Breaking News

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8176253.stm

A dog that went missing nine years ago from its owner's home in Brisbane, Australia, has been found alive and well more than 1,000 miles away.

RSPCA inspectors found Muffy the dog on a scrap of cardboard in a backyard in Melbourne.

A microchip helped identify the dog, whose owners had given up on ever seeing the pet again.

A dog that went missing nine years ago from its owner's home in Brisbane, Australia, has been found alive and well more than 1,000 miles away.

RSPCA inspectors found Muffy the dog on a scrap of cardboard in a backyard in Melbourne.

A microchip helped identify the dog, whose owners had given up on ever seeing the pet again.

that is a crazy story...the girl I think missed the dog when she was like 9ys old

insane story..I agree

that is a crazy story...the girl I think missed the dog when she was like 9ys old

insane story..I agree

yep, it's a doggy dogg story

insane story..I agree

Yeah, what news can be more important! Welcome back to the forums R.win. Glad to see you're active on here again.

insane story..I agree

Yeah, what news can be more important! Welcome back to the forums R.win. Glad to see you're active on here again.

yeah, it's sort of the same thing right? A dog reunited with a forum after ...9 months/weeks I dunno... but it IS breaking news heartbreaking if you ask me. If channel 3 would turn it into a 2day per week 2hour per episode serie, I'm pretty sure either everybody or nobody would watch it :)

thnx for having me on the TF show :wink:

"MINNEAPOLIS?Next time, Minnesota's Democratic Party says, it will closely check its Internet links before sending news releases.

The party on Thursday recalled a statement criticizing Republican Gov. Tim Pawlenty because it mistakenly linked to a profane YouTube video of an elderly Chinese woman repeating obscenities.

Andrew O'Leary, executive director of the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, as the Democratic Party is known in Minnesota, says the link was provided by an outside researcher.

He says the party did not check the link before sending the release to the news media.

O'Leary says the party "obviously made a mistake."

The release challenged Pawlenty, a potential 2012 presidential candidate, for criticizing President Barack Obama at a Republican National Committee meeting."

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2009/08/01/oops_minn_dems_news_release_has_profane_link/

********watch the skies*************

Experts puzzled by spot on Venus

Astronomers are puzzled by a strange bright spot which has appeared in the clouds of Venus.

The spot was first identified by an amateur astronomer on 19 July and was later confirmed by the European Space Agency's Venus Express spacecraft.

Data from the European probe suggests the spot appeared at least four days before it was spotted from Earth.

The bright spot has since started to expand, being spread by winds in Venus's thick atmosphere.

Scientists are unsure as to what caused the bright spot tens of kilometres up. However, a volcanic eruption is a possibility.

Much of the planet is thought to have been resurfaced by volcanism. Though no firm evidence for present-day volcanism has been discovered, scientists suspect it could still be happening on Venus.

But an eruption would have needed to be extremely powerful to penetrate this far through the planet's dense, mainly carbon dioxide, atmosphere.

Another potential source for the bright spot are charged particles from the Sun interacting with Venus's atmosphere.

Alternatively, atmospheric turbulence may have caused bright material to become concentrated in one area.

This is not the first time bright areas have been spotted on Venus. But this feature is unusual because it is confined to a relatively small region.

The spot was first identified by US amateur astronomer Frank Melillo, from Holtsville, New York.

Astronomers have recently been studying a "scar" on Jupiter, thought to have been caused by a comet or asteroid impact.

2009; a space wtf???

:twisted:

yes very very sad :cry:

i read it in the news too, it says one person is reported killed, 10 minor injuries are being reported, the airplane is said to have received substantial damage to the nose section.

yes the pilot is killed

So Ghee, you ready for our flight to Phuket?!!

I'll get a seat in the back.

:twisted: