Restaurant Reviews

English_Bob

Question

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mrs Balbirs Suk 11 for Butter Chicken Tikka Massala.

Pizza Pizza in Central Chitlom for Margarita Pizza.

Great American Rib Co on Soi 36 for Bacon cheeseburgers.

Lasagna at the Italian on the left handside of Soi 8.

A nana burger at midnight is nice too, not too sure about the ambiance though

Yes they're very good, but describing it as a "Nana Burger" somehow makes it lose its appeal. Think you should have finished hamburger naming school!

Those Rat Burgers outside Nana are proper.

Where is the best all-day English served?

IMO the best is at Dubliner. It's huge. I can barely make a dent. I think it costs 400+ baht. But you don't need to eat for the rest of the day.

Molly Malones does an awesome deal - breakfast and coffee for 99 baht. There are some conditions, but it's a good feed at a low price.

Eye, tis a whopper there for sure (cackles)

Soi 8 bar does a good one for 190 baht including drink which is more than enough for me. Smaller but ok is The German Bier Bar soi 11 for 99b includes cereal, tea/coffee and orange juice.

Cheapest Ive ever had and fook knows how they do it is Sailor Bar in Pattaya. Bacon, 2 eggs, sausage, ham, salad, toast & Jam Tea/coffee and orange juice....although they just put the price up to 55 baht from 50 so I for one wont be back!

usually have the soi 8 breakfast when watching the sunday morning boxing .... which usually degenerates into an all day drinking f**king mess !!!

So what you are saying is you've never been in a fit state to remember if it was any good?

Fkn alkys I cant be doing with them :roll:

i can remember the soi 8 breakfast is pretty damm good .... it's the rest of the day i'm not too sure about !! :roll: :roll:

Yes they're very good, but describing it as a "Nana Burger" somehow makes it lose its appeal. Think you should have finished hamburger naming school!

a rare beej lowlife common ground

For after 12 dining, I like the steam pots at Lucy Bar in front of the EverRich Inn. Sally has been operating her late night restaurant there going on 11 years now. She also does some good seafood if that is your taste, with decently cheap prices on all the offerings.

She's put both her daughters through college, and built herself a nice little compound out in Rangsit just from that one little late night street restaurant. The food is good enough that she has stayed in business when others around her have went under.

One of her daughter's started Lucy Bar II on the next block up about 3 years ago, and is making more than she would if she was working in her field of study from the Univercity.

The Lucy Bar name came from her one daughter named Lucy that made it fairly big in the English movie business, as a supporting actress in 5 movies last count. She had a part in the last Mr. Bean movie. Her mother is proud of her enough to name the business's after her.

If you happen to be up late you won't be disapointed in what is on the menu at either of her restaurants.

a rare beej lowlife common ground

Ratburger is as close as you'll get me to Nana...

I have a lot of place in my mind now

Friend like to said coz im always thinking about eat !!

I will chose Japanese food first and most place I went is Buffet coz I will spend more money if not buffet :D

- Kuroda

- Taketai

-Toyo Ichiban

- Shabushi

- Oishi express

- Giants

- Kisso

- Kacho

Now , I can remember only this

Maybe more later :D

Back for more local eatery, if anyone is interested.

Sa-nguan Sri, it's a small restaurant that opens for over 40 yrs on Wireless Road. If you come down to BTS Ploenchit station, walk down the foot bridge and keep going straight towards Lumpini Park. Before reaching Plaza Athenee, you'll see an old low rise building.

The place only open for lunch, from around 11 am - 1.30 pm. They serve authentic Thai food, that I'd say all of dishes offered in the menu taste good.

The service is again.. not their good point, but the food is so good that I go there at least once a week.

New Puu Daeng Som Tam -- Sin Thorn Building

If you are a fan of tasteful Isaan food, in an air-con room, this is the place. Variety of food is good, and again the place is super busy during lunch time. Go there around 1 pm, so you don't have to fight for the seats, and the food will be served fast.

I love Indian food. I'm English, so it's compulsory.

I have a house in Birmingham and used to eat Indian food several times every week.

So tonight I went out in Pattaya with my Dad, Step Mum and my friend Tommy.

We went to Second Road and stopped at the first Indian place we saw - The Tandoori House. It didn't look good, but the food and service were excellent. Not expensive either - about 400 per head for plenty of grub and a couple of beers.

Well recommended.

I have a house in Birmingham and used to eat Indian food several times every week.

We went to Second Road and stopped at the first Indian place we saw - The Tandoori House. It didn't look good, but the food and service were excellent. Not expensive either - about 400 per head for plenty of grub and a couple of beers.

Well recommended.

Any good ones in Bangkok? Only Brits or Indians need to reply..

Well recommended.

Continued...

I can also now confirm authentic 'ring sting' and farts that can melt plastic chairs.