Israel does it again...

hmmm.. not long ago, live ammunition was fired into another group of demonstrators, demonstrators who also liked to call themselves peaceful.

Seems like most of the members in this forum (me included!) had no problems with that..

But if Israeli Army forcefully protect their borders, shut down demonstrations or engage an armed mob in firefights, they are committing atrocities..

Just an observation..

Before anyone starts. Yes, I know we can't even start to compare the two conflicts, and no, I do not have any issues about how the Thai Government dealt with the violence in BKK..

My point is, Governments have the right to take extreme measures to restore safety for their people, and in my opinion, so do the Israelis..

At least no one was able to start the usual rants of how f**ked up USA is during the unrest in Thailand :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask your representative to invite them to your country... or ask the Arabic neighbors to open their doors and wallets. OR If you are so passionate about it go there to aid the Palestinian refuges. Hope they accept you with open arms and minds.

it IS their land ... it is their country !!!! why the f**k should they have to go anywhere else !!! :roll: :roll:

In that case...

GIVE AMERICA BACK TO THE INDIANS!

GIVE AUSTRALIA TO THE ABORIGINAL!

GIVE EVERY NATION COLONIZED BY EVERY OTHER NATION BACK TO THE ORIGINAL INHABITANTS!

GIVE THE WORLDS BACK TO NEANDERTHALLS.

although I think that's happening already. I am buying land on Mars as we speak.

we are "supposed" to have progressed beyond the stage were we obtain land by force and murdering the local occupants ..... this is what the UN (and before the League of Nations) are meant to try and prevent. however, israel continues to disregard international law and the international community sits back and does f**k all !!!

That's because Israel owns the world. :roll:

hmmm.. not long ago, live ammunition was fired into another group of demonstrators, demonstrators who also liked to call themselves peaceful.

Seems like most of the members in this forum (me included!) had no problems with that..

But if Israeli Army forcefully protect their borders, shut down demonstrations or engage an armed mob in firefights, they are committing atrocities..

Just an observation..

Israel was NOT ....

1. Protecting their borders.

2. Shutting down a demonstration in Israel

3. Engaging an armed mob in a firefight.

what they were actually doing was piracy and murder in international waters .... just a tad different to circumstances in bkk !!!

They're too busy posting condemnations of Israel on Internet fora.

Israel should've just torpedoed the simpering fools into oblivion. There won't be any peace in that region until someone picks the scabs off and lets the pus run.

The U.S. should take the handcuffs off Israel and let them exact some justice against the ******* wog countries that have been nickel-and-dime attacking Israelis for the last 60+ years. That would solve more than one problem in the region and "clear some land" for new settlements in the process.

Israel should've just torpedoed the simpering fools into oblivion. There won't be any peace in that region until someone picks the scabs off and lets the pus run.

The U.S. should take the handcuffs off Israel and let them exact some justice against the f*cking wog countries that have been nickel-and-dime attacking Israelis for the last 60+ years. That would solve more than one problem in the region and "clear some land" for new settlements in the process.

Nice profile picture rob...

Israel was NOT ....

what they were actually doing was piracy and murder in international waters .... just a tad different to circumstances in bkk !!!

Indirectly they were protecting their borders, by denying God knows what from being delivered to enemies who have sworn to annihilate the Israeli state..

If the shipments had been - as suggested by the Israelies - run by UN, there wouldn't have been ANY issues whatsoever, but they insisted on challenge the installed embargo..

They knew this was going to happen, this was what they wanted to happen, and , judging from the demonstrations going on in Europe, it worked perfectly

If the shipments had been - as suggested by the Israelies - run by UN, there wouldn't have been ANY issues whatsoever

You've obviously not been following the struggle in Gaza for very long.

The UN have been blocked time and time again from delivering AID to Gaza.

Israel was NOT ....

Indirectly they were protecting their borders, by denying God knows what from being delivered to enemies who have sworn to annihilate the Israeli state..

If the shipments had been - as suggested by the Israelies - run by UN, there wouldn't have been ANY issues whatsoever, but they insisted on challenge the installed embargo..

They knew this was going to happen, this was what they wanted to happen, and , judging from the demonstrations going on in Europe, it worked perfectly

do u really think Israel didn't know exactly what was on those ships !!!

and what the f**k gives Israel the right to impose an embargo on anybody ?? more fascist behaviour from them !! and the said embargo also prevents the UN from delivering supplies into gaza, so that's not really an option now is it !!!

i don't think it's worked perfectly for the poor buggers on the ship who have been murdered by the israelis !!!

Not according to CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/05/31/gaza.flotilla.aid/

Anyway, my initial post was just an observation.. I'm guessing we'll never see eye to eye on this conflict, and TF isn't the best suited forum to continue this discussion..

JTHM signing off...

Not according to CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/05/31/gaza.flotilla.aid/

Anyway, my initial post was just an observation.. I'm guessing we'll never see eye to eye on this conflict, and TF isn't the best suited forum to continue this discussion..

JTHM signing off...

If the UN were allowed to freely deliver aid to Gaza, it would be in a much better state than it is now, but the simple fact is, they control how much aid goes into Gaza, not the UN.

The U.S. should take the handcuffs off Israel and let them exact some justice against the f*cking wog countries that have been nickel-and-dime attacking Israelis for the last 60+ years. That would solve more than one problem in the region and "clear some land" for new settlements in the process.

Nice profile picture rob...

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

This conflict has got big potential to turn into something monstrous, we all do not want to happen. The US practise of appeasement policy and their mediation bet ween Palestinians and Israel since decades still makes sense to me.

Inherent in appeasement is keeping your mouth shut occasionally and better not put oil into the fire.

Hopefully this policy will turn out more successful than Chamberlain, who tried hard towards Hitler Germany, but in the end failed. Israel should be aware that the Arab nations in case of war might not be that unorganised they were back in the days of Jom Kippur or 6days - war.

They are playing with fire. But go an tell a kid that the frying pan is hot..

Some might have missed this or not understood it, so I'll just clarify.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the term "wog", is slang and refers to a doll called "Golliwog", popular with children in the West from the late 1800's to about the 1960's, when it was realised that it was degrading to dark skinned people.

Nowadays the term "Wog" is usually used as a racial slur towards Africans and Asians, to demean their ethnicity and, amongst non-racists, the word is pretty much universally treated as abhorrent, and usage is exclusively restricted to racists.

Here's A LINK if you'd like to know more.

One of those "true colour" moments.

US hasn't said anything yet cos they have no idea what to say. they've always supported Israel through thick and thin over the years and now they've been dropped in the sh*t by their mates.

Maybe now they'll realise that their special relationship with Israel is of no advantage to them whatsoever, in fact, it's exactly the opposite.

If they side with Israel on this one, then all this talk of rebuilding relationships with Muslim nations and their hopes for peaceful co-existence will be seen for exactly what it is; just talk.

the US will do diddly squat .... Israel's illegal construction of settlements on palestinian land has intensified in the last 20 years and the US and the international community has done sweet f**k all about it !!!

Not sure the US will do "diddly squat". I'd say they'll do something but probably not enough. Question is though, what will all of the other countries who are allies to Israel do? Will their politicians simply make a lot of speeches condemning Israel? Will they do no more than recall someone from their embassy?

People seem to think the US does nothing (I agree they don't do enough), but I'd be interested to know what other countries are doing. What is the UK doing? What is France doing? What is Australia doing?

Just in case anyone was wondering, the term "wog", is slang and refers to a doll called "Golliwog", popular with children in the West from the late 1800's to about the 1960's, when it was realised that it was degrading to dark skinned people.

Nowadays the term "Wog" is usually used as a racial slur towards Africans and Asians, to demean their ethnicity and, amongst non-racists, the word is pretty much universally treated as abhorrent, and usage is exclusively restricted to racists.

Your reference is to British usage of the term. I'm American, and my usage of it refers neither to Asians nor Africans, but to those who would do harm to Israel. Not too hard to figure that out, is it?

BTW, I wear that color on my sleeve.

Anyone looking for moral high ground in this thread has a long climb ahead.

Definition-

Wog is an ethnic slur in Australian English denoting Australians of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern or Southern European origins.

In case you didn't know, wogs come from the following nations:

- Afghanistan

- Albania

- Armenia

- Assyria

- Azerbaijan

- Bahrain

- Belarus

- Bulgaria

- Bosnia

- Croatia

- Czech Republic

- Cyprus

- Egypt

- Georgia

- Greece

- Iran

- Iraq

- Israel

- Italy

- Jordan

- Kuwait

- Lebanon

- Macedonia

- Malta

- Morocco

- Oman

- Palestine

- Poland

- Portugal

- Qatar

- Romania

- Russia

- Saudi Arabia

- Serbia

- Slovenia

- Spain

- Syria

- Turkey

- Turkmenistan

- Ukraine

- United Arab Emirates

- Yemen

WOG :evil:

WOG World of Goo

WOG Wake of Gods

WOG Word of God

WoG Whole of Government

WoG Wrath of God (game)

WOG Worthy Oriental Gentleman

WOG Water-Oil-Gas (valves, pressure)

WOG Without Guarantee

WOG Westinghouse Owners Group

WOG Westernised Oriental Gentleman

WOG Working On Government

WOG Woman of God

WOG Without Giblets

WOG With Other Goods

WOG Way Out Games

WOG Without Girlfriend

WOG Watch Officer's Guide

WOG Weight on Gear

WOG Wisdom Oriented Guardian

WOG Wings Of Green

WOG Whole Oat Groats

WOG Work Order Generator

WOG Work Out Gardener

WOG Way of Gun

WOG Weight on Ground

While there are a lot of people visibly upset in various Arab and Muslim countries over Israel's action. And while many Arab and Muslim politicians are demanding action. Will any of them do the same then next time a Muslim terrorist does something? Will any of them do anything the next time a suicide bomber blows up a group of people in Israel, or anywhere for that matter? Will any of them do anything the next time a car bomb goes off? Probably not :shock:

Your reference is to British usage of the term. I'm American, and my usage of it refers neither to Asians nor Africans, but to those who would do harm to Israel. Not too hard to figure that out, is it?

wog is the equivalent of ****** ... nice to see the israelis keeping such good company !!!

Definition-

Wog is an ethnic slur in Australian English denoting Australians of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern or Southern European origins.

Correctamundo!

When I grew up in Oz in the 80s and 90s the term wog or wogs was derogatory and used primarily towards Asutralian people of Greek and Italian decent. The Mediterranean and Southern European origin. Later, some other ethnic groups were called wogs as well given that Australians were not that discerning in their racism. Lebanese being a large immigrant pop were generally called Lebos. Not to be confused with the Greek island!

From the mid 90s onwards, the term wog or wogs fell out of favour after being reclaimed to an extent, popularised by the comedic play 'Wogs out of Work' which was a huge hit. Beej, I am not sure that the term is used so much in ref to people of middle eatsern descent but I have not live in Oz for a while.

(It is worth noting that the 2nd largest city in terms of pop of Greeks is Melbourne, Australia. The 1st obviously being Athens).

Others currently living in Oz can expand on the above but in any event I didn't really understand what Rob was expressing. :roll:

wog is the equivalent of ****** ... nice to see the israelis keeping such good company !!!

Oh, get real, Ciaran! Your sanctimonious pap does nothing more than cast a thin veil over your own bigotry.

Oh, get real, Ciaran! Your sanctimonious pap does nothing more than cast a thin veil over your own bigotry.

bollocks .... u r using a highly offensive racist slur !! try calling a black guy in the UK a wog and see how f**king sanctimonious he is with U !!!!