Life of Husband & Wife, when Promotion time was over.

Chatty

It's funny and sad in the same time that I have seen my friends and my mom's friends got married and their lives were totally changed.

When I was young I did believe when ppl met their soul mates and got married their lives would be happy ever after but many things more than love. hrrrr..

Case 1.

Promotion period....I knew this couple when I was a teenager, I helped my mom at her shop when I got semester break. My mom's friend rent my mom's shop for working as a dress maker... there was a guy who liked her so much... he worked at a garage in Ekkamai, he came to see my mom's friend every evening at Sukhumvit soi 1 (There was no BTS that time and he didn't has car) ... so he did won her heart... They got married... and my mom's friend bought a condo room with her own money at Soi Barring, she came to work every day by taking a bus, her husband requested her to buy a car so he could drive her to work and bring her home. So she did bought a second hand car for him.

When Promotion was over.... I asked my mom's friend every time I met her.."where is your car? I really wanna see it" "Can you drive? Ahh you don't need to drive, right cuz you got a driver, haha" but she never laugh about it.

Cuz her husband keep his car for himself. When she pregnant she still took bus to work and home. Until now she still go to work and go home by taking a bus.... Sometimes I saw she cried... my mom got only one word for her "PATIENCE"

Case 2.

It happened to my friend... I know this couple since I started working at my workplace...I know since they were BF/GF. They are very good couple to me. The first 2 years that I started work, I didn't have a car, when I worked until late at night, my friend always asked her BF to take me back home... and he always did that. He was a very nice man... He lived in Rangsit, he drove from his place to her place at Ladproa brought her to her workplace at Suk. before he went to work at Silom. Every evening, he came to pick her up, sent her home (sometimes dropped me at Ratchada) then he went back to Rangsit.

I told my friend they should get married... and not so long they did.

When promotion was over. After they got married he moved to her house... changed job. I could feel that he had small changed. When we went shopping..he called her that he arrived the shopping mall, and he didn't wanna wait. (but when he was BF he could wait). One day There was a farang trainee, he was 17 years old but his body was bigger than me.. His last day I had to take him to see a movie and dinner. I didn't wanna go with him alone... so I asked her to be with me. Half of movie her husband called said he arrived so she just left me and farang trainee at that moment. A big changed came when she pregnant her first son. She had to go back home by BTS and he would pick her up at the station until she got her 2nd son. Until now... when we work late at night I always drive to her place, it's quite far from me but I don't wanna let her take taxi... her soi is too dark, and kinda dangerous. My mom said I always think about her safety but I have never think about my own safety.

Plus, one day she told me, "Neung if you wanna get married, find someone who is really really talkative, you see my husband? you know he was a talkative guy but nowaday, he just keeps his thought in his mind, and I don't know what he wants me to do...." grrrrrrrrrrrr....

Case 3.

I got a friend of mine got same same story, the man who was her BF always helped her, drove her home and work, when they became husband and wife. Same story had happened. Now she has to wait for her husband after work under the express way...

Why the guys changed their behavior after get married?... does every couple like this? It makes me scared of married life...

Since u only mentioned about picking up and dropping off thing..

I don't see it a big deal.. coz I don't like anyone to pick me up so I'm used to with going anywhere by myself. My date never have to pick me up. I asked my boy to pick me up from my house only on first date just to test a bit and I never did again. So if I got married I won't have this problem...

Lucky me?

I have one colleague whom wont take taxi nor bus but BTS/MRT, so her date/friends always had to pick her up all the time.. I was thinking that why she needed so much maintenance like that. LOL Or maybe she's normal but I'm not..

Why the guys changed their behavior after get married?....

....and women don't??

....The men in your examples are probably so sexually frustrated that the only way they can retaliate is to find a situation where their wife needs their help....

....woman: "Hi baby can you pick me up?"

man: "Sorry darling, I've got a headache."

...."quid pro quo Clarice, quid pro quo"......

Why the guys changed their behavior after get married?... does every couple like this? It makes me scared of married life...

Both men and women change after married, Nong 1. For exp. A wife feels more secure and more relax in the relationship and that makes a wife lets herself goes, such as stop wearing make up at home, weak up with messy hairstyle and walk around the house all day with the same nightgown that she?s wearing for 3 days already and in the worse case she puts on some extra kilos. No husband can stand that.

Every relationship has its own very unique style. That?s why I don?t take relationship advice from Ophra or anyone. You have to find out with your partner, ?communication? is the key. When problems occur in your relationship, talk about it with your partner because he/she is the only person who can give you the right answers and then you have to work on it.

There is no such a thing as happily ever after, we (women) are not Snow White.

There is nothing wrong with the idea of Marriage, Neung. If you find the right person and have an open and understanding mind, marriage is a wonderful thing.

Like Pandorea said, everyone changes in a marriage. It is impossible to stop change. How you adjust to the changes could determine if the marriage is successful or not.

And by the way, a successful marriage is not that junk you see in movies. It is much harder and requires a lot of work, dear. :)

It's funny and sad in the same time that I have seen my friends and my mom's friends got married and their lives were totally changed.

When I was young I did believe when ppl met their soul mates and got married their lives would be happy ever after but many things more than love. hrrrr..

Case 1.

Promotion period....I knew this couple when I was a teenager, I helped my mom at her shop when I got semester break. My mom's friend rent my mom's shop for working as a dress maker... there was a guy who liked her so much... he worked at a garage in Ekkamai, he came to see my mom's friend every evening at Sukhumvit soi 1 (There was no BTS that time and he didn't has car) ... so he did won her heart... They got married... and my mom's friend bought a condo room with her own money at Soi Barring, she came to work every day by taking a bus, her husband requested her to buy a car so he could drive her to work and bring her home. So she did bought a second hand car for him.

When Promotion was over.... I asked my mom's friend every time I met her.."where is your car? I really wanna see it" "Can you drive? Ahh you don't need to drive, right cuz you got a driver, haha" but she never laugh about it.

Cuz her husband keep his car for himself. When she pregnant she still took bus to work and home. Until now she still go to work and go home by taking a bus.... Sometimes I saw she cried... my mom got only one word for her "PATIENCE"

Case 2.

It happened to my friend... I know this couple since I started working at my workplace...I know since they were BF/GF. They are very good couple to me. The first 2 years that I started work, I didn't have a car, when I worked until late at night, my friend always asked her BF to take me back home... and he always did that. He was a very nice man... He lived in Rangsit, he drove from his place to her place at Ladproa brought her to her workplace at Suk. before he went to work at Silom. Every evening, he came to pick her up, sent her home (sometimes dropped me at Ratchada) then he went back to Rangsit.

When promotion was over. After they got married he moved to her house... changed job. I could feel that he had small changed. When we went shopping..he called her that he arrived the shopping mall, and he didn't wanna wait. (but when he was BF he could wait). One day There was a farang trainee, he was 17 years old but his body was bigger than me.. His last day I had to take him to see a movie and dinner. I didn't wanna go with him alone... so I asked her to be with me. Half of movie her husband called said he arrived so she just left me and farang trainee at that moment. A big changed came when she pregnant her first son. She had to go back home by BTS and he would pick her up at the station until she got her 2nd son. Until now... when we work late at night I always drive to her place, it's quite far from me but I don't wanna let her take taxi... her soi is too dark, and kinda dangerous. My mom said I always think about her safety but I have never think about my own safety.

Plus, one day she told me, "Neung if you wanna get married, find someone who is really really talkative, you see my husband? you know he was a talkative guy but nowaday, he just keeps his thought in his mind, and I don't know what he wants me to do...." grrrrrrrrrrrr....

Case 3.

I got a friend of mine got same same story, the man who was her BF always helped her, drove her home and work, when they became husband and wife. Same story had happened. Now she has to wait for her husband after work under the express way...

Bcool... I didn't read the reply underneath, but I have something to say. I hope I do not offend you with my idea's. I think you talk in your stories about a Thai couple isn't it?

There is a huge difference between the common behaviour of a Thai male and a Farang male. Of course there are exceptions for both of them, but in general are the Thai and farang very different.

Thai guy will be very gentle and helpfull before he marry, after that he is in command of the family and the only thing he does is work, if there is a job. The money he usualy keep it for himself. I tell you this far. It is very normal to behave like this. In the past the Thai woman were slaves of the husband.

Farang do anything for there wives, they are gentle and helpfull at all times. They build a castle if they can. They clean the house and do the laundry. Even buy them a new car. But how sad.... so often are they betrayed and loose all there money and have a broken heart.

So..... who is smart? The Thai guy or the farang?

Both men and women change after married, Nong 1. For exp. A wife feels more secure and more relax in the relationship and that makes a wife lets herself goes, such as stop wearing make up at home, weak up with messy hairstyle and walk around the house all day with the same nightgown that she?s wearing for 3 days already and in the worse case she puts on some extra kilos. No husband can stand that.

Every relationship has its own very unique style. That?s why I don?t take relationship advice from Ophra or anyone. You have to find out with your partner, ?communication? is the key. When problems occur in your relationship, talk about it with your partner because he/she is the only person who can give you the right answers and then you have to work on it.

There is no such a thing as happily ever after, we (women) are not Snow White.

Pandorea,

Indeed! Every relationship is different, you also behave different with each partner. It takes time to know your partner, but also to know yourself. And where you wanna kill with the first partner, you could be very understanding with the second :wink: You never know what can happen. Perhaps you find true love at last.

John

Bcool... I didn't read the reply underneath, but I have something to say. I hope I do not offend you with my idea's. I think you talk in your stories about a Thai couple isn't it?

There is a huge difference between the common behaviour of a Thai male and a Farang male. Of course there are exceptions for both of them, but in general are the Thai and farang very different.

Thai guy will be very gentle and helpfull before he marry, after that he is in command of the family and the only thing he does is work, if there is a job. The money he usualy keep it for himself. I tell you this far. It is very normal to behave like this. In the past the Thai woman were slaves of the husband.

Farang do anything for there wives, they are gentle and helpfull at all times. They build a castle if they can. They clean the house and do the laundry. Even buy them a new car. But how sad.... so often are they betrayed and loose all there money and have a broken heart.

I am sorry to say, but I think you have romantised the Farang male too much. I am sure my numerous female friends who have gone through a divorce or been cheated on by their husbands would disagree with your viewpoint.

There are good and bad men of all cultures. And good and bad behaviour in us all.

wow .... that is an absolute classic !!! :D:D:D

i can just imagine all the girls on TF now running of to get themselves a farang hubby now !!! :roll: :twisted:

@bCool - just a few comments.

As mentioned already, every relationship is unique. And people change over time. So the 3 cases do not determine your own experience if you choose to create a happy marriage.

Once you accept that, then there's no need to fear your future.

This is critical because what you fear is what you draw into your life (anyway this has been my experience).

On a larger scale, whether a marriage "succeeds" or "fails", it's simply an experience, an opportunity to express your true self.

WTF? where did you get that rubbish from? Thai women are usually in charge of the paycheck. And slaves to the husband? Have you ever been to Thailand?

Doesn't sound like any farang I've met in Bangkok.

Actually I know a few Thai guys who are exactly like that.

Anyone who doesn't believe a word you said :wink:

Thai women are usually in charge of the paycheck.

True, most old school Asian culture in general i would say, if you are not in Thailand, easiest sample is to go to your local Asian restaurants. Women are always at the register collecting money while men are in the kitchen wokking away.

back to the OP.

Easy to find someone to get married and have kids, living up to social expectation.

It's not easy to find a life partner.

:o is that true? :lol:

off course ... jing jing !!! especially those of us who have been divorced before ... we r even more devoted, gentle, loving and helpful. in fact it's hard to think where u could find a better life time partner than a bitter ripped off farang guy who despises farang biatches with a passion ... but be warned .. they r not easy to find, so if u do get one ... treasure him !!!

Case 1.

Case 2.

Case 3.

:roll: .. so, you are telling us that we women should dump the guys just before or right after the promotion end ???

ummm.. :roll:

off course ... jing jing !!! especially those of us who have been divorced before ... we r even more devoted, gentle, loving and helpful. in fact it's hard to think where u could find a better life time partner than a bitter ripped off farang guy who despises farang biatches with a passion ... but be warned .. they r not easy to find, so if u do get one ... treasure him !!!

******* objection your honor... defense is clearly self promoting :lol:

f*cking objection your honor... defense is clearly self promoting :lol:

Sustained. Will the dishonourable counsel for the defence refrain from blatant self promotion and obvious misinformation.

But so often the Thai woman are that " stupid " to betray the guys anyway, because they do the Thai way, have more bf before they marry. Unfortunaly there is no farang who will accept such a behaviour, because they simply have no other lovers. Khun dee au!! :(

:roll: .. so, you are telling us that we women should dump the guys just before or right after the promotion end ???

ummm.. :roll:

Nope, try to have only one and do not shop around all the time. Better invest in one good one. You are to easy for the guys, so they have no intention to behave better once they are married. Simply because there's always some woman who wanna be a gig. :cry: In farang country it is selden that a married guy has more woman for the ding dong.

Farang guys might be crazy of all the attention they have from the Thai woman.

BUT... I still say that a life in Thailand with a Thai wife is 1000% better than one with a farang woman. Better have a Thai wife. :P

Well there is a difference where the guy come from, many guys who come to Thailand are lazy and drink a lot. But I may say that the Dutch guys are very hard workers and they honour there wives a lot. Perhaps it is of the Dutch woman who can be extreem difficult.

Well there is a difference where the guy come from, many guys who come to Thailand are lazy and drink a lot. But I may say that the Dutch guys are very hard workers and they honour there wives a lot. Perhaps it is of the Dutch woman who can be extreem difficult.

jesus, i ain't seen ass kissing like that since Ghee got a yellow