Man U suck - quadruple?

LakeGeneve

you added the bolded part.

From BBC online...

Ferguson cools talk of quintuple

Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates winning his third League Cup

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was quick to play down talk of his side winning the quintuple after their Carling Cup final win over Spurs.

They have won the Club World Cup as well and are still chasing the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup.

Ferguson said: "I'm not getting carried away with it, only the media will. We will keep our feet on the ground.

"We could go to Fulham in the FA Cup, the ball comes off someone's backside and we are out of that one."

United centre-back Rio Ferdinand echoed his manager's sentiments as he refused to speculate on the Old Trafford club's potential for a historical season.

"We do not speak about that stuff [the quintuple]," he told Radio 5 Live.

Sir Alex Ferguson

"We'll take each game as it comes. We've got an important game on Wednesday [at Newcastle] and fingers crossed we can get a good result there.

"We don't get ahead of ourselves and think of which silverware we are going to win next."

"The one thing we are very interested in is the opinions of Thailand Friend members - we'd especially like to hear from those fans based in Bangkok."

But Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp believes there is no reason why United cannot win an unprecedented haul of trophies.

"They have got a big chance - they are the team to beat for sure," said Redknapp after their 4-1 defeat on penalties.

"They have a fantastic squad. They have one cup already, it looks as if the league is going their way and you wouldn't bet against them in the Champions League and the FA Cup."

Actually I added a little bit to that - a prize if anyone can spot it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

born in manchester and have been a united fan since before i can remember!!

am i a glory chaser??

No, but definitely on the WWF list of rare and endangered creatures...

Q: Did you hear that the Post Office just recalled their latest stamps?

A: They had pictures of Manchester United Players on them ... and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Q: What do you call 20 Manchester United Fans skydiving from an aeroplane?

A: Diahorrea

Q: What do you call a Man Utd season ticket holder?

A: Scenery...

Q: What do Manchester United Fans and sperm have in common?

A: One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Q: What's the difference between listening to Alex Ferguson's after-match interview and childbirth?

A: One's an extremely painful almost unbearable experience, and the other one's just having a baby.

:lol::lol:

:D:D:D Keep them coming,,,

am i a glory chaser??

A: They had pictures of Manchester United Players on them ... and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Q: What's the difference between listening to Alex Ferguson's after-match interview and childbirth?

A: One's an extremely painful almost unbearable experience, and the other one's just having a baby.

if it were a contest i'd bet on the sperm having a higher success rate.

am i a glory chaser??

Q: What has Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon at 4.45pm got in common with Wormwood Scrubs Prison?

A: They are both full of cockneys trying to get out.

Q: How many Man U fans does it take to pave up a driveway?

A: Depends how thin you slice them.

Q. What would you call a pregnant Man United fan?

A: A dope carrier

Q. What do you call a Manchester United fan with half a brain?

A: Gifted.

Q: How many Man United fans does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 560,001. That is 1 to change it, 60,000 to say they've been changing it for years and 500,000 to buy the replica kit.

Michael Barrymore has offered Manchester United £1 million pounds to play as their striker because he wants 10 pr*cks behind him and 67,000 a**holes jumping up and down.

Q: What do Manchester fans use as birth control?

A: Their personalities.

Q: How many Man U supporters does it take to stop a moving Bus?

A: Never enough.

Q: What's the difference between Alex Ferguson and God?

A: God doesn't think he's Alex Ferguson.

Q: What do you call a Mancunian with no arms and legs?

A: Trustworthy.

Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead Man Utd. fan?

A: Skid marks in front of the dog.

Q: What's the difference between a Man-U fan and a Vibrator?

A: A Man U fan is a real d*ck

:wink:

i never thought i'd say this to any post of Iain's, ever, but...

brilliant stuff. keep it coming!

now we diverge to a true Mancunian, story ripped from the headlines of an English football forum:

Just had a phone call from a RAG friend/acquaintance/work colleague gloating about the penalty win. I attempted to deflate the Rag ego by suggesting that it was only Spuds BUT we then had a slight disagreement because he thought they had beaten Pompey. Bloody priceless!

am i a glory chaser??

Q: What has Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon at 4.45pm got in common with Wormwood Scrubs Prison?

Q: How many Man U fans does it take to pave up a driveway?

A: Depends how thin you slice them.

Q. What would you call a pregnant Man United fan?

A: A dope carrier

Q. What do you call a Manchester United fan with half a brain?

A: Gifted.

Q: How many Man United fans does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 560,001. That is 1 to change it, 60,000 to say they've been changing it for years and 500,000 to buy the replica kit.

Michael Barrymore has offered Manchester United £1 million pounds to play as their striker because he wants 10 pr*cks behind him and 67,000 a**holes jumping up and down.

Q: What do Manchester fans use as birth control?

A: Their personalities.

Q: How many Man U supporters does it take to stop a moving Bus?

A: Never enough.

Q: What's the difference between Alex Ferguson and God?

A: God doesn't think he's Alex Ferguson.

Q: What do you call a Mancunian with no arms and legs?

A: Trustworthy.

Q: What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead Man Utd. fan?

A: Skid marks in front of the dog.

Q: What's the difference between a Man-U fan and a Vibrator?

A: A Man U fan is a real d*ck

:wink:

Cracks me up, really does, but I love this one the most :lol:

now we diverge to a true Mancunian, story ripped from the headlines of an English football forum:

Just had a phone call from a RAG friend/acquaintance/work colleague gloating about the penalty win. I attempted to deflate the Rag ego by suggesting that it was only Spuds BUT we then had a slight disagreement because he thought they had beaten Pompey. Bloody priceless!

Alex F is visiting Highbury..Arsene W tells him that foreign footballers are more intelligent than home grown..."i dont think so " says Alec..AW calls Andrei Arshavin over - "Your fathers son is not your brother who is he?" "oh thats easy" says Andreis "its me"...

Next day Alex calls Wayne Rooney in.."tell me son,..your fathers son is not your brother who is he"? Wayne thinks and says" can I think about it boss and come back to you?" That night he asks Colleen the same question.."I'm not sure" she says "phone Carlos Tevez, he'll know" Wayne phones Tevez and asks, and Tevez replies "thats easy, its me"

Next day Wayne goes to see the boss " i've worked it out he says its Carlos Tevez " "Get off you daft bugger" says Alex, "It's Andrei Arshavin!!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Rooney, Giggs & Ferdinand were training on a Wednesday afternoon when Giggs says, 'why don?t we skive off? The boss leaves at noon on Wednesdays & never calls or rings or nowt, he?d never know!'

They all skived off & Ferdinand went to the pictures, Giggs went to the zoo (like the good welsh lad he is) & Rooney thought he would surprise his missus. He arrived home to find A.F wedged firmly up Colleen.

Next Wednesday afternoon, Ferdinand suggested they skive off again, Giggs scum agreed but Rooney said ?No fear, I nearly got caught last week"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 man Utd fans in London (at Home) walked past a shop and saw the sign- Shirts 50p Trousers £1.

One said 'great value! lets buy some.'

Other says 'don't let them know we're Man u fans or they'll try to rip us off.' So they hide their scarves.

They entered shop and asked for 6 shirts each & 6 pairs of trousers each.

The assistant asked "are you Man u fans" to which they replied "yes".

He said 'bugger off this is a launderette

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Leeds fan, an Arsenal fan and a Manchester united fan escape from prison. They ran for miles until they came upon an old barn where they decided to hide in the hayloft and rest. When they climbed up, they found three large sacks and decided to climb into them for camouflage.

About an hour later two police officers came into the barn. The sergeant told the constable to go up and check out the hayloft. When he got up there the sergeant asked him what he saw and the constable yelled back, "Just 3 sacks."

The sergeant told him to find out what was in them, so the constable kicked the first sack, which had the Leeds fan in it. He went, "Woof", so the constable told the sergeant there was a dog in it.

Then he kicked the sack with the Arsenal fan in it. He went, "Meow", so he told him there was a cat in it.

Then he kicked the one with the scum fan in it, and there was no sound at all. So he kicked 6 more times, and finally the scum fan said, ?Potatoes".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top tip for Manchester United fans: don't waste money on expensive new kits every season. Simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Man Utd fan dies on match day and goes to heaven in his Man Utd shirt. He knocks on the old pearly gates and out walks St. Peter in a Arsenal scarf.

"Hello mate" says St. Peter, "I'm sorry, no Man Utd fans in heaven."

"What ?" exclaims the man, astonished.

"You heard, no Man Utd fans."

"But, but, but, I've been a good man", replies the Man Utd supporter.

"Oh really", says St. Peter. "What have you done, then ?"

"Well" said the guy, "Three weeks before I died, I gave 10 pounds to the starving children in Africa".

"Oh" says St. Peter. "anything else?"

"Well, 2 weeks before I died I also gave 10 pounds to the homeless."

"Hmmm. Anything else?"

"Yeah. A week before I died I gave 10 pounds to the Albanian orphans."

"Okay", said St. Peter, "You wait here a minute while I have a word with the governor."

Ten minutes pass before St. Peter returns. He looks the bloke in the eye and says, "I've had a word with God and he agrees with me. Here's your thirty quid back, now f*ck off".

--------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What do you say to a manchester united supporter with a good looking bird on his arm?

A: Nice tattoo.

Q) What is the difference between a hedgehog and a busload of manchester united fans?

A) On a hedgehog all the pricks are on the outside !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A suicidal man utd fan decides to top himself.In his living room, alone, he prepares to hang himself. At the very lastmoment, he decides upon wearing his full manchester united kit as his last statement.A neighbour, catching sight of the impending incident, informs the police.On arrival, the police quickly remove the manchester united kit and dress the man in stockings and suspenders. The man, totally confused asks why.

The policeman simply replies, "it's to avoid embarrassing your family."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What's the difference between a manchester united fan and a trampoline?A: You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline

Q: How do you kill a manchester united fan when he's drinking?

A: Slam the toilet seat on his head!

Q: Why do manchester united supporters have Moustaches?

A: So they can look like their Mothers.

Q: Whats black and brown and looks good on a manchester united fan?

A: A Rottweiler.

Q. Why do manchester united fans whistle whilst sitting on the toilet?

A. So they know which end to wipe!

Q: What do you call a manchester united fan in a 2 bedroomed Semi?

A: A burglar

Q: What do you get when you offer a manchester united fan a penny for his thoughts?

A: Change!

A Man City and Man United fan collide in a huge accident on the motorway. Both cars are a wreck, but both men are unhurt.

"This must be a sign from God that we are meant to be friends" says the City fan "I agree" replies the United fan

The City fan then returns to the wreckage of his car, and finds a bottle of whiskey he had been saving.

"Look" he says to the united fan, "this must be another sign from God, we should drink this whiskey to celebrate our friendship and survival"

He hands the bottle over to the United fan who takes a large gulp from the bottle before passing it back to the City fan, who then puts the top back on & returns the bottle to his car.

"Aren't you having any?" asks the United fan. "No" replied the City fan, "I think I?ll wait til the Police get here."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alex F is visiting Highbury..Arsene W tells him that foreign footballers are more intelligent than home grown..."i dont think so " says Alec..AW calls Andrei Arshavin over - "Your fathers son is not your brother who is he?" "oh thats easy" says Andreis "its me"...

Next day Alex calls Wayne Rooney in.."tell me son,..your fathers son is not your brother who is he"? Wayne thinks and says" can I think about it boss and come back to you?" That night he asks Colleen the same question.."I'm not sure" she says "phone Carlos Tevez, he'll know" Wayne phones Tevez and asks, and Tevez replies "thats easy, its me"

Next day Wayne goes to see the boss " i've worked it out he says its Carlos Tevez " "Get off you daft bugger" says Alex, "It's Andrei Arshavin!!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Rooney, Giggs & Ferdinand were training on a Wednesday afternoon when Giggs says, 'why don?t we skive off? The boss leaves at noon on Wednesdays & never calls or rings or nowt, he?d never know!'

They all skived off & Ferdinand went to the pictures, Giggs went to the zoo (like the good welsh lad he is) & Rooney thought he would surprise his missus. He arrived home to find A.F wedged firmly up Colleen.

Next Wednesday afternoon, Ferdinand suggested they skive off again, Giggs scum agreed but Rooney said ?No fear, I nearly got caught last week"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 man Utd fans in London (at Home) walked past a shop and saw the sign- Shirts 50p Trousers £1.

One said 'great value! lets buy some.'

Other says 'don't let them know we're Man u fans or they'll try to rip us off.' So they hide their scarves.

They entered shop and asked for 6 shirts each & 6 pairs of trousers each.

The assistant asked "are you Man u fans" to which they replied "yes".

He said 'bugger off this is a launderette

A Leeds fan, an Arsenal fan and a Manchester united fan escape from prison. They ran for miles until they came upon an old barn where they decided to hide in the hayloft and rest. When they climbed up, they found three large sacks and decided to climb into them for camouflage.

About an hour later two police officers came into the barn. The sergeant told the constable to go up and check out the hayloft. When he got up there the sergeant asked him what he saw and the constable yelled back, "Just 3 sacks."

The sergeant told him to find out what was in them, so the constable kicked the first sack, which had the Leeds fan in it. He went, "Woof", so the constable told the sergeant there was a dog in it.

Then he kicked the sack with the Arsenal fan in it. He went, "Meow", so he told him there was a cat in it.

Then he kicked the one with the scum fan in it, and there was no sound at all. So he kicked 6 more times, and finally the scum fan said, ?Potatoes".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top tip for Manchester United fans: don't waste money on expensive new kits every season. Simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support.

A Man Utd fan dies on match day and goes to heaven in his Man Utd shirt. He knocks on the old pearly gates and out walks St. Peter in a Arsenal scarf.

"Hello mate" says St. Peter, "I'm sorry, no Man Utd fans in heaven."

"What ?" exclaims the man, astonished.

"You heard, no Man Utd fans."

"But, but, but, I've been a good man", replies the Man Utd supporter.

"Oh really", says St. Peter. "What have you done, then ?"

"Well" said the guy, "Three weeks before I died, I gave 10 pounds to the starving children in Africa".

"Oh" says St. Peter. "anything else?"

"Well, 2 weeks before I died I also gave 10 pounds to the homeless."

"Hmmm. Anything else?"

"Yeah. A week before I died I gave 10 pounds to the Albanian orphans."

"Okay", said St. Peter, "You wait here a minute while I have a word with the governor."

Ten minutes pass before St. Peter returns. He looks the bloke in the eye and says, "I've had a word with God and he agrees with me. Here's your thirty quid back, now f*ck off".

--------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What do you say to a manchester united supporter with a good looking bird on his arm?

A: Nice tattoo.

Q) What is the difference between a hedgehog and a busload of manchester united fans?

A) On a hedgehog all the pricks are on the outside !!

A suicidal man utd fan decides to top himself.In his living room, alone, he prepares to hang himself. At the very lastmoment, he decides upon wearing his full manchester united kit as his last statement.A neighbour, catching sight of the impending incident, informs the police.On arrival, the police quickly remove the manchester united kit and dress the man in stockings and suspenders. The man, totally confused asks why.

The policeman simply replies, "it's to avoid embarrassing your family."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What's the difference between a manchester united fan and a trampoline?A: You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline

Q: How do you kill a manchester united fan when he's drinking?

A: Slam the toilet seat on his head!

Q: Why do manchester united supporters have Moustaches?

A: So they can look like their Mothers.

Q: Whats black and brown and looks good on a manchester united fan?

A: A Rottweiler.

Q. Why do manchester united fans whistle whilst sitting on the toilet?

A. So they know which end to wipe!

Q: What do you call a manchester united fan in a 2 bedroomed Semi?

A: A burglar

Q: What do you get when you offer a manchester united fan a penny for his thoughts?

A: Change!

A Man City and Man United fan collide in a huge accident on the motorway. Both cars are a wreck, but both men are unhurt.

"This must be a sign from God that we are meant to be friends" says the City fan "I agree" replies the United fan

The City fan then returns to the wreckage of his car, and finds a bottle of whiskey he had been saving.

"Look" he says to the united fan, "this must be another sign from God, we should drink this whiskey to celebrate our friendship and survival"

He hands the bottle over to the United fan who takes a large gulp from the bottle before passing it back to the City fan, who then puts the top back on & returns the bottle to his car.

"Aren't you having any?" asks the United fan. "No" replied the City fan, "I think I?ll wait til the Police get here."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mate, where da heck did you get all these from?!?!

it is shocking how many people hate United, not just in the UK. it seems to be the closest thing there is to something all football fans can agree on (except United fans, of course, but who cares about them).

its' also interesting that Real Madrid, who are at least as prominent and as a club quite worthy of loathing, don't get the same reaction.

i stick by my theory that this phenomenon is caused by the vast numbers of United fans who are useless superficial glory-hunting feebs.

it is shocking how many people hate United, not just in the UK. it seems to be the closest thing there is to something all football fans can agree on (except United fans, of course, but who cares about them).

its' also interesting that Real Madrid, who are at least as prominent and as a club quite worthy of loathing, don't get the same reaction.

i stick by my theory that this phenomenon is caused by the vast numbers of United fans who are useless superficial glory-hunting feebs.

loathe as I am to agree with the Polack numpty, I find on this occasion I applaud his words wholeheartedly...

:lol:

It is a good point. Almost generates the same world wide consensus of hate as Bush did. IN fact, the neocons and loud mouthed Man U supporters would make perfect bed fellows.

Both groups have obsessively insular and ignorant world views. :wink:

• 1 month later...
What will they win in the next few months?

League Cup - Yes, though it would be great to see Spurs do it again

EPL - Yes

FA Cup - No, one of the other big 4 teams

UEFA CL - I'm going for Inter to knock them out at home

I do hate Man U but they have a great team this year. Pity about the bloody supporters....

Actually since we already won the World Team Cup, it would be quintuple... :lol:

I am only counting REAL competitions. Ok you guys won some toy cup whilst on a quick toyboy jaunt to impress some japanese lasses!

Hmmm... but no-one else won it. Were your team there?

And League and FA cups aren't as valued as they used to be - they're a bit crappy now. I'm sure Sir Alex will put out a second team on Sunday.

League I agree but after last seasons FA Cup with the underdog upsets do you really think it is not seen as the quintessential romantics football comp?

Man U to be knocked out in the semi.

I like it when I am correct with a football prediction...so rare do I get one right.

And knocked out in such a fitting manner to boot after the luck of their last two penalty shootouts wins! There may now only be 2 trophies in the Man U clubrooms at the end of the season.....

This season has been a rollercoaster for United supporters - a terrible start to the premiership season, a record-breaking run to take them to the top of the table.

A few bad games to allow Liverpool back into the running.

An unexpected win at Porto.

Two wonder goals from Marcheda.

And then last night... Everton never really got a hold on the game and while they weren't besieged, the traffic was definitely flowing their way most of the game.

The decision not to award the penalty was apalling.

Actually Fellaini should have been sent off for his disgusting elbow at Ferdinand (I know it was his arm that made contact, but I stated at the start of the game he would be yellow carded for swinging his elbows during a aerial battles - the guy is a filthy player - with ******* stupid hair)

I don't understand why Sir Alex rested Ronaldo and Rooney - that would have made all the difference.

Incidentally, I also think Rafael is a cheating little fucker too... so it's not only sour grapes.

Oh and Pienaar goes down more easily than Ronaldo these days!

I don't understand why Sir Alex rested Ronaldo and Rooney - that would have made all the difference.

Quite simple; there are peat bogs in North Wales that have better surfaces than Wembley. The pitch is an utter disgrace, and Sir Alex looked at the 3 competitions he is chasing and decided that CL and Premiershop were of slightly more importance than the Cup so rested his best players rather than risk an injury and lose them for bigger games.

:)

Quite simple; there are peat bogs in North Wales that have better surfaces than Wembley. The pitch is an utter disgrace, and Sir Alex looked at the 3 competitions he is chasing and decided that CL and Premiershop were of slightly more importance than the Cup so rested his best players rather than risk an injury and lose them for bigger games.

:)

Actually, after I wrote it and went on BBC and checked it out and they said the same thing.

I noticed last night the divots were all over the pitch and the surface looked crappy.

We should have played at Old Trafford - (then we'd have definitely got that penalty and a couple more besides!)

I watched at a friend's house with the sound low so as not to disturb non-football fans so I didn't hear the commentary about the pitch surface.

Am I disappointed? Yes, I expected Man U to win last night. I was looking forward to another clash with Chelsea. It was also a **** game - neither team played especially well... Danny Wellbeck had a terrible first half, and Ben Foster had me crapping in my pants a couple of times.

Ironic that Tim Howard should be our downfall. I wondered why there were so many silly penalties (stop+go run ups), but I guess it's because players were scared of slipping. Everton's players struck with more confidence and skill - they deserved to win the shoot-out... (but there shouldn't have been a ******* shootout in the first place!)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's time to change the name of this forum?

Man U have been coming up with the goods recently.

And the (kind of) 'quadruple' is still within grasp....

World Team Cup (hey... it's still silverware!)

Carling Cup (already won)

+

Premiership (virtually won)

+

Champions' League (final on 27th... fingers crossed)

Great season... great team.

(Hope we sign Tevez now, seeing as petulent, wunderkind Ronaldo must be on his way to Spain)

the champions league final will hopefully be a great game .... no doubt or arguements man ure have been the best team in the premiership over this season and fully deserve this year's title .... barring any last game disasters which i just can't see !!

hopefully the arsenal board will loosen the purse strings and give arsene some cash to spend this close season. we need some depth in squad if we want to mount a serious and sustained challenge next season !!

(Hope we sign Tevez now, seeing as petulent, wunderkind Ronaldo must be on his way to Spain)

rumor has it that you're in for Ribery.

another indication that crying Cristina is on her way to spain. Ribery is an amazing talent, has tevez' work rate (and good looks), and isn't a spoiled brat. slight downgrade talent-wise but very slight, and Ribery is far less irritating.

rumor has it that you're in for Ribery.

another indication that crying Cristina is on her way to spain. Ribery is an amazing talent, has tevez' work rate (and good looks), and isn't a spoiled brat. slight downgrade talent-wise but very slight, and Ribery is far less irritating.

yeah but as the season comes to a close it is silly time as regards transfer rumours ..... i guess about 5-10% of the transfer rumours actually turn into sales. i mean Cristina has been going to Madrid since he broke into the Man U first team, likewise with Cesc at Arsenal going back to Barca. i reckon these guys work on the principle if they threw enough players and teams into the mix they're bound to get a couple right !!! :roll: :roll:

I'm a big fan of Ronaldo's talent... (and his 26 goals have been a big help this season)

When he first came to United, my friends and I called him 'Fake Ronaldo' as the Brazillian Ronaldo was much more famous then...

I thought he was a one trick pony - two or three stepovers and then fall down on the floor in agony.

However, he matured and produced some world class goals and heart-stopping displays (and he doesn't fall down as often these days).

Last weekend though, when Sir Alex took him off at the end of the City game for a rest, I was shocked to see his childish tantrum. He slapped the water bottle out of an assistant's hand and sat shaking his head in the stands.

It was obvious to everyone that Fergie was making a tactical subsititution, knowing we had three games in 6 days. I was very disappointed and my opinion of him plummetted.

I'm a big fan of Ronaldo's talent... (and his 26 goals have been a big help this season)

When he first came to United, my friends and I called him 'Fake Ronaldo' as the Brazillian Ronaldo was much more famous then...

I thought he was a one trick pony - two or three stepovers and then fall down on the floor in agony.

However, he matured and produced some world class goals and heart-stopping displays (and he doesn't fall down as often these days).

Last weekend though, when Sir Alex took him off at the end of the City game for a rest, I was shocked to see his childish tantrum. He slapped the water bottle out of an assistant's hand and sat shaking his head in the stands.

It was obvious to everyone that Fergie was making a tactical subsititution, knowing we had three games in 6 days. I was very disappointed and my opinion of him plummetted.

no matter what u think of ronaldo as a person he's one f**king hell of a football player !! and in fairness he's probably not gonna lose too much sleep over what r opinion of him is .... i mean no matter what, if he leaves Utd this season (which i doubt) there'll be a queue of clubs ready to pay him 5 million ++ quid a year to kick a ball around a field !!

me jealous ..... nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

I don't know, Ciaran....

I think there's more than money at stake here.

Players want to be legends. They want to be talked about for years to come and to be beloved.

Will Ronaldo still be playing top class football in 10 years' time? I doubt it.

I wonder if he would like to be loved in the way Ryan Giggs is loved. Even supporters from rival teams have respect for Giggsy... 20 years for the same club? He's an old world gentlemen in a sport increasingly dominated by spoilt brat celebrities.

I don't know, Ciaran....

I think there's more than money at stake here.

Players want to be legends. They want to be talked about for years to come and to be beloved.

Will Ronaldo still be playing top class football in 10 years' time? I doubt it.

I wonder if he would like to be loved in the way Ryan Giggs is loved. Even supporters from rival teams have respect for Giggsy... 20 years for the same club? He's an old world gentlemen in a sport increasingly dominated by spoilt brat celebrities.

well Giggsy is a one off, but then so is Ronaldo just in a different way and i think (unfortunately) Ronaldo will go down as a legend ... i mean look how much he's won already and still only in his early 20's. and i don't think Ronaldo needs to be loved the way Giggs is .... couldn't be loved any f**king more than he loves himself !!!! :D:D

ppl tend to overlook the faults of sporting genuises (especially if we support the team they play for) Bestie with his women and drink and Maradonna with his coke and women. disasters the pair of them .... but by f**k they could play football !!!