MESSAGE TO THE AMERICANS IN THAILAND

admin

This is posted on the US Embassy website:

Town Hall meeting: Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. at the J.W. Marriott, 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok, in the large ballroom.

You are invited to attend a Town Hall meeting on Monday. Ambassador Eric G. John, along with other officials from the Embassy, will be present to discuss the current situation in Bangkok.

The Town Hall meeting for American citizens only will be held on Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. at the J.W. Marriott, 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok, in the large ballroom. The J.W. Marriott can be reached at 66-2-656-7700.

Bring your passport or other form of U.S. citizenship! You must present proof of U.S. citizenship at the door in order to be allowed in to the Town Hall meeting. You will not be admitted without proof of U.S. citizenship.

Acceptable forms of U.S. citizenship are:

--U.S. passport,

--U.S. birth certificate plus photo identification,

--Consular Report of Birth Abroad plus photo identification, or

--Naturalization Certificate.

This opportunity is intended for American citizens and is an off-the-record meeting intended to inform American citizens about the latest developments in Bangkok.

The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy can be reached by phone at 66-2-205-4049 and by e-mail at [email protected].

Could things be worse than we think? What does the US embassy know?

This is posted on the US Embassy website:

Town Hall meeting: Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. at the J.W. Marriott, 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok, in the large ballroom.

You are invited to attend a Town Hall meeting on Monday. Ambassador Eric G. John, along with other officials from the Embassy, will be present to discuss the current situation in Bangkok.

The Town Hall meeting for American citizens only will be held on Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. at the J.W. Marriott, 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok, in the large ballroom. The J.W. Marriott can be reached at 66-2-656-7700.

Bring your passport or other form of U.S. citizenship! You must present proof of U.S. citizenship at the door in order to be allowed in to the Town Hall meeting. You will not be admitted without proof of U.S. citizenship.

Acceptable forms of U.S. citizenship are:

--U.S. passport,

--U.S. birth certificate plus photo identification,

--Consular Report of Birth Abroad plus photo identification, or

--Naturalization Certificate.

This opportunity is intended for American citizens and is an off-the-record meeting intended to inform American citizens about the latest developments in Bangkok.

The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy can be reached by phone at 66-2-205-4049 and by e-mail at ACSBKKxxxxState.gov.

Could things be worse than we think? What does the US embassy know?

I would not be surprised if they - as a proverb goes - "hear the grass growing". Not the first time and not only in Thailand, by the way...

i think we ought to just go and find out what they've got to say rather than speculate on what they might now...

Not going to be able to make, but it would be greatly appreciated if anyone that goes posts the low-down here

yeh if someone can summarize, not sure if i can weasel away from work in time.

Are they gonna send you all home?! :cry:

i got a strange message from an old friend from my military days last night. he's in the intel community. he said to keep an eye on things and be ready to bug out if necessary. I don't want to go, but if I do...i'll just go chill in China for while.

OMG! Don't tell me they gonna send American army to kill all the terrorists here and get rid of our government!

:shock:

i got a strange message from an old friend from my military days last night. he's in the intel community. he said to keep an eye on things and be ready to bug out if necessary. I don't want to go, but if I do...i'll just go chill in China for while.

OMG! Don't tell me they gonna send American army to kill all the terrorists here and get rid of our government!

Highly unlikely for the US to get involved here as there isn't much in it for us.

On top of that, I can't see it getting so bad that we have to leave for a while...

the American army never left since the communist scare of the past four decades ;)

the American army never left since the communist scare of the past four decades ;)

the american army were not communists, silly.

but your comment is accurate anyway. T land has been a handy place to 'interrogate' the odd hankeyhead and great place to mass produce pictures of people for propoganda purposes as well.

Guest speaker will be: Allseasonsman

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My god, can you imagine it. After about 2 mins he would be lynched by a bunch of old Vietnam Vets!

that would be interesting because then we'd see if any of those guys running around bkk claiming they were green berets/navy seals/black ops actually do know what they're doing....

Im not American (and have no plan to be in the near future), but know that US Intellegence Agency in TH have been working with TH gov. closely on this situation. They may gathered some info. and wanna share with AA in TH.

Abhisit should bring George Bush back from retirement and hire him as political advisor :lol:

Im not American (and have no plan to be in the near future), but know that US Intellegence Agency in TH have been working with TH gov. closely on this situation. They may gathered some info. and wanna share with AA in TH.

Abhisit should bring George Bush back from retirement and hire him as political advisor :lol:

Abhisit would more prefer to hire Obama as they have some similar perspective till some Presses in TH called him Obamark ( Mark is abhisit's nic )