How The World Cup affects you?

SweetieBabie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the world cup can be annoying, Not because of the competition, but you see every chav wearing an England top, they all have St Georges flags on the windows of their banged up fiestas. Once this is all over they will go back to complaining how **** this country is.

On the bright side, its always amusing to see bitter Scots picking on our mistakes to try and disguise their jealousy for us making it.

This charade is all about money.

SHOCKING revelation. stop the presses.

so Beyonce would have been a better bet than a local artist. plus she can relate to them in some way. PLUS i do not have anything against Americans.

i missed the opening ceremony, did she perform at the opening day ?

i doubt Beyonce would be better at relating to South Africans than a local artist... but on the other hand it ain't the "South Africa Cup."

i'd have preferred Beyonce, but mainly because i'd expect the song would have been slightly less shitty.

How does the World Cup affect me ? Hmmmmmm Being that I'm a huge football hater I'd say that because it is dominating the media it is a huge annoyance..

Turn on the news... 'Here are the headlines.... Today at the Worlds Cup......''

Since when did the 'sport' headline suddenly become more important than other World news and events ? Surely the World Cup coverage should be part of the 'sports news' Not the main news ?

Why do you have a sports channel ( say Star Sport or Sky sport ) if poor sods like me have to suffer the footbal news when I'm watching the 'news' channel..

Surely the sports shite belongs on the sports channel... You don't see the MotoGP results takng presedence over a plane crash or some national disaster so why is football considered so important ?

Lets get back to the days when it was only on Saturday Afternoon (even that was too often) and restore the TV to serious news items and documentaries..

Did I mention I hate football ?

Speaking of which, girls have now started wearing football shirts and shorts in bars and restaurants.

They look great.

During the last world cup, I had a member of staff who wore a pair of hotpants with the black and white hexagons printed on them... She looked so good, a guest called his friend to bring his camera and take pictures of her arse.

Amazing... I can't remember what I had for lunch this afternoon, but I can remember her shorts after 4 years. I don't even remember her name. So cute though.

('scuse me, I'll be back in about 5 minutes)

Just be glad you are in Thailand.. I picked posibly the worst week of the year to visit the UK.. (It may get worse if the UK team make it thru to the next round)

Not only is the World Cup on all TV stations and Newspapers ... Every other car or house you see seems to have the St' George's ''football'' flag flying from it ... Talk about stereotypes but every car/van you see with a flafg on seems to be piloted by a fat pasty faced baldy headed neaderthal... :roll:

Gonna be a Month of national morning if the UK gets knocked out ... :lol:

Just be glad you are in Thailand.. I picked posibly the worst week of the year to visit the UK.. (It may get worse if the UK team make it thru to the next round)

Not only is the World Cup on all TV stations and Newspapers ... Every other car or house you see seems to have the St' George's ''football'' flag flying from it ... Talk about stereotypes but every car/van you see with a flafg on seems to be piloted by a fat pasty faced baldy headed neaderthal... :roll:

Gonna be a Month of national morning if the UK gets knocked out ... :lol:

you not only know little about football; you know little about geography and nationalities too!!

There is no 'UK' team; there is Angleland, Scotland (yes we know we're shite), Wales and Northern Ireland.

And the flag, though being flown predominantly for the football is not a 'football' flag; it is the national flag of Angleland.

And go to Wales, Ireland or Scotland and you will escape the St George's crosses and see only celebration when Angleland go out in the next round!

:D

you will escape the St George's crosses and see only celebration when Angleland go out in the next round!

As opposed to not qualifying at all... Which has to really hurt.

(Unless you never qualify.)

would only hurt if there was a pre existing expectation. And the only thing we expect is to do well against the Frances and Italys of this world, then struggle against shite like the Faroe Islands!!!

There were games in qualifying where we should have won but, as always, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Holland were amazing throughout (if I remember rightly they won the group by 13 or 14 points!) and the less said about the Norway debacle the better!!

Stevie did make a good point earlier; unlike the FA (who have done brilliantly) there is a real lack of investment at grass roots level. You go to comparably sized countries (remembering England has 10 times the population of Scotland) and there is good youth level football.

And unlike days of yore, I would not say there is a single world class player in the Scotland squad at the moment. We seem to produce some great managers just now but few top players.

The SPL is a joke. 3rd rate Lithuanians and Georgians playing on 3rd rate pitches.

We have a semi decent manager at the moment, but until the quality at playing level improves I cant see us qualifying for any major tournament in the near future.

But just a reminder of our usual 'beat the big guys, lose to the **** guys' philosophy...

Beating the Netherlands, losing to Peru and drawing with fricking Iran!!!! (and going out on goal difference for the 2nd successive tournament!)

(and yes I know it's 32 years ago but you bastards are still going on about something from 44 years ago!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uchI1g3tM

I have no problem with Geography .. Just no interest in football.. I don't know who is playing and don't care if they are Brits, Jocks, Paddy's or Taffs..

It's still a shite game that is over represented in the media....

I do however know what the St George Cross is thank you.. That was why 'football flag' was in inverted commas. As it has been adopted by English football twats.. Unfortunately this hasn't done much for England apart from convincing foreigners that we are all hooligans..

I have no problem with Geography .. Just no interest in football.. I don't know who is playing and don't care if they are Brits, Jocks, Paddy's or Taffs..

FAIL!

still getting it wrong!

Brits??

FYI, the English are probably the least 'British' our of the four you mentioned.

They are English, or Angles, or more generally c*nts.

And as to being a 'shite' game, you are entitled to your opinion even when it is wrong. :wink:

But seriously, if you are stuck in the UK for a while, get the f*ck out of England and you will escape the saturation that seems to annoy you so badly!

:lol:

you will escape the St George's crosses and see only celebration when Angleland go out in the next round!

As opposed to not qualifying at all... Which has to really hurt.

(Unless you never qualify.)

would only hurt if there was a pre existing expectation. And the only thing we expect is to do well against the Frances and Italys of this world, then struggle against shite like the Faroe Islands!!!

There were games in qualifying where we should have won but, as always, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Holland were amazing throughout (if I remember rightly they won the group by 13 or 14 points!) and the less said about the Norway debacle the better!!

Stevie did make a good point earlier; unlike the FA (who have done brilliantly) there is a real lack of investment at grass roots level. You go to comparably sized countries (remembering England has 10 times the population of Scotland) and there is good youth level football.

And unlike days of yore, I would not say there is a single world class player in the Scotland squad at the moment. We seem to produce some great managers just now but few top players.

The SPL is a joke. 3rd rate Lithuanians and Georgians playing on 3rd rate pitches.

We have a semi decent manager at the moment, but until the quality at playing level improves I cant see us qualifying for any major tournament in the near future.

But just a reminder of our usual 'beat the big guys, lose to the sh*t guys' philosophy...

Beating the Netherlands, losing to Peru and drawing with fricking Iran!!!! (and going out on goal difference for the 2nd successive tournament!)

(and yes I know it's 32 years ago but you bastards are still going on about something from 44 years ago!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uchI1g3tM

:( Ahh.. Iain, that's sounded hurt ...

FAIL!

still getting it wrong!

Brits??

FYI, the English are probably the least 'British' our of the four you mentioned.

And as to being a 'shite' game, you are entitled to your opinion even when it is wrong. :wink:

But seriously, if you are stuck in the UK for a while, get the f*ck out of England and you will escape the saturation that seems to annoy you so badly!

So funny the exchange you 2 are having. Pattaya man, England and the UK/Great Britain are not quite the same lol. Like France and Europe aren't either. No offence, and if you don't like it in England why don't you **** off back to your own.............. oh, yes, sorry, you are already there.

FAIL!

still getting it wrong!

Brits??

Mate.. You don't get it... It's not about Nationalism... I haven't lived in the UK for 23 years.. And even when I did I never understood all the regional hostlity .. It's the UK to me... and I'm British... Yes I was born in England but my Mum is Irish and my Das is a Scot and French ( :oops: ) mix.. Yes I've read all the history and can see why the jocks, welsh and irish have an ax to grind... But dude it's history ! Get over it..

Football is still a shite game ( IMHO ) I prefer rugby and motorsport

and if England gets knocked out in the first round it will suit me fine.. But I'd be just as happy for the other "British teams'' to fail too... Why ? Just cos there'd be less coverage in the media and I could watch the real news stories... Enjoy :wink:

FAIL!

still getting it wrong!

Brits??

Mate.. You don't get it... It's not about Nationalism... I haven't lived in the UK for 23 years.. And even when I did I never understood all the regional hostlity .. It's the UK to me... and I'm British... Yes I was born in England but my Mum is Irish and my Das is a Scot and French ( :oops: ) mix.. Yes I've read all the history and can see why the jocks, welsh and irish have an ax to grind... But dude it's history ! Get over it..

Football is still a shite game ( IMHO ) I prefer rugby and motorsport

and if England gets knocked out in the first round it will suit me fine.. But I'd be just as happy for the other "British teams'' to fail too... Why ? Just cos there'd be less coverage in the media and I could watch the real news stories... Enjoy :wink:

Just yanking your chain, I have only been there for 3 weeks in the last 8 years.

Now fook off back to your own................ kidding buddy. It's nice to have Pattaya Daz back on TF. Seems years.