WTF?--- News hot off the press that makes you say--- WTF?

GoodKarma

MUMBAI, India — A court-ordered search of vaults beneath a south Indian temple has unearthed gold, jewels and statues worth an estimated $22 billion, government officials said Monday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/05/world/asia/05india.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Holy poopola, but 22 Billion US is a buttload of money. I'd be interested to hear their real valuation on it all.

Suitcase Escape Bid Foiled At Mexican Prison

A Mexican woman has been arrested for trying to sneak her husband out of prison in a suitcase following a conjugal visit.

Maria del Mar Arjona, 19, was stopped as she left the prison in Chetumal, the capital of the Caribbean state Quintana Roo.

Staff became suspicious as the young woman seemed nervous and was struggling with a black, wheeled suitcase which looked particularly bulky.

Police spokesman Gerardo Campos said prison guards checked the bag and found inmate Juan Ramirez Tijerina curled up inside.

Convicted in 2007, Ramirez is serving a 20-year sentence for illegal weapons possession.

He is thought to be a member of the Sinaloa drugs cartel.

Arjona has been arrested and charges are pending.

suit.jpg

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/suitcase-escape-bid-foiled-mexican-prison-082426528.html

Uuuuhhh! But I remember back in 2002, I got infected on my toes and forefoot by a worm in Koh Samed Because of all the stray dog's **** in the sand you cannot see. Although this stupid worm is bound to die in the human body (just under the skin) within three to four weeks, it creates a lot of havoc (inflammation of the "tunnel" it's creating) while making its about 10cm journey as I had to suffer. Luckily, German doctors at the Field Hospital in Kabul found out quickly and after ten days in total, about three days after starting treatment, I was able to walk normally again.

Man fined after returning more than £10,000 in cash

Stupid guy to accept this fine! At least, the bank should pay for it if the law is strict like that! Well, in Central Europe, he would get about 5% reward, which after the fine still would sum up to some 190£. Maddening anyhow!

TOKYO (Reuters) - Forced to quit after barely a week as Japan's reconstruction minister for remarks deemed offensive to victims of the March earthquake and tsunami, Ryu Matsumoto had an unusual explanation for his behavior -- his blood type.

"My blood's type B, which means I can be irritable and impetuous, and my intentions don't always come across," he said Tuesday after his resignation.

"My wife called me earlier to point that out. I think I need to reflect about that."

Matsumoto was tapping into a widespread belief in Japan that blood types correspond to various character traits.

Japan's fascination with blood types began in the early 20th century and is similar to the belief in astrology and horoscopes. Many Japanese believe their blood type can foretell success in romance and the suitability for jobs.

It's not uncommon for the subject to come up in conversation, sometimes as explanation for an action, and a directory of members of parliament lists the blood types of many, along with their home towns and hobbies.

Many Japanese, however, said it was not an acceptable reason for Matsumoto's behavior on a trip to the devastated northern region, during which he told a prefecture governor the government would not help communities that failed to come up with ideas to help themselves.

Speaking before TV cameras, Matsumoto reprimanded the governor for keeping him waiting and then ordered journalists not to report the exchange or else their media outlets would suffer.

People with type B blood are believed to be stubborn, impulsive and cold, although they are also seen as practical, and Matsumoto's explanation was greeted with derision.

"He should apologize to all other Type Bs," said one user of a Web chat forum.

Matsumoto's resignation delivered a fresh blow to unpopular Prime Minister Naoto Kan, who is a blood type O -- believed to be sociable and energetic but flighty, able to easily start projects but then give them up just as fast.

(Reporting by Elaine Lies, editing by Miral Fahmy)

if an offer is too good to be true ... well there's usually a reason for that !!!

Man robbed after promise of threesome from woman (22)

Wednesday July 06 2011

A MAN was offered a sex session by two women who then proceeded to rob him at knife-point once he had agreed to go to their bedroom.

Mary Williamson (22) pleaded guilty yesterday at Cork Circuit Criminal Court to robbery and demanding money with menaces.

The charges relate to separate incidents in Bantry in West Cork on September 5 last involving two different men, a 22-year old and a 55-year old.

Williamson pleaded guilty to robbing the younger man and then demanding money with menaces from the older man, who had €920 taken.

Judge Patrick Moran was told two men had been lured separately to a house with promises of sex -- with the middle-aged man offered a "threesome."

However, once inside the bedroom of the house, the men were confronted and threatened by the two young women.

Judge Moran agreed to grant the defendant, who has an address of 4 Slip Heights, Bantry, Co Cork, time to continue her recovery and he adjourned sentencing to November 21 next.

Irish Independent

Peep-show pilot finds unusual landing strip - cnews

CARIGNAN, Que. -- Transport Canada has launched an investigation to determine why a pilot landed his ultralight aircraft in the parking lot of a strip club in this town south of Montreal.

Local police say they received a 911 call from a witness who though he saw a plane crash at Le Rendez-Vous 10-35 bar on Saturday.

strip_club1_248.jpg&size=256x600&quality=85

The witness later discovered that the aircraft had landed in the parking lot, and the pilot had entered the bar. He later left the bar and took off.

Police found the pilot, a 43-year-old man whose identity has not been disclosed.

He was not charged.

Civil aviation rules state that pilots are not to land their aircraft in public places unless it's an emergency.

Pilots are also forbidden from taking the controls of an aircraft within eight hours of drinking alcohol.

If the bar-hopping pilot is found to have been drinking and flying, his license could be revoked

source: link

A really bad WTF? pick up line

Hey how ya doing? Crazy weather were having today. Wouldn't you agree?

Now aren't we having a bad Ha Boob day?

slap..slap...Maam why did you slap me? Well sir, you were talking about my bewbs being bad and I didn't like that..The nerve of you..

No I wasn't.. Really... The weather today was forcasted a bad 'Ha boob' today...

This is A Bewb in Arizona

or a 'Ha boob' it means sandstorm in Arabic..LOL

Freak Snowstorm in Northern Chilean Desert Supposedly, 'The Driest Place On Earth'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwX0iOTR4Rc

Baseball fan dies while catching ball

A fan fell to his death at Texas Rangers Ballpark after catching a ball tossed to him by Texas outfielder Josh Hamilton

The man was reaching for a ball thrown to him by Hamilton during the second inning and toppled over a railing after making the catch. Television pictures showed him falling some 20 feet from the outfield seats to a paved area behind a scoreboard.

It is almost a year to the day since a similar accident at Rangers Ballpark when fan Tyler Morris fell from the second level to the lower bowl while trying to catch a foul ball on July 6, 2010. He suffered a fractured skull and broken ankle.

"We are deeply saddened that the man who fell has passed away as a result of this tragic accident," club President Nolan Ryan said in a statement on the Rangers website.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

The Rangers clubhouse was closed following the game as the players were informed of the tragedy.

"We spoke to the ballclub, so they understand what happened," Ryan said. "As any of us would be, Josh is very distraught over this."

The fan landed in sight of the Oakland bullpen.

"They had him on a stretcher and were carrying him out," local media quoted A's relief pitcher Brad Ziegler as saying.

"He was staying stuff like: 'Please check on my son.' And people were telling him: 'We'll check on your son, sir.' "I think he had his arm splinted from falling, but he was conscious and moving. To come in and find out about this is just tough."

Texas won the game 6-0.

Reuters

A really bad WTF? pick up line

Hey how ya doing? Crazy weather were having today. Wouldn't you agree?

Now aren't we having a bad Ha Boob day?

slap..slap...Maam why did you slap me? Well sir, you were talking about my bewbs being bad and I didn't like that..The nerve of you..

No I wasn't.. Really... The weather today was forcasted a bad 'Ha boob' today...

Freak Snowstorm in Northern Chilean Desert Supposedly, 'The Driest Place On Earth'

First of all...it's not a time lapse video of a sandstorm as they say. It's a video of a sandstorm. Weird, but not crazy to see in a (sand) desert.

Second of all (the Chilean thing)...Snow in a desert isn't abnormal. Antarctica is considered a desert...and no one freaks out about snow in Antarctica. 80 cm is a lot, but not crazy.

Edited by Japamerican

A really bad WTF? pick up line:

p.s. if you didn't get the joke; probably other TF'ers didn't get it as well..

The joke summary...

A man see's a good looking lady and he approaches her about the weather. The Lady thinks the guy is talking about her. But he's really speaking about the weather Haboob. She says the nerve of this guy and angrily slaps the man in the face.

Rob I agree neither incident is that uncommon in the above regions. However I believe the real eye opener is, the magnitude of the occurrences. Just as the frequency of Tsunami's happen all the time but usually of minor nature and not even noticed.

Funny that you mention these are not that uncommon in the stated regions. A business client of mine claims that as a kid growing up in undeveloped El Paso Texas as a kid in the 1950's he walked home from school on occasion's in sand storms quit often but he said nothing never that intense.

I'm originally from the Midwest and we mostly grapple with bad thunderstorms or tornadoes. So I'm not that familiar with this sort of thing... IMO I found it very weird and bizarre.

BTW I think the time lapse vid is the one if you click the

to the left of the video.

Horse semen sold in New Zealand pub

A pub in New Zealand has introduced horse semen to its drinks menu, a stomach-churning addition tinged with the wholesome flavour of apple.

The Green Man Pub in Wellington offers the 30ml shots for a princely sum of £12 - and apparently it's going down a treat with regulars.

The gastro-pub serves the drink chilled fresh from a Christchurch stallion farm and each shot contains about 300 million individual horse sperm cells.

Green Man pub co-owner Steven Drummond is to blame for the grimace-inducing drink, which he explained is knocked back by both male and female customers.

He advises his customers to shoot the sticky horse semen back in one gulp rather than attempt to sip the bizarre concoction.

He came up with the idea when trying to invent a new drink to spice-up a local food challenge.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/867726-new-zealand-pub-serves-apple-flavoured-horse-semen#ixzz1RbZY3pHS

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/867726-new-zealand-pub-serves-apple-flavoured-horse-semen#ixzz1RbZJTFFJ

Horse semen sold in New Zealand pub

The Green Man Pub in Wellington offers the 30ml shots for a princely sum of £12 - and apparently it's going down a treat with regulars.

The only reason it's going a treat with the regulars is because it saves them having to walk to the field and suck off a horse to get their fix after a few pints of....Sheeps semen (or whatever they usually drink). ;)

The only reason it's going a treat with the regulars is because it saves them having to walk to the field and suck off a horse to get their fix after a few pints of....Sheeps semen (or whatever they usually drink). ;)

I just knew that was coming. I just didn't want to be the one to bring it up. No puns intended