Jewish RIGHT to the Land of Jerusalem

cs3602001

Gerry, I was being ironic...

Oh wait.

You're American...

and you have a bong. :wink:

This is no subject to be Iconic about, wait maybe it is..... for the record I'm not into bongs at all but what ever the Limbaugh disciple wants to say :lol:

Ironic, not iconic...

and was being ironic (again) when I dropped the bong mention.

There...oh, never mind; You're too stoned (Irony alert again).

And just for the (ironic) record; there is probably no subject more deserving of scathing irony than politics and democracy...

:twisted:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wait.

You're American...

This is no subject to be Iconic about, wait maybe it is..... for the record I'm not into bongs at all but what ever the Limbaugh disciple wants to say :lol:

Ironic, not iconic...

And just for the (ironic) record; there is probably no subject more deserving of scathing irony than politics and democracy...

you missed the irony of my iconicynisism :twisted:

Oh wait.

You're American...

Ironic, not iconic...

and you missed the diachronicness of my ironic iconoclasm...

:lol:

Oh wait.

You're American...

Ironic, not iconic...

and you missed the diachronicness of my ironic iconoclasm...

:lol:

maybe I will try the bong :shock:

come on.......you are using a complete page plus on nothing regarding the subject ?

no wonder activity dies here.

EDIT: yeah, but the thread was started in 2005 so not a HUGE problem. sorry, just found the subject interesting and got abit annoyed to see one big pile of nothing and oneliners.

Best way to get the thread back on topic is make a good post on topic which gives someone something to respond too. This topic has been beat to death so maybe starting new ones like you've been trying.

Ok, lets get back on topic:

AVAAZ.org has a petition online you can sign if you think there ought to be an independend state of Palestine.

PEACE AND INDEPENDENCE NOW!

Everyone knows what a Middle East peace looks like: an independent Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders, living in peace and security alongside Israel with help from the world.

But we need to kickstart it –- as European foreign ministers proposed this week, let’s recognise an independent Palestine.

Endless talks aren’t working -- Barack Obama’s attempts have stalled in the face of obstruction. We need to change the game.

International engagement is vital, and it’ll take an unprecedented global outcry to get the world’s nations to act for peace and independence -- sign the petition now!

...over to you folks (and yes, I signed of course).

Ok, lets get back on topic:

AVAAZ.org has a petition online you can sign if you think there ought to be an independend state of Palestine.

PEACE AND INDEPENDENCE NOW!

Everyone knows what a Middle East peace looks like: an independent Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders, living in peace and security alongside Israel with help from the world.

But we need to kickstart it –- as European foreign ministers proposed this week, let’s recognise an independent Palestine.

Endless talks aren’t working -- Barack Obama’s attempts have stalled in the face of obstruction. We need to change the game.

International engagement is vital, and it’ll take an unprecedented global outcry to get the world’s nations to act for peace and independence -- sign the petition now!

...over to you folks (and yes, I signed of course).

While I have actively supported the idea of a Palestinian state for over 20 years now, I have seen hopes of a peaceful solution raised time and time again only to see them dashed by recalcitrance on BOTH sides of the divide.

Sadly, the only country in the world that could truly exert pressure on Israel to change policy radically is its most fervent supporter, financier and supplier of armaments.

There have been atrocities and human rights violations by both sides over the years, though Israel are probably ahead on points.

But while Palestinian schools have posters of AK47s and suicide bombers on their walls, and while the Israeli government continue to turn a blind eye to extremist settlers and continue the denial of many basic services and rights to Palestinians, then I think a peaceful situation is still a long way off.

Sadly again, I think it is going to take atrocities and bloodshed on the scale of the Balkans to initiate any real progress. A dirty bomb in Tel Aviv, a settlement massacred, use of WMDs by the Israeli army, whatever; It is going to take a body count in the thousands or tens of thousands before the rest of the World finally say 'enough' and force both sides to the table.

still signed though.

Sadly, the only country in the world that could truly exert pressure on Israel to change policy radically is its most fervent supporter, financier and supplier of armaments.

Oh it's sooooooooooooooo sad. More rubbish.......

There have been atrocities and human rights violations by both sides over the years, though Israel are probably ahead on points.

Hamas founder's Christianity-converted son would disagree.

Read & Learn Something

But while Palestinian schools have posters of AK47s and suicide bombers on their walls, and while the Israeli government continue to turn a blind eye to extremist settlers and continue the denial of many basic services and rights to Palestinians, then I think a peaceful situation is still a long way off.

I've never heard about "extremist" settlers strapping on bomb belts, marching into Palestinian areas and blowing themselves up; you? Suicidal terrorists have zero respect for life. Jews (like Christians) do respect life. But because they respect life (esp. their own) does NOT mean they won't do what they've gotta do to defend themselves when under attack.

This word "extremist" should be associated with....well....extremists: Islamic extremists, radicalized jihadists, al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas and Muslim terrorists. In short, organizations that pursue suicidal terror operations. But it ain't PC to say that, is it? F*ck PC and f*ck the liberals that make that pathetic argument.

Sadly again, I think it is going to take atrocities and bloodshed on the scale of the Balkans to initiate any real progress. A dirty bomb in Tel Aviv, a settlement massacred, use of WMDs by the Israeli army, whatever; It is going to take a body count in the thousands or tens of thousands before the rest of the World finally say 'enough' and force both sides to the table.

Sadly, you're unaware (as are many others) what it is you're talking about. When the world realizes IT IS TIME TO PUT A STOP TO ISLAMIC SUICIDAL & TERRORIST EXTREMISM AND IT SAYS F*CK OFF TO "PC" is around the time we may see some concrete results.

Read & Learn Something

I've never heard about "extremist" settlers strapping on bomb belts, marching into Palestinian areas and blowing themselves up; you? Suicidal terrorists have zero respect for life. Jews (like Christians) do respect life. But because they respect life (esp. their own) does NOT mean they won't do what they've gotta do to defend themselves when under attack.

This word "extremist" should be associated with....well....extremists: Islamic extremists, radicalized jihadists, al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas and Muslim terrorists. In short, organizations that pursue suicidal terror operations. But it ain't PC to say that, is it? F*ck PC and f*ck the liberals that make that pathetic argument.

Sadly, you're unaware (as are many others) what it is you're talking about. When the world realizes IT IS TIME TO PUT A STOP TO ISLAMIC SUICIDAL & TERRORIST EXTREMISM AND IT SAYS F*CK OFF TO "PC" is around the time we may see some concrete results.

Wow, those priest where really banging their doctrine into you when you were a little altar boy, weren't they? :shock:

:roll:

Ok, so death to the Israeli extremists!

after all, they kill thousands more people than the Palestinians do 8)

oh wait... Israeli's can't be terrorists, they're on our side!

Ok, so death to the Israeli extremists!

after all, they kill thousands more people than the Palestinians do 8)

oh wait... Israeli's can't be terrorists, they're on our side!

Not the liberal side they are the evil ones and the good guys are too busy making heaps of cash to be concerned with reality. Gotta kill someone with all that fancy war machinery, its good for business.

Why is it so rubbish?

Are you denying that the US is Israel's biggest supporter?

That much of the finance into Israel also comes from the US? Both the normal aid packages (around 114 billion dollars since 1949), loans and then the massive amount of money channelled to those non extremist settlers?

"according to Washington Post columnist David Ignatius: “A search of IRS records identified 28 US charitable groups that made a total of $33.4m in tax-exempt contributions to settlements and related organisations between 2004 and 2007.†Some of the larger organisations, including Friends of the Ateret Cohanim and Friends of Ir David, both leading the Jewish settler takeover of Palestinian East Jerusalem, are based in New York City"

Read & Learn Something

You will NOT find me defending Islamic extremists. But remember, much of the radicalism of Islam can be laid at the inability of the UN and US to prevent Saudi money funding the madrassahs in the refugee camps during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

If you noticed, I was criticising the fact that posters of suicide bombers and AK47s adorn Palestinian school walls.

But extreme Israeli settlers DO exist, whether you wish to admit it or not. Settlers' leaders calling for violence against Palestinians when Isreali forces evict them form illegal settlements do not, to me, show that they are reasonable or have any respect for life.

The extremes on BOTH sides need to be addressed. Obviously Islamic extremists are more worrying to the West as the attacks are now on our own shores.

You will NOT find me defending Islamic extremists. But remember, much of the radicalism of Islam can be laid at the inability of the UN and US to prevent Saudi money funding the madrassahs in the refugee camps during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

If you noticed, I was criticising the fact that posters of suicide bombers and AK47s adorn Palestinian school walls.

But extreme Israeli settlers DO exist, whether you wish to admit it or not. Settlers' leaders calling for violence against Palestinians when Isreali forces evict them form illegal settlements do not, to me, show that they are reasonable or have any respect for life.

The extremes on BOTH sides need to be addressed. Obviously Islamic extremists are more worrying to the West as the attacks are now on our own shores.

:thumbleft: I broadly agree with what you have said above Iain...and a two state solution is the only one that I can see that can approch justice to some measure as the "situation" has existed for roughly 62 years.

For anyone to myopically see this through a prism that one side has clean hands or always been reasoned and measured ---just baffels the sh*t out of me.

Suicide bombers and/ or continued settlement of the West bank are disingenious ( and I am not going to to try to balence out which is or is not more humane- hell the radicals in Isreal murder their own PM, because of possible accommadation with the Palistians).

I would throw out there in regrad to US support --- of course we have been..........but I think the western goverments has been very happy to let the US provide that support, those costs and catch the "heat" in their stead...

" no reason to take the "bullet" if another has already volunteered"

Vbroker is right to one slanted sense, without armed controls available to protect both sides, there would be a Blood bath in one or both directions that would rival any of those in our lifetimes.

:?: would Mr. Vbroker see that as a suitable result? I doubt it!

Of course he might take advantage of the activity sure to happen in the "Markets" :wink: :wink: Had to be a cynic in here someplace -"sorry" :(

:thumbleft: I broadly agree with what you have said above Iain...and a two state solution is the only one that I can see that can approch justice to some measure as the "situation" has existed for roughly 62 years.

For anyone to myopically see this through a prism that one side has clean hands or always been reasoned and measured ---just baffels the sh*t out of me.

Suicide bombers and/ or continued settlement of the West bank are disingenious ( and I am not going to to try to balence out which is or is not more humane- hell the radicals in Isreal murder their own PM, because of possible accommadation with the Palistians).

I would throw out there in regrad to US support --- of course we have been..........but I think the western goverments has been very happy to let the US provide that support, those costs and catch the "heat" in their stead...

" no reason to take the "bullet" if another has already volunteered"

Vbroker is right to one slanted sense, without armed controls available to protect both sides, there would be a Blood bath in one or both directions that would rival any of those in our lifetimes.

:?: would Mr. Vbroker see that as a suitable result? I doubt it!

Of course he might take advantage of the activity sure to happen in the "Markets" :wink: :wink: Had to be a cynic in here someplace -"sorry" :(

Also think that in the long run, aid may be one of the building blocks of a solution. If Israel would accept a Palestinian state, then packages tied to recognition of Israel and an end of attacks on Israel may work in the future.

But, and again sadly, I still think it will take truly horrific bloodshed for there to be real progress.

There can be no Israel and Palestinian State...

there can only be one.

How are they going to govern, share resources, etc?

Plus The Israelis reproduce at a much slower rate, soon enough it would be just a Palestinian state.

On the other hand, I think GB should have a shared Muslim state... you know to accommodate the Muslim population, maybe succeed Glasgow and turn it into Glasgowkistan.

Glasnost tovarish.

there can only be one.

Plus The Israelis reproduce at a much slower rate, soon enough it would be just a Palestinian state.

On the other hand, I think GB should have a shared Muslim state... you know to accommodate the Muslim population, maybe succeed Glasgow and turn it into Glasgowkistan.

Glasnost tovarish.

Sorry Vlad but not even hardened islamic Jihadists would want that sewage treatment on the Clyde called Glasgow. They would just get so depressed there, that they would kill themselves in random instances of instantaneous combustion. Mind you that may be a good thing even... :twisted:

I always feel all that bleeting by the British about becoming strangers in their own land is totally out of proportion. If I remember right the only city were people of Asian origin number over 50 % of the population is Leicester and frankly why anyone would want to live there is beyond me anyway. :wink:

If I remember right the only city were people of Asian origin number over 50 % of the population is Leicester and frankly why anyone would want to live there is beyond me anyway. :wink:

i don't think there's a city in the UK with an Asian population of anything near 50 % .... in the last census (2001) 90% ppl were white, less than 5% were Asian !!!

If I remember right the only city were people of Asian origin number over 50 % of the population is Leicester and frankly why anyone would want to live there is beyond me anyway. :wink:

i don't think there's a city in the UK with an Asian population of anything near 50 % .... in the last census (2001) 90% ppl were white, less than 5% were Asian !!!

Thanks for making my point about all that immigration twaddle being out of proportion. :wink:

Still there are some cities were with a higher percentage of population of Asian origin...and Leicester happens to be the one with the highest if memory serves me right. Please don't make having to look the numbers up now... :o

there can only be one.

Glasnost tovarish.

Sorry Vlad but not even hardened islamic Jihadists would want that sewage treatment on the Clyde called Glasgow. They would just get so depressed there, that they would kill themselves in random instances of instantaneous combustion. Mind you that may be a good thing even... :twisted:

I always feel all that bleeting by the British about becoming strangers in their own land is totally out of proportion. If I remember right the only city were people of Asian origin number over 50 % of the population is Leicester and frankly why anyone would want to live there is beyond me anyway. :wink:

sausage munching ****.

:evil:

Thanks for making my point about all that immigration twaddle being out of proportion. :wink:

Still there are some cities were with a higher percentage of population of Asian origin...and Leicester happens to be the one with the highest if memory serves me right. Please don't make having to look the numbers up now... :o

Nope; Dewsbury in West Yorkshire has that title. Around 33% (to Leicester's 29.9)

One area of Dewsbury is 97-100% Muslim!

Glasgow is only about 0.9%. We need somewhere to buy cranberry jelly on Xmas day!!

Nope; Dewsbury in West Yorkshire has that title. Around 33% (to Leicester's 29.9)

One area of Dewsbury is 97-100% Muslim!

Glasgow is only about 0.9%. We need somewhere to buy cranberry jelly on Xmas day!!

My bad for being wrong and thanks for providing some numbers-based facts Haggis Muncher. :wink:

Btw. the Scottish Populace should emerge a lot fitter and leaner this Spring due to the pro-longed snow-shoveling season, me thinks. :lol: