WTF?--- News hot off the press that makes you say--- WTF?

GoodKarma

Supreme court defends right of US citizens to live on terrifying streets

The US Supreme court has upheld the constitutional right to bear arms after Chicago tried to ban handguns in a feeble attempt to stop people getting murdered all of the time.

The US’s highest court ruled by 5-4 that a ban on handgun ownership in the city of Chicago was unconstitutional, and that all US citizens had the right to be just seconds from flipping out and indiscriminately killing everyone around them.

The judges ruling explained, “A well-armed militia is ingrained in our constitution - and clearly it works, I mean how many times have we been invaded in the last couple of hundred years? Hmmm?â€

Gun enthusiast Chuck Spielberg told reporters, “It’s about personal freedoms, and I would happily die for your right to own the weapons with which you could happily kill me if you wanted to.â€

“So what if a dozen or so people get murdered every day in America using guns that could easily be banned. Those murderers are merely exercising their second amendments rights as enshrined in the constitution.â€

“As far as I’m concerned, a few thousand preventable deaths is a price worth paying to allow people to exercise their constitutional right to make our country a terrifying place to live.â€

Democracy

Chairman of the National Rifle Association Charlton Heston said, “This is a great day for American democracy - the feeling of finely crafted, fully loaded cold hard steel in your hand is what makes this country what it is. Murder capital of the western world.â€

“The framers of our constitution clearly wanted me to be packing heat three hundred years later, and I am not so arrogant as to assume I know better than some men who would have **** themselves at the mere sight of an aeroplane.â€

“In fact, I own more guns that I can carry at any one time, such is my complete dedication to the type of democracy they envisaged.â€

“You have to remember that guns don’t kill people, guns just make it extremely easy for some people to kill other people whilst accidentally killing some other people in the crossfire.â€

na

Would I be correct in assuming that both the State and Fedral govt's have a responsibility to ensure a safe place for it's citizens to live. After all it is the responsibility of the Govt to protect and serve the people in it's communities.

Therefore if the Govt and it's agencies fail to provide a safe place for the citizens to live the Govt is failing in it's responsibilities and should be sued in court for lack of due diligance.

FB appears to becoming more prudish. How about investing time and energy in protecting peoples online privacy!

Now Facebook bans doll nipples July 5, 2010

Facebook's prude police are out in force yet again, this time threatening action against a Sydney jeweller for posting pictures of an exquisite nude porcelain doll posing with her works.

Victoria Buckley, who owns a high-end jewellery store in the Strand Arcade on George Street, has long used dolls as inspiration for her pieces and hasn't had one complaint about the A3 posters of the nudes in her shop window.

But over the weekend she received six warnings from Facebook saying the pictures of the doll, which show little more than nipples, constituted "inappropriate content" and breached the site's terms of service.

Buckley said Facebook was behaving like "philistines" and blamed the issue on "American puritanism".

Full article: http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/now-facebook-bans-doll-nipples-20100705-zwnr.html

Opheliamain-420x0.jpg

Man unearths 52,000 Roman coins

(UKPA) – 2 hours ago

A man with a metal detector has made one of the largest finds of Roman coins in Britain, it has been revealed.

The hoard of around 52,000 coins dating from the third century AD was found buried in a field near Frome in Somerset.

The coins were in a huge jar just over a foot below the surface, located by Dave from Devizes in Wiltshire. He told how his detector gave a "funny signal", prompting him to dig down through the soil.

Mr Crisp said: "I put my hand in, pulled out a bit of clay and there was a little Radial, a little bronze Roman coin. Very, very small, about the size of my fingernail."

He added: "I have made many finds over the years, but this is my first major coin hoard."

Since the discovery in late April - which weighed around 160kg - experts from the Portable Antiquities Scheme (PAS) at the British Museum have been sifting through the coins. They believe the stash was probably intended as some sort of religious offering, rather than storage for later use.

Sam Moorhead, from the PAS, said: "I don't believe myself that this is a hoard of coins intended for recovery. I think what you could see is a community of people who are actually making offerings and they are each pouring in their own contribution to a communal ritual votive offering to the gods."

It is estimated the coins were worth about four years' pay for a legionary soldier.

A selection from the find is on display at the British Museum until mid-August.

The story of the excavation will be told in a new BBC Two series, Digging for Britain, which will be broadcast next month.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iaW8nF_7Br-KVRSuzPkeN2icZwmg

not so much a WTF story, just a brilliant headline!!!

Tired Gay succumbs to Dix in 200 meters

Oregon (Reuters) - Olympic bronze medalist Walter Dix edged out Tyson Gay in the former world champion's hotly-anticipated return to the 200 meters at the Prefontaine Classic Diamond League meeting on Saturday.

In the 110 meters hurdles, American David Oliver recorded the fourth fastest 110 meters hurdles of all time with a 12.90 second run.

Gay, who has been battling a nagging hamstring problem for seven weeks, ran his first 200 of the year in 19.76 seconds to finish just shy of Dix, who took control coming off the bend and stayed in front to win in 19.72.

"It wasn't bad, but I was a little fatigued toward the end," Gay said. "I tried to stay relaxed and bring it home, but it wasn't enough."

Dix, who won the 100 meters and placed second at the U.S. nationals last weekend, said his race experience had helped, "but I'm a little beat up, too."

"I was a little sloppy out of the blocks, but I was able to hold on," he added. "Tyson gave me great competition."

Oliver, the Olympic bronze medalist, equaled Dominique Arnold's national record with his second consecutive lifetime best. He ran 12.93 to win the U.S. championships last Sunday.

Only world record holder Dayron Robles (12.87) of Cuba and China's Liu Xiang have run faster.

"I didn't get a great start but I brought it home," Oliver said.

The American left countryman Ryan Wilson (13.16) well behind in second spot.

Jamaican Veronica Campbell-Brown, the Olympic 200 champion, surprised a talented 100 field with a personal best and season-leading 10.78 seconds to leave her thinking she might double at next year's world championships.

Olympic 100 gold medalist Shelly-Ann Fraser trailed in 10.82, just ahead of American Carmelita Jeter (10.83).

Three other season-leading marks were set.

American world champion Christian Cantwell used a last-effort throw of 22.41 meters to win the shot put, and world indoor 800 meters champion Mariya Savinova of Russia clocked 1:57.56 to beat Olympic 1,500 gold medalist Nancy Langat of Kenya at the shorter distance.

Sudan's Abubaker Kaki added a fifth season-leading mark when he took the infrequently run 1,000 meters in 2:13.62.

Kenyan Olympic 1,500 champion Asbel Kiprop just missed another when he won the mile in 3:49.75.

Olympic long jump champion Irving Saladino of Panama pulled a mild surprise as he used a wind-assisted leap of 8.46 meters to beat U.S. world gold medalist Dwight Phillips (8.41).

Brazilian world indoor gold medalist Fabiana Murer also came out on top, winning the women's pole vault over Polish world champion Anna Rogowska. Both cleared 4.58 meters. U.S. world leader Jenn Shur failed to clear a height.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6622I420100703

:lol:

An Indian woman gave birth to a baby in the washroom of an international passenger plane and tried to dispose of it down the toilet, according to reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7925807

Before peole get mad at her, rembember this...... She was probably worried that she would have to pay for an extra ticket as the child became a live passenger during the flight.

Students don't have much money you know and it stares clearly she was a returning student.

WOW.......... Incredible India.......... Real culture and real tradition, you know what I mean like?

Major gainers include, Solarfun Power Holdings(SOLF), JA Solar(JASO), Trina Solar(TSL), Suntech Power(STP), Canadian Solar(CSIQ), Yingli Green Energy(YGE) and LDK Solar(LDK), which surged 28.2%, 25.2%, 21.3%, 19.3%, 15.6%, 15.4% and 14.3%, respectively.

We have been bullish on this space with a long-term outlook.

News of China doubling the world's solar panels capacity by loaning Yingli Green Energy $5.3 billion in order to expand production had a positive impact on the stock. The funds will be lent by China Development Bank, which also funded approximately $12 billion to Suntech Power and Trina Solar in April.

"The loans are enough to increase the world's solar wafer and cell capacity by 100 percent," Jenny Chase, head of solar-energy analysis for New Energy Finance, told Bloomberg. According to the group, China accounted for 43% of world production last year.

Today the annual worldwide Solar PV production is 15GW, now heading toward 30GW.

An Indian woman gave birth to a baby in the washroom of an international passenger plane and tried to dispose of it down the toilet, according to reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7925807

Before peole get mad at her, rembember this...... She was probably worried that she would have to pay for an extra ticket as the child became a live passenger during the flight.

Students don't have much money you know and it stares clearly she was a returning student.

WOW.......... Incredible India.......... Real culture and real tradition, you know what I mean like?

If ya didn't insert yr hard disk into her driver... she wouldn't make this headline.

But yeah..... Incredible India.

Major gainers include, Solarfun Power Holdings(SOLF), JA Solar(JASO), Trina Solar(TSL), Suntech Power(STP), Canadian Solar(CSIQ), Yingli Green Energy(YGE) and LDK Solar(LDK), which surged 28.2%, 25.2%, 21.3%, 19.3%, 15.6%, 15.4% and 14.3%, respectively.

News of China doubling the world's solar panels capacity by loaning Yingli Green Energy $5.3 billion in order to expand production had a positive impact on the stock. The funds will be lent by China Development Bank, which also funded approximately $12 billion to Suntech Power and Trina Solar in April.

"The loans are enough to increase the world's solar wafer and cell capacity by 100 percent," Jenny Chase, head of solar-energy analysis for New Energy Finance, told Bloomberg. According to the group, China accounted for 43% of world production last year.

Today the annual worldwide Solar PV production is 15GW, now heading toward 30GW.

Yup...cha ching...

Yup...cha ching...

China is 10 spending times more on Solar PV than the States. The chinese PV companies afford to buy the best PV manufacturing technology worldwide. In the end it's good for everyone, lowers the cost of PV modules. But, USA is second or third unless Obama really starts kicking some ass and gets a price on carbon, the only way the US can afford to invest more money in PV.

for anyone that was following the Raoul Moat story here in the UK, final proof that former England footballer Paul Gascoigne is a complete nutter!!

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/life/gazza-calls-real-radio-trying-to-save-moaty/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7882762/Raoul-Moat-Gazza-arrives-in-Rothbury-to-offer-his-support.html

'The retired footballer, 43, said he was a "good friend" of Moat and had brought him a "can of lager, some chicken, a mobile phone and something to keep warm". Gascoigne, who has battled with drink for much of his adult life, is said to have fished frequently in nearby Rothbury. He said he had taken a fishing rod with him on Friday night.'

Reacting with shock to the news Gascoigne was in Rothbury, his agent Kenny Shepherd said: "He's doing what? I am sitting having an evening meal in Majorca. I'm speechless."

:lol:

Anyone who believes in stoning should get stoned by other people and see how they like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/media/stoning.htm

Iran halts Stoning of woman for now

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/middle-east/Irans-Judiciary-Halts-Stoning-of-Woman-For-Now-98203444.html

saw that.

Some sick comments i came across over this tragic:

i think that a public stoning sends out a powerful message to those that commit adultery, sometimes a violent public execution such as stoning will keep women in line and will make other women learn to behave and obey the rules of there country and bring back some morality. They pay the ultimate price for a bit of slap and tickle with someone and so must be punished. ... See More

and

I fully agree, woman must learn to keep to the rules and not be rude in offering herself up. The problem with the Western world especially the English, they have forgotten who is the boss. Over the last 3000 years woman had their place, knew their place and were in their place looking after their husbands and raizing the children, now they want to rule men in the last 50 years, what next a woman pope?. Stone them so they obey the rules.

What in the he** is an etch a sketch??

Etch a sketch is 50 today

Young man it's fun to play at the Y...iiiiiiiiii

The Y formally known as the YMCA now the village people have nothing to sing about.

The YMCA has changed it's name today

Woman gives birth to two sons weighing 10 pounds each

Woman gets 30 days in jail for taping dog to the refrigerator

Anyone who believes in stoning should get stoned by other people and see how they like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/media/stoning.htm

Iran halts Stoning of woman for now

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/middle-east/Irans-Judiciary-Halts-Stoning-of-Woman-For-Now-98203444.html

saw that.

Some sick comments i came across over this tragic:

i think that a public stoning sends out a powerful message to those that commit adultery, sometimes a violent public execution such as stoning will keep women in line and will make other women learn to behave and obey the rules of there country and bring back some morality. They pay the ultimate price for a bit of slap and tickle with someone and so must be punished. ... See More

and

I fully agree, woman must learn to keep to the rules and not be rude in offering herself up. The problem with the Western world especially the English, they have forgotten who is the boss. Over the last 3000 years woman had their place, knew their place and were in their place looking after their husbands and raizing the children, now they want to rule men in the last 50 years, what next a woman pope?. Stone them so they obey the rules.

Sounds fair enough to me...., Kidding. This is just more proof of the poison which Islam is. Conditioning people into even considering such actions as 'stonable'.... The time is coming when those who wish to be counted will have to remove this filth from the planet. Just as it was done with Natzism. Keep the people who are prepared to drop it and remove those who aren't....

Peace, to those who give a ****, now where are my bricks!

Robbie Williams is now back in Take That! Take That all you cynics and haters. Music is about to get good again. Yaaaay! :wink:

Robbie Williams and Take That have recorded a new album, the group has confirmed.

The article goes on but its hardly captivating stuff now is it!?

Although it is interesting that he showed no signs of returning when he was doing well. Now he's a faded Singer/Entertainer he goes running back to the group that are now doing better than him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment+arts-10636043

Sounds fair enough to me...., Kidding. This is just more proof of the poison which Islam is. Conditioning people into even considering such actions as 'stonable'.... The time is coming when those who wish to be counted will have to remove this filth from the planet. Just as it was done with Natzism. Keep the people who are prepared to drop it and remove those who aren't....

Peace, to those who give a f*ck, now where are my bricks!

funnily enough what u r proposing is exactly what the Nazis tried to do to Jews ... strange who's ideals and methods u align urself with !!!

Peace, to those who give a f*ck, now where are my bricks!

funnily enough what u r proposing is exactly what the Nazis tried to do to Jews ... strange who's ideals and methods u align urself with !!!

What bollocks are you going on about?

I am saying, as Nazism was removed, Islamic Sharia has to go also and you can throw Whabbieism in that bag too. . If they could find a nice Sharia which didn't stone women, put them in jail for BEING raped, treat them like second class **** stools, force the covering of whole bodies in black tents in 50 degree heat (Sharia can punish those who don't conform) and a thousands of other examples, I would suck Sharia's cock. But they can't, so it has to go.

I don't propose the same as Natzis did to Jews and I don't even hint at it. I am proposing what the united world did to Nazism. They removed it and gave cool Germans a chance to create a better country for people to live in.

China rainstorms, floods 'leave 146 dead'

* Published: 16/07/2010 at 10:37 PM

* Online news: Breakingnews

Torrential rain and severe flooding have left at least 146 people dead and 40 missing in ten Chinese provinces, mostly along the Yangtze River following recent storms, state media said Friday.

Paramilitary police help residents evacuate floods-hit areas in Duchang, central China's Jiangxi province, on July 14. Torrential rain and severe flooding have left at least 146 people dead and 40 missing in ten Chinese provinces, mostly along the Yangtze River following recent storms, state media said.

The Xinhua news agency said that as of 4:00 pm (0800 GMT) Friday, rain-triggered floods had affected some 38.2 million people and 1.3 million had been evacuated.

The latest toll is nearly 40 percent higher than what Xinhua reported on Tuesday following rains along the Yangtze River, China's longest, over the past 10 days.

Heavy downpours in central and eastern China have caused water levels in major lakes and some river tributaries to rise alarmingly, state media has said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/186469/146-dead-in-china-rainstorms-and-floods-state-media