to face. But age and decrepitude catches them up. So they take to being a hardman online... 'cos it reminds them of their glory days with none of the risks.

But time and tide wait for no man. And maybe one day, I'll be doing the same thing. Maybe one day, I'll be picking fights with people I have no chance of meeting. But right now, I can still see right through to the core and I see you. Sad, bitter, angry, jealous and resentful. Pouring out your bile to assuage the depression you feel every time you look in the mirror. And when you see those saggy pectorals and beer gut hanging over your too-high-polyester-blend pants, you think back to the days gone by when you could have backed up your words with deeds.

So then to turn this around and make it an anti UK thing was stupid. You could have lightened up pages ago, instead of banging on about Brits etc. You see the problem is this... you are a cyber-warrior. All talk and no walk. You feel confident to slag people off from the safety of your room, because you know there are no repercussions. I know you wouldn't walk into your room full of Brits and let them know how much disdain you have for their country.

although it could work quite well if the rant was actually funny...

although it could work quite well if the rant was actually funny...

Quite... I love those rants. Wait. I just had one.

Because your poll question is incomplete. Option C isn't finished.

duh! ! ! ! you have trouble reading.

So then to turn this around and make it an anti UK thing was stupid.

duh ! ! ! ! did you see any other nationalities slagging me off?

Maybe 15-20 years ago, they'd have been tough enough to say this stuff face to face. But age and decrepitude catches them up. So they take to being a hardman online... 'cos it reminds them of their glory days with none of the risks.

duh ! ! ! ! can't you read? i said i was repeating what my brit buddies say here in saudi. poverty rock. its not my saying. i spent 4 months in UK doing my training. you've got to be kidding me if you haven't seen an aussie slagging off a brit and vice versa. i do it every day at work and i cop it every day. but the topic here was SOCCER.

But time and tide wait for no man. And maybe one day, I'll be doing the same thing. Maybe one day, I'll be picking fights with people I have no chance of meeting.

duh ! ! ! ! my second home is thailand. you really think we have no chance of meeting?

And when you see those saggy pectorals and beer gut hanging over your too-high-polyester-blend pants, you think back to the days gone by when you could have backed up your words with deeds.

pects are still looking ok. i work for a living mr. office man. beer gut? maybe. it gets hot here you know. polyester pants? thats a horrible image. i think i want to go puke. do you have experience with polyester?

Because your poll question is incomplete. Option C isn't finished.

obviously you have never had anything to do with politicians or lawyers. you don't ever ask a question unless you know the answer you want. do you think i'm going to put an option saying "no, its not boring." duh! ! ! ! ! ! !

What a ****!

Keep digging... all opportunities to walk away with a scrap of self-respect flew out of the window long ago. See anyone backing you up? Anyone else jumping on your bizarre 'I hate football and Brits' band wagon?

Your Brit friends may well criticise their own country, but I dare you to show them this forum... It's one thing for us to do it, and quite another for someone to post offensive rants against another country.

Option C is just not funny... it's incomplete because you didn't add a punchline (I read it - it's weak). Maybe that's what passes for humour in your neck of the woods, but on this site you're going to have to try a lot harder if you're trying to be funny.

One thing I love about cyber-warriors (and this is true of every debate I've ever been in), is that as soon as they run out of valid points, they start making assumptions - in your case guessing incorrectly at my job. And then they begin trying to insinuate they have an important role in life, such as '...you obviously have no experience with politicians...'. Somehow implying that THEY do and, without ever having met me, they know I don't.

It's true - everyone does it. They start with, "I bet you're an English teacher." or "Yeah, you're probably a sex-tourist." and move on to "Well, I know Mr __________ who is the chief of _______ ."

It's a clear sign their argument has no validity.

So here it is... finally - because you're boring me...

Football is not boring... YOU think it's boring - but as opinions go it's not a particularly important subject on which to ruin your online reputation and act like a knob.