Man Utd vs Arsenal

funky_house

feck's sake we should rename this website "arsenal friends" or som'n.

www.dryyoureyesfriends.com

ah sorry didn't know there already was an arsenalfriends.

ZBH sorry but some of us follow clubs with a passion...unlike you who just follow the Toxic hero and supports the clubs he's affiliated with....maybe Deportivo Walter Ferretti rather than Man City next season???

a) have another tissue

B) well my, my my. that toxin line was a cheap shot. i'm a no fan of toxin, i've always made that clear, and YOU. KNEW. THAT. is this cheap shot a demonstration of your "passion"? great demonstration of character, that. hopefully your mommy will be by to pick up your toys for your next demonstration of character. given the sophistication demonstrated in your last post, you're probably unaware that the club wont' consult you personally if someone wants to buy arsenal either. if karma really works... and in the astronomically unlikely event that your "passion" matters... you lot will finally have a transfer budget next year--when Kim Jong-Il buys your club.

c) your team got soundly thrashed IN THE SEMI FINAL OF THE CHAMPS LEAGUE, FFS... and the lynch mob's out to slit wenger's balls. errmmm, isn't that a bit silly? the calls of 'fire wenger' play more like spoilt children throwing a tantrum than "passion." those tantrums are still a lot more dignified than *your* cheap shot, however.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZBH sorry but some of us follow clubs with a passion...unlike you who just follow the Toxic hero and supports the clubs he's affiliated with....maybe Deportivo Walter Ferretti rather than Man City next season???

B) well my, my my. that toxin line was a cheap shot. i'm a no fan of toxin, i've always made that clear, and YOU. KNEW. THAT. is this cheap shot a demonstration of your "passion"? great demonstration of character, that. hopefully your mommy will be by to pick up your toys for your next demonstration of character. given the sophistication demonstrated in your last post, you're probably unaware that the club wont' consult you personally if someone wants to buy arsenal either. if karma really works... and in the astronomically unlikely event that your "passion" matters... you lot will finally have a transfer budget next year--when Kim Jong-Il buys your club.

I did wonder about that myself. Couldn't recall any glowing posts from you re Toxin, and could not see you as a closet supporter.

Kim Jong Il?? Hmmm, could work, just fire some missiles at the opposition's bus and win by default.

:)

Sorry to offend your sensibilities mate, but I have been calling for Wenger to go for over a season now. When there has been money to spend, he hasn't spent it, instead depending on a youth policy which has produced some world class players, but NOT a world class team. As far as the board goes, to be honest I don't give a f*ck whether we are owned by old school English gents, Arab oil millionaires or, as looks likely, the 164th richest man in the world in Kroenke. We cannot be one of the top 4 teams in the UK and potentially the 3rd richest team in the world, without actually having a team that can win silverware. The fans have been patient with Wenger and have waited to see if the development policy would produce results. It hasn't, so simply, it is time to go and to bring in someone who will start us winning again. The fact that we have a 21 game run without losing in the Premiership shows there is potential there, but the gap is the lack of depth and experience to see us through injury crises such as hit us mid season.

The better team won last night, by several miles. No-one can argue that point. What should be asked now is how to move forward and level the playing field again.

ppl who bleat on about wenger not buying experienced top class players either have their heads in the sand or don't know what the f**k they r talking about !!! look at the players he bought before they moved to the emirates when the money was available !! ppl constantly calling for wenger's head really piss me off .... he's one of (if not the) most successfull managers arsenal have ever had ... ppl constantly whinging should f**k off and go support somebody else !!!

was actually reading a very interesting article from 2006 .... can't find it on this PC ... yet .... but i'll post it tomorrow !!!

Sorry to offend your sensibilities mate, but I have been calling for Wenger to go for over a season now. When there has been money to spend, he hasn't spent it, instead depending on a youth policy which has produced some world class players, but NOT a world class team. As far as the board goes, to be honest I don't give a f*ck whether we are owned by old school English gents, Arab oil millionaires or, as looks likely, the 164th richest man in the world in Kroenke. We cannot be one of the top 4 teams in the UK and potentially the 3rd richest team in the world, without actually having a team that can win silverware. The fans have been patient with Wenger and have waited to see if the development policy would produce results. It hasn't, so simply, it is time to go and to bring in someone who will start us winning again. The fact that we have a 21 game run without losing in the Premiership shows there is potential there, but the gap is the lack of depth and experience to see us through injury crises such as hit us mid season.

The better team won last night, by several miles. No-one can argue that point. What should be asked now is how to move forward and level the playing field again.

ppl who bleat on about wenger not buying experienced top class players either have their heads in the sand or don't know what the f**k they r talking about !!! look at the players he bought before they moved to the emirates when the money was available !! ppl constantly calling for wenger's head really piss me off .... he's one of (if not the) most successfull managers arsenal have ever had ... ppl constantly whinging should f**k off and go support somebody else !!!

was actually reading a very interesting article from 2006 .... can't find it on this PC ... yet .... but i'll post it tomorrow !!!

Ciaran mate, we've had this argument before so no point doing it again. I agree totally that Wenger is one of the best managers we have had. And putting transfers in aside, a bone of contention I have had with him has been the '32' rule where he offloads players he sees as past their sell by date. Too many experienced players have left without replacements.

And saying people who call for his head should f*ck off and support someone else is anal and petulant. Are the fans not meant to criticise or something? Grow up mate. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how many of the fans back him; it is whoever controls the boardroom and, should Kroenke get that 1.7% of shares he needs to trigger an automatic takeover bid, I feel he might be looking at a new manager.

I more suggest that if you cannot handle dissent amongst the clubs support, perhaps you should be the one to f*ck off and support someone else!! :wink:

I did wonder about that myself. Couldn't recall any glowing posts from you re Toxin, and could not see you as a closet supporter.

Kim Jong Il?? Hmmm, could work, just fire some missiles at the opposition's bus and win by default.

most likely Lizardo intended the toxin line as banter rather than as a cheap shot, but i do feel a need to make it perfectly clear that it is coloring WAY outside the lines.

now i suppose "glory hunter" might be a fairer accusation from anyone but a United supporter--although i have a hard time imagining a universe where cheering Stuart Pearce's squad on as they fight relegation counts as glory hunting.

propers to English Bob btw as he seems to be the one of the few (percentage-wise) United supporters who consistently knows when the club he supports have a match on (typical "supporters" can be found proudly wearing the shirt while shopping at tesco--during a United match, which they are blissfully unaware is even happening.)

most likely Lizardo intended the toxin line as banter rather than as a cheap shot, but i do feel a need to make it perfectly clear that it is coloring WAY outside the lines.

now i suppose "glory hunter" might be a fairer accusation from anyone but a United supporter--although i have a hard time imagining a universe where cheering Stuart Pearce's squad on as they fight relegation counts as glory hunting.

propers to English Bob btw as he seems to be the one of the few (percentage-wise) United supporters who consistently knows when the club he supports have a match on (typical "supporters" can be found proudly wearing the shirt while shopping at tesco--during a United match, which they are blissfully unaware is even happening.)

perhaps 'glory hole hunter' would have been more of a barb? :wink:

perhaps 'glory hole hunter' would have been more of a barb? :wink:

nah i gave up hunting glory holes when i stuck 'it' in there and it turned out to be your cesspool on the other side. it wasn't all bad news though as a couple of the types of bacteria i caught were entirely new species, so i guess i should split that research grant money with you...

Ciaran mate, we've had this argument before so no point doing it again. I agree totally that Wenger is one of the best managers we have had. And putting transfers in aside, a bone of contention I have had with him has been the '32' rule where he offloads players he sees as past their sell by date. Too many experienced players have left without replacements.

And saying people who call for his head should f*ck off and support someone else is anal and petulant. Are the fans not meant to criticise or something? Grow up mate. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how many of the fans back him; it is whoever controls the boardroom and, should Kroenke get that 1.7% of shares he needs to trigger an automatic takeover bid, I feel he might be looking at a new manager.

I more suggest that if you cannot handle dissent amongst the clubs support, perhaps you should be the one to f*ck off and support someone else!! :wink:

IF we were fighting relegation or treading water in mid table every season ... then i could understand, although not necessarily support, ppl having a pop at arsene ....but we r in the top f**king 4 every season, qualifying for the champions league knock out stages every season !!

ppl need to f**king wise up and realise we don't have any god given right to win silverware every season ... but at least we r challenging for it every season !! look at the money spent by spurs, man city, sunderland and even newcastle FFS !!!

supporters r meant to support their team through thick and thin .... not start whinging like spolit f**king brats because they have a few tough seasons !!

IF we were fighting relegation or treading water in mid table every season ... then i could understand, although not necessarily support, ppl having a pop at arsene ....but we r in the top f**king 4 every season, qualifying for the champions league knock out stages every season !!

ppl need to f**king wise up and realise we don't have any god given right to win silverware every season ... but at least we r challenging for it every season !! look at the money spent by spurs, man city, sunderland and even newcastle FFS !!!

supporters r meant to support their team through thick and thin .... not start whinging like spolit f**king brats because they have a few tough seasons !!

Ok, you stick with your favourite words being 'nearly' and 'almost. The rest of us will aim a bit higher...

by Phil mcNulty on bbc.co.uk. Sometimes the truth hurts, but McNulty tells it like it is;

Arsenal's season is effectively over and they are exactly what they are. They are the fourth best team in the Premier League and a club that, in its current guise, will make the later stages of the Champions League but never win it.

The Carling Cup and the FA Cup will always be realistic targets for Arsenal, at least this version of Arsenal, but the Premier League and the Champions League? No. Sorry.

Arsenal are currently behind United (obviously) but also Liverpool and Chelsea and Wenger will need to work the markets with the expertise of old to stop the gap widening to an unmanageable level.

Wenger admitted this night ranked alongside the most disappointing of his career - but the wounds were too fresh to consider the long-term future for Arsenal's team.

He did hint at change, however, when he said: "We were on a consistent run, but recently in games the games where it mattered like the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea and tonight we couldn't win and that, of course, needs thinking."

The body language was that of a manager who had been cruelly and closely acquainted with the vast superiority of the team he must overhaul if he is to cure his obsession with bringing the Champions League to Arsenal.

It would have been a hard heart that did not feel sympathy for Wenger, a manager full of the finest football principles who has produced great teams and loves to pack them full of young players with potential.

But when does unfulfilled potential simply become a substitute phrase for failure? Four seasons without a trophy comes pretty close and Arsenal will continue to come up short unless Wenger takes decisive action this summer.

A midfielder of presence and authority is needed to go alongside Cesc Fabregas in midfield, while a central defender in a similar mould must also be a priority. And that is just the start - while also ensuring his best players stay in north London.

This was a chastening night for Wenger and Arsenal. The Gunners are empty-handed again. Almost but not quite - again. The hurt may well linger through the summer until the start of next season.

TF is a constant surprise to me.

I thought a Man U fan posting on this thread would get spit roasted by Arsenal supporters (and every other team's supporters).

I like the camaraderie (sp?) of football fans. At 3am, dying of flu, wrapped in a blanket and sniffing yar dom I was overjoyed at the result. But at the same time I felt for the Arsenal players and fans because I've been down that road... chewing my nails as the minutes tick away, hoping for a miracle, despondancy setting in as I accept no miracle is coming.

As long as I can remember, I have never gloated after Man U won a match, never SMS'ed a buddy mocking his team's loss. These things are too emotive to be funny.

Of course, in between games, I'll argue with anyone.

I thought a Man U fan posting on this thread would get spit roasted

we thought you might be getting enough spit roastings down in Phuket so let you off gently... :wink:

Fact is; we are the 4th best team in the Premiership. If Ciaran and others are happy being 4th best and making semi-finals every year, fair enough. But I am sure I speak for many Gooners when I say 4th best aint good enough, and nor are semi finals.

I thought a Man U fan posting on this thread would get spit roasted

we thought you might be getting enough spit roastings down in Phuket so let you off gently... :wink:

don't let's forget that the novelty of a Man U fan who actually knows when the games are on hasn't worn off yet.

Fact is; we are the 4th best team in the Premiership. If Ciaran and others are happy being 4th best and making semi-finals every year, fair enough. But I am sure I speak for many Gooners when I say 4th best aint good enough, and nor are semi finals.

i don't think it's a question of 4th being 'good enough' so much as, "what's your plan then, genius?" who would you bring in?

seems to me that Arsene had a run where he could do no wrong. last couple years he's had some bad decisions but also some horrible luck. Fergie's had some "bad" years too. Rafa's GOOD years are relatively bad. so honestly...

if not Wenger, WHO???

Agree,

Why asking the head of the coach when the team is still doing pretty well?

Going into the semifimal 2 time in 3 years is still pretty awsome,and when you look at the barclays leagues ,we are not doing to bad either.Yes we are trophy less,but when we look at the squad,it sound logical,and i cannot really blam Wenger for that.

Yes we need more money,but Wenger is not the one with the deep pocket.

Agree,

Going into the semifimal 2 time in 3 years is still pretty awsome,and when you look at the barclays leagues ,we are not doing to bad either.Yes we are trophy less,but when we look at the squad,it sound logical,and i cannot really blam Wenger for that.

sorry Nico, but b0llox. Those sort of mediocre expectations are all fine and well for mid table clubs, but not for a team with ambitions like Arsenal.

Maybe where we do need the change is in the boardroom, and maybe someone like Kroenke will inject the funds to match those ambitions. I don't want to end up like Chelski with the sign 3, hope 1 turns out good policy, nor do I want to see the ridiculous levels of debt Man Utd have. But this continual talk of not being able to afford better players is nonsense, especially when you look at the transfer balances over the last 5 years.

As I said to Ciaran, if you are happy with 4th in the league and with semi finals, then fine, but don't get all upset when fans who want to see the club grow complain about that mediocrity. :)

Guest marty

stop ******* whining. arsenal are one good team, there are three others that presently are better. arsenal are rebuilding and are skint. there are boardroom problems and a new stadium to pay for. wtf do you expect? clearly you are ******* clueless ian. stick to scottish football

Guest marty

have you actually been to watch arsenal? indeed have you been to london?

gloryseeker

Agree,

sorry Nico, but b0llox. Those sort of mediocre expectations are all fine and well for mid table clubs, but not for a team with ambitions like Arsenal.

Maybe where we do need the change is in the boardroom, and maybe someone like Kroenke will inject the funds to match those ambitions. I don't want to end up like Chelski with the sign 3, hope 1 turns out good policy, nor do I want to see the ridiculous levels of debt Man Utd have. But this continual talk of not being able to afford better players is nonsense, especially when you look at the transfer balances over the last 5 years.

As I said to Ciaran, if you are happy with 4th in the league and with semi finals, then fine, but don't get all upset when fans who want to see the club grow complain about that mediocrity. :)

have you actually been to watch arsenal? indeed have you been to london?

gloryseeker

Agree,

mate, before you open your mouth and spout sh*t, check facts first. Yes, I have been to see Arsenal, at both Highbury and the Emirates. First time was when I was 9 years old, so I think a 34 year history of attending matches and slighly longer supporting, gives me the right to express an opinion. ****.

:evil:

Mediocrity is a strong word and do not suit Arsenal.Newcastle is mediocre,not Arsenal.

Wenger made a statement today about the fact that something big need to be done,and i think the management will heard(well i hope so).

But once again,for me Wenger is not the problem,and no manager with the same squad will do better.

Are the referee blind in Europe?

Mediocrity is a strong word and do not suit Arsenal.Newcastle is mediocre,not Arsenal.

Wenger made a statement today about the fact that something big need to be done,and i think the management will heard(well i hope so).

But once again,for me Wenger is not the problem,and no manager with the same squad will do better.

Are the referee blind in Europe?

Nico, I never said a different manager would do better with the SAME squad. I have criticised the very fact that the squad has not been deepened and strengthened, thus when we have the horrific injury crisis we did about one third of the way into the season, we start losing as we don't have the talent to bring in as back up. Same over the last month or 2 with our defence crisis.

We shall see what the board and Wenger do over the next 3 months or so. As Phil McNulty said we desperately need a midfielder with presence and a world class centre back, and, imho, we need a world class goalkeeper. Almunia is good, sometimes very good, but he is not world class.

And, for the record, I never said Arsenal themselves were mediocre (god knows I have seen some mediocre Arsenal squads over the years though.)

What I actually said was that Arsenal fans being happy with 4th place and reaching semi-finals is a reflection of mediocre expectations and that sort of mediocrity has no place at Ashburton Grove.