WTF?--- News hot off the press that makes you say--- WTF?

GoodKarma

Two teenage members of a "happy slapping" gang who fatally beat a retired care worker in front of his young granddaughter in south London have been detained.

Ekram Haque, 67, was attacked in August 2009 in Tooting as he left a mosque. He died from his injuries a week later.

Leon Elcock, 16, and Hamza Lyzai, 15, had pleaded guilty to manslaughter in June at the Old Bailey.

Elcock was detained for four-and-a half years and Lyzai for three-and-a-half.

Mr Haque hit his head after being struck to the ground, suffering irreparable brain damage.

His death was the culmination of a series of "happy slapping" incidents - assaults which are recorded on mobile phones.

Ekram Haque was with his three-year-old granddaughter when he was attacked

The footage showed youths running off and laughing afterwards.

The teenagers, who are both from Tooting, were told by Judge Martin Stephens: "As a result of your so-called bit of fun he [Mr Haque] was deprived of a full and contented life and his family of a devoted, inspiring and beloved father and grandfather."

The judge lifted restrictions on naming the pair as a warning to others "who may be tempted to indulge in such appalling behaviour".

The boys were charged with his murder, but guilty pleas to the lesser charges of manslaughter and assault causing actual bodily harm were accepted by prosecutors.

A third youth, aged 15, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was detained for six months after admitting, with Elcock, to actual bodily harm against a couple in their 70s.

Jasumati and Jushbhai Patel were punched and stamped on in their home after they asked the boys not to sit on their wall.

Elcock was on bail for the assault on the elderly couple at the time he took part in the killing of Mr Haque.

Elcock was on bail at time of the assault, which he carried out with Hamza Lyzai

All three teenagers also pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm to two other men, Atta-ul Hassan Mir and Imdad Bukari, on the same day as the attack on Mr Haque, as they too left the mosque during the Islamic festival of Ramadan.

Both killers could be released on licence after serving half their sentences, minus nearly a year they have already been in custody, while the 15-year-old has effectively completed his sentence already.

The judge said his powers of sentence in relation to the assaults were "very limited" because of the defendants' ages.

Mr Haque's son Arfan, 35, said outside court: "I thought justice has not been served today. I have been really let down."

He had earlier told the court in a statement that his daughter had been traumatised by what had happened because she had had a special relationship with her grandfather.

During the investigation, officers found six videos of "happy slapping" incidents on mobile phones belonging to the gang, but the attacks the youths were charged over were not among them.

DIRTY BASTARDS!!

_48488969_tooting_304.jpg

Video is on this link too....But probably to UK'ers only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10737347

:evil:

Two teenage members of a "happy slapping" gang who fatally beat a retired care worker in front of his young granddaughter in south London have been detained.

Ekram Haque, 67, was attacked in August 2009 in Tooting as he left a mosque. He died from his injuries a week later.

Leon Elcock, 16, and Hamza Lyzai, 15, had pleaded guilty to manslaughter in June at the Old Bailey.

Elcock was detained for four-and-a half years and Lyzai for three-and-a-half.

Mr Haque hit his head after being struck to the ground, suffering irreparable brain damage.

His death was the culmination of a series of "happy slapping" incidents - assaults which are recorded on mobile phones.

Ekram Haque was with his three-year-old granddaughter when he was attacked

The footage showed youths running off and laughing afterwards.

The teenagers, who are both from Tooting, were told by Judge Martin Stephens: "As a result of your so-called bit of fun he [Mr Haque] was deprived of a full and contented life and his family of a devoted, inspiring and beloved father and grandfather."

The judge lifted restrictions on naming the pair as a warning to others "who may be tempted to indulge in such appalling behaviour".

The boys were charged with his murder, but guilty pleas to the lesser charges of manslaughter and assault causing actual bodily harm were accepted by prosecutors.

A third youth, aged 15, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was detained for six months after admitting, with Elcock, to actual bodily harm against a couple in their 70s.

Jasumati and Jushbhai Patel were punched and stamped on in their home after they asked the boys not to sit on their wall.

Elcock was on bail for the assault on the elderly couple at the time he took part in the killing of Mr Haque.

Elcock was on bail at time of the assault, which he carried out with Hamza Lyzai

All three teenagers also pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm to two other men, Atta-ul Hassan Mir and Imdad Bukari, on the same day as the attack on Mr Haque, as they too left the mosque during the Islamic festival of Ramadan.

Both killers could be released on licence after serving half their sentences, minus nearly a year they have already been in custody, while the 15-year-old has effectively completed his sentence already.

The judge said his powers of sentence in relation to the assaults were "very limited" because of the defendants' ages.

Mr Haque's son Arfan, 35, said outside court: "I thought justice has not been served today. I have been really let down."

He had earlier told the court in a statement that his daughter had been traumatised by what had happened because she had had a special relationship with her grandfather.

During the investigation, officers found six videos of "happy slapping" incidents on mobile phones belonging to the gang, but the attacks the youths were charged over were not among them.

DIRTY BASTARDS!!

_48488969_tooting_304.jpg

Video is on this link too....But probably to UK'ers only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10737347

:evil:

Another example of why we should all leave Thailand and go to live in peace loving England.

I can't believe these fuckers got a manslaughter charge. They are repeat offenders and so ******* thick they film it. ******* wankers. I work with a Russian guy right now. He doesn't agree with the death penalty for **** sucking scum bags like this. He says just put them in a Russian jail. Everyone in a Russian jail prays for death to come everyday and the guards look to keep people alive in order to maintain their suffering.

Viva Russia

talk about a good return on your money...

Bought at a garage sale for $45, the photographs worth more than $200m

By Stephen Foley in New York

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Rick Norsigian, a Californian antique buff, knew exactly what he was looking for when he went rooting through a Fresno garage in 2000. He was looking for a vintage barber's chair, to add to his eclectic collection of old telephone switchboards, petrol pumps and aeroplane propellers. But when the chair turned out to be a dud, he chanced upon something that changed his life: two boxes of antique glass negatives which, a Beverly Hills art appraiser declared yesterday, were the work of Ansel Adams, the father of American photography.

Mr Norsigian, a construction worker and painter, had bargained his garage sale counterparty from $75 down to $45 for the lot. Now it seems the collection is worth at least $200m (£129m). "When I heard that [figure], I got a little weak," he said.

Unveiling the photographs at a Beverly Hills gallery yesterday, after years of scepticism from the art world, an attorney, Arnold Peter, said a team of experts had finally concluded the 65 negatives were the early work of Adams, most likely taken between 1919 and the early 1930s and rescued from a fire in 1937. The photographer declared himself heartbroken at the fire, which destroyed an estimated one-third of his work.

Adams's black and white pictures of the rugged beauty of the American West are now a staple of US greetings cards and posters. His work not only helped establish photography as an art equivalent to painting or music, but also stoked the nascent national parks movement in the US. A retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art in New York in 2003 to celebrate what would have been his 100th birthday the previous year declared him "one of the great photographers of the 20th century and also one of the best-loved spokesmen for the obligations we owe to the natural world".

When Mr Norsigian and his friends noted the similarities between his negatives and Adams's famed photographs of Yosemite National Park, he decided to hire Mr Peter to investigate further, and the pair declared the results of that investigation yesterday. "You look at these photographs and they take your breath away," Mr Norsigian declared. "But it is even more meaningful and rewarding to finally have the leading experts confirm what I believed in my heart when I saw the images for the first time."

Handwriting experts confirmed that writing on the envelopes in which the negatives were found belonged to Adams's wife, Virginia, Mr Peter said. A meteorological expert compared one of Adams's most famous photographs with one found in the negatives and by looking at the cloud formation, the snow on the mountains and the shadow cast by a tree, determined that the two photographs were taken on the same day at approximately the same time.

"There is no definitive authority charged with authenticating photographs," Mr Peter said. "And unlike a painting there is no signature linking the work to the artist. So, we decided to apply the highest possible evidentiary standard we could think of. Every individual who has actually examined all the evidence we have gathered has come to the same conclusion – these are, in fact, the works of Ansel Adams.

"These photographs are really the missing link. They really fill the void in Ansel Adams' early career."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/bought-at-a-garage-sale-for-45-the-photographs-worth-more-than-200m-2036902.html

If you want me, am off to a car boot sale...

:shock:

_48519052_torrent.jpg

The personal details of more than 100 million Facebook users have been harvested and published on the net.

Ron Bowles, an online security consultant, used a simple piece of code to collect the data from Facebook.

The list, which has been shared as a downloadable file, contains the URL of every searchable Facebook user's profile, their name and unique ID.

Mr Bowles said he published the data to highlight privacy issues, but Facebook said it was already public information.

The file has spread rapidly across the net.

One user, going by the name of lusifer69, described the list as "awesome and a little terrifying".

In a statement to BBC News, Facebook said that the information in the list was already freely available online.

"People who use Facebook own their information and have the right to share only what they want, with whom they want, and when they want," the statement read.

"In this case, information that people have agreed to make public was collected by a single researcher and already exists in Google, Bing, other search engines, as well as on Facebook.

"No private data is available or has been compromised," the statement added.

'Privacy confusion'

But Simon Davies from the watchdog Privacy International told BBC News that Facebook had been given ample warning that something like this would happen.

"Facebook should have anticipated this attack and put measures in place to prevent it," he said

"It is inconceivable that a firm with hundreds of engineers couldn't have imagined a trawl of this magnitude and there's an argument to be heard that Facebook have acted with negligence, he added.

Mr Davies said that the trawl of data fed into "the confusion of the privacy settings".

"People did not understand the privacy settings and this is the result," he said.

Facebook hit its 500m user in mid June 2010

Earlier this year there was a storm of protest from users of the site over the complexity of Facebook's privacy settings. As a result, the site rolled out simplified privacy controls.

Facebook has a default setting for privacy that makes some user information publicly available. People have to make a conscious choice to opt-out of the defaults.

"It is similar to the white pages of the phone book, this is the information available to enable people to find each other, which is the reason people join Facebook," said a spokesman for the firm.

"If someone does not want to be found, we also offer a number of controls to enable people not to appear in search on Facebook, in search engines, or share any information with applications."

But Mr Davies disagreed, saying the default settings should be changed.

"This highlights the argument for a higher level of privacy and proves the case for default nondisclosure," he said.

"There are going to be a lot of angry and concerned people right now who be wondering who has their data and what they should do."

However, Mr Davies pointed out that this was something of an "ethical attack" and that more personal information, such as email addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses had not been included in the trawl.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10796584

I hate facebook anyway. Its full of wankers that you left in your past wanting to "meet up" and "become friends". Piss off, I left you in my past for a reason...you're a wanker.

I love FB. So many people I thought I had lost I have managed to get in contact with. So far I haven't had any worries.

Lighten up fella. As it is going it will be the death of TF anyway.

Yea, I know I should lighten up. Just a bad experience with facebook.

A questionable Android mobile wallpaper app that collects your personal data and sends it to a mysterious site in China, has been downloaded millions of times, according to data unearthed by mobile security firm Lookout.

That means that apps that seem good but are really stealing your personal information are a big risk at a time when mobile apps are exploding on smartphones, said John Hering, chief executive, and Kevin MaHaffey, chief technology officer at Lookout, in their talk at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas today.

“Even good apps can be modified to turn bad after a lot of people download it,†MaHaffey said. “Users absolutely have to pay attention to what they download. And developers have to be responsible about the data that they collect and how they use it.â€

The app in question came from Jackeey Wallpaper, and it was uploaded to the Android Market, where users can download it and use it to decorate their phones that run the Google Android operating system. It includes branded wallpapers from My Little Pony and Star Wars, to name just a couple.

It collects your browsing history, text messages, your phone’s SIM card number, subscriber identification, and even your voicemail password. It sends the data to a web site, www.imnet.us. That site is evidently owned by someone in Shenzhen, China. The app has been downloaded anywhere from 1.1 million to 4.6 million times. The exact number isn’t known because the Android Market doesn’t offer precise data. The search through the data showed that Jackeey Wallpaper and another developer known as iceskysl@1sters! (which could possibly be the same developer, as they use similar code) were collecting personal data. The wallpaper app asks for “phone info,†but that isn’t necessarily a clear warning.

The Lookout executives found the questionable app as part of their App Genome Project. Lookout is a mobile security firm, and it logged data from more than 100,000 free Android and iPhone apps as part of the project to analyze how apps behave. It found that the apps access your personal data quite often. On Android, each user is asked if they give their permission to access an app, but on the iPhone, where Apple approves apps, no permission is needed.

Roughly 47 percent of Android apps access some kind of third-party code, while 23 percent of iPhone apps do. The executives also found that many apps use third-party software programs to do things such as feed ads into an app. Often, developers unquestioningly use the software development kits of those third parties in their apps, even if they don’t know what they do. In many cases, there is a good reason for the use of personal information. Ads, for instance, can be better targeted if the app knows a user’s location.

Hering said in a press conference afterward that he believes both Google and Apple are on top of policing their app stores, particularly when there are known malware problems with apps. But it’s unclear what happens when apps behave as the wallpaper apps do, where it’s not clear why they are doing what they are doing.

http://mobile.venturebeat.com/2010/07/28/android-wallpaper-app-that-steals-your-data-was-downloaded-by-millions/

Information is money nowadays.

Tokyo's 'oldest man' had been dead for 30 years

Officials had planned a birthday celebration to honour Mr Kato but they found him dead

He was thought to be the oldest man in Tokyo - but when officials went to congratulate Sogen Kato on his 111th birthday, they uncovered mummified skeletal remains lying in his bed.

Mr Kato may have been dead for 30 years according to Japanese authorities.

They grew suspicious when they went to honour Mr Kato at his address in Adachi ward, but his granddaughter told them he "doesn't want to see anybody".

Police are now investigating the family on possible fraud charges.

Continue reading the main story

“

Start Quote

His family must have known he has been dead all these years... it's so eerieâ€

Yutaka Muroi

Tokyo welfare official

'Living Buddha'

Welfare officials had tried to meet Mr Kato since early this year. But when they went to visit, family members repeatedly chased them away, according to Tomoko Iwamatsu, an Adachi ward official.

Authorities grew suspicious and sought an investigation by police, who forced their way into the house on Wednesday.

They discovered a mummified body, believed to be Kato, lying in his bed, wearing underwear and pyjamas, covered with a blanket.

Mr Kato's relatives told police that he had "confined himself in his room more than 30 years ago and became a living Buddha," according to a report by Jiji Press.

But the family had received 9.5 million yen ($109,000: £70,000) in widower's pension payments via Mr Kato's bank account since his wife died six years ago, and some of the money had recently been withdrawn.

The pension fund had long been unable to contact Mr Kato.

"His family must have known he has been dead all these years and acted as if nothing happened. It's so eerie," said Yutaka Muroi, a Tokyo metropolitan welfare official.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10809128

:shock:

Brazil's sex tourism boom

Young children are supplying an increasing demand from foreign tourists who travel to Brazil for sex holidays, according to a BBC investigation. Chris Rogers reports on how the country is overtaking Thailand as a destination for sex tourism and on attempts to curb the problem.

Her small bikini exposes her tiny frame. She looks no older than 13 - one of dozens of girls parading the street looking for clients in the blazing mid-afternoon sun. Most come from the surrounding favelas - or slums.

As I park my car, the young girl dances provocatively to catch my attention.

"Hello my name is Clemie - you want a programme?" she asks, programme being the code word they use for an hour of sex. Clemie asks for less than $5 (£3) for her services. An older woman standing nearby steps in and introduces herself as Clemie's mother.

“

Start Quote

I usually have more than 10 clients per night - they pay 10 reais each - enough for a rock of crackâ€

Pia

13-year-old prostitute

"You have the choice of another two girls, they are the same age as my daughter, the same price," she explains. "I can take you to a local motel where a room can be rented by the hour."

I make my excuses and head towards the bars and brothels of the nearby red-light district.

Full story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-10764371

Young children are supplying an increasing demand from foreign tourists who travel to Brazil for sex holidays, according to a BBC investigation. Chris Rogers reports on how the country is overtaking Thailand as a destination for sex tourism and on attempts to curb the problem.

Her small bikini exposes her tiny frame. She looks no older than 13 - one of dozens of girls parading the street looking for clients in the blazing mid-afternoon sun. Most come from the surrounding favelas - or slums.

"Hello my name is Clemie - you want a programme?" she asks, programme being the code word they use for an hour of sex. Clemie asks for less than $5 (£3) for her services. An older woman standing nearby steps in and introduces herself as Clemie's mother.

“

Start Quote

I usually have more than 10 clients per night - they pay 10 reais each - enough for a rock of crackâ€

Pia

13-year-old prostitute

"You have the choice of another two girls, they are the same age as my daughter, the same price," she explains. "I can take you to a local motel where a room can be rented by the hour."

I make my excuses and head towards the bars and brothels of the nearby red-light district.

Full story here

Full on advertising at its best. Thank **** nana should be a bit less packed now

“

Start Quote

Pia

13-year-old prostitute

Full story here

Full on advertising at its best. Thank f*ck nana should be a bit less packed now

dude they are just trying to clean this stuff up before the next world cup...

that was part of the agreement..but i agree sad sad stuff...

I love FB. So many people I thought I had lost I have managed to get in contact with. So far I haven't had any worries.

C'mon, sum ppl had worst. Specially when their mother are on facebook and guys younger than em are poking her.

C'mon, sum ppl had worst. Specially when their mother are on facebook and guys younger than em are poking her.

I love cumming inside mums........... It's like they already know!

KUWAIT — With nowhere else to go, dozens of Nepalese maids who fled from their employers now sleep on the floor in the lobby of their embassy here, next to the visitors’ chairs.

Multimedia

In the Philippines Embassy, more than 200 women are packed in a sweltering room, where they sleep on their luggage and pass the time singing along to Filipino crooners on television. So many runaways are sheltering in the Indonesian Embassy that some have left a packed basement and taken over a prayer room.

And in the coming weeks, when Ramadan starts, the number of maids seeking protection is expected to grow, perhaps by the hundreds, straining the capacity of the improvised shelters, embassy officials say. With Kuwaiti families staying up into the early hours of the morning, some maids say they cook more, work longer hours and sleep less.

Rosflor Armada, who is staying in the Philippines Embassy, said that last year during Ramadan, she cooked all day for the evening meal and was allowed to sleep only about two hours a night.

“They said, ‘You will work. You will work.’ †She said that she left after her employers demanded that she wash the windows at 3 a.m.

The existence of the shelters reflects a hard reality here: With few legal protections against employers who choose not to pay servants, who push them too hard, or who abuse them, sometimes there is nothing left to do but run. The laws that do exist tend to err on the side of protecting employers, who often pay more than $2,000 upfront to hire the maids from the agencies that bring the women here.

The problems in Kuwait, including a lack of legal protection, are hardly unusual or even regional; this summer, New York became the first state to grant workplace rights to domestic employees in an effort to prevent sexual harassment and other abuses. But human rights groups say the potential for mistreatment is acute in several countries in the Middle East, especially those with large numbers of migrant workers who rely on a sponsorship system that makes employers responsible for the welfare of their workers.

That system is particularly entrenched in Kuwait, where oil riches allow many families to have several servants, human rights advocates say. And conditions for some workers here are bad enough that the United States Department of State in a 2010 report singled out Kuwait, along with 12 other countries, for failing to do enough to prevent human trafficking.

The report noted that migrants enter Kuwait voluntarily, but “upon arrival some are subjected to conditions of forced labor by their sponsors and labor agents, including through such practices as nonpayment of wages, threats, physical or sexual abuse, and restrictions on movement, such as the withholding of passports.â€

The informal shelters here are open secrets and touchy subjects.

Embassy officials are loath to talk about them and generally do not allow visitors, citing concerns about the privacy of the women and a reluctance to antagonize Kuwaiti officials, whose cooperation they need in order to repatriate many of the women. The government runs a shelter for about 50 women, but few domestic workers know about the place, according to their advocates.

Kuwaiti officials say that an overwhelming majority of the country’s approximately 650,000 domestic workers are treated well and are considered part of the families that employ them. Some bristle at the notion that Ramadan is more taxing.

Mohammed al-Kandari, under secretary in the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor, said many maids received extra money from their employers during Ramadan.

“They get benefits. Their expenses and food is paid for, and they don’t spend anything,†he said. “They send their salaries to their families. Some work here for 15, 20, 25 years.â€

But even many of those who are not abused can lead lonely, Spartan lives with little time off. Some employers forbid the women to socialize with friends, and the women themselves are often loath to spend much money in their free time so they can save cash for the families they left behind in their home countries.

KUWAIT — With nowhere else to go, dozens of Nepalese maids who fled from their employers now sleep on the floor in the lobby of their embassy here, next to the visitors’ chairs.

Multimedia

In the Philippines Embassy, more than 200 women are packed in a sweltering room, where they sleep on their luggage and pass the time singing along to Filipino crooners on television. So many runaways are sheltering in the Indonesian Embassy that some have left a packed basement and taken over a prayer room.

And in the coming weeks, when Ramadan starts, the number of maids seeking protection is expected to grow, perhaps by the hundreds, straining the capacity of the improvised shelters, embassy officials say. With Kuwaiti families staying up into the early hours of the morning, some maids say they cook more, work longer hours and sleep less.

Rosflor Armada, who is staying in the Philippines Embassy, said that last year during Ramadan, she cooked all day for the evening meal and was allowed to sleep only about two hours a night.

“They said, ‘You will work. You will work.’ †She said that she left after her employers demanded that she wash the windows at 3 a.m.

The existence of the shelters reflects a hard reality here: With few legal protections against employers who choose not to pay servants, who push them too hard, or who abuse them, sometimes there is nothing left to do but run. The laws that do exist tend to err on the side of protecting employers, who often pay more than $2,000 upfront to hire the maids from the agencies that bring the women here.

The problems in Kuwait, including a lack of legal protection, are hardly unusual or even regional; this summer, New York became the first state to grant workplace rights to domestic employees in an effort to prevent sexual harassment and other abuses. But human rights groups say the potential for mistreatment is acute in several countries in the Middle East, especially those with large numbers of migrant workers who rely on a sponsorship system that makes employers responsible for the welfare of their workers.

That system is particularly entrenched in Kuwait, where oil riches allow many families to have several servants, human rights advocates say. And conditions for some workers here are bad enough that the United States Department of State in a 2010 report singled out Kuwait, along with 12 other countries, for failing to do enough to prevent human trafficking.

The report noted that migrants enter Kuwait voluntarily, but “upon arrival some are subjected to conditions of forced labor by their sponsors and labor agents, including through such practices as nonpayment of wages, threats, physical or sexual abuse, and restrictions on movement, such as the withholding of passports.â€

The informal shelters here are open secrets and touchy subjects.

Embassy officials are loath to talk about them and generally do not allow visitors, citing concerns about the privacy of the women and a reluctance to antagonize Kuwaiti officials, whose cooperation they need in order to repatriate many of the women. The government runs a shelter for about 50 women, but few domestic workers know about the place, according to their advocates.

Kuwaiti officials say that an overwhelming majority of the country’s approximately 650,000 domestic workers are treated well and are considered part of the families that employ them. Some bristle at the notion that Ramadan is more taxing.

Mohammed al-Kandari, under secretary in the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor, said many maids received extra money from their employers during Ramadan.

“They get benefits. Their expenses and food is paid for, and they don’t spend anything,†he said. “They send their salaries to their families. Some work here for 15, 20, 25 years.â€

But even many of those who are not abused can lead lonely, Spartan lives with little time off. Some employers forbid the women to socialize with friends, and the women themselves are often loath to spend much money in their free time so they can save cash for the families they left behind in their home countries.

I spent several years in the middle east , it is another example of the scum that Islam breeds.

No wonder ducks strut about!! LOL

Duck penis length depends on other guys:

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia — New measurements find that the maximum length of a duck’s penis depends on the company he keeps. And in this case, it’s his fellow males who make the difference.

A drake’s penis substantially wastes away at the end of one breeding season and then regrows as the next season begins. Among lesser scaup and ruddy ducks, the regrowth varies in length or timing depending on whether males have to compete with a bunch of other guys, said Patricia Brennan of Yale University.

Her new measurements offer the first evidence in vertebrates that social circumstances influence penis growth, she reported July 29 at the annual meeting of the Animal Behavior Society.

In many bird species, males don’t grow specialized organs to deliver sperm. Ducks typically do, their penises sometimes reaching considerable lengths (9.8 inches for a ruddy duck, more than half its body length). That extra length may give a male a competitive advantage in delivering sperm when females have multiple mates. Brennan’s past research has documented strong sexual conflict in ducks, with males forcing copulation and females employing strategies such as corkscrew-shaped vaginas, developed over the course of duck evolution, that apparently thwart male control of reproduction.

To see whether competition among males influences penis growth, Brennan housed some of her drakes in groups of seven to eight males with just five or six females. Other males lived with just one female.

Among the scaup, males competing in groups grew penises 15 percent longer, and sometimes up to 25 percent longer, than drakes with no mating rivals, Brennan reported.

The corkscrew-shaped penis of a ruddy duck, with a 2-centimeter (0.8-inch) bar for scale.

The scaup species doesn’t show many signs of conflict between males and females, though, she said. Scaup drakes, for example, rarely force themselves on a resistant female. In contrast, ruddy duck relations seem rife with conflict, with males often forcing themselves on females in chaotic mating scenes.

Among ruddies, penis length did not differ overall between males in competitive crowds and those in lucky privacy. What did differ was timing.

In the competitive groups, a few big males grew prodigious organs as if dominating the group. Other males grew more moderate penises, which started wasting away weeks earlier than those of dominant males or males with no competition.

Thus, Brennan said, male ducks are “prudent.†In a crowd, a ho-hum male apparently doesn’t bother sustaining a big investment in tissue that’s not going to pay off.

The results shed light on how ducks became so well-endowed compared with other birds, Brennan said. “It’s really likely that having a longer penis evolved in male-male competition.†Guy-versus-guy battles then could have started playing a role in battles between the sexes.

“Elegant,†says evolutionary ecologist Maydianne Andrade of the University of Toronto Scarborough, who has studied sexually cannibalistic spiders. The experiment shows that ducks “are essentially engineering their own phallus in response to social challenges.†Now she’d like to know more about just how this duck physiology works and whether any other species respond to sexual competition the same way.

Read More http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/08/duck-penises/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29#ixzz0vUE4ipbn

More scum that you couldn't make up from the religion of peace. Even though the British media have been banned from using ANY words which link criminals to Islam............... Just look at the interesting names. ALL genuine old British names I assure you.

Or, if you want to play a game, open the link, scroll down to the pics of the scum sucking evil ******* ***** and play guess the religion.

Good luck.

I always say 'You couldn't make it up' with Islamic bollocks. But I wish this one really had been made up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10844915

Girl, 14, forced to be prostitute in Greater Manchester

The men were convicted over a number of months at Manchester Crown Court A 14-year-old was forced into prostitution and sexually abused by a series of men after going missing from her home in Greater Manchester.

Nine men were convicted in connection with the abuse, which took place in February and March 2008.

The girl, described as vulnerable, was "used as a commodity" for sexual activity with the men, police said.

Supt Paul Savill, of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), said she had been through an "absolutely horrifying ordeal".

Police said the girl, who first went missing on 16 February 2008, had been abused by a number of different men "as she went from one vulnerable situation to another".

In each case the men identified her vulnerability to take advantage of her.

In a statement issued following the convictions, the girl said: "These people exploit young girls, introduce them to prostitution, feed them drugs and alcohol and tell them they love them.

'Changed my life'

"I know this because it has happened to me and it has changed my life enormously.

"I just hope that people will be more aware of this now and will be able to prevent this from happening to other vulnerable young girls."

“

Start Quote

She has been treated like a commodity: beaten, threatened and sexually exploitedâ€

End Quote

Supt Paul Savill

Greater Manchester Police

Over a series of separate hearings and trials, Manchester Crown Court heard how the girl was first picked up in Rochdale town centre by Asad Hassan.

He took her to a nightclub where she was plied with drink and taken to a flat along with two other men, Basharat Mohammed and Mohammed Atif, who all later sexually exploited her.

A few days later she travelled to Manchester where she met another man, Aftab Khan, who also plied her with alcohol and drugs before ordering her to work as a prostitute.

Over the next 10 days she was forced to have sex with a number of men for money, before flagging down a couple in the street and begging them for help.

Supt Savill said the level of abuse the girl had suffered was "almost beyond belief".

"She has been treated like a commodity: beaten, threatened and sexually exploited.

"These men took advantage of her vulnerability with no regard for her wellbeing.

"I commend this young girl for her bravery in supporting this case. Even after her ordeal she was able to revisit the sites where she was abused and testify against her abusers in court."

'Nightmare experience'

The girl's parents added: "We are very proud of our daughter for her courage in assisting Greater Manchester Police with the prosecution of these abusers who caused her such terrible harm.

"No family should have to endure a nightmare experience like the one we have been through.

"We support our daughter in hoping that these successful prosecutions will send a message that will help protect other children."

Nine men convicted at Manchester Crown Court in connection with the abuse were:

Aftab Khan, 31, of Tarporley Avenue, Fallowfield pleaded guilty to one count of controlling a child prostitute and one count of sexual activity with a child. He was sentenced to nine years in prison. This was later reduced to seven years on appeal

Abid Khaliq, 30, of Shrewsbury Street, Stretford was sentenced to eight months in prison after admitting perverting the course of justice

Noorzai Ahmed, 29, of Royce Court, Hulme was sentenced to four years in prison after he was found guilty of paying for the sexual services of a child

Mohammed Anwar Safi, 29, of no fixed address, was sentenced to 31 months in prison after admitting paying for the sexual services of a child

Mohammed Khan, 26, of Royce Court, Hulme was sentenced to four years in prison after he was found guilty of facilitating child prostitution

Najibullah Safi, 33, of Reabrook Avenue, West Gorton was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting to sexual activity with a child

Asad Yousaf Hassa, 28, of Rivington Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting two counts of sexual activity with a child

Mohammed Basharat, 28, of Prospect Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child under 16

Mohammed Atif, 29, of Rivington Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting to sexual activity with a child

******* *****, remove this oppressive poison and increase the sentences while your about it.

verb 'be in the 3rd person + a baby sheep does it again. How does it manage to keep raising the bar?

From the people who bought you the religion of peace here is another slab of 'you couldn't make it up' madness.

Nothing like protecting the family name eh!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-10849352

All the guys were from East London apparently, but if you want to play guess the religion, open the link and look at the pictures of them. If you wish to really test your brain, try guessing from the wonderfully British names they all have.

Four men jailed for life over Blackburn arson murders.

The gang targeted the wrong house by mistake

Four men have been jailed for life for murdering a couple when they set fire to the wrong house in what was intended to be a so-called honour killing.

Abdullah and Aysha Mohammed were killed when petrol was poured through the letter box of their house in Blackburn and set alight last October.

The group's intended target lived in a house further down the same street.

Hisamuddin Ibrahim, 21, who planned the attack, was jailed for a minimum of 28 years at Preston Crown Court.

Habib Iqbal, 25, Sadek Miah, 23, and Mohammed Miah, 19, were jailed for minimum terms of 25, 21 and 19 years.

They were convicted of murdering the couple on Monday.

'Cruel irony'

Sentencing the four, who are all from east London, Mr Justice Henriques said: "These were shocking and terrible murders.

“

Start Quote

I am pleased with the sentences... and feel that they are proportionate to the wicked crime committed by these evil menâ€

End Quote

Det Supt Neil Hunter

Lancashire Police

"Two persons died; but for the speedy response of the emergency services it may well have been four or more.

"It is a most cruel irony that two such devout members of the community, both deeply religious, should have lost their lives to such a perverted and wicked act."

He added: "It was intended to punish a man for committing adultery, swearing on the Koran he had not done so and then continuing to commit adultery.

"It is nearly impossible to imagine a worse case of arson than this.

"You have wreaked devastation on a blameless, devout family.

"They just happened to live at an address one digit removed from your intended target."

Det Supt Neil Hunter, of Lancashire Police, said: "I am pleased with the sentences handed out by the judge and feel that they are proportionate to the wicked crime committed by these evil men.

'Horrific ordeals'

"No prison sentence can ever bring Mr and Mrs Mohammed back but I hope that today can bring some closure to the family and assist with their grieving process."

He continued: "The family have conducted themselves with such dignity over the past 10 months, despite going through the most horrific ordeals. We will continue to support the family for as long as they need it."

Abdullah Mohammed died on the night of the fire The trial was told how Ibrahim wanted to punish a man who was having an affair with his married sister, Hafija Gorji, and ordered the three other defendants to drive from London to start a fire at the man's terraced home in the early hours while he was asleep.

The target lived at 135 London Road but the trio set fire to the Mohammeds' home at 175.

Mr and Mrs Mohammed were overcome by smoke and fumes which rapidly engulfed their terraced home after the attack on 21 October.

Mr Mohammed, 41, called 999 at about 0120 GMT and told an operator there was a fire at his home and he could not breathe.

The fire spread through the hallway and the smoke engulfed the upstairs of the house.

Mr Mohammed was found unconscious in his bedroom along with his wife, 39, and two of their three children.

He died that night and his wife died a week later. Their children, aged nine and 14, survived.

Ibrahim, of Shelly Avenue, London was also ordered to pay £32,500 prosecution costs and £25,000 defence costs.

Killing people (the wrong people) because someone dated the the wrong person. ******* sick *****. Death is a nice option for these pig suckling AIDS-ridden arse rimmers. We could be culturally sensative and do a traditional Sharia court where the punishment is the crime. Burn the ******* ***** and remove thier ideology while you are about it. Peace to all. Especially follows of purist 'verb be (in the 3rd person) + a baby sheep.

More scum that you couldn't make up from the religion of peace. Even though the British media have been banned from using ANY words which link criminals to Islam............... Just look at the interesting names. ALL genuine old British names I assure you.

Or, if you want to play a game, open the link, scroll down to the pics of the scum sucking evil f*cking c*nts and play guess the religion.

Good luck.

I always say 'You couldn't make it up' with Islamic bollocks. But I wish this one really had been made up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10844915

Girl, 14, forced to be prostitute in Greater Manchester

The men were convicted over a number of months at Manchester Crown Court A 14-year-old was forced into prostitution and sexually abused by a series of men after going missing from her home in Greater Manchester.

Nine men were convicted in connection with the abuse, which took place in February and March 2008.

The girl, described as vulnerable, was "used as a commodity" for sexual activity with the men, police said.

Supt Paul Savill, of Greater Manchester Police (GMP), said she had been through an "absolutely horrifying ordeal".

Police said the girl, who first went missing on 16 February 2008, had been abused by a number of different men "as she went from one vulnerable situation to another".

In each case the men identified her vulnerability to take advantage of her.

In a statement issued following the convictions, the girl said: "These people exploit young girls, introduce them to prostitution, feed them drugs and alcohol and tell them they love them.

'Changed my life'

"I know this because it has happened to me and it has changed my life enormously.

"I just hope that people will be more aware of this now and will be able to prevent this from happening to other vulnerable young girls."

“

Start Quote

She has been treated like a commodity: beaten, threatened and sexually exploitedâ€

End Quote

Supt Paul Savill

Greater Manchester Police

Over a series of separate hearings and trials, Manchester Crown Court heard how the girl was first picked up in Rochdale town centre by Asad Hassan.

He took her to a nightclub where she was plied with drink and taken to a flat along with two other men, Basharat Mohammed and Mohammed Atif, who all later sexually exploited her.

A few days later she travelled to Manchester where she met another man, Aftab Khan, who also plied her with alcohol and drugs before ordering her to work as a prostitute.

Over the next 10 days she was forced to have sex with a number of men for money, before flagging down a couple in the street and begging them for help.

Supt Savill said the level of abuse the girl had suffered was "almost beyond belief".

"She has been treated like a commodity: beaten, threatened and sexually exploited.

"These men took advantage of her vulnerability with no regard for her wellbeing.

"I commend this young girl for her bravery in supporting this case. Even after her ordeal she was able to revisit the sites where she was abused and testify against her abusers in court."

'Nightmare experience'

The girl's parents added: "We are very proud of our daughter for her courage in assisting Greater Manchester Police with the prosecution of these abusers who caused her such terrible harm.

"No family should have to endure a nightmare experience like the one we have been through.

"We support our daughter in hoping that these successful prosecutions will send a message that will help protect other children."

Nine men convicted at Manchester Crown Court in connection with the abuse were:

Aftab Khan, 31, of Tarporley Avenue, Fallowfield pleaded guilty to one count of controlling a child prostitute and one count of sexual activity with a child. He was sentenced to nine years in prison. This was later reduced to seven years on appeal

Abid Khaliq, 30, of Shrewsbury Street, Stretford was sentenced to eight months in prison after admitting perverting the course of justice

Noorzai Ahmed, 29, of Royce Court, Hulme was sentenced to four years in prison after he was found guilty of paying for the sexual services of a child

Mohammed Anwar Safi, 29, of no fixed address, was sentenced to 31 months in prison after admitting paying for the sexual services of a child

Mohammed Khan, 26, of Royce Court, Hulme was sentenced to four years in prison after he was found guilty of facilitating child prostitution

Najibullah Safi, 33, of Reabrook Avenue, West Gorton was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting to sexual activity with a child

Asad Yousaf Hassa, 28, of Rivington Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting two counts of sexual activity with a child

Mohammed Basharat, 28, of Prospect Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to sexual activity with a child under 16

Mohammed Atif, 29, of Rivington Street, Rochdale was sentenced to two years in prison after admitting to sexual activity with a child

f*cking c*nts, remove this oppressive poison and increase the sentences while your about it.

These ***** you mention should be fuckin HUNG!!

Just look what they are responsible for....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1462628.stm