Food Supplements

Whitepearl

was using Flex brand, seems to be the big one in Thailand at the moment, was paying 1000 baht for 1kg, moved onto a more expensive brand that my Gym imports called Musashi, 1900 per kilo but tastes great.

I stick to my quaker oats for Carbs though, no need to supplement those!

I dare you to try whey protein from Undercover's company. You'll LOVE it :)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of Food Supplements do you currently buy/use?

If money was not a factor, what products/brands would you like to get?

What you believe their benefits are?

(I am considering a new business for Thailand that involves Food Supplements. So every additional feedback I can put in this project-study is highly welcomed, Thank You :wink: )

money no object.... HGH

• 2 months later...

Outside of the USA, food supp's tend to have variable and insane pricing.

Iv used :

ON 100% whey gold standard

Ultimate nutrition isosensation (isolate)

San Volumass

Labrada Lean Body

Arginine Ethyl Esther (this stuff is sick...super pumps)

The downside is I havent been to a gym in about 14 months....staple supplements have been beer and thc :twisted:

Unless you have a medical deficit, one should seriously consider the supplements' true chemical content, side effects, true medically proven benefits and viability before taking them. Many supplements are detrimental to prescribed medications as well. Most supplements contain various unwanted heavy metals and dangerous chemicals. Unless you have it analyzed you can only "believe" what you want. Giving medical advice based on personal opinion can be deadly.

A healthy diet and exercise doesn't need supplements, unless you have a clinically diagnosed medical problem.

Additionally, isn?t this a form of commercializing products on TF?

Take care please.

...oh..and extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic etc ,..yep, all good suppliments. 8)

Now those are excellent "supplements".

But for example, grapefruit with Alprazolam, (Xanax) can be quite dangerous!

as well as grapefruit with any type of statins... :D

(oh and adding chillies to your shower gel can be quite dangerous too...just in case some lunatic is thinking of doing it...)

...oh..and extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic etc ,..yep, all good suppliments. 8)

(oh and adding chillies to your shower gel can be quite dangerous too...just in case some lunatic is thinking of doing it...)

Yes, there's a long list, and talk about a hot shower!!! wow. :P

Yes, there's a long list, and talk about a hot shower!!! wow. :P

Mike, you WILL put chillis in your shower gel. You...

nah only kidding mate; couldn't do that to anyone :lol:

and not so much on food supplements but from a client of one of our sister agencies; never mix rohypnol with heroin...unless you want to play 'statues' for 4 hours... :D

Talk about hot, Thai food is really hot, but NOTHNG compared to:

Pure white Capsicum chili powder. The tiny 1ml vial contains pure white capsicum crystals, hottest chili powder known to man. No edible food product in the world could get hotter.

or even a Dorset Naga; yes, the world's hottest chilli comes from...

the UK?????? :shock:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article700700.ece

Pure white Capsicum chili powder. The tiny 1ml vial contains pure white capsicum crystals, hottest chili powder known to man. No edible food product in the world could get hotter.

Mrs Michaud was stunned when the Dorset Naga gave a reading of nearly 900,000SHU. A fresh sample was sent to a lab in New York used by the American Spice Trade Association and recorded a mouth-numbing 923,000SHUs. You just touch your food with it. (Or rub your fingernail on it before your 4 play?)

But compare your dorset with my Pure white Capsicum chili powder.

FROM HOT TO NOT

Scoville Heat Units

Pure capsaicin: 15m to 16m

US Police-grade pepper spray: 5m

Dorset Naga: 923,000

Red Savina habanero: 577,000

Scotch bonnet: 100,000-325,000

Jamaican hot pepper: 100,000-200,000

Cayenne pepper: 30,000-50,000

Jalapeno pepper: 2,500-8,000

Tabasco sauce: 2,500

Mrs Michaud was stunned when the Dorset Naga gave a reading of nearly 900,000SHU. A fresh sample was sent to a lab in New York used by the American Spice Trade Association and recorded a mouth-numbing 923,000SHUs. You just touch your food with it. (Or rub your fingernail on it before your 4 play?)

FROM HOT TO NOT

Scoville Heat Units

oh realised the capsaicin blew everything away, but that is the active ingredient of almost all peppers and chillis and is refined.

The Dorset Naga is hottest in natural state. What I thought was funny/scary was the Bangladeshi cook saying how mnay people don't cook with it; they just touch their food with it!!!

:lol:

FROM HOT TO NOT

Scoville Heat Units

oh realised the capsaicin blew everything away, but that is the active ingredient of almost all peppers and chillis and is refined.

The Dorset Naga is hottest in natural state. What I thought was funny/scary was the Bangladeshi cook saying how mnay people don't cook with it; they just touch their food with it!!!

You just touch your food with it. (Or rub your fingernail on it before your 4 play?)

FROM HOT TO NOT

Scoville Heat Units

You just touch your food with it. (Or rub your fingernail on it before your 4 play?)

NOW THAT'S NASTY!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

...I agree with many of the above.

..why should you supplement something that you should be having anyway?

..I went through the whole "i hate vegtables" era...but because my father was a no-bull person...I would have to eat them, and his home made chilli sauce as well....

..Now I prefer vegetables to anything else...love them...In fact there is nothing I don't really eat because we should be appreciative of what others don't have....

..This all came from fast foods and fussy people who have allowed their children to go uneducated with regard to healthy foods...

..To tell you the truth, even though it's slightly off topic...it really pisses me off when I hear people saying..."oh I don't like that..!"

..unless you have a medical reason...I think it is disgusting, passing off food which people would fight for...

..Food supplements are like fake tans.....and the people who use them for reasons other than medical are lazy...

...what's next?

Sleep supplements - For those people who are too tired to sleep

Sex supplements - When you just can't fit it in !

...I'm probably off topic, but i'm alone here and it's New Years Eve...I saw the thing about good food and healthy diets, then the chillis and it all came out...

..is anybody else here? Do you want to go halves on a New Year's supplement?

...it's basically a recorded MP3 of some people having a good time and you pretend that you are there....

Im no doctor so my points are just my personal thoughts...

Environment has changed

Diets have changed

Nutritional values gone down

Pollution gone up

Lifestyle change (alcohol/smoke)

A little bit of supplementation (Vitamins etc) would help IMO. Doesnt need to be chemicals... it could be organics like "Spirulina".

At the end of the day, a supplement is just what the name says it is...it 'supplements' or add's to the existing.

A little bit of supplementation (Vitamins etc) would help IMO. Doesnt need to be chemicals... it could be organics like "Spirulina".

At the end of the day, a supplement is just what the name says it is...it 'supplements' or add's to the existing.

Getting vitamins from natural food is waaaaaaaay better than taking pills. There has been published research recently on the ineffectiveness of pills as dietary supplements. While the supposed contents might be good for you, the method of delivery can be ineffective at best and dangerous at worst.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting vitamins from natural food is waaaaaaaay better than taking pills.

Agree 100%

Unfortunately not everyone can get onboard a near perfect diet these days :(

There has been published research recently on the ineffectiveness of pills as dietary supplements. While the supposed contents might be good for you, the method of delivery can be ineffective at best and dangerous at worst.

Interesting, could you link me to the study you mentioned?

Iv used Centrum & also something called NOW 'Adam' from the USA.