Would you share a bank account with your boy/girl friend?

Marla

RainBo wrote: 

I see nothing more embarrassing for a woman, than to go somewhere and have her BF, HB or what ever reach into his pocket and have to pay for her.

I pretty much agree with this. Very few times in my life that I let a man pays for me. When my husband & I go out, I pay. I don't feel comfortable letting my husband pays.

Interesting.....

Many times men would get embarrassed if women pay for them things. Part of thier mannish ego, i guess. My ex once said, it made him feel like a man.... But they would really appreciate it if their women give a treat once in a while...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. My gf has one of my atm cards, 7 figures on it, never as much as 1 baht missing when i come back from months of overseas work. Its called trust. Couldnt trust a farang girl as i trust this one.

that's called the 'long game' as opposed to the short time game.

Lets see in 1 or 2 years if you say the same :wink:

Yeah we'll see in a few years...but i gotta trust her, without trust how can a relationship work. Now i'm more or less forcing her to buy a new phone with my $$ but she doesnt want it. Hmm...

Btw, thanks guys for the positive posts instead of flak.

The laws of many countries end up favoring the woman too much.

I am richer than her.

IF we share it long enough and then split, she is entitled to a large share... sorry love, I adore you but you have no chance of this.

My money, my account.

hahahahahahahahaha its mine all mine i say hahahahaha woowoowoowoohaahhaahhaaahahhaahaaa!!!!!! (evil laugh)

God I need a *** haha

My answer is NO. Life is too uncertain and things tend to get ugly when there is money involved. Besides, a bank account is a very personal thing.

100% agree. Knowing to much about how the partner spends her/his money will surely lead into bad trouble ...

("Hey why do you buy such expensive shoes? You'll never gonna wear them anyway!" ... #@*)

Some men (and women also) aren't very good with saving money. So they are better off when the partner takes care of the money. But even so I'd suppose separated bank accounts in order to prevent blood and thunder ;-)

Yamahacrasher I agree with you 100%

One point here is because YOU may be stupid and end up with a girl that steals all your money, does not mean every girl will.

There are many, many professional and responsible ladies in Thailand.

Once again, if you don't know any, do a little self reflection in the mirror.

If you are 50 years old hanging out with a twinkie you just met, sure I can see her ripping off gramps for everything and going to get some **** somewhere else with your money, which in this case makes her way smarter than you.

But for those in a serious relationship, not trusting her with money, means you JUST DON'T TRUST HER ALL!

And if that is the case, what are you doing together in the first place?

I am happy as hell not having to go buy groceries, pay bills or any of that other foolishess that my GF takes care of every month with our joint account.

Not trusting over something as simple as money is the beginning of the end.

Same as Yamahacrasher, my GF is super at keeping every baht accounted for and even though she knows she can always buy what ever she wants, she is more sensible than me burning money like it is paper.

PeeMarc,

Wait and see what happens in a couple years?

Man we could all be dead tomorrow if the meteor circling urANUS breaks free and crashes into Thailand.

Life is only guaranteed one day at a time.

I trusted her today and I will trust her tomorrow. And if I die tomorrow, I hope to God she can find some happiness spending all the money I have in OUR joint account. That's the real love.

Yamahacrasher I agree with you 100%

One point here is because YOU may be stupid and end up with a girl that steals all your money, does not mean every girl will.

There are many, many professional and responsible ladies in Thailand.

Once again, if you don't know any, do a little self reflection in the mirror.

If you are 50 years old hanging out with a twinkie you just met, sure I can see her ripping off gramps for everything and going to get some d*ck somewhere else with your money, which in this case makes her way smarter than you.

But for those in a serious relationship, not trusting her with money, means you JUST DON'T TRUST HER ALL!

And if that is the case, what are you doing together in the first place?

I am happy as hell not having to go buy groceries, pay bills or any of that other foolishess that my GF takes care of every month with our joint account.

Not trusting over something as simple as money is the beginning of the end.

Same as Yamahacrasher, my GF is super at keeping every baht accounted for and even though she knows she can always buy what ever she wants, she is more sensible than me burning money like it is paper.

very well said :thumbleft: when it comes to family..we share, dont we??

boyfriend and girlfriend should NEVER share bank accounts. that's what married people do.

if you're married, it isn't necessarily a matter of trust so much as who is good at budgeting/saving/sticking to it.

there are a number of ways of structuring it but i think both partners should have their own bank account, at least for spending money. for example, direct deposit of pay either goes into a joint account or the "responsible one's" account.

from there, it can be transferred to personal accounts within the same bank (i say within the same bank because most banks don't charge you extra for moving your money around within the same bank).

boyfriend and girlfriend should NEVER share bank accounts. that's what married people do.

if you're married, it isn't necessarily a matter of trust so much as who is good at budgeting/saving/sticking to it.

there are a number of ways of structuring it but i think both partners should have their own bank account, at least for spending money. for example, direct deposit of pay either goes into a joint account or the "responsible one's" account.

from there, it can be transferred to personal accounts within the same bank (i say within the same bank because most banks don't charge you extra for moving your money around within the same bank).

the responsible one. :lol: your so polite

it's a euphemism for "the one who isn't me."

I can relate

I can relate

i need to hurry up and get married so that i won't be in charge of my bank account anymore, before i hurt myself with it.

yeah but right before i do, there's this scion of a Noble Nigerian Family that's a gonna help me multiply the riches that me and my "responsible good-with-money thai lady-that-loves me" are agonna ride off into the pinacolada sunset with.

i've only been sniffin around this site for three or four years, but we're already on the sixth shift of formerly "yeah-but-mine-is different/special", presently broke and broken-hearted hansum men.

any woman i'd be interested in, well she wouldn't wanna mingle bank accounts even if i held a gun to her head. and she's smart enough to only let me see the little books with the sucker/ez money in them. the real jewels i never am made aware of, therefor NO TEMPTATION.

that's true love! if you care about someone, why would you set them up for a failure of values/morals. make it ez for them to BE GOOD.

If it's just a gf/bf I think you should have seperate bank accounts. I would share a saving account if living together and this will be for household expenses and holiday.

Dont women prefer it if the man pays for all the bills and household expenses, the holidays, the evenings out and gives her money to spend on useless crap like dresses, shoes and handbags.

Or would that be too simplistic.

Yes but i would feel guilty

Dont women prefer it if the man pays for all the bills and household expenses, the holidays, the evenings out and gives her money to spend on useless crap like dresses, shoes and handbags.

No objection, just throw it in! I wouldn't mind split the bills or pay for my own expenses but it's always better if the man pays...hmm...if he loves me....a little emotional blackmail :lol:

If it's just a gf/bf I think you should have seperate bank accounts. I would share a saving account if living together and this will be for household expenses and holiday.

Yes, I prefer the man pays for my bills and those craps you talked about. But only problem is he is too poor and needs foods for himself first before buy those stuff to me. :(

Yes but i would feel guilty

Thats why i dont understand women, us men are damned if you do and damned if we don't.

Well, then I think you men have a problem.

My answer is NO. Life is too uncertain and things tend to get ugly when there is money involved. Besides, a bank account is a very personal thing. Just because I do not share one with my boyfriend does not mean I do not trust him.

Let me your comments.... Thanks :-)

Ummm b a stupid idea 2 ever share an account with anyone. Not even friends or family or gf/bf.....

Pre- nups!! R however a great great idea.

so r xanex and vicodine but thats my story

it's a GREAT way for a man to ensure, if he has a decent salary, that the bulk of disposable income is steered toward kickass gadgets. in order for the plan to work, all he has to do is find a woman even stupider than he is.

it's a GREAT way for a man to ensure, if he has a decent salary, that the bulk of disposable income is steered toward kickass gadgets. in order for the plan to work, all he has to do is find a woman even stupider than he is.

:shock: bow to ur awesomeness here

u did see the obvious drawback to this masperplan for 99% of the men on TF !!!