I need a haircut

BkkPilot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A haircut costs usually 150 Baht in BKK. What would you like to include for the other 650 until you'll reach your limit? :lol:

Just came out of Pargon: haircut 700-1200 baht. Under which rock do you live?

The problem with the local 150 baht hair salons is that my Thai doesn't measure up to explain what I want.... Not that the Paragon girls speak any better English.

battalion ber soon .... how difficult is that !!!! 60 baht !!!!!!

Place I go in Pattaya is 250.. After 5 years of searching and trying I finally found a girl who can cut hair to a reasonable standard.. She's been overseas and has a fair bit of experience with farang hair. Most basic hairut places here just seem to adjust the length of the hair at the perimeter.. They aren't able to cut a style or shape. Only exception I have come accross (not literally) is Toni&Guy salons in BKK. You're talking 1000-1500 baht for the the 'top stylist' but I figure that's cheap for something that lasts for a Month.. and much better than looking like I've been run over by a mower.. Only wish they had a place in Pattaya..

Now if I could only do something about the colour :lol:

I know you can get a quick chop for 100 baht (or less) but for me getting a haircut is something to be enjoyed and shouldn't be dreaded.. Paying for someone who really knows what they are doing and produces a great finished product make me feel much better than getting a crap cut and saving 1000 baht...

as the ad says 'I'm worth it' :roll: :lol:

If I have loads of baht in my pocket then I often go for a professional haircut who knows the work and good on it... this because I wasn't born with gorgeous face that look good on any hair style. But if I am broke then I just don't give it a ****.

Ohhhh... Sorry to OP as he asked for advise on salon's place, not my opinion. :P

I married one of the best hair stylists in Bangkok....... she's cut my hair 3 times in 6 years..... one of those times was with the use of a bowl.

You let her get that close to your head with a sharp object?!

Balls of steel, Chris...Balls of steel.

more like brains of f**king sawdust !!! :D:D

I married one of the best hair stylists in Bangkok....... she's cut my hair 3 times in 6 years..... one of those times was with the use of a bowl.

Funny enough as I type I'm sitting in a pile of sawdust.... still got 10 fingers and 10 toes despite the odds William Hill gave on the purchase of a new circular saw.

Funny enough as I type I'm sitting in a pile of sawdust.... still got 10 fingers and 10 toes despite the odds William Hill gave on the purchase of a new circular saw.

So many safety features on them things now even a numbnuts like you should be safe..

• 11 months later...

Hi...

I know a pretty good (hot) hair stylist

Quite well known amongst the ex pats too

You can google them if you want more recommendations, they are quite popular online

THE CORNER SALON BANGKOK

Prices are not as crazy as Paragon, and english and products are way up there. i.e. you dont get the classic Thai mullet and can leave feeling confident and Ok..

Popular with the ladies too... i always see a ruck of expat women in the little place

check em out..

You want a good barber then my barber on Ratchaprarop just before soi 14 is great. Haircut, or shave is only bt60, and he does know how to cut foreigners hair.

He is right next to a salon for the women at the same reasonable Thai prices. No foreigner markup.

i've seen ur hair ... he's over ******* charging U !!!