Thai racist??? Just look at the picture...

tarn_arts

Okay, I read the whole post and I gotta say....."Bob" sure knows how to construct an argument. He's repeatedly hit MarkCJ with many hits with very, very little factual response.

I get waht MarkCj is trying to say, but EB just makes his points and isnt afriad of stepping on a toe or two.

EB for PM. lol

Okay, I read the whole post and I gotta say....."Bob" sure knows how to construct an argument. He's repeatedly hit MarkCJ with many hits with very, very little factual response.

I get waht MarkCj is trying to say, but EB just makes his points and isnt afriad of stepping on a toe or two.

EB for PM. lol

******* homo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A nationality is not a race. you clearly don't understand what the term "racism" actually means. I'm trying to work out if what you've written here is a joke. If it is, then my apologies. But do you really think that limitations on buying property or opening a business are a form of racism? You think it's because you're white? Really? Seriously? You've been here nine years and you think this?

Thais are racist, because they don't know any better.

They are racist against Burmese, Laotians, Cambodians, Farangs, Africans, Indians and Arabs.

The levels of racisms are different and take different forms. Fortunately I belong to the Farang race and racism against me extends to over-charging and gossipping about me. I pay higher prices for local attractions and there are limitations on buying property, opening a business etc.

However, most of the racism in covert, rather than overt. With a little patience I can handle it. There are upsides too - I can get away with dating girls outside my league / age group. I can make mistakes and be forgiven because I am 'just a farang'. I can speak basic Thai after 9 years and be treated like a genius because most farangs don't speak any Thai.

It's great to be here....

A nationality is not a race. you clearly don't understand what the term "racism" actually means. I'm trying to work out if what you've written here is a joke. If it is, then my apologies. But do you really think that limitations on buying property or opening a business are a form of racism? You think it's because you're white? Really? Seriously? You've been here nine years and you think this?

That's not my read at all. I think the best example is exactly the the OP's post. There are white South Africans and black South Africans. It's pretty obvious that the sign was not aimed at white South Africans. So it is not nationalism. It is racism. They don't want black people in their business. They don't seem to mind people from Africa who are white. That is pretty much the definition of racism.

Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race, ethnicity, or nationality are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that ethnic differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.Racism's effects are called "racial discrimination." In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or receive preferential treatment.

Racial discrimination typically points out taxonomic differences between different groups of people, although anyone may be discriminated against on an ethnic or cultural basis, independently of their somatic differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.

Yes, Bob pretty much nailed it.

Edited by Stramash
I'm slowly going mad

ok .... so what r limitations on buying a property or opening a business here based on ur race/ethnicity if not racism ??

lol. Did you stop reading on page 1? If you didn't like that post, go to the section where I discuss racism practiced between Sino-Thais and Mon-Khmers within the Thai nationality.

EB for PM. lol

Thank you. Always good to meet the public. I've got a new movie coming put in June and copies of my latest book are available at all good bookstores.

To be honest Kitty, this is not the right place to practice your English.

It's too colloquial and sometimes technical.

There are other forums that would suit you better.

Of all people, Bob, I thought YOU would understand what "I am here to practice my English" really means.

ok .... so what r limitations on buying a property or opening a business here based on ur race/ethnicity if not racism ??

I would have to agree with the other view here that it is based on Nationality. If not,then an American born Thai could buy property here.Right? But I don't think he could. If he could,then I guess it is based on race. Logical?

Now the topic is dying, I confess I only did it out of mischief. I wrote to Bill pointing out that forums had lost their edge and we were lucky if we got 4 pages these days.

I wanted a bit of the old style of TF fighting.

It was a bit of fun - I hope we can have a few more of these.

(but we needed a stooge - enter Mark)

Actually, those would be limitations based on your nationality. While valid (more than a few other countries have similar laws) I personally believe that those policies are a little backwards and xenophobic. Though the original intent (or least what the people were sold) was that this would keep rich foreigners from buying up the country (the xenophobic part), the result has been that 10% of the wealthiest Thais own 90% of the land in Thailand.

To be honest Kitty, this is not the right place to practice your English.

It's too colloquial and sometimes technical.

There are other forums that would suit you better.

To answer your question - I said it because I'm a mean bastard and Mark is stupid.

I would say yes...

TF fighting on forum is quite strong for sweet Thai girls like us. :P

I would have to agree with the other view here that it is based on Nationality. If not,then an American born Thai could buy property here.Right? But I don't think he could. If he could,then I guess it is based on race. Logical?

Logical but with a flaw in the logic. It doesn't need to be either-or. You can be both nationalistic (or xenophobic) and racist at the same time. In fact the two tend to go hand in hand. Those particular laws about business and land ownership are an example of xenophobia or nationalism but they don't exclude racism.

Take one retard, tell him 1+1=3 and release him into the community.

If I ban blacks from my establishment based on my perception that whites have more money, I'm being racist. Not, as some subnormal **** might argue, opportunistic. My motivation may lie in money, but the end result is my racist action. Calling someone Chinese who cuts me up in traffic a stupid yellow idiot, is racist, my motivation for my racist actions being in my anger.

Motivation for racist actions may well be anger, revenge, money or whatever; but arguing that, if what motivates me to be racist isn't itself racist then I'm not being racist, is simply a non-argument.

Total tossers like the argumentative **** riling everyone up either truly believes 1+1=3 or somewhere along the line he realised he was talking utter sh1te but just doesn't have the balls to admit he's wrong.