Why do Thai girls go with very older men?

FarangSanook

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never would you see a 23 year old with a 40 year old guy in the states, unless you're Tom Cruise!

yeah... right dennis. you don't get out much do you? :roll:

and I think only on bum bum

ho ho, me so goot :)

in a way, this post was brilliant. a windup SO obvious, SO unconvincing, that i almost believe this post might be real...

post modern literary theorists could build a career on this.

A comparison from the media here:

Just last week one finnish tabloid had one topic in front page like some "famous", media person woman, model or not, saying "10 years age difference isn't that bad. Telling the secrets" or something like that, this woman being something like 28...

Go figure!!!

But well, maybe "most" ppl lived their lifes in the (Western) Europe the last 20-30 years do not get the "big" age gaps I would argue, and it just is hard to get over this preconception. That's just the way it is, and will provide endless threads on forums like Thailandfriends ad infinitum. :) (I am not saying jee or nay on this...) But zeusbheld made good comment, imho, explaining a lot to me: you see it happen in western world when it comes to rich and famous. So, now I understood, many "older" farangs are the "rockstars" of Thailand when it comes to perceived money and power...? So, now I personally "get" the age gap very well. :)

I chuckled silently when I read the topi on tabloidc, come on, 10 years is nothing (welll, maybe they just had a very slow day at the press)...

Well Simmo that may have been a little presumtuous to call for the closure of the thread, but I tend to agree that probably the subject has been done to death already.

Now my turn to be presumtuous - to summarise what I see so far it appears that there are many different reason, ranging from your comment that it is all to do with money to the point raised by a few that the older guys are more likley to offer security, and although that is linked to finance in part, it is also emotional security.

Women often want a stable relationship more than just simply one that has plenty of money - if there is enough to cover the couples needs and give her a comforable lifestyle without needing to be extravagant, then many girls will go for that.

They would rather thet than the constant worry that the young boyfriend/husband is just about to run off with the cute girl he met at the shops or whatever... The feeling is that the older guy has seen it all anyway and has decided to be with this girl, and is less likely to stray, as it means a complete re-start that the guy is often not interested in, and just wants a stable life too.

Anyway,.... just a thought!

Greer (and Grezzzy)

They would rather thet than the constant worry that the young boyfriend/husband is just about to run off with the cute girl he met at the shops or whatever...

Doesn' this just sound to you a worrisome emotional insecurity and (unhealthy) insecurity about human relations and their bonds?

Would you want to be with someone who is all the time either constantly a) jealous (imho a reflection of same reasoning) B) afraid that you will leave him/her? And then "you", the object of this "afection" would all the time know that the other person is with you because he/she knows that "you can't/don't want to run off with someone prettier and younger" (These reasons being very shallow imho and should be the reason two ppl stay together in the first place)

This kind of emotional attachment reasoning couldn't / wouldn't/ (I would not want to believe so), be true only for a fraction of female/male population in a any given country!?

In very "flaming" comparison: these kinds of ppl, men and women, would be the most happiest with someone crippled and ugly (and rich), who can't run away himself/herself...they could be sure that they "owned" the other totally. Reference: "Misery" (A great movie!)

[[The second sentence about more precise "reason" for "older parter is more willing to have steady life" is still interesting view, because after all, think about the older person who is getting the affection of a younger person: man, is that a big boost to ego or not! The minute he/she goes steady with one hottie or stud, she/he starts to thing "Am I good looking or what, where is the next even younger woman/man"... ;) ]]

(My reply is totally detached from any country and just a general "reasoning"...)

I am off to home town, take care, and love any person you like: old, young, big, small, fat, skinny, black, white, red, yellow or eskimo! Most important: be nice na! :)

i'm sure i've said it before, but i'm happy to say it again.

the simple fact of the matter is that status and resources affect a man's mating chances much, much more than looks or age.

low-status males don't have much in the way of mating opportunity, fulll stop.

it isn't necessarily about money either--'success' can be viewed a lot of ways. i know a painter in new york who is 'successful' in that he's charming, witty, and has some status in the art-world. he doesn't have a pot to piss in financially. he does quite well, all things considered, at chatting up the young ladies--and he's in his mid 70s.

the bottom line is that men are attracted to good looks and youth, as these are indicators of fertility. you can fight it and piss and moan about how unfair it is, but it's just biological fact.

the bottom line on the other side is that women are attracted to status and prestige (and yes, money, but it's not just about the money). the reason is that women are the ones who get pregnant. thus subconsciously, they are looking for an ally as much as anything in a partner. here are a lot of factors that go into what makes a man attractive to women, but women unconcsciously view men as "success machines."

i'm sure i've said it before, but i'm happy to say it again.

the simple fact of the matter is that status and resources affect a man's mating chances much, much more than looks or age.

it isn't necessarily about money either--'success' can be viewed a lot of ways. i know a painter in new york who is 'successful' in that he's charming, witty, and has some status in the art-world. he doesn't have a pot to piss in financially. he does quite well, all things considered, at chatting up the young ladies--and he's in his mid 70s.

the bottom line is that men are attracted to good looks and youth, as these are indicators of fertility. you can fight it and piss and moan about how unfair it is, but it's just biological fact.

the bottom line on the other side is that women are attracted to status and prestige (and yes, money, but it's not just about the money). the reason is that women are the ones who get pregnant. thus subconsciously, they are looking for an ally as much as anything in a partner. here are a lot of factors that go into what makes a man attractive to women, but women unconcsciously view men as "success machines."

*Clap clap*

Very true. Young guys may have the hot bodies and be able to get it up 20 times a night but for me, they are just eye candy. More appealing is a guy who is well-bred with a couple of degrees. He needn't be made of gold but he must be well-settled.

I find that these qualities (among many others) are found mostly among guys over the age of 30.

*Clap clap*

Very true. Young guys may have the hot bodies and be able to get it up 20 times a night but for me, they are just eye candy. More appealing is a guy who is well-bred with a couple of degrees. He needn't be made of gold but he must be well-settled.

I find that these qualities (among many others) are found mostly among guys over the age of 30.

Including me :?: :roll:

there are always ways round things - they can find men that dont want kids. or men that have enough of kids. :shock:

"]i'm sure i've said it before, but i'm happy to say it again.

Well they may do, until the awkward time that the mini porkie pie about being the youngest partner ever at Goldman Sachs is rumbled.

'Cmon babes- youngest partner/youngest janitor... same-same '